News

“She Slapped Me…” Man Explains Reason for Strangling Girlfriend to Death

BellaNaija.com

Kelechi Williams & Lover - August 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01
The Lagos State Police Command paraded 31-year-old Kelechi Williams yesterday Wednesday 6th August 2014 for strangling his girlfriend 39-year-old Njideka Lizzy Nzewe (a mother of 4) to death.

Kelechi was nabbed by police officers at the border between Ghana and Cote D’Ivoire.

The murder took place at late Njideka’s apartment after a physical altercation on Saturday 19th July 2014.

He narrated how she died to reporters. Read below;

“Lizzy was my girlfriend. I knew her three years ago. But we started getting serious in February this year.

I came back from Ghana to visit her on July 16, 2014 which was on a Wednesday. The next day we went out and came back late.

On Friday, she told me to stay back at home and rest because I was tired. She left the house, saying she was going to the new apartment she was to pack into, assuring me she would be back as usual by 6 p.m.

But she did not return by 6pm. Rather, the gate man came with a power generating set, saying madam had gone to drop the workers.

When it was 8 p.m. and I did not see her, I started calling her on phone but she did not pick. I called her up to 30 times without response.

She came back by midnight and when I asked why she did not pick my calls, she said the phone was in silent mode. I brought out my phone and called her line only for it to ring.

At that point I noticed she was drunk. I got angry and asked if that was the way she would pay me back for leaving everything in Ghana to come and spend time with her.

I threatened to quit the relationship. But at that point, her phone rang and I told her to pick it but she insisted that I should pick it and when I did, the caller, who was a male, asked ‘baby are you home?’

Immediately she discovered it was a male’s voice, she snatched the phone from me and asked why I should pick her calls. I reminded her of a similar incident when she came to visit me in Ghana and my phone rang. She picked it and on discovering it was a female, she smashed the phone on the ground, without knowing who the caller was.

I reminded her also that she collected my other phones from me and brought them to Nigeria. In anger, I took the phone and smashed it on the ground.

Before I knew it, she threw my things outside, saying I should leave her house. I told her to give me the N300,000 she borrowed from me to buy an air conditioner, if she wanted me to leave but she said she had no money with her and gave me her ATM card which she said had just N140,000.

At a point, she slapped me and we started fighting. She held on to my manhood and started stretching it. That was when I held the wrapper that was around her neck and used it to strangle her, thereby forcing her to let go my manhood. She fell down and became motionless.

Immediately, I took her three phones, ATM card and went outside to meet the gate man to see me off to any ATM machine, where I withdrew N100,000.

I dropped the gateman at home, and told him I was going to pump the tyre. At that point, I knew I was in trouble. I did not go back to her house for fear of being arrested.

I drove straight to Mile Two, from where I picked a driver who drove me down to Ghana. I spent some days in Ghana before I decided to leave for Cote d’Ivoire, where unfortunately I was arrested.

I never wanted to kill her. I have never fought in my life, let alone kill somebody. I did not also steal her jewellery and N8 million as claimed by the Police. The only money I withdrew was N100,000 and her phone.”

Umar Manko for the Lagos State Command said that he locked the house to make it appear that they had gone out together.

Kelechi Williams, after the incident, reportedly also took the stolen SUV to church to declare it was his, made an unspecified donation and threw a party to celebrate the new car.

1. Amaka

August 7, 2014 at 2:37 am

This guy can lie enh?! See Nollywood feem!

2. Honeymix

August 7, 2014 at 3:15 am

Nkan nbe.

3. H

August 7, 2014 at 3:56 am

Chai but this dude can lie ooo. He has never fought in his life ke? Ok ooo I believe yu….NOT!

4. bruno

August 7, 2014 at 4:39 am

But why? so those 4 kids are now motherless, RIP njideka (I like that name Njideka)

5. twenny

August 7, 2014 at 5:16 am

Bastard liar!!!!! Go rot in hell!!!!!!!!!!

