Events

The Big 30! Julius Agwu, Gideon Okeke, Adunni Ade & More at Toke Makinwa’s Fun Birthday Party | First Photos

Toke-Makinwa-Birthday-Party-November-2014-BellaNaija014Turning 30 is always treated as a big deal and media personality Toke Makinwa went all out yesterday night as she had her birthday party, hosted by Belvedere, and also an after-party for her birthday party – talk about turning it up.

Julius Agwu, Gideon Okeke, Jumai Shaba, Adunni Ade, Ik Ogbonna, Omalicha, Ono Bella, Femi Da Silva, Fade Ogunro, Gbemi Olateru-Olagbei and more were at the event.

Take a look at the first photos of all the fun!

The Decor

Toke-Makinwa-Birthday-Party-November-2014-BellaNaija002 Toke-Makinwa-Birthday-Party-November-2014-BellaNaija003 Toke-Makinwa-Birthday-Party-November-2014-BellaNaija004 Toke-Makinwa-Birthday-Party-November-2014-BellaNaija005

The CakeToke-Makinwa-Birthday-Party-November-2014-BellaNaija006

The Birthday Girl

XOP17024 XOP17066 XOP17087 XOP17062

The Fab GuestsToke-Makinwa-Birthday-Party-November-2014-BellaNaija007 Toke-Makinwa-Birthday-Party-November-2014-BellaNaija008 Toke-Makinwa-Birthday-Party-November-2014-BellaNaija018 Toke-Makinwa-Birthday-Party-November-2014-BellaNaija016 Toke-Makinwa-Birthday-Party-November-2014-BellaNaija012 Toke-Makinwa-Birthday-Party-November-2014-BellaNaija026 Toke-Makinwa-Birthday-Party-November-2014-BellaNaija027 Toke-Makinwa-Birthday-Party-November-2014-BellaNaija015 Toke-Makinwa-Birthday-Party-November-2014-BellaNaija020 Toke-Makinwa-Birthday-Party-November-2014-BellaNaija024 Toke-Makinwa-Birthday-Party-November-2014-BellaNaija001 Toke-Makinwa-Birthday-Party-November-2014-BellaNaija025 Toke-Makinwa-Birthday-Party-November-2014-BellaNaija009 Toke-Makinwa-Birthday-Party-November-2014-BellaNaija023 Toke-Makinwa-Birthday-Party-November-2014-BellaNaija021 Toke-Makinwa-Birthday-Party-November-2014-BellaNaija010 Toke-Makinwa-Birthday-Party-November-2014-BellaNaija011 Toke-Makinwa-Birthday-Party-November-2014-BellaNaija013 Toke-Makinwa-Birthday-Party-November-2014-BellaNaija017 Toke-Makinwa-Birthday-Party-November-2014-BellaNaija019 Toke-Makinwa-Birthday-Party-November-2014-BellaNaija022

Photo Credit: Jeffry Olalekan Photography
Additional Photo Credit: Emmanuel Oyeleke

1. Daisy

November 9, 2014 at 8:23 am

She is goofy. This is the first time im seeing Toke at an event, looking sincerely happy.

2. ATL's finest

November 9, 2014 at 8:35 am

Happy bday! Finally, she’s at her own party and not in anyone else..

• mamaisabel

November 9, 2014 at 7:57 pm

Lmfaooooooooo.

• becks

November 10, 2014 at 10:31 am

NO be small my sister

3. shoutout

November 9, 2014 at 8:41 am

Hmmm.she deserves to b celebrated… hardwork ppays.
    shoutoutmarketing.wordpress.com

4. Busarni

November 9, 2014 at 8:45 am

Hbd girl, once you are 30 ain’t no going back. We are only 30 but once.

5. Marie Antoinette

November 9, 2014 at 8:46 am

Nice! Congrats Toke! Lol! Photo shoot in AY’s newly designed home. Hahahaha! I can’t get over those ‘designers’ throw pillows.

6. temisan

November 9, 2014 at 9:01 am

Toke makinwa and her stories…..I got to watch two of her previous interview and they r still on you tube…….every day a different pokie pies.

