News

BN Pick Your Fave: The Tale of Three Stylistas & One Bag!

Ijeoma Balogun

PickurFaveIn today’s Pick Your Fave feature, we see three stylistas battle it out for the ultimate style win, all rocking the trending Republic of Fashion bag by Nigerian Fashion Brand, Tae Afrika.

Zina Anumudu is right on track in this outfit as a BN Style 2015 Emerging Fashionista in this houndstooth combo from Fashpa which she pairs with the Caro Republic of Fashion Bag! An unpredicatble style choice but we are loving it!

Zina-Blogger-Brunch-4-672x1012Liz Awoliyi, goes for a chic look with a blue print silk shirt, black pants, a pair of heels completed by the Sisi Eko Republic of Fashion Bag! Effortless!

Olamide-Live-In-Concert-December-2014-BellaNaija172We can always trust our resident style star, Ezinne Chinkata to give a unique interpretation. 60’s style pearls, baroque influenced brocade shorts, a classic ruched blouse and the ultra modern Ada Ada Republic of Fashion bag! Way to go for a mix of styles & fashion eras!

IMG_7778Which Stylista is your fav rocking the Tae Republic of Fashion Bag?

Photo Credit: BellaNaija.com | Zinkata.com | StyleVitae.com

1. Tantra

February 12, 2015 at 10:37 am

This bag looks like a Vehicle License plate.

• derhmy

February 12, 2015 at 11:21 am

DURHHHH…….eesh!

• Nahum

February 12, 2015 at 11:30 am

There is no ‘R’ in DUHHHH…duh! :D, just playing with you

• Anon

February 12, 2015 at 11:32 am

That’s the whole idea. Double durhhhh.

Liz for me.

• Miss_Flygerian

February 12, 2015 at 11:35 am

Isn’t that the point, captain obvious?

2. sis

February 12, 2015 at 10:38 am

I love the name tags on the bags.
    i think brands sell alot more and faster when people can personalize with them. i. e coke

• Anon

February 12, 2015 at 11:34 am

Coke how? You think that it is the personalisation that has made coke sell a lot more and faster? The things I read here just boggles the mind.

Coke/Coca Cola of all brands?

• benny

February 12, 2015 at 11:53 am

Are you ok? Did the person above say that Coke wasn’t selling before? This is a marketing strategy that has been hailed as genius by several outlets and YES, it has boosted sales.
      You are now even adding “the things I read here”. Why do u think they used d strategy? To simply maintain the top spot and keep selling the same quantity?

• jhennique

February 12, 2015 at 2:26 pm

Anon dont jonze pls!

• MC

February 12, 2015 at 11:50 am

As silly as it sounds…….
      I think Sis has a point……Nigerian’s went CRAZY looking for coke bottles with their names on it. LMAO have you not seen the pics?

• Mz Socially Awkward...

February 12, 2015 at 3:18 pm

Not just Nigerians. My colleague bought stacks of bottles in his, his wife’s, his son’s and his daughter’s names when Coca-Cola first started this and he would bring a new bottle of coke to work everyday. I come dey wonder whether the thing full im garage…

Re the post, I don’t know if I would have said any of these ladies rocked it best but if I had to choose, possibly Zaina. It’s one of those statement bags that can either shine or just get lost in your outfit if you’ve got too much going on. Liz’s look is a bit too plain for me and as much as I love some of what Ezinne brings to the style table, it felt like there was no coherence in her look once she threw the bag in there (the top and the shorts were nice and vintage-y on their own).

3. [email protected]

February 12, 2015 at 11:16 am

They all look good but id go with Liz

4. derhmy

February 12, 2015 at 11:23 am

They all look good ooooo…..BN Life is not a competition….no need for the who wore it better pressure abeg

5. TheGirlInTheBlueScarf

February 12, 2015 at 11:27 am

None of the above…a more causal look perhaps?

6. sarah

February 12, 2015 at 11:34 am

Ok so I definitely agree with the above comments, the bag definitely looks like a license plate but it is nice that it can be personalized. In regards to who wore it better, I’d have to go with look one.

7. Olivia

February 12, 2015 at 11:35 am

Sorry but Ezinne is wrong on every level. Is she reali a fashion stylist and where did she get her training and wat influences and informs her choices. Seems to me that in Nigeria every1 who feels they have a thing for fashion jumps on the train and are self titled stylist personal shoppers etc without prior experience. In d developed countries you study, work for the brands gain relevant experience before anything else. My pick is Liz, she did justice to the ensemble and then Zina.

• Jo!

February 12, 2015 at 12:56 pm

I mean! This isn’t hating but how is Ezinne a stylist again??
      She’s always so poorly put together

• Jo!

February 12, 2015 at 12:59 pm

Okay, that short is gorgeous but look at that top! Just look at… Can’t you even iron small? And it’s just all wrong

• tunmi

February 12, 2015 at 1:53 pm

The top is not supposed to be ironed. I looked at it some more and that seems to be the pattern (I have no idea what they are called). I would pick Ezinne because I like the idea of the outfit, something casual just not with that top. Matter of fact, replace her top with Liz’s and it would for me. Next is Zina. Liz’s hair doesn’t allow me to fully appreciate her face or maybe it’s the pose.

All gorgeous women though

• Iris

February 12, 2015 at 6:17 pm

Tunmi I believe it is called ruching.

• ijeo

February 12, 2015 at 3:16 pm

Jo, you are very funny. How is she suppose to iron such a top.

8. kimora

February 12, 2015 at 1:19 pm

mtshewwwwwwwwwwwww,Ugly bag,looks like a vehicle plate number.

9. Jojo

February 12, 2015 at 7:44 pm

Nice bags and concept.
    ladies, just lose the pout. It makes for an unpleasant looking face

10. kz

February 12, 2015 at 11:46 pm

Lol! See how una just diss Ezinne. Aaaaawwww. Hw can u ask dt this top be ironed. Chai! All d stylists tried eventhough d bag looks wierd. But its a great idea! Kudos to all d stylists but Liz’s look WORKS for me! Way to go Liz!