Scoop

A Story of the Child Bride…Stephanie Linus & Liz Benson headline “Dry” | Official Trailer

BellaNaija.com

Stephanie Linus - Dry - September 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01
When Stephanie Linus gave us the first look at her movie – Dry, the nation was buzzing about the #ChildNotBride campaign.

Now we get to see the official trailer of the flick also starring veteran actress Liz Benson-Ameye.

Official Synopsis
The movie follows a trail of Zaraโ€™s (played by Stephanie Linus) trip to Africa, her constant turmoil as a result of inexplicable horrors from her childhood, her experiences and heartaches while working with young girls suffering from complications from early child birth as child brides, against the backdrop of a rich African culture. It is full of intrigue, suspense, unbelievable surprises, the joy of reconciliation and the power of the human spirit that will captivate and engage movie enthusiasts.

Watch Trailer

1. o

September 6, 2014 at 1:03 am

Hopefully, people will start rethinking child marriage. Especially in West Africa

2. WhoHasKissedShadie?

September 6, 2014 at 1:17 am

nice one!

3. chichi

September 6, 2014 at 1:39 am

so impressed.

4. Libgirl

September 6, 2014 at 2:20 am

Goose bumps.

5. Ellie

September 6, 2014 at 2:35 am

i like the trailer. quite graphic seeing the torture these young girls go thru, hopefully it will inspire a change in the legislation on childmarriage. nice one stephanie

6. stranger

September 6, 2014 at 3:02 am

This happens mostly in the Northern part of most West African countries…Ghana, Nigeria etc…we all have to speak up against this. Girls are taken away to be married at very young ages and its appalling…what are our so called governments doing.

• mariaah

September 6, 2014 at 2:43 pm

Oh I know what they are doing. They are partaking in the madness too; taking young girls as brides!!

7. name

September 6, 2014 at 3:31 am

lovely production. good to see liz benson again

8. Carliforniabawlar

September 6, 2014 at 3:34 am

Been waiting on this one!!

9. Thatnaijagirl

September 6, 2014 at 3:46 am

wow!!!! a must watch.

10. vickky

September 6, 2014 at 4:40 am

wow…this trailer is so moving….i had chills…someone should pls nominate it in a foreign category at the Oscars,…..i am sure it will be up to par with the standards bc it looks really good..very informative and believable too…good job Steph…and great to hav Liz back…missed that woman…she embodies all of Nollywood put together.

11. vickky

September 6, 2014 at 4:40 am

hopefully it can also shed more light on the plight of this VVF and that of child brides and something more can be done for them and about it.

12. Asgrl

September 6, 2014 at 4:42 am

Finally! A trailer I can make heads and tails of. Very engaging!

13. Jewel

September 6, 2014 at 5:04 am

This movie is everything! Kudos Stephanie. #TotallyDifferentClass.

14. mogbo moya

September 6, 2014 at 5:23 am

Nice, very emotional

15. Nana okafor

September 6, 2014 at 7:14 am

Woah! I was glued to my phone watching the trailer as though it was the complete movie. Amazing! Can’t wait to see this.

16. Emem

September 6, 2014 at 7:54 am

wow! Stephanie *mouth wide open*

17. John

September 6, 2014 at 8:09 am

Well I like the fact the highlighted that it’s shameful on the girls part when she rejects it but there’s needs to be a chabfe

18. Tony

September 6, 2014 at 8:31 am

Other writers, directors and producers should emulate such. The movie sure is an excellent piece just from the trailer. Lets tell the right stories and change the world.

19. Daisy

September 6, 2014 at 8:41 am

The delivery of the message in this movie seems very powerful. I had tears in my eyes, I want to see this movie!

20. ice

September 6, 2014 at 8:55 am

liz benson the queen

21. Babs

September 6, 2014 at 10:06 am

Really engaging trailer. Original…..looks like they may have gotten it right this time

22. Oriaku

September 6, 2014 at 10:13 am

Please get a copy for Senator Yerima. sad!!!

23. itunu

September 6, 2014 at 10:57 am

This looks so good! Can’t wait to watch this. I’ve got goos bumps already! So original, quality looks amazing! thumbs up stephanie..you push the limits..really!

24. beautifulonyinye

September 6, 2014 at 11:20 am

I had goosebumps watching this.It’s really happening.When these children get pregnant and experience obstructed labour cos d pelvis isn’t mature enough,they develop VVF and are rejected by the same perverts who put em in that mess,his family and sometimes their own families.This is man’s inhumanity to man.Great job Stephanie.This movie deserves to win awards.

25. deb

September 6, 2014 at 11:38 am

This is a movie worthy of presidential screening. This issue is rampant in the north&it keeps me wondering how a sane man will marry a CHILD. Nice job Steph. I’m sure I will watch d movie over&over again.

26. From Cambridgeshire

September 6, 2014 at 11:48 am

Great initiative Stephanie Linus, the world has to hear these girls’ story and hopefully change will be implemented.

mormusicgroup.blogspot.co.uk

27. Kemi

September 6, 2014 at 12:26 pm

Will love to see this.

28. Cynthia

September 6, 2014 at 12:33 pm

Ok this is truly the first trailer that has made sense in a long while. This is how you differentiate those who went to film school and learnt their onions from those who didn’t.

29. FAR

September 6, 2014 at 12:54 pm

Well done stephanie. Looks good…

30. princess

September 6, 2014 at 1:06 pm

A breadth of fresh air…….a must watch.

31. Lusciouskels

September 6, 2014 at 3:28 pm

Wow!! Dats perfection all d way!! Plsss Take this movie to Asorock for preview abeg..thanks Liz for coming back and Steph for always making a difference!!

