Scoop

NdaniTV Releases Episode 9 & 10 of Gidi Up Season 2 | Watch

BellaNaija.com

Gidi Up SHAMELESSGosh! We’re beginning to think that if NdaniTV was a girl she’d be described as a tease! I mean how do you explain what they’re doing to Gidi Up fans?

If you’re new to this party, you can catch up here {First 5 episodes of Season 2} and {Episode 6, 7 & 8 }

Well, today the Ndani guys have released two more episodes for our viewing pleasure *sigh* At BN HQ we’re torn between watching both episodes before posting or just posting now so you guys don’t have to wait a moment longer!

We’re nice and we love y’all so we’ll post NOW! Let’s enjoy the show together. Cool?

Watch:
Episode 9 – Shameless
On this episode of Gidi up, Yvonne and Meka continue fooling around behind Sharon’s back and Sharon calls on an old acquaintance for help; Tokunbo tries to make things right with Eki and Eki finds comfort in the company of an old friend.

Episode 10 – Olympus Has Fallen

Gidi Up - olympus has fallen
On this episode of Gidi up, Tokunbo and his company come to a rude awakening as his choices begin to catch up with him, things between Meka and Yvonne continue to heat up; Obi stumbles upon a conspiracy and Eki finds new happiness in her career.

1. Osogagba

September 15, 2014 at 2:19 pm

YAY!!!!! Been waiting with bated breath these past weeks.

2. Ndubuisi

September 15, 2014 at 2:32 pm

I wish many Nigerians will know about this show. Gidi Up. is by far the best scripted show in Nigeria.

• miss R.N

September 15, 2014 at 9:05 pm

That is, well researched scripts

• Ade

September 17, 2014 at 9:31 am

I concur!

3. Miss T

September 15, 2014 at 2:38 pm

yaaay finally!!! ndani tv you need to stop this rough play o! you’ll be making a sister refresh your YouTube page

4. Ms. Sane

September 15, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Whew! Ope o. I remember binge-watching the whole of season 1 & 2 – eppy 1 to 8 on a Friday night. And who can forget that hot scene in eppy 4 (I think), where Toks and Ify kissed. I was ohhhhhh-ing and swearing at Toks at the same time. Toks is certainly the kinda of guy you love and hate at the same time.

• Ms. Sane

September 15, 2014 at 3:23 pm

* deletes “of” *

• Mz Socially Awkward...

September 16, 2014 at 10:24 pm

Please what did they do with Ify’s character today? Abi did they just grab Yvonne Ekwerre in between her own gigs and plonk her in to quickly record that scene? Because I didn’t “gerrit” and no offence to her but she seemed like an almost random inclusion in Ep 10. That was one of the few scenes I thought was out of sync in terms of the acting.

5. Busola

September 15, 2014 at 3:06 pm

hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! been waiting, checked earlier today……… Go Ndani!!!

6. mj

September 15, 2014 at 3:53 pm

meka y do u slp around dis is goin to b a web dis is grt loving dis..

7. Busola

September 15, 2014 at 4:08 pm

This Folarin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! come on!!!!!!!!!!! badass guy

• Bmhfyf

September 16, 2014 at 5:11 am

AS IN

8. asgrl

September 15, 2014 at 7:25 pm

All these dark skin girls with Green eyes/Blue eyes… I just can’t.

Anyways can we have a more consistent upload schedule. Still my favorite scripted show apart next to Sugah.

9. ba

September 15, 2014 at 10:55 pm

i’m just sad that folarin is depicted as the typical guy that would run for office in Nigeria. so wicked. Badass too

10. ba

September 15, 2014 at 11:10 pm

Eki’s (Titi’s) spoken word – PREACH!

11. enny

September 15, 2014 at 11:31 pm

Ghen Ghen ,,,, karma just hit Tokunbo BIG Time
    what is yvonne doing oooo ??? …
    Go Eki go Eki go !

• name

September 16, 2014 at 4:50 am

as in i cant even look at her! #BETRAYALOFLIFE
      oc really looked like a toy boy in the last scene i laughed ehn!
      Folarin is wicked oh! lol but his cockiness makes me laugh. He act’ reminds me of chuck bass
      can’t tokunbo and his staff work from home in the mean time?
      i like how eki acts, her tears and sadness roles look so real

• blalababla

September 16, 2014 at 8:36 am

He hasn’t paid them so I guess no one will show up. Plus deadline is going to pass in a few days I think.

12. adelegirl

September 16, 2014 at 3:38 pm

Gosh! There is nothing I don’t love about Gidi Up especially S2. The cast changes from S1 were so spot on. Too many beautiful people. The casting is fantastic. Kudos to the Casting Director. And the music too is wonderful!

So, looks like this Yvonne is a sucker for punishment?! What on earth is she doing with Meka? Dem swear for her ni? First you sleep with a married old man, then go into business with his daughter, then start sleeping with your former married lover’s daughter cum business partner’s fiance? Like are you mad ni? I feel like giving her dirty wake up slap from my screen. Wake up! Does your business not matter to you? Wasn’t it because of the vision you had for your business that you decided to go into partnership with your ex’s daughter? An ill-advised move in the first place. Argh! I just can’t deal with such blatant foolishness mehn! Then looks like I am the only one that feels slightly sorry for Tokunbo. I think Eki should forgive him. He has apologised and seems really repentant. But she should date what-his-face that Ikechukwu plays first; make it really hard on him. For the sake of cutie Yemi (Tokunbo’s business partner) I hope the TechServe doesn’t go bust. That Folarin is just a demon but a good-looking well put together demon. I can’t forget or forgive what he tried to do to Yvonne in S1. I hope he meets his waterloo soon and gets done in, Can’t stand him. O.C Ukeje as Obi is such a perfect fit. He plays that role to perfection. One of the most lovable characters in the show.

