News

Read Presidential Aspirant Buhari’s Message to Youths: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty & Unemployment

BellaNaija.com

Buhari 2015 BN 1
Nigerian Presidential aspirant General Muhammadu Buhari on his 72nd birthday (December 17th) presented a message to the youth.

Read;

1. Let me begin by expressing my profound gratitude to God, who has given me long life and good health, and for sustaining my passion and commitment to continue to serve our dear country, Nigeria.

2. Usually, reaching another milestone in life is a cause for celebration. And while I appreciate the opportunity to engage with young people who are the future leaders of our country, I cannot pretend to be as happy as I ought to be. Nevertheless, we shall not allow the challenges confronting Nigeria to lead us to despair.

3. I have never wavered from my desire to contribute to a better Nigeria, even in the face of the most daunting challenges: The true mark of character is for one to believe in a good cause, and to have the courage and conviction to fight for that good cause regardless of all obstacles and challenges.

4. Every time I meet and interact with young Nigerians from every part of the country, I am struck by your vitality, confidence, intelligence, creativity and vision. These are the ingredients needed to forge a great country. The only missing component is visionary leadership that would channel your energies and resourcefulness into cohesive social and economic mechanisms to develop Nigeria.

5. Hopefully, I shall provide you with all the support that you require, and also create and sustain the enabling environment you need to unleash your potentials not only in Nigeria, but across the world. Nothing gladdens my heart more than stories of young Nigerians demonstrating their intellectual and creative talents and skills on the global stage.

6. When I said, “This generation of Nigerians, and indeed future generations, have no country other than Nigeria. We shall remain here and salvage it together”, I had no idea that 30 years and a lost generation later, we will still be facing the same sets of problems: corruption, insecurity of lives and property, decaying infrastructure, dilapidated public institutions, crushing poverty and underdevelopment.

7. But these problems are self-inflicted and can be solved. Be assured that our dreams for a better Nigeria might have been temporarily halted, but our resolve has never wavered. We must get our acts together and salvage our country. It will be criminal to waste the exciting potentials I see in you.

8. Let me tell you a short story:

9. As a young army officer many years ago, I could afford to save and buy a brand new car from my earnings. Fresh university graduates got jobs before they left school and opportunities were everywhere. Today, as a retired army general, former state governor, petroleum minister and head of state, I can hardly afford that luxury.

10. Similarly, if I hadn’t built my house at the time I built it, I probably would not own a house today; indeed, if I were to graduate today I would most likely join the ranks of the 40 million Nigerian youth who have no jobs and very little prospects of finding any, under the current government.

11. Nothing pains me like seeing young Nigerians who left school up to 10 years ago still living with their parents or living rough with friends or relatives simply because they can not find jobs. Unfortunately, our system has no social safety net of any sort to support those that need help. Nothing crushes the human spirit more than poverty, powerlessness and hopelessness.

12. However, I believe that with prudent management, Nigeria has the resources to meet the needs of all citizens. We will see to a Nigeria where lives and property are safe; schools are world class, health services are available and affordable and where every Nigerian feels proud and wanted.
13. Our government shall be about jobs, jobs and more jobs for our youth. To this end, We will implement strategies to immediately engage as many unemployed Nigerians as possible in quick-win schemes, while we fashion out long-term programmes to make unemployment history in Nigeria.

14. Our poverty alleviation and job creation approach will not be about giving handouts to a few thousand people when we have a staggering 40 million to cater for. The current method not only lacks originality but is not sustainable. We shall stimulate all sectors of the economy to create entrepreneurs and real wealth for all Nigerians, not just a select few.

15. Nigeria has no business with poverty, unemployment and underdevelopment. An APC government will therefore ensure that our commonwealth is used to develop our country for the benefit of all Nigerians.

16. What is at stake is the future of Nigeria. The struggle is for the millions of Nigerians who have been driven from their homes by terrorists;it is about the tens of millions of Nigerians who have no jobs, no sense of security and no hope for a better future; it about putting Nigeria first.

