Events

A Birthday Surprise! Gov. Rotimi Amaechi fêtes Adebola Williams | Photos

BellaNaija.com

Surpised Adebola

After years of hard work, it has been a roller coaster year of success for Adebola Williams, co-founder of RED Media Africa. Alongside his business partner Chude Jideonwo, he won the CNBC Africa All Africa Business Leaders Awards 2014 Young Business Leader of the Year (West Africa) award in October 2014. 2015 has seen various highs for the duo as their business has officially expanded into new focus areas.

Adebola recently celebrated his 29th birthday with an intimate event for friends and then on the Tuesday 10th of March 2015, he received a special birthday surprise! One of his mentors, Governor of Rivers State, Rotimi Amaechi surprised him with a small but festive birthday party at the Eko Signature Hotel in Lagos.

The celebrant believed he was coming to pick up his birthday present from the Governor…he was pleasantly shocked as he walked into a room full of friends and family.

A very surprised Adebola said “I am honoured by this kind gesture and thankful to the Governor. I call him uncle because over the years he has shown to be a rock. Most of all I am grateful to God for his incredibly grace and favour upon my life.

Speaking of Adebola, Governor Amaechi said “I have been very impressed by the sheer hardWork and commitment he has shown in his impact work for young Nigerians and their media and communications company over the years. Since meeting him, he has continued to surprise and inspire me by his many strides of success.

Guests in attendance included Gov. Rotimi Amaechi, former Governor of Bayelsa State Timipre Sylva, Chude Jideonwo, Julius Agwu, Kola Oyeneyin, Tunji Olugbodi, D’banj, Toke Makinwa, Noble Igwe, Kemi Lala Akindoju, Ayo Animashaun, Lola Shoneyin, Isoken Ogiemwonyi, Arese Ugwu, Bolanle Olukanni, Kathleen Ndongmo and more.

Surprise!
Adebola still taking it inSurpised AdebolaMN0A0846You!!You!

A Hug for the Host & Friends

Chude Jideonwo, Rotimi Amaechi, Adebola Williams and Kola Oyeneyin

The Host

The Host – Gov. Rotimi Amaechi

The celebrant - Adebola Williams

The celebrant – Adebola Williams

Let’s Celebrate
MN0A0998MN0A0918Adebola Williams and Governor Rotimi AmaechiArese, Toke and LalaGovernor Amaechi, Adebola Wiliams and Sen. Timipre SilvaIMG_0913MN0A0813MN0A0818MN0A0893MN0A0939MN0A0951MN0A0981

1. ufuoma

March 15, 2015 at 4:27 pm

Amiechi if u like be throwing parties here ndd der dnt go nd end d lawyers strike in ph,salaries have not been paid yet ur trowing party.keep it up.yeye dey smell for ur head

• chukwukadibia

March 15, 2015 at 4:41 pm

My thoughts exactly!!

• Mz Socially Awkward...

March 15, 2015 at 10:49 pm

God bless you for that apt observation as the obtuseness/stubbornness of this man is now on another level. Civil servants are still waiting to receive their hard earned salaries & the Rivers State judiciary has been shut down these past 10 months due to political tussling (started by him trying to impose a new CJ)… And, he continues gallivanting around the country, “marking” social registers here and there.

Shameless thug-in-office.

• bb

March 15, 2015 at 11:06 pm

He has not paid salaries in 10 months. ole. This is the same man that could barely afford to feed himself talk less of his family before God raised him up. Now he is starving the families of others by his refusal to pay salaries. He cannot respect GEJ but he can lick Thiefnubu’s yansh. It is okay, time will tell.

2. seun

March 15, 2015 at 4:44 pm

That dump called Nigeria is a joke!

• zillion

March 15, 2015 at 5:21 pm

Nigeria Isn’t a dump bro! And it certainly isn’t a joke.
      I understand that you must be upset or embarrassed on the many unfathomable shortcomings of Nigeria-We all are. But to refer to my( or your country too, as I would imagine) country as a dump or a joke is far too careless and unpatriotic.

