News

Made in Nigeria Cars to be Unveiled Next Month

Made in Nigeria Car Bella Naija

Attention Nigerians, here is some great news. Soon, you will be able to cruise around town in your very own made-in-Nigeria cars!

The Nigerian government has announced plans for the massive roll out of made-in-Nigeria vehicles from next month, PUNCH reports.

Samuel Ortom, the Minister of State for Industry, Trade and Investment, made this announcement in Abuja yesterday.

***

So Bella Naijarians, would you buy a made-in-Nigeria car?

1. Robertha

May 16, 2014 at 4:58 pm

Thumbs up for Nigeria but before it gets into our roads,foreign experts need to come and check it out.

• Ray

May 17, 2014 at 1:09 pm

My thoughts exactly

2. @edDREAMZ

May 16, 2014 at 5:22 pm

Are they doing massaratti and bughatti?? If no they just give themself bad market…
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

• Sassy

May 16, 2014 at 5:41 pm

What part of the backwaters are you from? Since you obviously do have access to internet connection, please make use of Google or at least spell-check words before you post them.

• Lilly

May 16, 2014 at 6:05 pm

Lol. dont mind that cartoon!

3. fixnigeriaseries

May 16, 2014 at 6:58 pm

Robertha, come on! No disrespect, but your comment is an expression of colonial mentality ‘it-aint-right-till-its-white’. Please we have enough educated Nigerian industrialists that know how to assemble a car, biko!

Good development.

4. June

May 16, 2014 at 8:03 pm

I love Nigeria and I’ proud dat we are trying to take our future into our hands but i just want to point out one thing: development is more about developing your own technology than importing it i. e. I know there are really smart pple in this country and I’ll like us to invent something that is unique to us and that puts us out there
    PS: I know it starts with me and trust me I’m trying really hard and racking my brain

5. Proudly Nigerian

May 17, 2014 at 10:17 am

Why not!? I will mos def buy and drive one. As long as the security and safety of the car is guaranteed by the manufacturers, and I can service it and get proper warranty on it from the company and I wouldn’t have to pay buckets of money for it, why won’t I buy and own one?

6. sum1special

May 19, 2014 at 11:32 am

Proud of my country Nigeria for this innovative idea. Its about time we take technology to the next level.

7. BUCHI