17. The need for change is imperative. The future of Nigeria is about your future. The big question is: Do we have the courage to vote for change? Are you ready to join me in securing our country and our future?

18. If you are, then go about and spread the message of change. Convince your families and friends to register and ensure that they vote correct in the upcoming elections. That way, we shall begin a new journey together – a journey to banish poverty, unemployment and underdevelopment from Nigeria.

19. Thank you all for your birthday wishes and your prayers.

20. God bless you all. God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR

1. Fisylala

December 19, 2014 at 7:38 am

I dont really care…as long as some change happens in this country. We been here too long mehn! Since i was born … Infact from the womb i’ve been hearing up Nepa! Power supply, extreme poverty, corruption etc. my muse however is dat i know buhari kicked against corruption as a military guy….but can he as a civillian now?

2. Gistyinka Blog

December 19, 2014 at 7:54 am

Hmmm i smell GMB wining next election, but i smell opposition using power to over rule the election.

3. honey

December 19, 2014 at 8:01 am

Sir, bo ti e dibo o ti wole (even if you don’t contest, you have already won). For the first time in so many years, i shall go out to vote. And that vote is for you.
    Anybody other than that clueless guy and his attack dogs. I cant bare to see 4 more years of this destruction called government. Even if he comes back, i want to satisfy my conscience that i didnt contribute to his return by not voting right.
    I would have preferred Fashola though, But what do i know!

• Loveth O.

December 19, 2014 at 9:16 am

If you like, call President jonathan Clueless but the Fact Remains that he will still be your President and the President of Nigeria till 2019

• Didi

December 19, 2014 at 11:21 am

You are more clueless than he is.

4. Amy Nwoku

December 19, 2014 at 8:12 am

Admirable speech but he is somehow playing the poor man card Jonathan played years ago. So he cant afford a car now and he has just one million naira in the bank(from the other speech of his) and yet he was once a minister,governor and head of state?? Why did he not invest wisely with his earnings to ensure he would not go broke? That does not sound encouraging at all for a man who aims to be my president. Well between you and Uncle Jona,may the better man win and may that better man lead us well for the next four years.

• Ada Nnewi

December 19, 2014 at 9:40 am

Comprehension is key!!!! He did not say he can’t afford a new car now,..He said as a fresh graduate with a job he could afford a brand new car and in this our present time only very few graduates with a particular kind of job can afford such a luxury. My dad could afford a brand new peugout 504 as a fresh graduate from UNN when he got his first job with a commercial bank in Lagos, he also got a 2 bedroom acommodation from the bank….

• MC

December 19, 2014 at 12:38 pm

……also, he said that he has “at least 1mil”. So could be up to 200mill

5. bruno

December 19, 2014 at 8:32 am

all this talk is cheap. I just can’t wait for the presidential debate. last election gej didn’t come instead he said they should send him the questions. I watched this debate, the questions where hard, very hard. I didnt even understand some of the questions.

then AIT did another one, very stupid, easy questions they where asking Gej. smh

• Didi

December 19, 2014 at 11:23 am

Don’t mind the weakling

6. Debs

December 19, 2014 at 8:38 am

I don’t buy this Buhari’s poverty story abeg. It is the poor people that will steal Nigeria’s money and run away. I want change, Nigeria needs change but I ain’t voting Buhari. I don’t want Jona either, so maybe I won’t just vote. All these speeches geared at stimulating sympathy in the hearts of poor, unemployed and unsuspecting Nigerians ain’t gon work for me. Mschewwww

• Didi

December 19, 2014 at 11:25 am

Have heard the saying; people perish when good men do nothing?

7. DIMBO ATIYA

December 19, 2014 at 8:59 am

REALLY! This man really thinks we are stupid honestly. You can’t afford those luxuries, yet you were in a bullet proof car the day your life was almost snuffed out. Who gave you the car and those in your convoy. Again it means as a former Head of state you don’t have people you have empowered who will feel the need to appreciate you with gifts of houses and cars. Nothing wrong with that. If you did good, you should get it back.How can you inspire a generation of very robust and agile entrepreneurial minded youths when in the last 20 years you have done nothing but sit down on your butt to lament about the state of nation and only want to be president to correct it. How many have you employed, or sponsored, or mentored into leadership. Instead you indirectly motivate hoodlums and extremist to take up arms and cause destruction because you didn’t win elections. In the last 4 years, how many youth forums did you organise to find out how the youths feel and what they want. Who did you consult on this youth matters? I SEE ANOTHER POLITICIAN WITH ALL THIS ELF RIGHTEOUS CLAIMS OF HAVING NOTHING AND PLAYING THE CARD OF THE MESSIAH.

• Didi

December 19, 2014 at 11:37 am

You must know that all Politician are the same, do you think that all that Obama said in his campaign he has fulfilled? The bullet proof car could have been given to him by the APC to protect their candidate. Did you occur to you that he might have rejected any kind of gift offered to him be it a house or cars? Go back and do your research. better still find out from your parent cause their must have experienced the Buhari administration. he tried to fight corruption and there was law and order. He dealt with the corrupted people in this country that is why all of them are afraid for him to come back because he will definitely finish them off. so they go about with all sorts of allegation to deceive people. Ask yourself what is the major problem in this country isn’t it corruption?

• Wale

December 19, 2014 at 1:12 pm

You can “love yourself” a million times. It still doesn’t mean giving the opposition a try is not better than what we currently have. So please ask yourself the questions you just posed-Has Dumbo done any of those things?
      Like someone rightly said-if you believe in Dumbo Jonathan -then May God Contribute to Your Life Exactly the Way Jonathan and Fat Dumbo Dame has Contributed to Nigeria, Amen!

• MissM

December 19, 2014 at 7:54 pm

GOD bless you for this comment

8. Ola

December 19, 2014 at 9:36 am

errrmm… this man was talking about having only about a million naira in his bank account right? i dont know why he felt the need to tell us that though, is it for us to think he is poor? looking at that office furniture, its obvious a poor man can’t have that. i actually didn’t read the article above (another politician’s rant)..no time

• paulmirabilis

December 19, 2014 at 1:17 pm

Ola: I pity you honestly. You did not have time to read the article but you had time to drop a comment. You are an example of the problems we face as a generation. Young people are too lazy to read and put their time to good use. They would rather tweet crap and display pictures on instagram and other social media. What a generation we’ve got!

9. Ada Nnewi

December 19, 2014 at 9:40 am

BUHARI 2015

10. cityfirm

December 19, 2014 at 9:49 am

Thank you amy nwoku for that observation, nigeria are so bias they talk with sentiment, does GMB fail to invest at that time, i wonder what is doing to earn a living if you are telling us all this just because you are viaing for a position pls nigeria can we just be truful to oursef being the former head of state he is entile to smetins,what is he doing with those benefit eating them up so pls let stop this politic well for me let the best man rule.

• Y

December 19, 2014 at 10:32 am

As a past head state, he’s actually entitled to N22million every month. His followers claim he receives only 10% of it, that’s N2.2million per month. That’s a glimpse of how poor he is.

11. Ceecey

December 19, 2014 at 9:55 am

i kinda believe in this man. I am tired of Jonathan. For four years now, terror, poverty, insecurity has been rampant, while his family, friends and colleagues live in wealth and luxury. I am tired!!!! God please bless our country, hear your children’s cry please. If Buhari is the best man for us, please may him win. Grant us favour, grace and bless all our endeavours. Nigeria is a great country filled with talented youths and people, God grant that Today and forever, come 2015, Nigeria would swim in your love and care. Amen!!! Please can i hear a louder amen, if you believe? God bless you all!!!

