News

Omotola’s Son faints in US Embassy Queue

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde - August 2014 - BellaNaija.com 03Just a few hours ago, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde shared the story of how her last child “Blacked out and practically passed out” at the US Embassy yesterday.

Omotola’s last child is Michael Ekeinde.

See her tweets below
Omotola. j .Ekeinde   Realomosexy    Twitter copy

1. temilade

February 24, 2015 at 8:14 am

i like u as a woman and i like u as a person…u aresse my kind of person and i ve this feeling that i want and wish to be like you….. u are really a blessed woman….. i love you….sorry for your boy

2. Scared homosapien

February 24, 2015 at 8:20 am

Diary of an ajebo kid. Pele o.

• ATL's finest

February 24, 2015 at 10:44 am

Hahhaa lmao!!! @ ajebo.. #dehydrated# exhausted.. Yeap fluids are needed.

3. Call Me Gorgeous..

February 24, 2015 at 8:32 am

Hey ya..sorry oh!
    the hustle to leave naija is real tho!

4. LILO

February 24, 2015 at 8:41 am

Then stay at home…shebi no place be like NAija? You are NAija and proud init?,

5. Kaka

February 24, 2015 at 9:11 am

The American embassy has to do something about this though. This has happened to me there too before. Isn’t the US supposed to be civilized ??? Why such an uncivilized manner of treating people? It’s a shame on them! It’s the US! They should have higher standards! Thanks Omotola for bringing this topic to public discuss.This is why you’re the leader in that industry , another celeb will want to form and not talk about this but she is and reading her tweets you would see they are well thought out tweets. To bring the dilemma to the fore, and thank those who helped. We shouldn’t let this slide though, NIGERIANS should use this as an opportunity to demand higher standards and treatment.she’s done her part.

• Spirit

February 24, 2015 at 10:37 am

You are so right; I went to the U.S. Embassy in Qatar recently and it was a world of difference. In the end it all comes down to what is your country’s GDP and its relationship with the U.S.

• Spirit

February 24, 2015 at 10:40 am

Meant GDP per capita…

• Meems

February 24, 2015 at 3:36 pm

Can we sometimes reason before we talk; abi write in this case? How can you compare an embassy in Qatar to one in Nigeria? The truth is embassies in Nigeria cannot handle the numbers. As we plenty, na so we plenty to travel too. There is only one US, maybe two US embassies in Nigeria and everyone goes there. You can’t compare the numbers with a country such as Qatar wey population no reach my village sef. And you should see the behaviour of our people in all these embassies.

• ada nnewi

February 24, 2015 at 1:48 pm

Sorry oh but how do you expect other countries to treat Nigerians well, when our own leaders treat us like Crap and we don’t hold them accountable…

• lakelizzy

February 25, 2015 at 12:54 am

I can’t agree more. But also this is the way we treat each other as well. So we can’t expect better treatment from foreigners. It’s unfortunate

6. JohnUwangue.blogspot.com

February 24, 2015 at 9:19 am

I pray he comes by.

7. mrs chidukane

February 24, 2015 at 10:13 am

Just looking at the queue is enough to make you faint. I’m glad he’s ok now.

8. Yes?

February 24, 2015 at 10:13 am

And it has to be announced on social media???????

9. Yes?

February 24, 2015 at 10:17 am

And she had to announce on social media???????

• ATL's finest

February 24, 2015 at 10:47 am

I tire ooo.. Everyone communicat via social media ( only fbk),that I got became tiring and I’m glad I closed it down..

• Bleed Blue

February 24, 2015 at 12:21 pm

Social media exposure can be a bit much sometimes yes.

BUT get the underlying message behind her tweets. She’s put the deplorable queuing and waiting conditions on blast. The Embassy needs to consider an improved approach to these things. It may not be logistically possible because of too many applicants, but at least let it be considered.

People fainted a lot when I was in Uni, due to overcrowded lecture halls and the oppressive heat. But we all just talked about it at lunchtime and then it was business as usual.

It’s not cool oh. Not cool at all.

• Kuti

February 25, 2015 at 11:33 am

It’s called social MEDIA for a reason my dear. Its the best place for ” celebrities” not you and your type to communicate and get out information “accurately”.
      In this case, what happened with her and her son wasn’t private! It happened in the US embassy meaning…people were there as it was public. She did the RIGHT thing to deal with it by putting out her own information before the press bring out different versions of what they “think” transpired. So those of you asking why she had to say this on social media, is your point why did she talk about it at all? Or why not do a radio interview or paper interview instead? See how silly your point is now? She put it out on her most trusted medium ( media) . I know, you’re welcome. Next time think before you type. Some of these celebs are actually more intelligent than you.

• Kuti

February 25, 2015 at 11:43 am

My social media comment was directed at “yes” and “Atl finest” thanks Bella ppl for posting my message first time commentor…lol

10. La reine

February 24, 2015 at 11:13 am

I’m glad he is ok. Yes she needs to talk about it before bloggers start spreading false news about the incident. People were there and they would have seen what happened. @Kaka you are so on point with your comment, I’m sure there will be a solution to this incessant humiliation if and when we ask for it.

11. Ebi

February 24, 2015 at 4:25 pm

why are all the blogs reporting this? did they pay them to report it or they just thot we’d like to know… pls all these fake pple shud sit down.

• Cassidy

February 25, 2015 at 12:08 am

You obviously like to know , hence your reading in on “ALL THE BLOGS” plus you are the fake one pretending it’s not news. Buhaha sit down! Or go back to your blog surfing and let sensible people interact Abeg.

12. nene

February 24, 2015 at 5:03 pm

but you can renew your visa without the queue. sorry for her son though.

• Ekalor

February 24, 2015 at 6:58 pm

Maybe they were told to come in….

13. Tokunbo

February 25, 2015 at 10:20 am

So Omotola this is your kids first time to the USA? Surprised! Cause if you were renewing your visas you have no business being at Walter Carrignton, the form naturally directs you to drop box and its a breeze in and out thing at DHL either in VI or Oshodi. Thank me later for the info.I just hope after the wahala he wasn’t rejected?

• Kuti

February 25, 2015 at 11:40 am

Google is your friend. I’m sure I have seen omotola and her kids in the Us many times. Her son was even there for a music thingy sometime ago. Have you thought that maybe they were there on appointment for another reason? You guys are always yo quick to assume .see why they have to spoon feed you with information all the time? So in your mind now, you are the one to tell her about Dropbox . Plus isn’t Dropbox only applicable within 2 yrs of expiry? You thank me later too madam I too know. Then you ended with you hope he wasn’t rejected! No aww hope he’s doing fine or something. YOURE A SAD HATER, I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU.