Style

My Style: Clarice Boateng

My Style Clarice Boateng - BellaNaija - July2014049

It’s time for another fabulous edition of My Style – our monthly BN Style feature that aims to celebrate the unique style of our amazing BN readers.

The My Style page is all about showing how diverse and universal style can be. Style is individual, unique and fun and is a personal representation of how each person expresses their take on fashion; so BN Style watchers let’s appreciate her unique style. 🙂 Enjoy!

***

The ever-so-stylish BellaNaija reader from Ghana Clarice Boateng has a style that makes us want to go shopping and the fact that she might as well be Nigerian actress Mercy Johnson‘s doppelgänger is a major plus.

Born in Accra, Ghana, and raised in Atlanta, GA, the stylish lady in her early 20s is currently studying Occupational Therapy but sees fashion as her side kick. She started her passion is fashion with a fashion blog about a year and a half ago and really got serious with it last Summer with her blog – I Am Damsel.

Her style gets re-posted almost everyday on social media platform Instagram, and we can see why. Stay with us as Clarice takes us into details on her style and shares her favourite style picks, role models and more.

My Style Is…
classy with a bit of edge. Every now and then I go rugged and try to throw some ‘young love sexiness’ into it. I’m not much of a trend follower but I do make an effort to keep up because I enjoy experimenting with fashion, seeing what works and what does not, and figuring out why it doesn’t work. I love vintage and old clothing because I like re-modify things to make them as modern as I can.

My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija055

Where Style Meets Personality
For me, my style is expressed through my daily moods as well as inspiration. I’m a quiet and laid back person so my style creates the avenue for me to be bold and free spirited.

I love fashion in the sense of how it can define you as a person, regardless of the price tag or the shop you may go to. From the colours you choose, to the pieces you put together, to accessories and how they all combine to give you an overall style that you are confident and comfortable in. There are so many little things I think we should take into consideration when working on our wardrobe. I am my worst critic, and over the years I studied my body type (I have short legs, broad shoulders, small bust, not so visible wide hips), the colors that look good on my complexion as well as colors that I actually like. I also looked into the seams and cuts on clothes that best compliment my physical structure.

Where I Shop Till I Drop
Thrift stores are my to-go places for my clothing. Then comes Zara, Asos, H&M and Forever21. However, I spend a bit when it comes to shoes I must confess. I am a “bad bad bad, need a rehab” kind of shoe-a-holoic. I get pairs any where as long as they have caught my eye and look good on my feet; and of course if I can afford them. From Louboutins, Giuseppes, Brian Atwood, Jimmy Choo, Valentino, Casadei, LAMB, Steve Madden, Aldo and the list goes on, I have and want them. It’s a bad habit, I know I have to work on it, but Rome wasn’t built in a day.

My Tresses & Makeup Look
I’ve always had a regular long weave like everybody else, but a few months ago I switched it up to a bop that I loved and now I’m rocking my natural hair which I’m surprised I love.

My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija336 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija291

How I Accessorize
I have very few jewelry and I rarely get any until I come across a piece that is just amazing. Like I said I’m more of a shoe freak, that’s followed by sunglasses and bags.

My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija102 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija106 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija080My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija059My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija077

On A Regular Day
My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija037 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija043My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija046 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija042 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija018 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija032 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija060 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija082 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija076

Bag Life

My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija040 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija070 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija071 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija058 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija087 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija048 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija300 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija301

I Own the Night

My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija014

Shoes & Feet

My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija274 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija056 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija083 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija079 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija075 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija093 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija217 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija095

I Think Every Girl Should Have
A little black dress, a statement necklace and a pair of pumps, you can never go wrong with black.

My Advice for Other Stylistas
Find the style that best suits you, that way you can be comfortable yet confident.

My Soft Side

My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija138 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija092 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija084 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija103

I Have a Thing for Coats & Skirts!

My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija013 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija020 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija022 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija028 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija038 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija029 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija024 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija026 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija039 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija066 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija073 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija089 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija097 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija085 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija099

If I Could Steal a Celebrity’s Wardrobe
Victoria Beckham, no doubt about that. Isn’t it amazing how she can wear a t-shirt with jeans and accessorize with huge shades and pumps, and we will all drool over the look?

Which Nigerian Celebrity Stole My Look
I’m not really sure about that, but I adore Geneveive Nnaji. She’s always been an inspiration to me.