• Didi

December 19, 2014 at 11:40 am

Amen! Ceecey you are truly a woman of wisdom!

• Wale

December 19, 2014 at 1:05 pm

O se joor! Shine your eyes Nigerians! The way Jona dey rule your land, it get k-leg o! There just have to be a better way!

12. Glowing Sapphire

December 19, 2014 at 10:05 am

Rightly put Amy! May the Chosen Man Win…No Trust in the Speeches.

13. peace

December 19, 2014 at 10:08 am

General buhari or what ever ur name is go home and rest probably take care of ur 150 caws u said u have for Gods sake at 72 what r u still looking for we don’t need old peoples again in the system ur too old before u go and die like ur brother yaradua did dis a warnin.

14. sam

December 19, 2014 at 10:18 am

I can’t believe people can fall for this speech. Everything he said is a lie, common don’t you people think??? This I Buari. Seriously Buari!!! Well we are all here. I don’t pity nigerians. I ask you to read that speech again and ask yourself if he had actually said anything you can really hold. Is there anything he said. That looks like solution?

• Saint

December 21, 2014 at 2:26 am

Ar u a fool?…#GMB is d change

15. Ekene

December 19, 2014 at 10:39 am

Nigerians are once again desperate to vote for the wrong person.We will do anything to have a different president.People are so quick to forget four years ago when Jonathan came, he put up an ”Act”.Buhari has come again and given us another “Act’.Nigerians Open your eyes and see .I will Never vote for Buhari neither will i vote for Jonathan.These two people are actors..Nigerians want to vote a man who couldnt manage his own finances.How do we expect him to manage Nigeria as world.Wake up from your Slumber Nigeria!!!!This same man said he will not come out for presidency after he lost the last time.A man who cant stick to his own words???

• Didi

December 19, 2014 at 11:49 am

Please think intelligently. Didn’t Jona say he wouldn’t come out too? Anyways about the finance, In every organisation there are heads of departments or some sort; each of them are experts in their field and are expected to run these various department. Buhari might not be good with fianace, but that is why a minister of finance is there to do the job!

• jake ro

December 19, 2014 at 2:12 pm

Really, you are the one that is not intelligent here.nigerians are really naive.buhari like most of them had his chance and achieved nothing.nigerians deserve better than theses two men.demand that from the authorities or no voting.these are absolute rubbish for your nationwhy must it be only these people.where are the young and brilliant minds, or nigeria does not have one?well, that will be pathetic.

• ekalor

December 19, 2014 at 12:21 pm

So who will you vote for?.. Then you have no RIGHT to complain, if things goes awry especially as you have given away your right by choosing not to vote… Think please before you throw away this vital gift..

• the realest

December 19, 2014 at 12:34 pm

your comment is actually really daft (note i did not say you are daft, i said your comment is daft). you’re one of those pessimists who needs to be given love and care. As far as I’m concerned, if youre not going to vote for any of them then why are you talking??
      By not doing anything, you are not helping your country.

read this article to save yourself: http://www.bellanaija.com/2014/12/19/winifred-adebayo-4-types-of-dream-killers/

• Wale

December 19, 2014 at 12:58 pm

No- he said unless there was a compelling reason to run again. For the first time in our Nation’s history since Biafra, we are in danger of breaking up. That to me is compelling enough to give it another try.

• Wale

December 19, 2014 at 1:03 pm

It is your Civic duty to participate. If you don’ t want to, there are many civic minded Nigerians that understand that their single vote will make a difference in having a say in their future, for good or for bad.

• Paypay

December 20, 2014 at 2:09 am

Whether u vote or not there shall be a president. It is written . Just remember not to complain, whatever ur lack of voting gives to u accept it with thanks. Okay.

16. Nife

December 19, 2014 at 10:48 am

I have a deep feeling change Is here

• yes baby

December 19, 2014 at 7:13 pm

change is only here if we all get out of our houses to cast a vote and we vote for APC.