• seun

March 15, 2015 at 7:02 pm

The truth is bitter I guess.

Keep wallowing in your delusions.

• banjo

March 15, 2015 at 5:40 pm

You are the joker.

• seun

March 15, 2015 at 7:04 pm

Lol. I guess I hit your damn nerve. *sips tea*

• Ekalor

March 16, 2015 at 1:59 am

Yet somehow you are on blog called Bella Naija. Do I agree that Nigeria has problems, CERTAINLY….. But I am still amazed at your very final conclusion. Just to a thought, am guessing you have parents or relatives that are here, living, thriving.. Regardless of what country you are in, regardless of what citizenship you hold, If you are born Nigerian, you will ALWAYS be ‘the’ Nigerian, it will never change , no matter the self loathing way you spin it……. Remember always, words are powerful…

P.S
      Most people that visit this site – live, work and are successful in NIGERIA…. It is most unfair to lump us all in the same equation, if everyone leaves, there will be no NIGERIA.

• madam

March 16, 2015 at 11:40 am

if Nigeria is a dump, from your name ‘seun’ I can tell ur ancestors, father and mother also belong to the dump… idiot!!!

3. nene

March 15, 2015 at 4:51 pm

warris dis? amaechi is a joker.

4. Busarni

March 15, 2015 at 5:05 pm

When I said his bday was sponsored by APC; some moron attacked me. Anyways, I don’t say what I don’t know just to drop comments.
    Lagos is a small town sort of With mutual friends dropping little hints here and there. Amaechi, the change agent go and pay your state civil servants; open up the courts. Naija politicians I hail una weli weli

5. Lade

March 15, 2015 at 5:24 pm

Happy birthday again Debola o jare…..U see a man diligent in his business….He will stand before kings, he will not stand before mean men…

6. Who is king

March 15, 2015 at 6:25 pm

Who are u calling king…hope Is not amaechi you are calling a king…all this enjoyment will soon turn to gravel in amaechi mouth, you ignore hardworking civil servants in your state, and start sponsoring a party in Lagos, adding to the Lagos GDP…shame on u…you used our state 7 billion naira to buy a private jet, and give it to general buhari for campaign, without thinking about the primary interest of the rivers people that elected you

Because you want to proof a point to President Jonathan that you are stronger than him politically in the niger delta, you are spending all state funds for apc presidential election…we are in port harcourt waiting for you on the 28 th of march, you will see how we will reject you and your party…you are not a nice person…you are every ungrateful to the odili’s despite all what they did for you…I remember how you used to stay in their BQ in just 1997, when I was in uniport….you don’t bite the fingers that fed you

• oversabi

March 15, 2015 at 6:47 pm

Thank you oh jare. Pedagogy of the Oppressed is what Amaechi is trying to rewrite here. Go and pay Rivers State salary and stop hanging out with people who only value you for what you look like and can give them this minute – i.e., Rivers State Civil servants’ unpaid salaries. You think you have new friends? Friends are those who know you when you aint got – in your -. Friends are those who have pointed out ya wickedness. You no longer have age mates for friends so you have now resorted to consorting with small small boys wey ya first son wan reach for age? Small small children – you are now Mr Happy Birthday. PAY CIVIL SERVANTS NOW!

• Beeeee

March 16, 2015 at 9:09 am

Thank you jare, well said….and please he was not elected…he stumbled upon it. That is the reason why he can show such disregard for the Rivers people. He did not campaign, no one voted for him…it was a court ruling. The man has no heart.

• tito

March 16, 2015 at 2:16 pm

I just wish you guys will leave wetin dem write for motor enter motor. A young man is being celebrated for sheer hard work and innovativeness , and all you can talk about is Amaechi, Amaechi and Amaechi. Come to think of it….. How many of you really know the isues on the court… The state judiciary staff are on strike… Civil servants not paid….and PDP no begin use am sing? Check your facts please.