32. Onyinye

September 6, 2014 at 4:38 pm

‘I want to be a girl again’… That line got me in tears… I must see this movie soon!

33. Wale

September 6, 2014 at 4:42 pm

Look forward to this, hopefully we will get to see it here in the States.

34. Chenney

September 6, 2014 at 5:17 pm

A well impressioned trials of a girl child from an african perspective. Well done Steph

35. ada

September 6, 2014 at 6:25 pm

The trailer gave me chills… I mean we actually have to pay attention to these things… it has got to mean something to us…

36. Alisha

September 6, 2014 at 7:26 pm

WOW!!! Awesome

37. onye

September 6, 2014 at 7:42 pm

Stephanie Linus is just about the only person in nollywood that i respect. She has come a long way from when she first started, improving her diction and her acting skills. A major kudos is in the work she is doing with VVF cases in Nigeria. Her movies are in a totally different class from what is paraded in nollywood and yet, none of them have been acknowledged. It is unfortunate that it is only mediocrity that is being celebrated. Case in point Omotola Jalade ; Her voltrons will attack me I know, but till tomorrow I still cannot understand how and why she got the Time 100 award and why last flight to abuja is touted as the best film in nollywood. I just can’t get it. Don’t get me wrong. I am happy that she is successful and all. But i would most definitely be happiest when accolades are given to whom they are rightly due.

• benny

September 7, 2014 at 5:11 pm

SPOT ON!

38. muse

September 7, 2014 at 2:34 am

Well done Stephanie. well done!

39. muse

September 7, 2014 at 2:39 am

Onye I am with you on that, stephanie has transformed, dress sense, better exposed and all. The rest are highly and unduly overrated, for talent and even the rubbish style, out of style , I will pick Mercy J for her talent. Stephanie for me is more deserving overall because she took efforts in developing herself, that are very evident.

40. T''Osh

September 7, 2014 at 3:49 am

‘awwwww…. i had tears in my eyes hearing the girl say at the end that “she wants to be a girl again.”Having lived in the North before, I deeply understand that. Those girls grow up too fast, no childhood memories as most of them even as children are already bearing children for their husbands. What a life!

41. priscy

September 7, 2014 at 10:00 am

Gos…the trailer alone gave me goose bumps. Welcome Steph. Plz nollywood should make quality and meaningful movies like this

42. nene

September 7, 2014 at 10:22 am

stephanie okereke is well connected, and i love the fact that she’s the one making films like this (she’s quite smart) because she has used her connections in govt very well. i will be watching this film because of the impeccable story, acting, and cinematography. liz benson has amazing diction. it’s good to see rekiya attach, paul sambo and klint da drunk.

• Trina

September 8, 2014 at 10:57 am

HEUUUWWW!!!! Everybody join me in songs of praise!

Nene spewed positive words?!!! It’s a Glory be to God somtin oh!

43. mide

September 7, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Thank you very much onye . U just spoke my mind.

44. Ifeoma Imoh

September 7, 2014 at 3:43 pm

For the first time in Nollywood, we are seeing a movie that has a sensible message to pass across. To say that I am impressed is to say the least. At lot of young girls in Northern Nigeria have their childhood taken away from them. Just like female genital mutilation, this is a culture that should be abolished.

45. fume

September 7, 2014 at 4:20 pm

The title is perfect “DRY” that’s what most, if not all these girls are when those stupid old men climb on top of them. Glad to see Liz Benson back and happy that finally art (movie) in this country is finally also being used to pass a message across. Kudos Stephanie

46. x-factor

September 7, 2014 at 4:54 pm

Wow!

47. Mama mia!

September 7, 2014 at 4:55 pm

wow… well done steph! really proud of what you have become. A voice to the voiceless! Atleast, we still have someone who is trynna be more like an Angelina Jolie than a Beyonce…

48. Tosin

September 7, 2014 at 7:27 pm

I haven’t watched the trailer yet (slow internet) but the girl is beautiful sha o.

49. jennietobbie

September 7, 2014 at 8:24 pm

Steph!! Thank you AND I can’t wait to see it. ๐Ÿ™‚

50. keechi

September 8, 2014 at 12:25 am

This looks like it’s going to be a great movie! The trailer alone… My girl Stephanie!

51. MyDamnComment

September 8, 2014 at 12:37 am

Liz Benson!!it has been ages! I love the trailer, very engaging. I hope the movie lives up to expectation.

52. Emma

September 8, 2014 at 8:13 am

Chilling trailer. Will definitely watch this.. i cried & my heart ache for all child-bride.

53. bellemoizelle

September 8, 2014 at 9:00 am

Geez this is most anticipated movie for me right ,and its very realistic moved to tears !Well done Stephanie I have always loved you! Waiting to go watch @d cinema

54. Bella

September 8, 2014 at 10:35 am

I am happy that the plight of these “mostly” northern girls is slowly coming to light, we cannot let this die, we have to constantly talk and air on it, because this is not right on any level at all! no kids should ever witness what a grown woman should, that is not how God intended it, a girl needs to grow and be ready for marriage. It breaks my heart what we do to our children – and the cycle just goes on and on and on. To Stephanie, you are a light in a very dark place right now, keep shining and lets hope more actors will air our dirty linen for the public to see, because this child bride business is too dark and dirty and it needs to be aired out to every public outlet there is !

55. Trina

September 8, 2014 at 10:58 am

Well done Stephanie. Excellent albeit heartbreaking story to tell. I cannot wait to see this and Lord knows I truly pray it touches the hearts of those who still believe it’s okay to marry off a child.

56. sum1special

September 8, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Impressed much..way to go Stephanie

57. NNENNE

September 8, 2014 at 8:09 pm

Way to go Stephanie. Awareness is the key.