• kirku

December 19, 2014 at 7:16 pm

I agree, change is only here if we go beyond posting comments on bellanaija and statuses on facebook and stating our opinions on twitter.

After we have done all that wash, we must go out to vote. I’m with you on that, APC is the way forward.

Fashola and the development of Lagos alone has shown me that APC are the way forward. I hope they give Fashola a credible position in their government.

17. Iris

December 19, 2014 at 11:14 am

He’s 72?!!!!!! I’m sorry, but I can’t get past that. O pari.

• Wale

December 19, 2014 at 12:54 pm

With Age comes Wisdom!

• Iris

December 19, 2014 at 3:30 pm

No…not really… I wish that was how it worked, but it isn’t.
      Anyway sha I can only pray that if he wins he won’t be like what he was before. Truth be told I think we are screwed whichever way we go. It’ not like I care for the present government either. Hopefully he’s not a religious bigot. Hopefully he’ not a dictatorial tyrant.

• Iris

December 19, 2014 at 3:32 pm

In fact, if he wins the first thing he needs to do is acknowledge what he and his cronies did to Nigeria in the 70s and 80s and apologize. Then we will know he may be serious. Everything else na wash.

18. Gbemi

December 19, 2014 at 11:19 am

Uhmmm. Well even if he no good and lying at least Jonathan has stolen enough ., let’s someone else steal .. Though I belove Buhari would be better

• Gbemi

December 19, 2014 at 11:20 am

*is
      *believe

19. BEAUTIFUL

December 19, 2014 at 11:29 am

GEJ TILL 2019

• shoi

December 19, 2014 at 7:12 pm

you are the definition of a BALU.

End of.

20. Segun

December 19, 2014 at 11:31 am

Look at his office…does this man look like some1n who has just 1million naira in his account??Nigerians wise up..#Buhari is a scam!

• Abi

December 19, 2014 at 2:43 pm

I’m pretty sure he said that he had ‘ AT LEAST’ 1 million in his account, which means that there is almost definitely more than that in said account.
      Can people please stop bringing up this bank account issue, it is completely redundant in the case at hand. Read his comments about said account properly, read the above address and then comment sensibly and lets start a conversation about the future of our country.

21. Fatimah

December 19, 2014 at 11:47 am

Tbh, the issue is even beyond GEJ, it’s about what he has gotten away with and what he will continue to get away with if not checked. I don’t give a toss about Buhari but I will definitely be casting my vote for him. APC has some vibrant young politicians cum technocrats so we will be fine or at least we would not plunge deeper into the abyss.

The thing is, at this stage, the PDP especially at the Federal level have become so impudent and this attitude needs to be checked. If we can chase out an incumbent President, a signal will be sent to anybody and everybody that no position is safe; politicians will be forced to sit up. At least, APC was forced to really fight for Osun because of Ekiti. Even the OGSG and LASG had to retrace their steps on some issues. If we can chase out GEJ, nobody is above our vote again. So, really at the end of the day, this is about us and our power. If you like complain in your house and do nothing, God will punish you for it.

• Wale

December 19, 2014 at 12:47 pm

Thank you!

• Easy n Gentle

December 19, 2014 at 1:01 pm

God bless you Fatimah

• Taiwo

December 19, 2014 at 2:01 pm

Fatimah I Love you for this comment!! Thank You!!!!!!

• jake ro

December 19, 2014 at 2:17 pm

Well, your name is Fatima.you can never think otherwise., cos you are never raised to think for yourself.you cannot see beyond ethnicity and religion.pity

• Taiwo

December 19, 2014 at 3:44 pm

look who is talking about being unable to see beyond ethnicity! You just discredited her opinion because her name is Fatima. how dumb can you possibly be?!

