Music

Charly Boy Calls GEJ & GMB ‘Miserable Choices’ for Presidential Elections

Charly Boy New Pictures (1)Charly Boy said recently that Nigeria needs a ‘benevolent dictator’ and a lot of people took it to mean he was endorsing APC presidential candidate General Muhammadu Buhari (GMB).

However, in this Facebook note, he stated GMB and PDP candidate, President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan (GEJ) are both ‘miserable choices’ for Nigerians.

Here’s the essay,

Since the past two weeks my phone has been ringing off the hook. My associates and friends are shocked at what was purported as a Muhammadu Buhari’s endorsement by The Brand, Charly Boy. Haba, who dash them?

Looking at the campaign so far, I am so pained and ashamed of how low we have sunk. It’s no more about the issues that threaten the future of our youths and our country but the obnoxious, petty, childish mudslinging of the parties trying to outdo themselves. Kai!

In the article that I personally posted on my Facebook, I talked about a benevolent dictator, one who would come and kick some ass of all the people responsible for our pitiful situation because quite frankly, we the followers are weak with fear and guilty of inaction.

Even though I’m aware of Buhari’s antecedents, I don’t believe he can pull this off. Obviously I believe that age will lead him to compromise on many fronts and that’s not what is needed at this time, aside the fact that some wolves are in bed with him. Will he become the sheep?

As for Goodluck, I know he is a jolly good fellow who really doesn’t want stress but has allowed himself to be surrounded by very funny characters who have no interest of the country at heart but their own bottomless pockets. Is Luck running out on him or this is another government magic in making?

As for me Charly Boy, these are very miserable choices and for that reason for once in my life, out of deep frustration, I prefer to sit on the fence. It is called Sidon look.

I no go lie, I tire. Hoping that the favour of God will see us through all this.

My heart goes out to the suffering masses and the youths of this country, who have no dreams to dream anymore, no leaders to follow and no values to aspire to. The youths of this country are dying in the quicksand of hopelessness and frustration. The few good people left are finding it extremely difficult to hang on to the values they grew up with that defined their character, because this is a country where honesty is looked at as stupidity and integrity, as being mumu-rized.

See how greed, selfishness and corruption have eaten up every sense of reason; every sense of responsibility. Many young people have been abandoned by fathers who are madly engaged in the losing battle of survival; many mothers have been pulled away from their natural hearts of compassion, family values and love in confusion. They wonder constantly, tempted by promises made by heartless and ruthless men drunk on blood money.

Oh God, who will bail the cat? This is all a bad dream; I wish I could wake up!

OhhhhNaija! It is hard to imagine the level of deception and power drunkenness within our government and leadership. Round after round of unimaginable afflictions poured out on the people like vials from hell’s darkest parts. No compassion on the poor, suffering masses. Jesus!

Where we dey go?

Untold poverty from the south to the north, through the east to the west, even in this poverty, we stand disunited, why? What proof do we still need to ask questions about our destination and to start to remedy the mistakes we have made through our insane greed, as we sing, clap and dance for those riffraff’s responsible for this iniquity? God go punish dem.

Kai! Naija, where nobody send anybody! Government chop alone, masses on their own.

My God, I need to wake up from this nightmare that has held me paralyzed in my dream!

What can take this pain away, what can sanitize our decayed minds, what can make it well for us again? Which way Naija?

Someone, please say something before I craze…

1. Bee

March 20, 2015 at 1:02 pm

succinctly said, I just however dont agree with the siddon look choice.. I believe APC and PDP are not the only two parties contesting and I have decided to cast my votes for the other parties..

• EllesarisEllendil

March 20, 2015 at 8:04 pm

The problem with your choice though is that a vast majority of people will vote for the two main contenders. If like me you are posting with your generator haven not had light for weeks. It is obvious that you’ll want to send a message of your unhappiness.
      Obviously this election is between GMB and GEJ, so by voting for one of the “mushrooms”, you are aiding the incumbent because his loyalists will vote en-masse for him regardless of Mr Boy’s view. So GMB can’t afford to lose the “angry” vote.
      If you are truly unhappy with this regime then send a message by voting for the only viable challenger and if he messes up, in 2019 vote him or his party(Incase he only runs once) out!!!

2. nwa nna

March 20, 2015 at 1:21 pm

I agree with Charly boy about our choices of presidential candidates, but the fact remains that Nigeria needs a leader with focus and clarity which GEJ administration is lacking. I’ve always had my reservations about some of the characters that GMB is associating with i.e Tinubu, Amechi, Saraki etc but what I’ve learnt is that politics makes for very strange bed fellows and if this is what it’ll take to put Nigeria on an upwards trajectory so be it.
    I personally don’t think GMB can solve all the ills of Nigeria overnight or during his term if elected, but he can set a better sail for Nigeria in terms of the direction because all Nigeria needs is a leader with vision and the guts to proceed with it.
    Sure GMB will have to compromise in some areas, but the one thing that remains is that he’s a person of good character & integrity even with his flaws which is what the present administration is lacking..

• oluchy

March 20, 2015 at 2:13 pm

I agree with you concerning the points that you raised. Some people prefer to be with the devil that they know than the angel that they do not know while others have fears of the unknown.

• beebee

March 23, 2015 at 12:30 am

People should stop this useless analogy. How ever can the devil ever be a better option for an angel, even if you don’t know the angel. How can one ever think of supporting a devil! How can one ever prefer the devil than an angel in any given circumstance. The devil is what he is, an angel will always be what it is, whether you know them or not; it doesn’t change their personalities or what they do or represent..

Be careful what you believe and accept in life. Some of these analogies we see being used are from the pit of hell!

