News

“It’s a Dream Come True”! Ini Edo Offered Scholarship to Study Law

Ini Edo - AUN Scholarship - May 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01

Ini Edo may stay off the movie scene for a while.

Why? Well the actress has just been offered scholarship to study law in The National Open University of Nigeria.

Holding her admission letter for all to see, she took to her Instagram page to share the good news.

“So I have been offered scholarship to study law in the national open university of Nigeria.i jus got my admission letter n am super excited. It’s a dream come true… Awesome God” she says.

Congrats!

1. Uju

May 15, 2014 at 6:11 pm

That’s great news. Congrats Ini

2. Fabulicious

May 15, 2014 at 6:12 pm

I can’t even help but smile when I read this. Acada is important ooo. Those in doubt, better believe.

3. Fabulicious

May 15, 2014 at 6:13 pm

I can’t help but smile when I read this. Acada is important oooo. Those in doubt, better believe

• Diaspora

May 17, 2014 at 8:28 am

I don’t think acada is important to ini because with all the money she obviously is making going by her preference for designer brands she could afford to send her self to school. Or perhaps all that was just fake in which case there is a lesson to be learnt. But going on the bases that she actually is loaded then it’s hard to understand her joy at receiving a scholarship and the congratulations she’s receiving. She preferred to invest in designer items rather than invest in education. She’s only going for this one becos it’s free. Am not judging just trying to make sense of the whole thing. I don’t think education was a pryority for this woman therefore it makes no sense at all that she is given a scholarship. On what basis? On yeah I forgot- the Nigerian mentality!!. If she has any self respect she’ll give it back. She needs to count her blessings and count herself fortunate. To whom much is given much is expected.

4. BabyDee

May 15, 2014 at 6:14 pm

I have no idea why someone who obviously is not under any sort of financial constraint which could impede her ability to go to a higher institution is given a scholarship. This is also definitely not give to her based on academic merits.

-BabyDee

• voice of reason

May 15, 2014 at 7:07 pm

obviously? how are you so sure?

• BabyDee

May 15, 2014 at 8:51 pm

Somehow i doubt someone carrying a YSL bag cannot afford her own tuition.

-BabyDee

• nyk

May 16, 2014 at 7:33 am

U nailed it. Does she need it? NO
      Why cant she study in a proper University sef.
      Na the one wey she go pass no matter what she chose.
      Law my foot

5. egbon

May 15, 2014 at 6:25 pm

First degree or masters? Congrats all the same

6. nene

May 15, 2014 at 6:56 pm

politics? hmnn. as always she looks like an overweight market woman. her beauty is non existent when she gains weight. kenneth okonkwo (andy), me love you long time, still handsome and looking young after all these years.

• naijababe__

May 15, 2014 at 11:29 pm

why are you bitter…if God doesn’t answer your prayers now you will blame your village people…be happy for others

7. Lizzie

May 15, 2014 at 7:17 pm

As in that she cannot pay NOUN school fees? When I followed the link I was expecting to read about a Harvard or Yale scholarship. That would have been news. This is bleh…

8. queen bee

May 15, 2014 at 7:44 pm

@ Baby Dee you are so right scholarships are meant for the under privileged not for people like ini …..naija sha SMH anyways congrats sha no bad belle

9. Bliss

May 15, 2014 at 7:53 pm

Unless she is a genius from mars, she will need to quit acting and her many travels for a while, to succeed in lawschool. Well, unless the lawschool is a joke. Congrats to her tho’

10. hope

May 15, 2014 at 8:33 pm

She does not nid a scholarship dey shud give to those nid haba

• ChiChi

May 16, 2014 at 12:03 am

With your kind of spelling i guess you “NID” it more. Okwia???? U deFANATery SHUD gerrit

11. mally

May 15, 2014 at 8:38 pm

oh oh oh , how is this news, or better still , how does this bring back the kidnapped girls

12. kina

May 15, 2014 at 8:49 pm

I dont think ini needs a scholarship to go to school. I mean is there such a thing as a honorary scholarship? Bella please clarify and let people know why an actress who can afford to rock designer labels including a chanel lego bag worth over N1.58m is all of a sudden a proud recipient of a scholarship.

• Only in Nigeria

May 15, 2014 at 9:30 pm

I wonder. SMHH

• Westa

May 16, 2014 at 8:14 am

Not Chanel but Yves Saint Laurent…..

• Chioma

May 16, 2014 at 5:08 pm

Just imagine she goes about with different sort of designer bags, Chanel and even to pick up SCHOLARSHIP she is carrying another designer label. which Level. Confused.com

13. mssexy

May 15, 2014 at 9:58 pm

Kina I agree with you 100%
    but u know Nigerians do stuffs upsidedown and this is one of it

• Angel

May 16, 2014 at 5:11 am

Hahaha @ mssexy, I love how u put it, Nigerians definitely do things up side down dear, am not surprise at this….

14. ACE

May 15, 2014 at 10:47 pm

Ah Ah Noooooow!!!! Truly some things are not news worthy AT AAAAAL. I was happy for her only to see NOUN??????? hmmmm on to the next 1 biko

15. Xylem

May 16, 2014 at 7:04 am

Why give a packet of candy to an overfed brat! when there are tiny,hagard looking,underfed peopke around.
    This is one of the thing that is wrong with this Country. I’m not too much surprise anyway, its a product of political romance.
    But She could hv decline,afterall they celeb always claim super rich.
    Most of them celeb live fake lives anyway.

16. Sharp-mouth

May 16, 2014 at 7:33 am

Abeg make all of una free ini joor. this is a case of when a monkey have been denied banana longest time, what do you expect when it finally got one dangling in it face.

The name of the varsity is not the issue here joorah;

17. Bella

May 16, 2014 at 10:01 am

My own is dis. So NOUN does not have a list of bright young students who are in need of aid? they would rather give a so called Celebrity, who can afford to galavant and globe trot outside of our Nigeria, buy expensive designer? my country o, chai you dey fall my hand o.

18. enne

May 16, 2014 at 10:39 am

she looks pregnant

19. sum1special

May 16, 2014 at 10:43 am

National Open University giving scholarship to a celebrity… What a joke. So what happened to our youths who dont have money to pay school fees. So many in Nigeria who needs help and they choose Ini Edo. Another case of misplaced proirities.

20. c_ogochukwu

May 16, 2014 at 6:28 pm

can someone tell me why this woman who can afford go to school is given a scholarship just becos she is a celebrity why u have kids who very smart but can’t go to school becos of financial difficulty. smh only in naija. this is a perfect eg of the rich keep getting richer and the poor getting poor

21. Ch

May 16, 2014 at 8:30 pm

So there she is seated with a YSL bag and she got a scholarship to study? Is Ini Edo saying she can’t afford to pay for her studies? The cost of that bag and all others she has and red carpet looks she dons, can fund her own education and further assist those who are less privileged who really deserve such scholarships. Moreover, for there to be some level of creditability to this story, can NOUN share the criteria used for selection and how she came tops beating other eligible candidates? Or is this some sort of marketing and brand strategy? Let’s take our eyes away from Govt. for a minute and drill this issue to the basics, this is still a clear case of the rich getting richer. What else can I say? “Get a scholarship I don’t need, for a course I won’t really study for, at the expense of the tax-payers…

22. Onome

May 17, 2014 at 8:55 am

I am sponsoring 6 of my poor relations at various levels of education. I work 2 jobs. I have never had the luxury of owning any designer label. Now here comes this well fed heifer showing off her wealth and collecting free education were others are toiling day and night for it. Am not a hatful person but this is kind of upsetting.