• Hian

December 20, 2014 at 9:25 am

Jake ro you that can think for yourself, ese o free thinker. The worst set of people in Naija are people like you. You already condemned someone because she is a northerner. Tufia. Ok since you feel it is GEJ or you die, are you employed? You get light? Did this your son of the soil not promise you these two mere things year after year for the past how many years. Your Dr. Son of the soil that can not speak eloquently, atleast Buhari no go the kain school wey GEJ go? You see ba, open your eyes. You reek of tribalism and unfortunately you are the ones that keep dragging that country back with your backwardness and fake superiority complex. That country is on the brink. We do not need sentiments now, we need intervention. Sit there and watch Nigeria drained dry by PDP. Sit there and watch our infrastructure continue to dwindle. Lagos and Abuja are but a speck of Naija yet they are the only places that are developed thanks to people who had nothing to do with the ruling party. Wake up, fatima is probably settled and ok meanwhile you are there gnashing your teeth looking for a means to hustle because your country has failed you.

22. mujer

December 19, 2014 at 11:59 am

Great thoughts but can he rig elections? That is how you win in a morally deprived society like Nigeria

23. mrs chidukane

December 19, 2014 at 12:09 pm

Please i’m voting for Buhari. I can’t take 4 more years of Doyin Okupe and Ruben Abati with their clueless GEJ. I gave up on GEJ when he said stealing is not corruption and Nigeria’s greatest problem is not corruption. Also, America will know. Have you ever asked yourselves why our airforce planes keep crashing? What happened with all the countries that volunteered to help BBOG? It’s better we give someone else a chance cos after 6 years as President it should be clear even to the blind that GEJ has absolutely nothing more to give. Though Buhari should apologize to Nigerians for his inflammatory statements that resulted in massive loss of lives after the last election.

People may say, and I even believe Buhari is boko haram but since GEJ has failed woefully to stop it or even protect the victims, in fact woefully failed to even show real will to combat it then let their chairman enter let us have peace so people can stop dying unnecessarily. A country where NIMASA will say Tompolo bought warships on their behalf? Tompolo? A Niger Delta militant? It is finished

24. the realest

December 19, 2014 at 12:28 pm

I actually cannot believe how all the previous commenters have spoken…LOOK… GEJ HAS NOT DONE ANYTHING BUT MAKE THIS COUNTRY WORSE, he is a PUPPET and is surrounded by total idiots who are clueless about what is going on in this country- Doyin okupe needs to be out, reuben abati too has been unprofessional!

-Can’t you guys see that if GEJ is president again Nigeria will suffer even more? GEJ knows NOTHING about politics for pete’s sake… he has a PhD in Zoology.. ZOOLOGY! how does that qualify him to be a president?He wasnt even meant to be president, he got lucky. We gave him a second chance in the 2011 elections and he has shown us that he is incompetent and clueless.
    (according to him, the electricity situation is better… can any of you here HONESTLY say it is better in your neighbourhood?)

-A president that has allowed Boko Haram to continue for 4 years, all he’s been doing is codemning attacks up and down..lets not forget that the ONLY reason him and his wife (this woman irks my soul, i cannot believe this is the woman that represents Nigerians but thats a story for another day..) acknowledged them was because the Bringbackourgirls campaign became so huge that he faced condemnation from politicians around the world.

-I’m sorry but I am tired of this government and APC is the way forward. They have ACTUALLY QUALIFIED people in their camp and for that I will give them a chance. Buhari and Osibanjo are the men for Nigeria 2015. They can tackle corruption correctly instead of fostering it by replacing cabinets for their favour and all that nonsense.

-do you guys not see that in some twisted way PDP is a dictatorship? Let’s be real, they havent been ruling for this long because they are the “better party”. It is time to END their reign and APC MUST WIN those elections for there to be a change in Nigeria.

If you like,, dull yourselves by doing nothing or voting for Jonathan again, come 2019, you’ll be the one to blame for your own misery.

