Relationships

Ibinabo Fiberesima Getting Married in December, Reveals She Met Fiance in University

Ibinabo Fiberesima - August 2014 - BN Style - BellaNaija.com 01

Nollywood actress and former beauty queen Ibinabo Fibresima is the first ever female president of the Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN) and a fab mother of 5. She met with City People’s Vivian Onuorah to talk about her fiance, how both their children played a role in the proposal, what she does to maintain her looks and more.

***

City People: What’s is the secret of your glow?
Ibianbo: Wow. I know am blossoming but that is what happens when you are in love. I have found my soulmate, my friend, my brother and that’s why am glowing.

How did you feel when you discovered you have fallen in love?
Well it’s not that I suddenly found that love, the love has been there and we have been best of friends since our school days at University of Ibadan and when we met again years after, we remained best of friends. His kids and mine have always been wondering how the both of us can be this close, almost like brother and sister. I think the kids planned it, they were like why don’t you two just get married and we started thinking and after, a while, we felt this is God telling us its time and that’s it.

Ibinabo Fiberesima - December 2013 - BellaNaija 02

Ibinabo & her 5 Kids

So what was your reaction when he asked you to marry him?
I knew it was God’s willing because I just said yes without thinking about it. Everything was just perfect, perfect time also.

How did he propose to you?
(Laughs) He is an Igbo man oh. I think the kids planned it more than we did, that’s how it is because the day he asked me, my kids were calling, his kids were calling and the kids are all abroad while we were in Nigeria. So everybody was eager to know my reply. Kids were like Daddy have you asked her, mine were also calling to say mummy hope you said yes (laughs). It was a beautiful moment and everybody was happy.

What do you admire about him?
He looks after a woman very well, he adores me and he is a family oriented person. He loves his family, he loves us totally and he is very committed to his work. He encourages me a lot in what I do and we pray a lot.We have the fear of God which is paramount in our relationship. I think we are heading the right direction and of course with my kind of lifestyle and the kind of work I do, every man will withdraw but no, he is always there, giving me the strength, support and ideas to better what am doing. So I really do admire him.

What are your marriage plans and have you done any one secretly yet?
No, the press just heard we got engaged but we are getting married in December, the actual date hasn’t been fixed yet but it’s specifically in December. Everything is in progress by the Grace of God.

What about his physical attributes, how handsome is he?
Oh My God, trust me and my taste. He is just a very fantastic guy and he looks good.

Would you say that’s why you fell in love with him?
Yes and apart from the fact that we were best of friends before marriage came, he is still who he is.

At over 40, you still look like a teenager. How do you stay this fit, young and pretty?
It’s amazing I don’t know but I love to look good though and dress well and not because it’s too expensive. If it’s expensive I won’t wear it because you know I pay children’s school fees (laughs) but if it looks very good on me, I won’t really mind .But I love to look decent and smart all the time. And about my looks, I don’t really know because I don’t exercise nor do anything to keep fit. I don’t even go to gym. I think I got this stature from my grandmother because they are quite petite.

Interview Source: City People

1. olajumoke

September 22, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Just admit you need another man to meet your growing needs…marriage is not everything abeg….

• Someone

September 22, 2014 at 2:52 pm

Jealousy , jalopie, go and die

• Suwa

September 22, 2014 at 3:19 pm

Thats her opinion! why do you think its jealousy??? These days once someone says something some people do not like, they call d person jealous or a hater! Truth is very bitter. Not referring to the article though… this is general

2. Fatimah

September 22, 2014 at 2:17 pm

“I went to University with Ibinabo” peeps, where una dey? Come and reveal the bestie oo.

Sounds like fun family.

• Tunde

September 22, 2014 at 3:06 pm

His name is Uche Benn Egbuka and lives in Atlanta GA

• nwakego

September 23, 2014 at 7:21 am

Tunde why are you going from blog to blog announcing the guy’s name?! What have you achieved so far? A grown man acting like an irate teenager. They will announce his name when they deem fit. So it doesn’t matter if you go around social media saying names, you still are a charlatan and no one will thank you for it.

• lisa

October 3, 2014 at 2:57 pm

Dude e don do! Which kain amebo work you dey here dey do? I bet neither of them knows you……. Nonentity !

3. Changing Faces

September 22, 2014 at 2:21 pm

She’s beautiful…

4. claire

September 22, 2014 at 2:22 pm

lool at olajumoke…well atleast she bagged herself a young man! Sum youngins havent yet and are half her age!…Congrats…

5. Grown Woman

September 22, 2014 at 2:26 pm

This woman is gorg as in 5 kids with that body….congrats to them.Love is indeed a beautiful thing

6. sum1special

September 22, 2014 at 3:00 pm

I am happy for her. Everyone deserves to be in love and be happy.

