Sweet Spot

Early Morning Workout! Kate Henshaw’s Exercise Routine Has Us Inspired

Kate HenshawKate Henshaw is known for her consistent workouts and she’s even got a workout video!

This morning the Nollywood actress inspired us to put on our workout shoes and hit the gym fast. We guess this festive season is no excuse to give ourselves one too many cheat days.

She captioned one of her videos ‘Tighten up that tummy…tone your arms too while at it….(10kg bar pulldown) No excuse cos its Christmas.. Do something before something do you….’

You heard her!

A video posted by Kate Henshaw (@k8henshaw) on

A video posted by Kate Henshaw (@k8henshaw) on

A video posted by Kate Henshaw (@k8henshaw) on

1. Que

December 19, 2014 at 8:39 am

Any wonder why she’s giving 25yr olds a run for it!

2. keechi

December 19, 2014 at 8:43 am

I’m with you Katy!! Btw this is for that man behind her “straighten your legs all the way up!” *In my Uzi voice*

• Authentic Sunshine

December 19, 2014 at 9:30 am

The man behind though…..sigh.

• Ifunanya

December 19, 2014 at 9:31 am

You eh!

• zeb

December 19, 2014 at 9:39 am

lmao, that man is doing something else there, exercise in nt by force o

3. raphael

December 19, 2014 at 8:53 am

I love to see a woman who takes her looks seriously and tries to stay healthy. This lady should be a big inspiration to the women out there. Don’t know her personal life but have always admired her.

askralphblog.com

4. Ifunanya

December 19, 2014 at 9:29 am

No wonder my tummy still dey big…….chai! I never start.

5. Temmy

December 19, 2014 at 9:53 am

lols, i can’t stop laughing. madam kate, what’s happening to your political life. #Nigeria needs Leaders not Player !

6. morluchi

December 19, 2014 at 9:58 am

One secret behind he looks

7. Ewa

December 19, 2014 at 10:08 am

Please keep quiet there. What an ignorant statement. What has politics got to do with keeping fit?

8. Ada Nnewi

December 19, 2014 at 10:17 am

#TeamProflex# ;D

9. Gistyinka Blog

December 19, 2014 at 10:58 am

#TeamFitness

10. iseemaths

December 19, 2014 at 10:58 am

I go hard in the gym… #TeamFit all day long.
    If i can lecture, write research papers, disseminate and chew mathematical equation, cook, run personal errand, go to mid week service and still workout six days a week for an hour on an hour 30 minutes a day….then there should be NO excuse for people living in Nigeria with helpers, parent, drivers etc to help out with some things

I stay alone and got no family here but i manage to keep it together…..

STAT: 5ft 11. size 4 US, slender, athletic build (toned),…. healthy living (exercise and drink lots of water and practice deep breathing techniques) and eating(portion control).

When i start my blog after my Phd, i will help a lot of people be a healthier you, using simple and effective methods of working out and eating.

• Ann

December 19, 2014 at 11:11 am

Oya post your picture joor

• kili

December 19, 2014 at 11:26 am

Have u ever sat in a traffic jam for 5 hours???
      Do u have to go to the market every other day because theie is no steady power to store up your fresh stuff.
      Do u have to wake up 4.30am to beat the early morning rush.
      I’m a #TeamFit member all the way, I go hard at the gym, I go all out. Infact one of my instructors say I am one of the most active. Why am I saying all these, so you know I am on the same page with you and not termed a hater. In naeto C’s voice-My dear things are not the same.

• Nikki

December 19, 2014 at 11:46 am

When do you get the time to do the workouts? Mornings or Evenings? I am looking forward to your blog. Please get started.

• iseemaths

December 19, 2014 at 2:06 pm

I wake up by 5am, mix my shake (whey protein powder and banana) and head to LA fitness close to my house. Workout for an hour or an hour 30 minutes then take a shower, grab my already packed breakfast (cereal or oatmeal with dried fruits) and off to school to lecture (i teach freshers) and take classes as the case may be…
      I drink lots of water through out the day like 1 gallon or more depending…I do portion control for my lunch and dinner. i have snacks in between lunch and dinner.
      Tip: Never ever go hungry in the name of loosing weight. I eat 5 times a day and i maintain a health bmi/weight.
      thank me when my blog is up. I want to see all of us be healthier in 2015 and the time starts now.

• Zara

December 19, 2014 at 1:36 pm

Please tell me more. [email protected]. I really need to loose weight stat

• AVID BLOG READER

December 19, 2014 at 5:58 pm

I am also team fitness and lost 36 pounds last year and have kept it of by exercising 5-6 times a week at home and eating properly. I have 3 kids and a job. Having said that it is not as easy as you put it. I am going to assume you are referring to single people without kids not having an excuse abi? Because it seems you do not have that extra responsibility to be in a position to judge what it would be like when you do. I am very proud of my progress but if i did not have kids I would have a enough energy and time to have a six pack.

• iseemaths

December 19, 2014 at 7:51 pm

GADEM….in my give me a break with the excuse of kids and hubby. My sister is married and i introduced her to team fit… she created a schedule to fit into kids… she has a six ack after 2 kids and is very tonnes inshore ask about her in Lakewood Houston she is a church worker….. stop the i am mother or wife excuse…. Jeez. Naija mentality

11. Ephi

December 19, 2014 at 12:06 pm

It’s easier said than done. I probably would have been saying so myself until few days ago when I sat stuck in Lagos traffic for almost 3 hours, it was then I began to doubly-respect and appreciate those that have to experience this almost daily. In any Western country you can plan your time and get all those stuff you’ve mentioned done within reasonable time. There is no such luxury in Lagos so anyone even managing to do workouts once a week gets my respect abeg.

12. Dr10e

December 19, 2014 at 1:21 pm

bottom line guys, no matter what part of the world you are in or how free or tight you schedule is, if you are determined and you set your mind to being physically active and fit, you will find the time to do it.

13. Tunmi

December 19, 2014 at 4:17 pm

Maybe something can be done for those stuck in marathon traffic. Heyyy….this is a market. If only there were bike lanes and people following road rules. But in cars and molues and buses…hmm