Dark & Edgy

My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija049My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija096 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija057 My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija036My Style Clarice Boateng - 2014 - BellaNaija016

My Style Philosophy
Fashion is not the price tag of your wardrobe but how you put the pieces in your wardrobe together to look defined yet unique.

Thank you to Clarice for sharing her amazing style with us. To find out more on Clarice, you can follow her on Instagram: @I_Am_A_Damsel | Find her on Facebook: I Am A Damsel by Clarice B | Follow her on Twitter: @IamADamsel | Visit her Blog: website- www.iamadamsel.com

_____________________________________________________________________________
If you are interested in appearing in the My Style feature, simply send two pictures of yourself or that of a friend depicting a typical day and night look with a short summary of your style to style(at)bellanaija(dot)com. When your entry is approved, you will be required to send in more pictures and personal commentaries on your style or that of your friend as the case may be!

1. guess

October 14, 2014 at 11:26 am

Emmmm thanks but NO!

2. Cece

October 14, 2014 at 11:33 am

I love how comfortable she looks in her clothes.

3. maame k

October 14, 2014 at 11:44 am

all i see is her shoes and skirts…gal u rock

4. DatEnuguChic

October 14, 2014 at 11:45 am

Edgy …………….I have one observation – most people who are featured here live abroad or at least have the means to travel abroad; Hence when you ask them their favourite stores you keep getting Asos, H&M and the like. I would love you to feature someone who lives in Lokoja for instance or my own Enugu and they tell us where they shop in these cities and maybe their “tailor’s” address as most Nigerians use them. My 2 cents!

• jummai

October 14, 2014 at 12:18 pm

LMAO

• Mercy

October 14, 2014 at 3:01 pm

Oh Lawd !!!I love uuu already hahaha

• Addy

October 14, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Am strongly in agreement with you girl… Bella its high time you feature our own people who arent oversees pls and let them tell us where they shop…. my little opinion.

• love

October 14, 2014 at 5:15 pm

was having a bad day and just read ur comment. now cant stop laughing. thank you

• Adiaha

November 16, 2014 at 9:57 pm

Trueoooooooo.

5. Modella

October 14, 2014 at 11:51 am

Boom,she is working it..How is her legs short as she said??? I just hate the first pic anyway.

6. naana

October 14, 2014 at 11:52 am

love me dem shoes !!!!!!!!

7. sum1special

October 14, 2014 at 11:55 am

she looks okay,more like regular

8. Miss Anonymous

October 14, 2014 at 12:01 pm

Her style seems avantgarde at times, at other times it seems forced. Will sit on the fence with this one, but I like her shoe game.

9. mercii

October 14, 2014 at 12:19 pm

shes surely a risk taker…

10. oghogho

October 14, 2014 at 12:21 pm

She will never win any style awards on planet earth. Perhaps on jupiter.

11. Abena Ghana

October 14, 2014 at 12:23 pm

People who buy Loubies should not still be living in an apartment

(sipping on my lipton tea, with pinky finger out saying “but thats none of my business”)

• ms lala

October 14, 2014 at 4:53 pm

really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!…how you sure it aint a condo lol…damn girl or boy u harsh …hope that lipton tea burns your sharp tongue. and people shud not be lifting their pinky finger if they sipping lipton tea in GHANA…..okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

• onetallgirl

March 29, 2015 at 8:58 pm

Preach Abena Ghana!! One pair is like a down payment on a car! Instead of spending thousands on Loubies, put that money towards a down payment on a house!

12. Changing Faces

October 14, 2014 at 12:44 pm

I like her look… And she really looks like Mercy Johnson. I love her natural hair and her shoe game is tight. Nne you try well, e no easy 7/10

13. Ria

October 14, 2014 at 12:52 pm

So she wears shoes that are Louboutins, Giuseppes, Brian Atwood, Jimmy Choo. But she shops for clothing at the thrift store? If u don’t know, thrift store sells used clothes. Oyinbo hand-me-downs. As in bend down select. Huh? I agree with Abena Ghana o jare. And she lives in an apartment? All the money of those shoes will make down payment for a house.

• Bliss

October 14, 2014 at 4:40 pm

And that’s none of ur business.

14. Iya

October 14, 2014 at 12:54 pm

Hi Mercy Johnson!

15. Que

October 14, 2014 at 12:55 pm

If that afro is all hers, then I pray she never ever ever ever goes near another weave again…..she looks waaaaay better out of that weave or wig or wareva it is… we have similar shoe taste, so I like those..minus d flat boots and a few others.