7. chichi

September 22, 2014 at 3:09 pm

Wowwww cngrts presido…ur kids are dawn too pretty..u re blessed with d most wonderful body ever. May U find hapinx in ur new marriage.

8. Tunde

September 22, 2014 at 3:10 pm

So happy for you IB, wish you and Benn Egbuka a wonderful life together. You both deserve it 🙂

9. AVID BLOG READER

September 22, 2014 at 3:42 pm

So happy when single parents meet and get married. We have really grown as a culture. My dad used to say even if he had 10 kids, he could never marry a woman with 1. I am so happy for her.

10. leigh

September 22, 2014 at 3:48 pm

5 kids??? jeez woman, close your legs mannn.

11. lala

September 22, 2014 at 3:53 pm

I like her story until she said she sees him as a brother as well. Eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww. of all things to contrast ur relationship with !!!

12. Nkechi

September 22, 2014 at 4:10 pm

I’m just curious why someone your marrying in 3 months should be such a secret. Love is supposed to be celebrated, why hiding his identity ? just my own opinion. congrats sha

• i no send

September 22, 2014 at 4:37 pm

@ nkechi …another wife somewhere perhaps????

• Nkechi

September 22, 2014 at 4:42 pm

It sure seems like it and if not something about the whole thing is fishy.

13. FYNEST

September 22, 2014 at 4:23 pm

5 kids from 5 men phew! Ibinabo daris God o , na only you waka come? so you must pop a baby for every man you’ve been with? this Igbo man i hope you fit carry o, heh!!!

14. Carliforniabawler

September 22, 2014 at 4:29 pm

Oh the many joys of staying skinny!!

15. nancy

September 22, 2014 at 4:29 pm

i wish to love and to be loved like you .congrate

16. nene

September 22, 2014 at 4:31 pm

hmmn. since they’ve known each other for a long time, i’m sure they understand themselves. shikena!

17. dotty

September 22, 2014 at 4:56 pm

olajumokee! olajumokeee!! olajumokeeeeeeee!!!! go and hug transformer jor! shuooooooo!!! why the beef naaa? God abeg ooooo…she send you message? abi na she do you d thing wey dey worry you? mtchewwwwww……ara!!

18. dotty

September 22, 2014 at 4:57 pm

enjoy jare my dear ibi! na God give you, rock am die!!!! some never c who ask dem out ooo talk of marry!!! but c people mama wan marry…..lol…na jesu!!!

19. @edDREAMZ

September 22, 2014 at 4:59 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Well, i wish her all the best but…..
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

20. muse

September 22, 2014 at 5:21 pm

congrats IB you deserve it. very encouraging this story. It is not just about marriage. lets pray for olajumoke and other bitter souls that desperately need love.

21. papermoon

September 22, 2014 at 6:54 pm

to all de single ladies who think there is an expiry date, think again. there is some one for every one and they will show up in de LORD’S time. and there is no deadline. i hope dis is one of those. congrats

• Mabel

September 23, 2014 at 2:54 am

Exactly! Folks think life is just for the young. Life is for the living, and from you are alive you should make the most and strive for the best life possible.

22. Angel

September 22, 2014 at 8:08 pm

Where are all the ladies always chanting men are scarce, there’re no husbands, no mr right bla bla bla. Make una dey there oo, this woman is now on her fifth husband that’s if am right….And some ladies have not been able to pull even one, y’all need to ask Ibinabo what and how she does it. Btw men ain’t scarce nowhere, it’s all down to attitude, packaging and mindset.

23. Mabel

September 23, 2014 at 2:52 am

Why does she insist on wearing these ugly azz tired wigs. She does not have a face for wigs, or at least these tired one. I cannot understand how someone can be naturally pretty and then ugly up themself by putting something on them that is not needed. Bizarre!

Beautiful children.

24. candylips

September 23, 2014 at 9:26 am

people must always speak evil. yes she had 5 children for 5 men if that’s the case that’s her past and the man has chosen not to judge her and be happy with her. must people find fault or point out at the bad side of others? why don’t you just be positive and remain happy for her …..ISH

25. Tunde J

September 23, 2014 at 2:16 pm

@ Nnwakego I wont stoop to your level to trade insults but will just calmly reply you. I went to school with IB and have been wondering who this mystery guy is that went to UI with us. She disclosed more in this interview that will make anyone that went to UI figure it out. If my mentioning his name offends you then I wonder why. This is supposed to be a joyous thing. Enjoy your day.

• Nwakego

September 23, 2014 at 4:10 pm

Do you deny writing his name in more than one blog? I am closer than you think and will ask you to your face whenever we meet!

26. Tunde J

September 23, 2014 at 5:00 pm

Will be waiting….

27. Ofonime

September 23, 2014 at 5:29 pm

it seems you two know each other, respect yourselves and take this fight elsewhere. shikena