My name is Toke Makinwa and I turned 29 last month. I am from Idanre, Ondo State and I come from a very large family. I studied English Literature at the University of Lagos. I am just a girl next door, unpredictable, a lover of life and I am very passionate about God.

Being an On Air Personality

Growing up, my voice was not nice. I thought I sounded husky and I remember breaking up with a guy who said I sounded like a man. I was 18 going on 19 and waiting to get into the university when a friend informed me that Cool FM had opened. I went in for auditions and I was being paid N25,000 per month in 1999. I did not tell anyone at home. One day, my mother heard my voice on radio and she stopped me. I was not even allowed to go back to put in my resignation letter! After I graduated, I was stuck. Do I go for youth service? Get a job or relocate to England

• Leah

November 9, 2014 at 9:03 pm

I know right?! It always amazes me how comfortable she is at telling bold faced lies publicly. But It seems to be working out well for her with her family, friends and the people she associates with, and that’s all that matters I guess.

7. SunanaAmina

November 9, 2014 at 9:06 am

She don get belle ni

8. blueeyes

November 9, 2014 at 9:06 am

Ah ah! Are tesw the only people who showed up? IK Ogbonna? What happened to all her other socialite friends? Even her fellow party marauder Uti didn’t show up? I’m puzzled

• amina

November 10, 2014 at 5:12 am

IDIOT APROKO SO UR JOBLESSNESS DIDN’T LEAD YOU TO FIND OUT THAT HE IS I’M AMERICA? OF CORSE HE WOULD HAVE BEEN THERE LOOKING SMASHING. I MISS SEEING HIM. PLS COME BACK UTI NAIJA MISSES YOU. LET HATERS LIKE THIS OLODO PURGE IN THEIR OKRIKA PANT

• Plush

November 10, 2014 at 7:50 am

Pure vile.

9. Anon

November 9, 2014 at 10:22 am

Nice idea.

10. Sylvonce

November 9, 2014 at 10:56 am

Awwww..love the concept. Happy big 30 Toke!!!!

11. Funmi

November 9, 2014 at 11:00 am

Happy Brithday my Pretty Sister. You shall celebrate more years in good health, Amen. I did not see Maje , kilode?

12. yemisi

November 9, 2014 at 11:23 am

@30, she has done well for herself. Congrats

13. Temibalo

November 9, 2014 at 12:19 pm

Ermmm!!!! Just there..how come ur hubby isnt here ?

November 9, 2014 at 2:38 pm

Must he be everywhere

• Sue

November 9, 2014 at 4:52 pm

Toke the 1st man here should be ur hubby, shows a big disconnect, u better chill at being all self absorbed and build ur marriage, that’s what breaks celeb marriages, refusing to face reality and living in fantasy land

• british/naija/ghana

November 9, 2014 at 5:35 pm

……and why does the first man have to be her hubby? You guys maaan!!..It’s always her hubby this, hubby that!What if he was busy doing other stuff?How do you know what’s working for their marriage and what’s not? I am indifferent to this lovely lady but the one thing I admire about her is how far she has come despite all the spite and nay sayers. Why can’t you just congratulate her on turning a new milestone? How can a picture show how self absorbed someone is? Unless of course you know her personally for which I must apologise. However, if you don’t, and you’re making assumptions based on what you read on the internet, then it’s such a pity.
      Look how much positive energy this girl has and how people celebrate her. She has come from nothing to so much and no, I’m not a friend of Toke. I only found out about her from this site but I get so peeved when people just sit behind their laptops and write whatever they want.
      tetrinasdiary.blogspot.co.uk okay Madam Sue and don’t go and assume there too…..

• girl

November 9, 2014 at 5:40 pm

Just cause its sunday I will desist from cursing you.
      LAAAWWWWWDDDD let toke mackinaw be for once, did you stop to think he was running around so much to make sure his wife had a perfect day he forgot to pose for a picture? or he just didn’t feel like it maybe? let’s even say he wasn’t there so WHEEET?? you’re not the one in the marriage mind your business olofofo…
      It honestly irritates me when people want to judge a situation off pictures.
      EWU gambia…

• Idomagirl

November 10, 2014 at 8:38 am

Please keep quiet and have several seats. How do you know she isn’t ‘building’ her marriage? And is a woman the only one responsible for the marriage? Please just shush.