16. Fre

October 14, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Everyone’s a fashionista these days.
    We that didn’t acquire (aka inborn, lol) are left like okay?? 😛 (j/k)
    Cute still

17. P.O.P.E

October 14, 2014 at 1:32 pm

Pipo in Enugu n Lokoja should send the “style” now if dem be gat o.

18. bunmi

October 14, 2014 at 1:40 pm

She is hot and daring, and her style looks great on her!

19. Bella

October 14, 2014 at 1:51 pm

Love her natural locks, love her stillettos only esp Casadei, the hideous stripper pumps are a big NO NO for me and the CL’s etc, are way too expensive and risky for someone still living in an apartment and rummaging through thrift stores!! That said the fashion trend above is normal, nothing edgy about it at all.. Thank you.

20. SHERRY

October 14, 2014 at 2:05 pm

wow! she’s got a great fashion taste, nice shoes, perfect feet and toes.

21. leigh

October 14, 2014 at 2:12 pm

love her shoe collection …. on point

22. Fey

October 14, 2014 at 2:27 pm

I love her shoe game

23. oluwatosin

October 14, 2014 at 2:31 pm

are there are any bloggers out there that give dressing inspiration for students. because I cant imagine moving from one lecture theatre to another in high heels. and I cant also imagine following a time consuming beauty regime when I have an early morning lecture to attend. I also noticed that these bloggers don’t post pictures when they have exams or piled up school work. it goes to show that every day prim and proper look is almost impossible even for them too. so pls someone should refer me to blogs that gives inspiration for everyday casual dressing. thanks

• largerthanlife.com.ng

October 14, 2014 at 3:44 pm

largerthanlife.com.ng/2014/10/what-i-have-been-wearing.html
      kindly check out my post for your average office gal lol…..
      love her toned legs

24. Brenda

October 14, 2014 at 2:31 pm

i don’t know if u have noticed her striking remarkableness to Mercy Johnson also,
    I love her style but its too similar to another ladies style featured before.

• Addy

October 14, 2014 at 5:01 pm

YES I WAS SAYING THING TO MY SELF ALL THE WHILE I WAS GOING TRU HER PIX

• JustaGirl

October 15, 2014 at 12:21 pm

Same here!.Just the though I h ad in my head while glancing through her pics

25. Kris

October 14, 2014 at 2:47 pm

Like her style…quirky and fun!

26. Mercy

October 14, 2014 at 3:08 pm

Yeah she really looks like Mercy Johnson…..prettier n classier tho!

27. AlphaBetaDeltaTheta

October 14, 2014 at 3:54 pm

Bleacher-spotters please help me out here, this gorgeous black beauty has black knuckles, does it mean that she bleaches or has bleached in the past? I was once trying to explain to a bleaching nazi that some people have natural black knuckles and knees and I was called names, this happened in this same BN ooo.

Now for the topic at hand…..lovely style but not my cup of tea.

28. zoomzoomzoom

October 14, 2014 at 3:58 pm

All of you screaming ‘she lives in an apartment’, if as a young lady, she’s still single, it really wouldn’t make sense of her to buy a house and be expecting a ‘toaster’. If she’s married, living in an apartment&buying CL, that’s definitely foolish.
    I love her style, I might not wear some of the stuffs she’s displaying, but she owns her look.
    A minus though, is the sharp claws on her. The fingernails are just too long!
    I’ll give her 8/10.

• ms lala

October 14, 2014 at 5:03 pm

Thank you soooooo much ..someone said the money she is using to buy shoes can be a down payment for a house…sweety 8 thousand dollars down payment for a house is likely to be in the hood. she is buying expensive shoes but stays in an apartment..did she beg you money to help her buy shoes. using Nigerian mentality and lifestyle to judge those that live abroad is DEFINITELY FOOLISH. all of them screaming buy house how are you sure it is not a condo she bought. like zoomzooomzoom said , na only she go live inside house alone? Guess what not everyone wants to be a home owner. for a girl like her she should enjoy her money and when she gets ready marry buy a home or a condo…DONT SIT BEHIND YOUR OFFICE COMPUTER IN SURULERE AND TELL SOMEONE ABROAD HOW TO LIVE THEIR LIFE. especially when you know you drive a toyota but live in an apartment…or you wear indian hair and you live in an apartment..dont forget using iphone 6 but you in an apartment with probably 4 other women. PONMO CALLING SHAAKI USELESS.