3. Naijababeii

March 20, 2015 at 1:26 pm

no craze abeg, dis one way u dey call GOD i think say u be sa………..tan. Any Charles go do u civic right and leave d rest to BABA GOD

4. mjay

March 20, 2015 at 1:55 pm

Charlie, if you do Sidon look, me do Sidon look, the country go do sidon look oo, I totally agree with you, me too tire but because I must not do Sidon look, na gej I go give make you self check am na

5. Pretenseslayer

March 20, 2015 at 2:52 pm

Thank you Charly boy! GEJ and GMB are 2 miserable choices. I have said it before and will say it again. More like having to choose between 2 rapists or asking what is the difference between Satan and Devil? Let me quote a Facebook friend who said thus ”the PDP is a lost cause, and the evil people in the APC, the “opposition” bleating change are part and parcel of the rot that we are all complaining about. How anyone can stand these criminals, let alone believe them is a mystery. They are either clueless or they are in the payroll of our traducers. Ask your change agents where their children and grand children are; abroad, enjoying what other elites enjoy routinely abroad. The painful thing is that Nigerians truly need relief. Our young people need relief from the PDP and the APC and their insincere intellectual sidekicks. I have bad news for them; it won’t happen this month. March 28 won’t change anythin g regardless of who gets there. It won’t happen for a long time – until we all get up angry, take pitchforks and chase Babangida, Tinubu, Buhari, Obasanjo, Goodluck, Oyegun, Atiku, Anenih, etc. etc. off our lives. Until then, let’s all be chanting, “Change.” The appearance of it is soothing; it keeps us from doing the dirty work. Who wants to work? Life is too short!

6. http://xplorenollywood.blogspot.com

March 20, 2015 at 3:08 pm

This just opened my eyes further. The other day i thought of our choices and while we want a difference, is the opposition really the difference we so desire! Its truly food for thought! If we knew the candidates of the other parties, my vote will obviously go to them, but no word, not a single word from them asides the woman (dont know here name sef!) who people know off because she’s the only female candidate. If we had the Pat Utomi’s, Chris Okotie and Aisha forgotten her surname running, would we vote for them? another food for thought. Hmmm…

7. ATL's finest

March 20, 2015 at 3:12 pm

Failure is when U try, fall and get back up not when U haven’t tried at all. So Mr. Charlie or whichever way he categorize himself, try and run a campaign let’s see how far U can go!!

8. Chris Nomjov

March 20, 2015 at 4:51 pm

As much as it makes sense that both leading contenders aren’t carrying ‘lighter’ baggages; I still think we need to go out and vote, regardless. It is often said, that a good man, who folds his hand amidst evil, is as much bad, if not worse. We need to realise that our actions and inactions (including the willingness to be a ‘fencist’) contributes in no small part to the society. Imagine, if we all take such stance and elections don’t hold, and the whole system is shutdown or we are all stuck in with ‘managing’ a bad administration, when we can take the risk of trying other hands, at leadership. I do not canvass for any of Buhari or Jonathan, but I urge us all to go out and stand by what we’ve seen in a promising government or choose what we believe, are potentials of a new government. But by all means, let’s determine the choices we’d eventually have to settle for in the next four years.

9. NagosBigBoi

March 20, 2015 at 5:45 pm

Sitting on the fence is nonsense. Elections are not about “absolutes” they are about “relatives”.
    To most people one candidate is relatively better than the other by some measure which is important to them. And they plan to vote for that relatively better candidate.
    I urge anyone who wants the best for this country to VOTE FOR SOMEBODY. There has to be one out of the 14 on the ballot that is better than the rest.

10. Miss Style

March 20, 2015 at 7:16 pm

This is the best picture I’ve ever seen of this man. Please I want to know who the photographer is.

11. lol

March 20, 2015 at 7:52 pm

damn! we didn’t know thank you.
    we know we know since no other candidate came up. I will take GMB cause i will never vote GEJ THE PUPPET OF NIGERIAN POLITICIANS. At least i know GMB cants be controlled.

12. mama ojugbele

March 20, 2015 at 9:43 pm

I hate ur look and how u show urself u are complaining about our leader can u see ur self at ur age what can d youth u are yearning for learn from u as an African man nothing just dey look come Monday u will see d star showing d man of d people

13. nnenne

March 20, 2015 at 11:52 pm

Nah today?
    For reasons best known to our Godfathers, Nigerian political parties have always offered us miserable choices. The mafia!
    The sad thing is that we have many qualified people who can run for elections from all the corners of Naija!

14. nnenne

March 21, 2015 at 12:03 am

GEJ, is the only outsider so far. Is that why all these forces are against him?
    The way people scream corruption in this regime, you would think he wasted Nigerian oil bomb money. Upon all the money Abacha took no one made as much noise as they are making now.
    When APC was shouting change, I thought they were serious . Not knowing it’s old wine recycled.
    GEJ all the way.

15. ella

March 21, 2015 at 3:44 am

Lolesttt! Well said right there. Sidon dey look isn’t d way forward either but I understand that d political drama in this country can be exhausting sha! so anyone that takes d Sidon dey look approach can be excused Jo! For me and my family we will give Uncle Jona our vote again.Its left for him to decide how he wants to be remembered after his tenure as president. I am a youth of this country without a Job yet but I still see brighter hope in GEJ 2nd term in office for the Nigerian youth.

16. Moses

March 21, 2015 at 8:31 am

What u don’t know is there will be no 2019 if GMB wins because Gboko Haram would have declared Nigeria caliphate

17. coke

March 23, 2015 at 8:17 am

dear Charley boy, you can calm down now please.