• Latifa

November 10, 2014 at 1:17 pm

I am amazed at your level of thinking Sue

14. eby

November 9, 2014 at 12:20 pm

she’s lukin gud…..is see a bun in the oven …wink….wink

• kemi

November 9, 2014 at 4:09 pm

lol you are very observant! Toke is so pregnant.. Congrats dear

15. betty

November 9, 2014 at 12:21 pm

Had to her. Looks like a fun party

16. Zayt

November 9, 2014 at 1:17 pm

@ eby, me too 😀

17. Busarni

November 9, 2014 at 2:31 pm

Hbd tokstarr, once you are 30 ain’t no going back. We are only 30 once. Bella eat my comment and feel nice

18. Bbbbb

November 9, 2014 at 3:37 pm

Ttyy

19. mujer

November 9, 2014 at 3:57 pm

Toke, your party looked like a lot of fun. Wish I was invited. he he he

20. pipi

November 9, 2014 at 4:04 pm

So toke still went ahead with the 30 lie! Damn! She had better go and retrive complete fashion volume 5 no 35 2014.

21. nene

November 9, 2014 at 4:35 pm

aisha shaba looks totally different..i see ur new skin hun. julius agwu looks like a houseboy with his poses..lmao.

22. Nma

November 9, 2014 at 4:42 pm

Happy belated Tokstar! U looked so gorg!

23. Tomisin

November 9, 2014 at 4:52 pm

I’m convinced she’s pregnant cos she looks “fuller”….and slightly darker too cos she clearly cant use her usual skincare products which will more than likely be harmful to her baby. I dunno sha but Im hardly ever wrong about these things.

• LILO

November 9, 2014 at 8:52 pm

I can wait to see her darken sha from not using cream for 9 months…wait knowing Toke, she will still rub cream jor.

• benny

November 10, 2014 at 10:31 am

You can’t wait to see her darken? See how invested u are in someone’s misfortune. If this is not witchcraft, I don’t know what is.

• SITA

November 9, 2014 at 9:54 pm

I agree.

24. Amebo

November 9, 2014 at 5:12 pm

Is Toke 30? I must be 20 then. I fail to see any ring on her finger, my eyesight must be failing me. On to the next matter…

25. bruno

November 9, 2014 at 5:39 pm

Lol! Toke, you could have done well to use the money spent on this for a proper white wedding to remember. Actually went to check the complete fashion mag and yes, TOKE, you are not 30! You are 34, if interviews granted are anything to go by.
    I admire your tenacity but the truth is if you quit lying, people won’t love you less. Congrats on the baby and you could have used your house for the photo shoot. Judging from Maje’d bday party, it’s not a bad place to shoot in. As usual, your discontent reared it’s head again. Be content with what you have girl. Happy 34th. I celebrate you Toke

• LOL

November 9, 2014 at 6:17 pm

Bruno, you are becoming sensible, have you found true love?!!!

• Gigooo

November 9, 2014 at 6:35 pm

@Bruno, lol. That cake was a gift too. The girl is so cheap and like awwoof die. Typical lagos girl masking her elebi status with bleaching creams and weaves.

• Olori Tari

November 9, 2014 at 6:42 pm

Or maybe she lied in that interview for whatever PR reason and this is her real age ? Lol you people really go about looking for these things for “prove”. I wish Bella Naija didn’t take all my damn time already!

• dare to be beautiful

November 9, 2014 at 10:26 pm

@olori. ..lie ke. She said it in two different interview in those days. She lies just too much HIA

• Cecelia

November 9, 2014 at 7:54 pm

You are so full of s***t you make me want to puke. Urghhh. What baby?