Ah, so as I quickly binge-watched Episodes 9 & 10, I am now waiting with bated breath for the other Episodes and I certainly hope they have finished or at least almost finished shooting S3 otherwise I don’t know what I’ll do with myself. Sometimes I wish I hadn’t started watching this Gidi Up. So bloody addictive! Ugh! πŸ˜€

• Osogagba

September 16, 2014 at 4:53 pm

Great summary. Your post is just as engaging and suspenseful as the visual soap itself.

13. Mz Socially Awkward...

September 16, 2014 at 10:17 pm

The scripts and directing are getting a serious deal better than they’ve ever been. Fantastic job well done with episodes 9&10.

Deyemi Okanlawon (Tokunbo) achieved some of the best acting of both Seasons right here in these two episodes. I was well impressed.

Folarin’s character seems to shed the smarminess (which I used to find quite annoying) and finally started morphing into a hot male specimen. Imagining me just realising those cheekbones & finely arched brows have been available on my screen all of this while!

I think the girl who plays Sharon’s character’s a good actress but maybe the spoilt-little-rich-girl personae gets overdone a tad. Then again, maybe that’s exactly how Lagos rich kids truly are in reality…

Obi’s also shed some of his earlier smarminess. OC looked so much more settled and natural in the role of a bad boy, that I can now buy into the idea of him being able to land all those hot babes (it was a mystery to me when Season 2 began).

Eki! Who wrote the lines of poetry she was reciting in Ep 10? I very badly need to have a copy, love, LOVED what little I heard. Her acting was also really good (that scene in her room with Tokunbo! Very fraught with emotions!).

Ikechukwu needs more scenes, I’m liking his acting too. However, the person in charge of the wardrobe on set… what was that pink bow tie & waistcoat situation? Please, never again. It kept distracting me in a bad way.

Finally and despite my best efforts to like them together, I instead found myself rolling my eyes repeatedly during Meka and Yvonne’s scenes. I’m not buying their love story at all. It’s a bit cringe, with some awkward dialogue and I need it not to be because she’s starting to seem like a stereotypical “runs babe” by taking yet another woman’s man (who’s also quite wealthy… Surprise, surprise). If this story arch is meant to be about love and not money, it’s not selling itself well but we shall wait and see.

So, Gidi Up, you sha made me type this lengthy review, ehn kwa? Issorait. Hurry and release the last episodes.

Atoke

September 16, 2014 at 10:18 pm

Titi Sonuga…she wrote it. She’s a poet and I LOVE herrrrrrrrrr I’ll send you a link to some of her work shortly. πŸ˜€

• Mz Socially Awkward...

September 16, 2014 at 10:48 pm

She quite simply rocks. I’m now a fan.

• Koffie

September 16, 2014 at 11:00 pm

I recently started loving poems too. You guys should check out ‘Your father walks like a crab’ on Amazon if you love poetry.

• N

September 17, 2014 at 5:10 am

Here Titi’s Ted talk on the same/similar thing….
      youtube.com/watch?v=mbmO_iZi3bQ

• Belinda

September 20, 2014 at 3:29 pm

I just had to agree with your comment abt Meka and Vonne…they really do irritate me when I see them. Their love story is really not working. Mcheww.!!!!I hope it ends up in a mess, I am all up for team Sharon.

14. Gee

September 16, 2014 at 10:20 pm

Just finished watching both episodes. I was actually searching Ndani’s page and youtube page for episode 11 not realizing it was just 9 & 10 were released…LOL.
    Great show, script, acting. I concur with what someone said here, Eki is SUCH a great actress! Has she been in any movies?! Just seeing her for the first time on Gidi Up. She needs to be in more stuff. Kudos to her. I’m glad she did not go hugging on what his face when he was crying. I was like..Don’t fall for it, Don’t!
    Ok, I’ll stop now. Great show πŸ™‚

15. princess

September 17, 2014 at 12:38 am

Awesome show!!! Love it!!!!

16. Tincan

September 17, 2014 at 8:49 am

Wow! Love this series…. Just watch all of S2 and I say more please. Love Eki, Folarin and Obi’s character the most. Folarin has IT. Sharon is brill too. Next stop Titi Sonuga…

17. B

September 19, 2014 at 5:35 pm

Amazing show, hot cast, fab music. You just can’t fault Gidi up. Best nails series in a while. Also I absolutely love the way it depicts naija….the scenery is amazeballs!!!

I sold this show somehow to my husband who is would normally not be interested in such. He was even asking for more lol

• B

September 19, 2014 at 5:36 pm

*who would not

18. Cynthia

September 25, 2014 at 11:33 am

Please who wrote the poem that Eki recites in the gallery scene where she’s showing her pics from Kogi? I was in awe of the words. Pleaseeeeeeeee helppppp

19. missjones

July 25, 2015 at 7:23 pm

See eh! I can’t stand this anymore. Where is season 3 of gidi up? U ppl should tell Ndani TV that I can craze sometimes o. By the time I begin a bring back our gidi up movement, they’ll know that I’m a Southern gal with militants and all.