• Anonymous

December 19, 2014 at 6:18 pm

I am all for APC and I sincerely think GEJ has to go but GMB? Really? This is their best? Lord knows if they had put BRF, I would have done a door- door campaign on his behalf. That bring said, we also do not need a ruler who condones religious violence and incites same by his utterances. And if he is behind BH as they say, then he isn’t the man for us.

25. Wale

December 19, 2014 at 12:53 pm

We have lost our moral compass as a nation. In Yoruba we say “gbo gbo e ti da ru”. We need CHANGE to RESET as a nation. Buhari will help oversee this transition.

26. Psalm

December 19, 2014 at 2:00 pm

Nigerians, are we really this gullible? In truth we expect more from Jonathan but whose fault is it that when APC had the opportunity to bring a replacement they brought a military dictator? That’s like going back to our political and historical vomit.
    Atiku is more Nigerian than many of our politicians; Fashola is fairly Nigerian (just like many others who imbibed the Lagos orientation); Jonathan is fairly Nigerian but some of his kins and some Christians around him make him seem less; but Buhari is extremely sectional. A man who said the government’s attack on Boko Haram insurgents ‘is anti-North’. And he didn’t say it between 1983-85. No, he said it last year- 2013. Are we really that forgetful or Buhari’s juju is super-active?
    As a civilian president, Obj arrested Oshiomole ( then NLC president) several times just for protesting peacefully. That’s the character of dictators and we all know from history that Buhari exhibited more dictatorial tendencies and policies than Obj did.
    It’s a shame that we’re even discussing Buhari’s eligibility for president. A man who has no moral standing to give a speech on democracy let a lone contest election in a democratic setting. I bet that Gani must be weeping in his grave.
    If Buhari wins, good for him. But for me and my household, we will never fall for his spell.
    He can even hire Chimamanda to write for him. I will not be deceived.

• Ada Nnewi

December 19, 2014 at 3:37 pm

Need i remind you that GEJ brought in thousands of well armed soldiers into Lagos in January 2012 to molest and search civilians during the general strike and protests…What “civilian” government uses military might on unarmed civilians?????? GEJ is a dictator in civilian guise…

• kdot

December 19, 2014 at 5:11 pm

No one is feeling you

27. Taiwo

December 19, 2014 at 2:19 pm

By all ramifications, this man is better than Jonathan . He definitely would do a better job and choosing Prof Yemi Osinbajo as his running mate shows he is ready to take Nigeria Forward. Everyone who knows Prof knows He is an honest and highly principled person. It was under prof that the Ministry of Justice in Lagos changed ( I had my Chambers attachment there and he made sure we all worked!) He also started the Office of the Public defender in Lagos which gives free Legal representation to citizens.
    If Prof is on, then I’m voting this team.

28. TJ olowo

December 19, 2014 at 2:23 pm

Why should I pray for someone who doesn’t have conscience like GEJ to be my next president or even vote for him. GEJ has sold his conscience to the devil can’t believe he could go out to campaign a day after those children were killed in that school. For those who have not seen anything wrong in his regime I don’t blame you it’s bcos u haven’t lost anyone in ur family in this boko Haram attacks. I am not a politician n am not ready to become one Infact I don’t have any favorites. All I pray for is for God to give us a man that fear Him, put an end to corruption etc

29. ekene

December 19, 2014 at 2:32 pm

@ the realest.I was expressing my own opinion.Everyone is entitled to say what they believe.We have other parties.As i said i will not vote for Jonathan neither will i vote for Buhari.Other presidental aspirants will come from different parties and i will vote for the man/woman i feel will do the job not Buhari not Jonathan.

30. Lami

December 19, 2014 at 4:29 pm

People need to realize this is politics and candidates will say what they need to say to get points and support. I’m pretty sure buhari didn’t even write the article or add to it (that’s why he has a PR team)…totally irrelevant.