• mamaisabel

November 9, 2014 at 7:59 pm

Lmfao it’s true oh! Social media and lagos wedding’s princess couldn’t afford a high brow wedding so they did fake premeditated surprise wedding.
      Toke is 40 jo! 30 ko 20 ni. Old babe

• Frankie

November 9, 2014 at 10:43 pm

Honest question: How do u know she’s 40?

• Idomagirl

November 10, 2014 at 8:41 am

Is it by force to have a ‘high brow’ wedding?

• N

November 10, 2014 at 12:10 am

Well, it can be the anniversary of her 30th birthday. Nothing wrong with celebrating whatever age you want to. Per her wedding, it’s her life, it’s her money, she can choose which one she wants to throw a party for…

• CocoI

November 10, 2014 at 3:57 am

bruno I usually don’t agree with you, but you really nailed on the “discontent” with the photo shoot thing. This woman is always trying to be every one and every thing but who she really is. There nothing about herself she is not trying to change.

26. jide

November 9, 2014 at 6:31 pm

Looks boring, dry and cheap like a signature Toke party, . I guess they didn’t ‘infite’ her to Olu of Warri and Okunza wedding in Benin cos that’s where the real deals were this past weekend o. You can crash a part uninvited but you obviously can’t crash a private jet charter flight ride. Pele toke. And those those saying must Maje be everywhere, heck yes it’s his wife 34th, oops 30th birthday so where else should he be?

• mamaisabel

November 9, 2014 at 8:00 pm

Lmfaoooooo amcrayeeeen todayyy. I’m sure if toke makinwa got an invite to the olu of warri’s wedding she would have postponed her own birthday to attend it.

• LILO

November 9, 2014 at 8:50 pm

Sad that not only was she not invited, Osas abi elohor didn’t even included her as their +1. Lmao

27. amebo

November 9, 2014 at 6:48 pm

She looks old for a 30 yr old oh! She is a least between 35-40. I might be wrong, makeup can make women look older. Anyway some ppl age fast! I guess 30 is the new 21 lmao.

28. nonconformist

November 9, 2014 at 6:56 pm

Ahh! Eyin aye etun ti de…monitoring spirits of destiny….now you see a bun in the oven already…If only you paid ds much attention to your lives…I Troway salute.

29. Mostest

November 9, 2014 at 7:51 pm

What is wrong with congratulating a married woman on being pregnant? The way some people take offense, it’s like they don’t want a baby at all. She does look pregnant, she does look older than 30 but people age differently. It’d have been nice to see at least 1 picture of her husband, and no, he wasn’t running around cos she had a planner. That’s how Juliet ibrahim started celebrating without her ex before s**t hit the fan.

30. mamaisabel

November 9, 2014 at 8:01 pm

Toke makinwa boooooo you can never ever look classy or pull off a classy event. Boooo! You are not an Ajebutter!

• bola

November 9, 2014 at 8:33 pm

it is very obvious u are either an old friend who is very jealous or you are just born with so much hate , mehn u need to purge urself of ur hate ,seriously grow up!!!!!! if you paid this much attention to your life as much as you have paid to hers you would be very successful , so what if she could not afford a high wedding? must she spend more than she has ? after all is said and done if she spends more than she can and goes broke you would be the first to criticize …. get a life please …………..and to her looking classy i would not be shocked if i see you and you turn out to be really terrible at sight ……..and before u spew more of your gibberish am not her and i do not know her ……..my pic says it all .get a life pls madam

• hope

November 9, 2014 at 9:26 pm

what is it that toke did to you say the truth? haba the happiness you get from slandering someone.. toke would forever be toke -imperfections and all but YOU my dear would just be a hating idiot forever, people like you never have anything going for them…TUFIA(spits in my very igbo way) you are way too invested in this girl’s life jumping from comment to comment to celebrate slander.
      aturu mmeeee!! don’t go and face isabel be here facing toke.