6. Bvl

August 7, 2014 at 5:20 am

Hmmmmm O di kwa risky… Poor woman … RIP #Cougarthings

7. enkays

August 7, 2014 at 5:40 am

If he actually donated money and threw a party, he must be super dumb. His story doesn’t add up at all. Greed !!!!

8. bimbo

August 7, 2014 at 7:32 am

Single mum’s nd married woman dat go aftr younger men.dis is a lesson o,if dis woman had focused on her 4 kids instead of involving in all dis mess.myb she wuld Ve stil been alive 2 take care of her kids.RIP

• nene

August 7, 2014 at 5:38 pm

gbam! if you must date, choose a responsible, older man, not all these young boys looking for whom to devour.

9. del

August 7, 2014 at 7:35 am

Okay wen we were talking abt women not. Hitting men first.. Some people said other wise. u see what has happened to this woman no.

• anonyie

August 7, 2014 at 3:18 pm

so u even believe his shit story that she hit him first? the lady is not alive to tell her own story, so whatever the guy says is most likely to be untrue. Of course he wants to avoid a life sentence too. He hit her and killed her, simple!

10. John

August 7, 2014 at 7:39 am

Lool running to ebola

11. likas papaya

August 7, 2014 at 8:11 am

“She held on to my manhood and started stretching it”
    Sh*t like this only goes down when Nigerian couples fight. Eww

• nene

August 7, 2014 at 5:38 pm

lmfao

12. isima richards

August 7, 2014 at 8:46 am

nkan be!

13. tai

August 7, 2014 at 8:48 am

sick world.. sick people.. The bible is so correct…. We are in the end times. People doing crazy stuff

14. The evil that Men and Women do lives after………

15. Sonia

August 7, 2014 at 8:50 am

Woooooooooow mr. Kelechi wot a sweet & lovely story u got here, clap 4 urself. U beta go & serve ur warrant in jail, u allowed anger & jealousy 2 take over ur sence of human, now dat devil dat pushed u 2 strangled ha is laughing at u now. Anyway na only u go Waka go ur jail wishing u ALL d best.

16. Nully

August 7, 2014 at 8:57 am

you have four kids and still messing around. Haba madam

• benny

August 7, 2014 at 10:58 am

four kids means a woman should not have a relationship right? She has four kids so she should be sentenced to looking after them and ignoring her own needs because she is a woman? Really?

• Virtuous woman

August 7, 2014 at 12:36 pm

No, having 4 kids means she should have been more responsible and careful with the choices she made. Her lifestyle exposed her to this kind of incident. It’s not hard to conclude that this person she chose to date has some negative tendencies. Unfortunately she is not alive to tell her side of the story. The lesson is for us that are alive. Bottom line- make good choices.

• wuthering heights

August 9, 2014 at 4:21 pm

High five for dis Benny, right on! By d way u single? U seem to have a good head on our shoulders .:D

17. Uc

August 7, 2014 at 9:04 am

Wonders shall never end……..Just speechless

18. brenda

August 7, 2014 at 9:05 am

these are end times, surely a heart of man is desperately wicked!

19. 4tunechuks

August 7, 2014 at 9:23 am

this is really serious…..

20. TANTRA

August 7, 2014 at 9:27 am

After killing your girlfriend, you still had the mind to go to an ATM machine? How callous!

21. Uyai

August 7, 2014 at 9:31 am

She will learn in the grave

22. Fashionista

August 7, 2014 at 9:41 am

This is a terribly unfortunate situation, may her soul rest in peace. I somehow believe him when he says he didn’t “intend” to kill her; it was a scuffle gone horribly wrong. From reading his account of the events (which by the way is the only account we will hear, as the other party is now deceased), it suggests they were both wrong but he clearly underestimated his strength and now she is dead. I am certain that if we were able to hear her side of the story, it would be completely different. His motive and intent is however in question if in fact he truly stole her SUV. My heart goes out to her family.

23. pretti

August 7, 2014 at 9:46 am

it is well.

