News

Au Revoir! Football Star Thierry Henry Retires

Arsenal v England XI
It is the end of a well played era.

Thierry Henry the Great officially retires after 20 years of entertaining football fanatics around the globe. The all time leading goal scorer for English FC Arsenal, says “It has been an incredible journey.”

In a statement, the 37 year old French man also says;
“I would like to thank all the fans, team-mates and individuals involved with AS Monaco, Juventus, Arsenal, Barcelona, the New York Red Bulls and, of course, the French national team that have made my time in the game so special. I have had some amazing memories (mostly good!) and a wonderful experience. I hope you have enjoyed watching as much as I have enjoyed taking part. See you on the other side.”

He will surely be missed on the field.
Photo Credit: Getty Images Sport

1. vanny

December 16, 2014 at 1:28 pm

awww, one of my favourites in the game, it was beautiful watching him play. Now sit back and rock the cash you worked for years.

2. BUDDY

December 16, 2014 at 1:38 pm

My no1 striker.proud to be an arsenal fan

3. Missy J

December 16, 2014 at 1:53 pm

Thierry one of the greatest ever in EPL, I was expecting him to make a grand return to Arsenal then retire there but guess he had a different plan. Lol but Drogba is a machine oh, still going strong at this age. I don’t see him retiring any time soon.

4. Pat

December 16, 2014 at 1:59 pm

awww he was fire when arsenal was arsenal lol. love him. ..wish him all the best 🙂

5. Anon

December 16, 2014 at 2:13 pm

One of the few who has won everything in his sport. Va va voom. Too sexy. Loathe the Gunners but love Henry.

Missy J – the feelers coming out from the Drogba camp is that this is his last season as a player and he will join the coaching team in Chelsea (either as a coach to the strikers or a youth coach.)

• Missy J

December 16, 2014 at 3:38 pm

No ooo I don’t want him to retire any time soon but that dude is 36. Yeah Mourinho said Drogba is going to retire at Chelsea then pick up a Coaching career but I don’t see any player to replace Drogba as 3rd place striker not even Solanke unless they purchase one.

6. Nike

December 16, 2014 at 4:17 pm

Henry my love. You were the greatest

7. fola jackson

December 16, 2014 at 4:27 pm

igweeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Opsy

December 18, 2014 at 5:27 pm

Igwe of life!!!
    The reason I started supporting Arsenal! Love you Bae!!!