31. Mzlyrics

November 9, 2014 at 8:15 pm

Nothing Toke does would ever be good for peeps! Haven’t y’all noticed that no matter how much you call her out, she ain’t paying you no attention. Change tactics people. Leave her alone! Toke ain’t going no where! Just leave her alone! Haba! Some people clicked on this post hellbent on saying something rude regardless of what they see in the pictures! Kilode? Whether she is 34/30 or 45! She is a sha a year older! Can’t we all manage to be nice even on her birthday post? God forbid something happens to her now, we would all be back here saying eyahhh, she was a beautiful soul! O ga o! #rantover!

32. SITA

November 9, 2014 at 9:58 pm

toke is preggerrssss

33. Angel

November 9, 2014 at 10:30 pm

I choose to ignore all the hateful comments on here, there’s just no point addressing fools. Congratulations Toke on your birthday, I wish u many more years of happiness, good health and prosperity. Cheers dearie…

34. Frankie

November 9, 2014 at 10:35 pm

Awww Toke is soo preggers!

35. chika dike

November 9, 2014 at 10:48 pm

something is not right here and you all Toke Rangers know it. Yes is a nice fun party, yes we are all happy for her cos she looks pregnant but no her husband is supposed to be by her side. and no if she was 18 going on 19 in 1999 according to her, she would have been 35 going on 36 in 2014, those are factual observations not insinuations or hate. the moment you are happy to invade our space wearing the toga of a celebrity, your life becomes available for public scrutiny and you cant deny us that right.. my advice is always tell the truth to the best of your knowledge that way you dont have to remember what you said the last time

36. oosemasselle

November 9, 2014 at 10:51 pm

oh im giggling so hard .. bless her the instagam faces though 🙂 xx

37. Amh

November 10, 2014 at 12:22 am

To the idiots jumping around like headless chicken. I wanted to ask if u r majes ex.but u cant be .cuz maje cant even say hI ti u. U r beneath him.u dont belong to the same class. Toke does nt look classy really. Can u stand next to her in ye local braids and horrible cloths shes a classy. Beautiful posh ajebutter with a hot hubby who is crazy about her. Bruno d lizard. Pisss off. Crazy goat.

38. Tomifeoluwa

November 10, 2014 at 12:39 am

Is she preggers or she just chop belle-full??

39. benny

November 10, 2014 at 2:12 am

Toke is a beautiful happily married woman. Let her live. She doesn’t have to throw a wedding to suit ur taste. See double standard. U people are just throwing jabs at this girl because she is an easy target. Her small wedding according to her and her hubby’s pocket was classy. How much does she earn that she should live to please u?
    Toke looks good. Toke is trying. Don’t pull other hardworking women down. I don’t see what she is doing to warrant the hate. No runs, nothing. Aunty is hustling. She works in entertainment; do u think she won’t attend events? Some of these events she just shows up to for photo op so the organisers can beef up their guest list in the pictures they send out and she leaves. Let her breath.

• shade ade

November 10, 2014 at 3:06 am

And u know this because ? ? ? ? ? Or are u toke .
      As you defend her why can’t u advice her to go easy on the liessssss. Haba . Her life is just one fake story telling to another , although I have to commend her the way she has built her brand based on the lies and packaging so well done to her. And big ups to Maje Ayida that plays along with d obvious and in many cases caught out lies. It takes love to stand or be with hat kind of partner. But the truth never hurts and will set u free. Toke free urself
      happybirthday……

• benny

November 10, 2014 at 6:45 am

It also takes a whole lot of love to deal with someone as vile as you. I hope you have someone willing to give that love o. Cos if u don’t, with this xter; male, female or lizard… e go hard. And if u have someone putting up with this im sure it is one of those nigerian marriages a’la glorified roommates situations. Cos this bitterness u carry will surely hinder love. Tueh

40. olu

November 10, 2014 at 3:41 am

U just should pls allow dis toke b.d girl is making headlines.being popular u guys r there talking about her.most of u cnt even afford to recharge ur phones.toke was my jnr in school and her sister ope.and am 32 so how can she b 35.pls leave her d girl. She’s doing well for herself.

41. Anon

November 10, 2014 at 4:58 am

She looks beautiful with her natural skin color coming back in….glad she is slowing down on the bleaching during pregnancy! If she chooses to celebrate 30….why not? Happy bday Toks!