• TruthISALLWeNeed

May 20, 2015 at 1:27 pm

Blame Peter Odili and his dancing wife Mary, they ruined Rivers. God will not forgive them except they confess. Who doesn’t know what Amaechi was when he was in Uniport? You won’t hear it from me but he will surely meet his comeuppance in the near future. His cup is definitely full.

7. Kunle

March 15, 2015 at 6:28 pm

Please is Isoken ogiewmonyi and adebola Williams dating? Can somebody answer me…because this body language is very suspicious

• laila

March 15, 2015 at 6:34 pm

Yes they are dating. BN mentioned it last week. I’m feeling them as a couple!

8. Kunle

March 15, 2015 at 6:37 pm

Wish them all the best. Arese is a lovely person, so I believe her sister will be cool too

• sika

March 15, 2015 at 9:27 pm

it doesnt work like that im afraid.

9. tutu

March 15, 2015 at 7:56 pm

I’m not feeling this new found love between Arese and Toke. I love Arese too much!

• Olori Tari

March 16, 2015 at 1:39 am

It is not a ‘new’ found love. Not in anyway a new found love. If you know, you know!

You are welcome ^ ^

• Ebony

March 16, 2015 at 9:19 am

No new friends.

• Ebony

March 16, 2015 at 9:20 am

No new friends. They’ve been close pals for agessss

10. kelechi

March 15, 2015 at 7:58 pm

All these yeye governors!

11. ...just saying

March 15, 2015 at 8:12 pm

Lol! This party confirms my thoughts on the 100 most influential women’s list….All their friends they put on the list are at the party…biased much

12. Kenny Jossy

March 15, 2015 at 8:20 pm

See Amechi shoe and belt no get head, e bi like hausa man way dey hawk suya. All the moni way them don steal ZERO fashion sense. Na wa for some 9ja men she.

13. Peyton

March 15, 2015 at 9:42 pm

I remember when someone said that these guys had been paid by Amaechi hmmmmn. Amaechi If truly you owe your workers salaries please go and pay up. It was highly irresponsible for Apc to have made a current sitting Governor their campaign manager It shows you how deep in we are . Amaechi please do the honourable thing and go back to your state And fix the issues that lie there. I truly feel sad for this country.

14. LILO

March 15, 2015 at 10:40 pm

Maje…come get your wife yo before she follow Amechi enter private plane

15. AfroBlue

March 15, 2015 at 11:13 pm

These people are forever on twitter/facebook decrying the state of Nigeria yet they jump at the chance to be wined and dined by feckless politicians.

• TruthISALLWeNeed

May 20, 2015 at 1:38 pm

They are idiots! The so called youths are worse than the generation before them. They just want to shout and be noticed! And then viola they have made and they will running on tarmacs hopping from Lagos to Port Harcourt all the time. Its a big shame really.

16. Godspower

March 15, 2015 at 11:14 pm

I am vindicated now…I remember when I said amaechi paid some of these youths and lodge them in intercontinental hotel in Lagos , many people were insulting me…I said I have facts and proof, but if I speak, they will know where it’s coming from…but God knows, please vote your conscience and leave all these packaging and rebranding of a certain candidate…these people are after their personal interest …youths please open your eyes and vote, leave packaging alone….

17. Kunle

March 15, 2015 at 11:16 pm

Very true…someone actually listed names on this blog last month, of some certain youths that where paid by amaechi…now this is adding up, and some people were insulting the person….

18. Shola

March 15, 2015 at 11:19 pm

@ just saying, did you not know how Lagos is before, they just share so called for all their friends,…..please hard working women out there, keeping doing what you are doing to lift yourself and family, you don’t need so called validation…

19. Elect

March 15, 2015 at 11:25 pm

This election have made politicians start respecting youths….amaechi go to ur state and pay salary don’t be a wicked man…..we will expect that as the son of a poor man, u will treat people from poor home differently …still u r still wicked to them…if odili’ was wicked to you, will you be where you are today…remember the days of humble beginning

20. hatersgonate

March 15, 2015 at 11:49 pm

noble, this yoruba outfit does you more favours than any other thing Ive seen you wear

21. Noble (http://www.lagosconvo.com)

March 15, 2015 at 11:55 pm

I love Chude and Debola a lot. These guys inspire me!