• Ria

October 14, 2014 at 5:42 pm

Thank you. I live in Tulsa, Oklahoma.. So I know what I’m saying. I have been away from Naija for eight years. SO I am not using naija mentality to judge anyone. By the time you have 10 pairs of $8000 shoes, that will make down payment for a decent house. So when she gets married is the time she needs to start investing and stop buying shoes? Thats the surest way to bankruptcy my dear.

• praiz

October 14, 2014 at 6:03 pm

lol..ms lala! You are hilarious! I agree 100% . Nigerians do not understand that an apartment may be more expensive than a house depending on the type of apartment and where it is located. Go and check out luxury apartments in Knightsbridge or Manhattan! A one bedroom apartment in knightsbridge will set you back 2 million pounds minimum while a 3 bed house in north London may cost you 300k pounds. And you will get a big mansion with acres of land if you live in Scotland sef!
      Go try and buy an apartment in Greenwich village in New York and compare that to buying a house in Detroit, then come back and talk to us.
      I mean even celebrities that are married with kids live in penthouses, luxury apartments, etc.
      Ignrance is really a disease! Learn about things that happen outside of your little timezone before you come to comment on this kind of forum!

• Ria

October 14, 2014 at 5:37 pm

SO it’s OK for a young single woman to spend money on designer shoes instead of investing in a house? A man that is intimidated by a single girl who owns a house is a small man. Please listen more to Chimamanda Adichie. #girlpower

• MC

October 16, 2014 at 12:01 pm

yes, it’s ok for her to spend her money which ever way she wants.
      However, I totally disagree with the comment about her living in an apartment so not to scare off potential toasters….WTF!

• Mz Socially Awkward...

October 14, 2014 at 8:55 pm

Are you being tongue in cheek or actually serious regarding your caution against “single gals” buying real property before Mr. Toaster shows up?

• zoomzoomzoom

October 15, 2014 at 12:12 am

MSA, I actually mean what i typed up there. This Lady that’s being featured didn’t bring any other facet of her life up…the only thing I could derive from this article is her fashion sense, her style. She didn’t discuss how much stocks and bonds she has, she didn’t discuss how much she makes, spends or saves. She posing in front of apartment complexes doesn’t translate to her living in apartment.
      Now, to the matter you raised up there, about buying real property, she can decide to buy property(she might actually have some real estate tucked away somewhere), except she decides to flaunt it like some of our Nigerian celebrities, we may never know what she has or doesn’t have. She can even decide to take snapshots in front of nice looking mansions and none of us will know if she is the owner or not.
      Young single ladies can buy franchises, stocks and bonds, invest in real estates. But they don’t have to show it off. The lady i see here in this article is just having fun.
      And NO! I’m not Clarice….I’m not related to her either.

• justchilling

October 14, 2014 at 9:02 pm

You never too young or single to start investing for the future.

• YesAbenaIsBackAgain

October 14, 2014 at 11:10 pm

Excuse me i live in Atlanta too and in atlanta even a mere $3000 as a down payment can get you a descent 3bed/2.5 bath townhouse in ANY county (except buckhead) – so i dont know what you talking about = I live in ATlanta just like she does

Girls of now adays. Lost priorities Brazilian WEaves, fashion upon fashion, Designers Shoes and All that bullshyt (at least in my books) – and still cant ____________ (fill the blanks). Posing on social media 24/ 7 to get self gratification from stragners liking your photos . Ah mobo, Yes I am 27 yrs old Happily married living happily in my husbands house, whilst the townhouse i bought before i got married is now rented off for profit, and no i dont indulge in $700 shoes. Can i afford it – most definitely, but I am not STUPID. Some day when my house is paid off i will – i will rather safe on real estate or for my kids to attend private school . I dont want to be like Carrie from Sex in the City, Living in a shoe filled manolo blahnik apartment yet cant afford a house. I dont respect anyONE who buys $500-1000 shoes yet does not have a property – if you are a millionaire then thats okay – but not when you live in an apartment in Austell or College park someplace evident from the photos) . You can call me all the names you want. That is my stand.

I will recommend some Suze Orman Financial freedom books – but hey am very sure you will rather tune in to Tuesday nights on VH1 (Mona Scott zombies)

Let me go on sipping my lipton tea – since its none of my business – after all to each his own abi. 🙂

• Tee

October 15, 2014 at 1:22 pm

Gawd! The ignorance that this era festers. So what if she has investments in stocks and other things? Aren’t you being rather insular with your opinion of house investment = Smartest way to invest? Hian!

