Style

North West Makes Modelling Debut in Chanel

BellaNaija.com

North West - August 2014 - BN  - BellaNaija.com 01
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West‘s daughter is probably the most fashionable 1 year old in the world today.

North West makes her solo modelling debut rocking nothing but Chanel.

The little princess stars in an editorial spread for the fall issue of CR Fashion Book.

In the black-and-white shot, the future fashionista is wearing a Chanel brooch and a bag as well as Lorriane Schwartz diamond studs.

On photo a quote by the creative director of Chanel Karl Lagerfeld reads, “It’s never too early to care about fashion!”

1. Grown Woman

August 14, 2014 at 6:41 am

This child oozes all sorts of cuteness.very beautiful baby.

• Uche

August 14, 2014 at 9:52 am

I’m telling ya!….. tooo much cuteness going on here

2. Flames

August 14, 2014 at 6:54 am

Is she cute or wat? I like dis baby

3. She NEVER smiles. What a sad lil girl.

• Uche

August 14, 2014 at 9:52 am

really!!!!

• Thatgidigirl

August 14, 2014 at 10:08 am

U’re even sadder, attacking a baby that has done absolutely nothing to you. Is she a clown?

4. Loveisall

August 14, 2014 at 7:28 am

Cute

5. Kina

August 14, 2014 at 7:42 am

Can’t help but wonder at the parenting capacity of some of these talentless media personality. The first instinct of a mother is to protect its child. Considering both Kim and Kanye have been the blunt of negative media coverage and even baby north from that vile Joan rivers ,I’d think they’d want to protect baby No No from all that. But at least not so. Karl has got to sell his market and mama kim got to stay relevant even if it means throwing her baby into the macabre media feeding frenzy. Hope that baby’s got intelligence it’s gonna need that resilience to cope with Kim, kanye and the world.

• NIRA

August 14, 2014 at 9:14 am

I believe if it were J.Lo’s child or Beyonce’s you would probably feel different, right?? If Chanel didn’t use baby North, they’d still use another child for their ad campaign. I don’t see what the issue is here. All stores use kids to promote their products, so… If Chanel pays me money to use my daughter for their ad campaign, I’ll jump at the offer. It doesn’t make me a bad mother. We shouldn’t judge and criticise other ppl’s parenting skills, cos you never know what your own kids will grow up to be like, despite all your “proper” parenting.

• solo

August 14, 2014 at 10:17 am

Don’t get it twisted. You are free to have ur child USED and put on display for the viewing pleasure of God knows who. After all its the parents agenda dat matters the child doesn’t have a say. I find it distasteful and macabre but dats my opinion. It’s not the law.

• Kina

August 14, 2014 at 12:23 pm

I’ll still have the same opinion if it were lady Beys baby, except the talent part. To me there is no difference between putting a child on the street corner to make a couple of pennies for mummy or putting said child on a glossy mag cover for the same reason. It’s the principal that counts. It boils down more or less to exploitation. Anyway considering Kim’s role model this is hardly surprising. It’s my opinion Nira you and Kim and the rest of the world are entitled to yours.

• Jhennique

August 14, 2014 at 9:27 am

Kina izzit your baby???

6. anony 2

August 14, 2014 at 8:00 am

All level of cute… Amazing. Hair… Lovely child.. GoSssh!!

7. frenchnaira

August 14, 2014 at 8:05 am

Guess she wears chanel diappers too. Bye

8. HHH

August 14, 2014 at 8:12 am

Uber-cute!!!!

9. Koffie

August 14, 2014 at 8:18 am

Too cute. She looks so adorable…

10. Aderonke says #Bring BackOurGirls#

August 14, 2014 at 8:23 am

In as much as i agree that this little princess is so cute and adorable. I would v wished they keep her way from the public eye till she is able to make that decision. Early exposure to the public and fashion could be either ways-Positive or negative influence but they are parents and want to trust their decision.
    But I must really say again that this little princess is adorable!

• Uche

August 14, 2014 at 9:55 am

And who would you rather they use for kids ad campaign…. YOU?

11. Evensef

August 14, 2014 at 8:25 am

North is cute, but the cloth and accessories are very regular. a common man can get them in Akube. dazzol!

• fisa

August 14, 2014 at 12:48 pm

Akube master. I know that is where u shop. SMH

12. Audrey

August 14, 2014 at 8:38 am

She’s a cutie

13. L

August 14, 2014 at 9:14 am

My baby is more adorable and cute. But hey, i am not a celeb.

14. Valoeia

August 14, 2014 at 9:43 am

Lovely baby…..bad parents!

15. Mostest

August 14, 2014 at 9:58 am

@kina, parenting capacity of talentless media personalities. That’s a new one, so to be a good parent you must have talent? Do you know how retarded that sounds?

• Kina

August 14, 2014 at 12:07 pm

Really!!?That wasn’t particularly verbose. Were did u get lost. Charcoal pot calling sterling silver black. Don’t no about the word retard but cough,cough look in the mirror if u want to know what mentally challenged looks like. S’all am saying Mostest negative for IQ.

• Mostest

August 14, 2014 at 4:14 pm

@kina. What exactly are you trying to say? I simply quoted the first line of your comment. Sigh. Maybe you should stop trying to use big words that you don’t understand and learn how to spell where and I am (I’m). By the way, why are you coughing? Do you have Ebola?

• Kina

August 14, 2014 at 5:11 pm

LOOOOL Confused [email protected] negative for IQ. What big words. U are a tad delayed / previous stay on short simple sentences U’ll eventually catch up. Now ignore comprehension and underline the spelling mistakes.

16. R.E

August 14, 2014 at 10:13 am

She is too cute!!!