22. stephanie

March 16, 2015 at 7:38 am

I reserve my opinion about whatever politics may or may not be going on here. Not everything has to be so deep guys. My own is the actual party. It looks crowded and stuffy and ALL the guys appear to have a pot belly. Even Debola who I wouldn’t believe is just 30!! They even have studio lights in the room…I don’t understand.

23. Beeeee

March 16, 2015 at 8:58 am

BN, Timipre Silva is not the Governor of Bayelsa State, he is the former governor.

24. Ebony

March 16, 2015 at 9:22 am

BB = BN Blunder.
    Timipre Sylva is “former/ex” governor of Bayelsa state.

25. dearestzee

March 16, 2015 at 10:06 am

Happy birthday Debola omo Willy,LLNP.Good to see you shine

26. akpan nkere

March 16, 2015 at 11:13 am

Amaechi is not owing civil servants,cross check your facts before embarassing yourselves..judiciary are on strike because of lack of respect for the rule of law by the National judicial council,who wants to foist a junior judge on the state Mrs Okocha..it has nothing to do with amaechi..

27. akpan nkere

March 16, 2015 at 11:19 am

What is wrong in amaechi been closed to young people?throwing birthday party for a friend should be applauded an not be envious about…especially since de are not from the same place..it helps to engender unity across tribes

• $exyD

March 16, 2015 at 1:46 pm

Welcome Mr. Akpan Onise, you are truly facing your job…but you came too late to mop Amaechis vomit.

• Ann

March 16, 2015 at 4:25 pm

He is owing civil servants their salaries. Go and find out, at least I reside in Ph.

28. Yes?

March 16, 2015 at 2:38 pm

Ok Toke! Now we see how you got entry into that private jet! hehehe

• Tokunbo

March 20, 2015 at 9:23 am

Toke and Noble… same jet, same day both sitting in different corners like they were the only ones on board. tehehe

29. Someone Naughty

March 16, 2015 at 3:46 pm

30. Yoma Victor

March 16, 2015 at 4:42 pm

Sadly for many young people commenting here, you lose the plot so bad that I feel terrible and frustrated with my generation.

How can we jump into a post with so much misinformed anger and everyone is going on and on spewing hate?

Amaechi is not perfect, but has he performed well? Please leave here and go to his state, HE has performed well! The other day, pictures of schools in his state was all over twitter, and many said it was a lie, yet they have never visited PH. It took Linda Ikeji posting it to verify before they got hundreds saying it was true. Ameachi can do better, but to lump all the rubbish insults you guys are lumping on him has nothing to do with him. It says more about you. He throws a party for a protégé of his and rather than all of us celebrating greatness in the young man, we are blinding insulting Amaechi, isn’t that why politicians don’t take us serious? Since we do not act nor speak with a depth of knowledge.

Many here keep saying Amaechi hasn’t paid salaries have no idea how states make money,you do not know that many states in Nigeria haven’t paid salaries for months because the federal govt frittered away the nation’s resources and now many states, both pdp and apc states are owing their workers. Of course I blame all the governors, except Fashola who has developed IGR to the point where lagos doesn’t depend on federal allocation. That is where I will blame someone like Amaechi for not aggressively pursuing that area, so they don’t depend on govt.

I believe when we talk like this, we generate respect from our elders and we are given a seat to listen to. All this hate, beef, and ill-advised jealously won’t take us anywhere.

Happy 29th Adebola.

He doesn’t know me, but I’ve followed their work and I am inspired by what he represents. I am older and feel truly challenged to do more.

God bless Nigeria.