24. Jhennique

August 7, 2014 at 10:04 am

Who shall we believe now?

25. bee

August 7, 2014 at 10:10 am

sickening

26. sum1special

August 7, 2014 at 10:13 am

Telling lies because she isnt alive to defend herself… Murderer

27. Lindsey

August 7, 2014 at 10:45 am

Mother of 4 no shame no dignity. Smh

• Praiz

August 7, 2014 at 1:02 pm

Really??

• anonyie

August 7, 2014 at 3:22 pm

u are really being myopic. pls think outside the box. there is no evidence to his story, no videos to prove him right. he has a good motive to kill her…money. he also has a good motive to lie..he wants to avoid jail. why would you even believe this man’s story? what if he was the one that attacked and killed her?
      I think there should be an autopsy to confirm that there was even a fight. what if he killed her in her sleep?

28. Lindsey

August 7, 2014 at 10:46 am

Her ex husband will just be like “see why I left her and her wahala? “

• Bleed Blue

August 7, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Lindsey your comments are absolutely vile.

• Praiz

August 7, 2014 at 1:09 pm

Completely agree @bleed blue

• Praiz

August 7, 2014 at 1:08 pm

Some Nigerians and dark age mentality sha!! I just cannot deal…@lindsey, cannot even begin to educate you on all the reasons why your two comments are just plain wrong. Please drag yourself into the 21st century. Life is better on this side.

• Lindsey

August 9, 2014 at 1:42 am

The fact that this woman is dead does not excuse the fact that her wreckless life style cost her her life and rendered her children motherless. You guys keep saying she has needs well I guess her needs were more important than her being the other if her children. She was not out to find a stable relationship she was out to have a good time otherwise she had no business with this criminal . To think she brought a man with criminal past around her children is simply deplorable . Her notoriety with younger men unfortunately cost her her life. I don’t believe the guy’s story but I know if this woman more than you readers . Women like this bring Random men around their children exposing them to abuse and molestation all cos of their selfies needs . The moment you are divorced with kids , you are a mother first before anything else . Sorry if the truth hurts y’all

29. BubblyBliss

August 7, 2014 at 10:47 am

30 missed calls sha!

• anonyie

August 7, 2014 at 3:27 pm

really? u believe this man’s story, u will believe anything!!! why are nigerians so gullible to believe every trash? pls we need a good analysis of the situation and an autopsy. unless the call logs from her service provider is checked, the man may be lying for all we know. human beings are evil.. he murdered her in cold blood, simple. u cant expect him to be honest anyway. he just killed an unarmed woman, he wont suddenly be ‘honest about wat really happened. of course hes trying to avoid jail

30. Lala

August 7, 2014 at 12:07 pm

Erm, how does death penalty sound to you Douchebag. ?

31. Mark Zuckerberg

August 7, 2014 at 12:36 pm

i pity the lady’s soul

32. mulikat

August 7, 2014 at 6:32 pm

he kill her,take her ATM card after takeing the 4million they both witdraw that day he kill her plus her SUV car.why did he runaway and take the SUV to church in ghana to make thanksgiving on the woman car with big party.pls is a killer,kill the bastrad or jail him life.RIP,the woman have die b4 in her husband hand by pregant housgal,if not she will be with her husband and 4 kids,so the husband have blood in is hand also.

• mamamia

August 7, 2014 at 11:26 pm

Mulikat, is it the anger abi you just decided on blessing us today. It is well!!!

• sugarplums

August 22, 2014 at 8:09 am

Lollll

33. Abby

August 7, 2014 at 11:15 pm

Such a sad story. @Mulikat na wah for your grammar oh

34. Tonia

August 8, 2014 at 3:15 am

there are two sides to every story and i won’t be able to hear or read the other side cos the woman is dead, i’m not trying to say that he is a liar cos i know that there is one or more atom of truth in what he said, but i can also guarantee that there are also lies in what he said, cos if the woman was alive she would have said a different thing alltogether and their will also be lies and truth in her own story too, cos nobody wants to sound guilty