I am interested in watching a debate between both candidates, even though i doubt President Jonathan can say anything to convince me giving his first term performance (but that won’t stop people from voting for him since he is a christian and from the south–this still boggles my mind). Anyway, leave sentiments aside for one second, and truly reflect on President Jonathan’s administration. Corruption, poor infrastructure, and the million other problems we have always had..but the biggest failure is the chibok girls. That was just terrible leadership and no one can ever dispute that. If you are related to any of the girls maybe you will understand (btw i am not)..but try hard to put it in perspective. President Jonathan didnt acknowledge it for a very long time until twitter went crazy. Not even a phone call to the parents or give a speech …nothing! that’s leadership 101 and that’s enough reason not to vote for him.

If Mr President could have handled that so terribly (….any father would have reacted better than that) how can you let him manage a country as complicated as Nigeria. Don’t get me wrong Buhari has his flaws like many of us do but his short time in office was different..and that is what Nigeria needs. We need a tough/decisive leader that can do what is necessary to break the streak of terrible management and unfathomable corruption (we all know President Jonathan can’t do that). We need to just fix the basics and stabilize the country before we start pushing for aggressive innovative policies.

For the age thing Dr Manmohan Singh (india’s ex prime minister) was 72 when he became a prime minister, didnt leave office until he was 82 (May 2014).

31. ngozi

December 19, 2014 at 6:54 pm

anyone but that dull GEJ… please no more puppets running the country.. not so confident about buhari but i believe he can bring some discipline at least in this lawless country.

32. Rose

December 19, 2014 at 9:00 pm

While at it, Please add a dose of prayer. Nobody truly knows any man’s intents.

33. Tunde A

December 19, 2014 at 11:12 pm

His bullet proof car was given to him by the Federal Govt. All past heads of states are entitled to some security detail and that is how he got the bullet proof car. Please read widely so you can understand things better.

34. Queen

December 20, 2014 at 12:40 am

Leaders of tomorrow and you’re still trying to contest at 72? Are you not taking the spot our young ones from yesterday should be occupying? You should be looking to help young people that can come and lead Nigeria but no, they should wait for the “future”. Which future again? Agbaya go and sleep. If you forgot anything in Ado rock, ask someone else to go and pick it for you. All those calling Prof whatever, is he the one contesting? Can’t you see he’s only being used? Since when did we start paying attention to our VP? Don’t you know he may even be sacked anyday he stops following instructions? And why didn’t he choose a real strong politician instead of this person that can easily be ridden over? Hiss

35. Hian

December 20, 2014 at 9:36 am

Nigeria needs an intervention. PDP has ruled the country forcefully since independence and here we are…we have telecommunications and a thriving nollywood sector…fin!. Health sector…zero, security..zero, unemployment…minus 10, youth empowerment…zero, power sector…minus 50. We are tethering on the brink of something but its not revolution(we are too lazy for that). Sponsors of BH are known yet our government cant do anything to said sponsors. Insecurity is not just BH, yet those not in Borno axis think they are safe. The naira is practically useless, an oil producing country is in the pits, an agriculturally favored nation exports everything, and corruption is beyond the max but they say it is not a problem. We have a ruling power that blames everything on everyone else and can never just buckle down and act. Highest they throw God in the mix and silence the voting public. Hmm, Naija I hail o. Nigerians please keep praying without action God will save us.

36. Julian

December 27, 2014 at 5:36 pm

So, APC and PDP are two sides of the same coin. And do not forget that in 2011 presidential election, the PDP and the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), which is the biggest component of APC worked together on the presidency. So, there is no way the APC can be the alternative to the PDP because APC is a fraction of the same corrupt political elites and the difference between APC and PDP are the same difference between six and half a dozen.
    So, both APC and PDP are two sides of the same coin. If we are talking about good governance and the alternative to the PDP, it must be a platform to replace the illegitimate, ineffective and corrupt leadership provided by the PDP with an ethical, visionary and competent leadership and that platform cannot be APC. That platform is the third platform, which is the people’s platform, which we are committed to promote.