• MC

October 16, 2014 at 12:09 pm

You do realise that everybody is different, right?
      What may be of interest to you, may not be of interest to me.
      What is of high priority to you, may be of low priority to me.
      Because you don’t want to spend your money on shoes, doesn’t mean nobody else can!!!
      And I highly doubt anybody is looking for your respect.

also… living in your husbands house. It’s a shame you can’t call it both of yours.

• pemmy

October 20, 2014 at 10:48 pm

Aunty!…Congratulations on your achievements, but wetin concern you?..Biko!……just because you do not agree with how the young lady spends her money, that shouldn’t give you the right to bash her for it… Mind you, I do support your views on investments, but I have no right to slate her for the choices she makes in terms of spending; Neither should you.

• single lady that owns a house

October 15, 2014 at 2:39 am

Huhhh!!!! pause o aunty. so as a single lady i cannot own a house and still find husband? Please which era do u live in? so if i have money for a house i should not buy it cos i’m not yet married? and what is wrong with her saving the money for shoe for a house or an investment portfolio even though she is single. please stop this foolish talk in 2014.

29. BEAUTIFULNBLESSED

October 14, 2014 at 4:34 pm

I AGREE W YOU ‘DATENUGUBABE’. IT SHOULD’NT BE ONLY OUR GIRLS LIVING ABROAD. MAKE ROOM FOR YOUNG LADIES BACK HOME TO SHOW WHO THEY ARE/THEIR STYLE IN NAIJ’. IT IS A BOOST OF CONFIDENCE/MOTIVATION. LET THEM BE INSPIRED……….LET US KILL LOW SELF – ESTEEM IN OUR YOUNG GIRLS. IT IS A KILLER. I HOPE I MADE SENSE. GOD BLESS!

• Fountain of Paper

October 15, 2014 at 12:41 am

I’m sure that ladies who are not ‘living abroad’ can send entries.

30. Ada

October 14, 2014 at 4:49 pm

Nice

31. Addy

October 14, 2014 at 5:02 pm

SHE HAS A GOOD DRESSING SENSE AND SHE SOOOOO LOOK LIKE MERCY JOHNSON.

32. Cee

October 14, 2014 at 5:56 pm

I don’t understand anymore. Do you want us all to relocate to Houston, Atlanta, Canada etc before we can relate to My Style? It is becoming same with your wedding post. Not everytime louboutins ati gucci etc. Look into the “cheap” side sometimes. I live in Nigeria, you have readers here too. I can’t be wearing these ridiculous heels and leather coats nah. Some of us take molue buses. After Mary Ichoku’s post, I don’t think I have ever seen any Nigerian environment “kinda” feature. Please fix this. Not fair.

33. ms lala ( the new VOLTRON)

October 14, 2014 at 6:34 pm

@ Ria maybe 8 thousand can be downpayment in Tulsa but not in some states….IT IS HER MONEY BIKO NU..kai it must be hurting to see her wear heels you daydream of owning of day..you been in the states for 8 years hope u have your kpali. because if u dont i can understand how 1000 dollars pair of heels will look like Cinderella shoe. it is your type we pray against in my church . EAP!!!!! enemy of advanced progress. we are here to dissect her clothing and style not how she spends her hard earned moolah and i say hard earned because no work no pay. if u are hungry to own louboutin go to ebay they sell used shoes for half the price. like my pal Praiz talk they are rich people who pay rent and pay 40 thousand a month. shey u will kill those ones. Trey songz rented a house for six months and paid almost half a million. Go and google it. people choose how they want to spend their cash. if buying expensive shoes make CLARICE happy so bloody be it. am sure you are somewhere in tulsa squatting with friends and biting your fingers how a young girl is living la vida loca and ur living la vida broka. newsflash alot of the celebrites u hail and kiss ass live in rented homes on the island i hope u know that or are messing with someone’s husband who is paying rent or bought them the house. which is better.

• dantinz

October 15, 2014 at 8:59 pm

You talk too much, initially you were making sense, but you lost it along d line

34. peace

October 14, 2014 at 8:23 pm

@ms lala. get a life pls. What is it with the attack and insults, you have gotten the attention ure looking for madam new VOLTRON. Your mouth is so sharp, I fear for your future husband..that is if you are able to get one.

35. Tosin

October 14, 2014 at 9:07 pm

Y’all should feature me one day.
    I’m in bed wearing these rather large, striped bikini briefs lol. I also love lounging in old T-shirts, “shimis”.
    For when I have to step out 🙁 I could wear those print dresses they’ve chosen to call dashiki (because they think dashiki is a print) all my life…My style! Yeah!