17. Robin Hood

August 14, 2014 at 10:13 am

@l…….. Monkey no fine, but him mama like am

18. Tosin

August 14, 2014 at 11:13 am

First time I’ve actually looked at this baby, after all the effort they’ve made to push the poor thing in my face. Beautiful child, Omo daddy!
    The idea that children have fashion at this tiny age is daft, but the parents would do anything to spread stupid (creative, moneymaking ideas) so hey. The daftest part of this daft shoot is suggesting that this child wants a quilted bag with a Chanel logo on it – the photo team probably were like, look, leave the stupid mummy alone, she has money, I need to keep my job.

Outside of this picture, the whole Chanelly thing kind of irritates me. Why do people want so much to be the same? If everybody and their mama is making knockoffs of a bag, how can it remain a luxury/aspirational item? I don’t know.

19. fokasibe

August 14, 2014 at 11:28 am

Poor child is all I’m thinking. Poor, poor child.

20. sum1special

August 14, 2014 at 12:00 pm

Nori is cute and looks so much like her dad,but why is Kim exposing this child to so much at this young age?

21. TexasHausaGirl

August 14, 2014 at 12:04 pm

Is not the same baby the “protected” from the public eyes during the taping of their show? Even when they went to Thailand, Kim always talks about her, but the viewers never saw her face. I guess since Chanel is paying, why not “exploit” or explore that opportunity. Depending on how you look at it.

22. Carliforniabawlar

August 14, 2014 at 12:07 pm

I keep telling my friends….This baby is going to be a world-class physicist (or something of sort) when she grows up!!! 🙄

23. Miss Kevwe

August 14, 2014 at 12:21 pm

Dunno y pple go to d gym for other pples weight issue. Nori is cute and I personally love d idea of her doing dis. If I were her mum, I’d jumped @ d idea too. Chanel wuld still have used a kid, North or not.

24. Jackie Onassis

August 14, 2014 at 1:13 pm

Why all these comments??? Whereas the cute nigerian girls who was accidently killed by her mum in London did not receive all these comments… We Nigerians….

• Carliforniabawlar

August 14, 2014 at 3:01 pm

Why on earth would you rather be drawn to misery??

• Onome

August 14, 2014 at 4:10 pm

I saw that sad story but passed it. My reading about it would not change the horrific outcome. I came here for some good celeb bashing gossip. Why exactly are you here. There is still space for comments on that story. Last time I checked there is no limit to the amount of comments you can contribute on a story. I suggest you switch channel and up the comments on that sad story.

25. Paloma

August 14, 2014 at 2:22 pm

@Jackie dats naijas for u smh

26. @edDREAMZ

August 14, 2014 at 2:42 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Interesting, beyonce will definately make sure that blue ivy makes the voque cover lets wait and see..
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

27. Anon

August 14, 2014 at 2:51 pm

I think she’s a regular looking baby.

28. Tee

August 14, 2014 at 3:09 pm

Who amongst you haters won’t jump at this offer?????

Now it’s a crime because it’s Kim. Guess what? The child is her’s! Go find yours!

29. vivi

August 14, 2014 at 5:03 pm

This is really sad. That child is very average by far but I see that Nigerians are like copy cats and appreciate what is not theres more then what belongs to them. Its really a shame .

30. AVID BLOG READER

August 14, 2014 at 5:15 pm

All ready working. The Kardashians never fail!

31. AVID BLOG READER

August 14, 2014 at 5:16 pm

*Already*

32. Cool cat

August 14, 2014 at 6:23 pm

This is just a picture of a cute child wearing Chanel. Does it make a difference that she is getting paid? How about other child stars or models? Protecting your child doesn’t mean you put a mask over their head and lock them up in a room. North is already on vogue, obviously Chanel is not a big deal. This cute face should be everywhere. Whatever happened to pears baby competition sef

33. Tosin

August 14, 2014 at 7:46 pm

I know English is not…but for those who care:
    belongs to her = hers
    belongs to them = theirs
    no apostrophes.

34. men

August 14, 2014 at 8:05 pm

Men Kim K is too smart. Chick new these pictures were coming out today. so she took north west out every day of this week. Paparazzi has hyped her baby up and so have we. Know we will pay to even buy the mag to see it. or go on Chanel website.

35. Benita

August 14, 2014 at 8:12 pm

Is there notting this Kim and her clan would’t sell.

36. Olu

August 14, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Na man. She supposed to be protecting that baby from all that paparazzi wahala. It’s not like dem hungry or that. Not cool. That witchy clan don put Kanye under their armpit.

• Benita

August 15, 2014 at 3:31 am

Loooool.

37. bisola

August 15, 2014 at 1:04 am

Lolol at some peoples comment!!!she’s too cute and all you haters plsss if you were given the oppourtnity ,you would jump at it.stop criticizing damnnn!!!

38. Chiamaka

August 15, 2014 at 4:33 am

Every parent believes their child to be glorious and every child is. This couple have just paraded this child about like an assesory , for their own selfish agenda. And yes children do model, like baby nappies and baby food, those children have the benefit of anonymity. So their identities are protected. This baby’s identity has not being protected becos it would not benefit mum and dad. How sad. Baby north is a commercial commodity. Some F upped priorities.

39. homeworthinteriors.blogspot.com

August 19, 2014 at 10:15 am

@Cool cat, u took it from me.
    Do u know how many Nigerian parents put their kids out there for “pears baby competition”, I am always amazed the way couples just walk up to you to ask for a vote for their kid. What is the difference with North West?
    I wouldn’t mind having my kid on Channel advert too, the only difference is that i am not a celebrity now. LOL