• bb

March 16, 2015 at 8:11 pm

You are a despicable person. People like you call red, blue. I am from Rivers state (papa, mama, grand mama, grand papa, na we get ph). After Lagos, Rivers state has the highest igr (10 billion a month) mind you the population is just 7million. IGR + Federal allocation = 35 billion naira a month yet Amaechi has nothing to show for it. Who told you the schools in Rivers State look like that, don’t be fooled. Why does Amaechi’s kids not attend those schools , instead they attend School in the UK. Amaechi is a disgrace.
      Oromunike, Harbor Road, Holy Rosary, Enitonia, Baptist High School, Township School. These are the top public schools in Port harcourt, some of them are 40-60 years old. They have no roof, no desk, students study outside under trees. I don’t know why people believe rubbish, we are suffering in PH. WE ARE SUFFERING, SAVE OUR SOULS, AMAECHI GO AND PAY SALARIES!

• nwanyi na aga aga

March 17, 2015 at 10:07 am

Dont make me curse you for blaming Amaechi’s wickedness and ineptitude on the Federal Government.. Please if you want to lie, lie well..After Lagos state, River State has the highest IGR, no dey craze o, Anambra state is not owing state workers with their IGR as small as e be, you re here excusing Amaechi for using Rivers State money to sponsor APC..For any Rivers persons that votes in APC shame on your conscience if you see what Amaechi is offering you guys now as change..Anyway I dont blame their Adebola, Chude, Noble and co, they are all hypocrites..wolves in sheep’s clothing if they had any iota of shame in their heart they will reject whatever Amaechi is offering but then, they re Nigerians selfishness and greed is their lot..Who no wan chop?Change my foot!

• Tokunbo

March 20, 2015 at 9:28 am

BEST ENGLISH WRITTEN SO FAR…

• Tokunbo

March 20, 2015 at 9:33 am

HAD TO LIKE YOUR COMMENT FROM 17- 101

• TruthISALLWeNeed

May 20, 2015 at 1:28 pm

Shut your trap up you idiot! How much of Amaechi do you know?

31. letty

March 16, 2015 at 5:35 pm

I never see his wife anywhere around!!!

32. Woods baba

March 16, 2015 at 5:55 pm

So Now apart from using our money for campaign Amechi is also using to throw parties for people. Kirkir cell block 4 shall be your potion come may 29

33. Modele

March 16, 2015 at 7:05 pm

Gov Rotimi Amechi’s belly makes me to feel uneasy. It is not healthy having a pot belly like this.
    I will not allow this to happen to my husband.

• kina

March 17, 2015 at 4:27 pm

hahahahahahaaaaaahahahhahaha, what a relief to see your comment with all the hate and arguments and frustrated comments by frustrated Nigerians, its nice to have some comic relief. What a random comment. Of everything na hin belle you see? heheheheheheh. Thanks. I thought his belly is worrying too. Gross as well.

34. Mimi

March 19, 2015 at 9:14 am

Is Adebola and Isoken dating???

• Tokunbo

March 20, 2015 at 9:25 am

Correct: ARE Adebola and Isoken dating? not IS dear sorry but i always feel an oversabi need to correct these blunders.

35. Esosa

March 20, 2015 at 9:37 am

Make una dey drink panadol on top NO headache… i am still in shock at Debola’s success ( from hustling in Aguda Surulere to dinning with presidents to be and at JUST 29) More grease to your hardworking elbows. I am older and challenged by your success. Happy Birthday.

Chude and Adebola are a force to be reckoned with and shinning lights to this generation ridden by young people who cannot think for themselves but base their decisions on prejudices from the past. These two tell me in strong words that there is HOPE for my generation.

• TruthISALLWeNeed

May 20, 2015 at 1:34 pm

Dont envy nobody! The devil is in the details, when you know the details of the extent some people go just to ‘make it’ and be famous, you will shudder. You don’t just hustle today and start to dine with the powerful tomorrow, sometimes a lot of water has to pass under the bridge first.

36. TruthISALLWeNeed

May 20, 2015 at 1:32 pm

Why is this man hobnobbing with small boys? These boys were born the same year that Amaechi graduated from the University of Port Harcourt! Shameless man and for that idiot to say ”I call him uncle,,,,,,” really? Do the two of you share any relationship at all? Idiots