42. Anne

November 10, 2014 at 5:34 am

HBD. I like Toke’s hair. pls leave this chic alone. God is sure on her side. She is flying high and no going back no matter what anyone says or thinks. 34 or 30 she is has had a lovely birthday party we can only wish for.
    The only sad thing is her hubby’s presence at least in the pictures.
    As a married igbo girl, i no dey joke with my hubby. I carry him as a king. Toke learn to do the same especially on very special occasions like ur birthday celebration.
    Long live toke.

43. Audrey

November 10, 2014 at 7:37 am

I suspect that at the time Toke was first employed as an OAP, she was too young.maybe 15? and so it should have been done with her parents consent; remember her mom made her stop working when she heard her on air. She probably lied earlier on about her age to save the radio station any backlash or herself for probably lying to the station that she was older. Whatever, the case its time to leave her alone. You people have judged her enough(God must be happy that you helped him do his job *rolls eyes*) now go back to your lives, your skeletons may be falling out too.

• baboushka

November 10, 2014 at 2:30 pm

Now if what you say is true then in all the 18 going 19 in 1999 interviews she gave she should have clarified that point at that time now even a Magazine article where she stated the same things she did in those YouTube interviews has surfaced where there is smoke there is fire. I really want to like this girl I really do but her lies just make me give myself a restraining order from liking her. She may be returning to her natural colour but then again it could be the photography, lighting or effects used who knows future photo shoots will tell. No one is hating Toke we are just calling her out on her lies.

44. Kenny

November 10, 2014 at 9:16 am

This toke girl is really strong,the way people dislike her is just on another level

• mary

November 10, 2014 at 10:48 am

@ Kenny. ..do people really hate her . I don’t think so . They just call her out on her lies and WTF they are so many of the lies. It’s hard even for Toke to keep up with her story .

45. www.africanstorytellers.blogspot.com

November 10, 2014 at 9:45 am

africanstorytellers.blogspot.com says thus;
    Toks! May the Scorpio in you sting some humanity into the lives of all your haters and may you continue to give us reason to believe in ourselves, no matter what. Amen

Enough said!

46. mz_bi

November 10, 2014 at 10:55 am

I actually saw pictures of her husband in her party on her instagram page. The fact that Bellanaija didn’t include a picture of him is really their cup of tea. The way people go about just judging from ONLY what they see is beyond me. Why judge if you don’t truly know?
    Just look at all the vile and hateful comments on one woman. So what if she told a few lies? Who hasn’t lied before? Mehn…..it’s well sha.

• amina

November 10, 2014 at 2:51 pm

Hopefully we will never stoop to the level when been a constant liar is considered okay, normal or the in thing . Lying is bad period

47. Loveme

November 10, 2014 at 1:37 pm

Toke is pregnant….that’s a fact! She will be announcing soon! Congrats bae!

48. taye

November 10, 2014 at 2:43 pm

Happy birthday Dearest Toke. The crowd at the party wasnt so classy for someone who goes out a lot.. I was expecting too see some “A- list crowd” in attendance.

• Pumping

November 15, 2014 at 10:57 am

Becos shes down to earth and her true friends are everyday people, have you thought of the fact that she needs to make appearances as a TV personality.? get over yourself.

49. T

November 10, 2014 at 9:25 pm

I don’t know why some people worry so much about other people’s age and what not.

50. sisieko

November 10, 2014 at 10:26 pm

Not in a rude way, but babe is preggers for sure…or maybe she should have just chosen a more flattering dress

51. Fume

November 11, 2014 at 4:09 pm

Laffing really hard @ some of the comments above i had to love some of the comments [email protected] over 20 times. i just cant believe people will be so invested in someone they don’t know, have no relations with that they will go back to verify a lie. while others will bring in evidence to pull another down#badbelle. What do you gain really? handshakes? popularity? or is it extra cash in your bank accounts. WICKEDNESS IS WORSE THAN WITCH CRAFT. be busy tearing others than with the time you can supposedly be using to invest in yourself to be the next Toke or better.