Career

Are You Between the Ages of 18-45 with a New & Amazing Business Idea? Then Take Part in This Year’s Edition of ‘YouWin!’ Now!

gej & co

The Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria (YouWiN!) programme is a product of President Goodluck Jonathan’s commitment to creating jobs by harnessing the power of the country’s large and growing youth population to grow the economy.

YouWiN! is an initiative of the Federal Government to create jobs by encouraging the Nigerian youth to employ others through innovation and enterprise. Launched by President Goodluck Jonathan in October 2011, YouWiN!, now in its 4th edition is an annual business plan competition which culminates in the selection of 1,500 award winners (1200 in the 1st and 2nd editions) spread across the country to receive grants to either start new businesses or grow existing ones. In addition to financial support, the programme provides entrepreneurship training, business mentoring and monitoring.

gej

The YouWiN! Programme is being implemented by the Federal Ministry of Finance headed by Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala with support from the Federal Ministries for Communication Technology, Women Affairs and Youth Development. In addition, the programme also partners with the World Bank, the UK Department for International Development and Nigeria’s organized private sector.

youwin3

The 4th edition of the program tagged ‘YouWiN! 4’ was launched on 17 November,2014 with the application window open for prospective beneficiaries to submit their concept notes through the YouWiN! program website- www.youwin.org.ng. The programme is open to Nigerian citizens aged 18-45 years with promising new business ideas or expansion plans for an existing business, which primarily should result in the creation of jobs. The application window for the 4th edition (YouWiN!4) is open until Sunday, 15 March 2015.

youwin2

Testimonial:
Bimlack Jimon– CEO Delight Oil, Taraba State Sector: Agriculture,YouWIN! 1 Awardee

youwin4

“Farming on a commercial scale was really a mirage for me, it was something I could only dream about.
One of the difficulties I faced was the lack of funds to make my dreams come true, however YouWIN! has changed my perspective of doing business as a result of the funding, monitoring and mentoring. I am now developing over 100 hectares of oil palm plantation and have installed a 20-ton vegetable oil processing plant with 18 permanent staff on the job. YouWIN! has really shaped my business as an agro-entrepreneur. Today I can say with certainty that the mirage and dreams I had before YouWiN! have now become reality. The YouWiN programme has helped me create employment, generate wealth and contribute to the GDP of this great country – Nigeria”.

Advertorial– Sponsored Content

1. Ebony

March 11, 2015 at 1:00 pm

I know someone that benefited from the last one. Dude is so proud now, with all the banks chasing him and what-not.
    Long live Nigeria

2. Banjo

March 11, 2015 at 1:17 pm

Wow nice, but this is about to close. Nevertheless, is never too late.

3. Grace

March 11, 2015 at 2:13 pm

I have being nursing this business idea for so long and believing that some day I will get out there and be recognized now seeing this picture of Ajima, just got me so encouraged and the current testimony I heard from my close friend whose sister benefited from this platform. I shall make an effort to submit my business plan and see how it goes. God grant me favour.

4. NagosBigBoi

March 11, 2015 at 5:41 pm

BN, the morally right convention is to put the “sponsored content” at the top, not at the bottom. Make una no do like those anyhow blogs…..y’all have a good name to maintain.

• BellaNaija.com

March 11, 2015 at 5:50 pm

BN has pioneered the labelling of “Sponsored Content” online within the African online space. Since we started accepting sponsored content over 5 years ago, it has been clearly labelled and we will continue to do so. While we do not agree that Sponsored Content needs to be at top, we appreciate your feedback and will explore ways to ensure the label is visible.

• mrs chidukane

March 11, 2015 at 5:56 pm

@Nagos, my husband’s cousin said someone gave a testimony in his church last year that he benefitted from this. I think it’s legit sha.

• NagosBigBoi

March 11, 2015 at 7:05 pm

My sister, I have heard people affirm its legitimacy too and I enjoyed reading it. However, I just would have liked to know beforehand that it was sponsored content (rather than seeing it at the very end). This could have easily been a report from a journalist.

Many thanks BN! I been think say una no go post my comment because it was not complimentary to you guys. Keep up the good work of informing and entertaining.

• Lee

March 12, 2015 at 9:43 pm

It’s 100% legit. A friend of mine won 8 Million last year.

5. PD Young Billionaire

March 12, 2015 at 4:31 am

A friend of mine benefited from the previous prgramme too.She has started running a poultry farm now.

6. Ifeanyi

March 12, 2015 at 1:28 pm

The Role of Government and its Primary responsibility is the Security of Lives and Properties. Second of which is the Provision of Public Goods i.e Electricity, Bridges e.t.c
    – Adam Smith ‘Wealth of Nations’.

Government do not exist to Fund Private Business. As much as I understand the realities of living in Nigeria, I believe in the long run…this is not the way to go! A lot of money would be used to fund private enterprises and that is not in the interest of Nigeria. There is a huge infrastructural deficiency and it is this same ‘stomach infrastructure’ we are still hailing as a welcome development.

Let us not get it confused. Don’t be surprised if 75% of these businesses do no make it after 5 years – no matter how much you say ‘it is not my portion’.

I ask, then, whose portion is it?’