• makeupbyebi

October 15, 2014 at 1:27 pm

lol Tosin u so naughty! pls email your style … lol

36. Coils & glory

October 14, 2014 at 9:18 pm

I’d like to know where these fashion bloggers get their fundings from, particularly those who are students. Some of her styles are nice, but some are inappropriate.
    I agree that BN needs to source for fashion bloggers in Nigeria. I only know of a few but can’t remember their names now.
    coilsandglory.com

37. Carphy

October 14, 2014 at 9:29 pm

WHAT IS THIS????

38. british/naija

October 14, 2014 at 10:02 pm

All of you saying CL’s and stuff…..I hope you all realise that ali express.com sells amazing replicas that it is for the keen eye to notice the difference. They don’t call it CL’s……they call it red soles and yes, I have the nude pigalle120mm that I bought for only £45. I showed it to my friend who has the original and she was mad at herself. The only thing is, you get just the box and the red bag. That seller on ali express has over 100 positive feedback from customers mostly based in the UK and USA, so don’t drink panadol for another person’s headache arguing about her shoes……..and oh, by the way, if you want her midi skirts, sheinside.com is your friend!!…ali express also sells them all…just type in full midi skirts. Be sure to read the reviews before purchase. Too many sellers on there……

• pemmy

October 20, 2014 at 9:35 pm

I just checked out @ aliexpress.com….Its a pretty cool website; Thanks for sharing.

• Chima Jisos

February 28, 2015 at 11:14 am

Please what is the sellers name? I’d like to buy directly from him/her seeing as buying on Ali express is a risky venture. Thank you.

39. Mabel

October 14, 2014 at 10:38 pm

She has amazing style. I did not like every single look, but I would love to raid her closet. Gorgeous girl too.

40. Fountain of Paper

October 15, 2014 at 12:43 am

Ermmm… @zoomzoomzoom did you say stocks and bonds? Isn’t this a MY STYLE COLUMN?????

I’m confused. You miss road? If you’re looking for stocks and bonds go and find Money Talk with Nimi or Smart Money with Arese. Or better still The Economist. Why are you in the Style section of BellaNaija?

• zoomzoomzoom

October 15, 2014 at 5:44 am

Fountain of paper, thanks Dear. This is my 3rd comment on this article, check out my first 2 comments and know where I’m coming from. I started talks about stocks and bonds when people won’t let the poor girl rest, crucifying her about the Christian Louboutin shoes.
      Peace☺

41. Miss Mo

October 15, 2014 at 3:13 am

Nigerians and bad belle. Why not learn to appreciate good things or just keep it moving otherwise.

She’s def got style with an edge.

Love her “Style Philosophy” at the end. Real talk 🙂

42. fyre

October 15, 2014 at 3:14 am

She cannot dress for shit……but her taste in shoes is epic!!!!!

43. Tos

October 15, 2014 at 12:11 pm

@british/naija……aliexpress saving life since 1800 😀

44. JustaGirl

October 15, 2014 at 12:22 pm

I just love her shoes

45. Lora Jay

October 15, 2014 at 7:52 pm

My first time commenting. The lady dresses either exquisitely or harmfully…an extremist if you ask me..but she does have taste am not sure about style. As for una wey dey dey argue abt house rent…I greet una o.

46. Jackie

October 15, 2014 at 11:11 pm

In love with the black, red and black CL!!

47. baboushka

October 18, 2014 at 4:19 pm

So you all came to the conclusion that she lives in an apartment just because she posted photos of her outside an apartment block right? Can someone please point me to the part where she said she lives in a rented apartment please.

48. Rose Okwy

November 11, 2014 at 5:47 pm

I do see a lot of stuff from ASOS.COM.

This article is strictly about style not stocks and bonds or whether she lives in an apartment or house, neither is it about her wanting to be toasted or baked by a man, haba! my people o gini? . A house comes with a lot of responsibilities which a lot of people are not ready for, Bia, must she own a house to be deemed intelligent? Besides this article is not about any other thing but her style, We as a people should stop digging, it is really unbecoming of very intelligent citizens of a great great great might I add again great nation.

49. funbaby

December 15, 2014 at 10:45 am

Dear Bella,
    I like that you respond to people’s questions and criticism. Well done.

50. brownsucre

March 28, 2016 at 4:58 pm

LMAO!!!!! Women and wahala sha!!!