News

Don’t Sell Your Vote Because of Rice & Recharge Cards – Cobhams Asuquo

BellaNaija.com

cobhams1One of Nigeria’s foremost music producers, Cobhams Asuquo, has called on Nigerians to be careful of the choices they make as they vote in the upcoming elections.

He took to Twitter to stress that the 2015 general election was not about APC and PDP, but about the well-being of all Nigerians.

He added that Nigerians should cast their votes wisely and not be induced by ephemeral gifts such as rice and recharge cards:

Asuquo 1

Asuquo 2

Asuquo 3

Asuquo4

***

Well said.

Photo Credit: Thenet.ng

1. Alert!

February 10, 2015 at 3:37 pm

The people of Ekiti sold their votes for bags of rice. I bet they now regret voting in a thug.

2. Preseee

February 10, 2015 at 4:12 pm

Stomach infrastructure …lol

3. Quadzeus

February 10, 2015 at 4:23 pm

If i comment, some illiterates will say it is hate, referring to my comments on Omoni Oboli’s tweet. Is this not a meaningful comment and tweet by someone who actually cares. Yes politics sometimes become partisan and when it does we tend to over look the real issues. But i am neither PDP nor APC, but being partisan or not is not the issue here. The issue is people that seemingly have a voice due to their profession and status in society, choosing to shy away from the truth because of personal interest and gains. Anyone that can come out and say the GEJ administration in the last 7years has benefited the country is nothing but a liar, a thief and accessory to all things thiefrery

4. dr. j

February 10, 2015 at 8:23 pm

Nigerians we have to be wise o. Enough of all these “stomach infrastructure’. Stop collecting from all these politicians and then they will realize how serious we are about this change we cry for. How is it possible that the giant of Africa can’t boast of adequate electricity, quality healthcare, and provision of basic needs for her people. I challenge the next president and other sectors of the government to meet these needs, I also challenge the next government to be more transperent and accountable for their actions. I might not reside in Nigeria presently but the sufferings my country people go through is painful. As a medical practitioner, I hope for a day in Nigeria where preventive care will become a priority, where hospital facilities and equipments are of top quality, where quality healthcare is not just for the rich, where security is of top priority, where the police force oblige to the vow of ensuring security and stability in our society without collecting bride from the people, where every individual regardless of sociology economic status is treated fairly and equally, where my fellow medical practitioners are compassionate and knowledgeable about their profession. How can a patient come in for medical attention and you tell the family members to get blood from outside the hospital facility. Even in the rural area in America, it’s never done. The government can do so much but we as citizens have a major part to play in the different sectors we find ourselves in. enough of all these putting ‘family members’ who know nothing about the job they are assigned into government positions. I’m not against helping family members but please, give the jobs to qualified individuals, there are so many intelligent people with innovative ideas , give them a chance. America and other developed countries are were they are today because people obey rules and watch their neighbors back (not all the time, but at least you all get my point). In the education sector, I challenge the next government to ensure that strikes are no longer a thing students have to worry about. That students who work hard are able to get scholarships and merits which they deserve. a system should also be set in place that relinquishes the position of lecturers who collect bribe in order to pass students. Students should be able to study what they choose, I am tired of hearing how a student registered for medicine, passed the jamb with exceptional results and yet he or she is given zoology, if this said student is privileged enough to cough out millions to the institution then he or she will then be given medicine to study. This is wrong and should be stopped, give the student a chance, and when he or she fails to achieve his or her goals of becoming a medical doctor then it’s on the individual not the institution. I can go on forever but you all get my point , so I’ll stop here. I belive Nigeria can do better and we will!!!

• dr. j

February 10, 2015 at 10:27 pm

Sorry for the typo, i meant socio-economic status

5. Fadairo Bola

February 11, 2015 at 12:50 pm

My fellow Nigerians we can reach them individually and let them know the gravity of doing it. Esau did so in the holy book and he and his generations after him paid for it. Also some did it in Ekiti and are already regretting it but it is too late. No matter how loud you shout it those who will not here will not. They will still sell their tomorrow and that of their generations just because of now solution. BUT WE ARE SHOUTING IT NOW, DO NOT SELL YOUR PVC !!! to any party, is the only NAIRA you have in your pocket (Bank) that even corruption or sorry government don’t have any right to dictate to you how to spend it.