Style

Exclusive: Toke Makinwa Looks Glam for the 2nd Edition of BM|Pro Covers

Toke-Makinwa-BellaNaija-BMPro (2)A couple of weeks ago we brought you the very first edition of the BM|Pro covers with Lola Omotayo-Okoye (click here if you missed it) and now the second edition is out with media personality Toke Makinwa looking glammed up on the cover.

Makeup Expert Banke Meshida-Lawal  shares her experience working with Toke Makinwa on this project. She says:

“Toke has risen steadily in her endeavors over the years and obviously enjoys what she does, especially the dressup part. Pulling her off set to come sit for her BMPRO Makeover was something I have wanted to do for quite a while. I wasn’t disappointed as she was such a good sport, came on time, animatedly told me she looooved her “falsies”- a pair only the Bold would venture near. Continuously soaring in her career, she is one to watch. Critics, Opinions, Advice are an integral part of life in front of the camera. Like fine wine, she has gotten better and it’s obvious Toke learns every day!”

For the shoot the creative director was Yomi Black and the shoot was photographed by BigH Studios.

Toke-Makinwa-BellaNaija-BMPro (1)

Look out for future editions of BM|Pro Covers on www.bellanaija.com/beauty!

Model: Toke Makinwa | instagram.com/tokemakinwa
Makeup: Banke Meshida-Lawal | instagram.com/banksbmpro
Photography: Big H Studios | instagram.com/bighstudios
Creative Director: Yomi Black | instagram.com/yomiblack

1. qu33n

March 12, 2015 at 9:49 am

Pretty!

2. Berry Dakara

March 12, 2015 at 10:01 am

The makeup is GORGEOUS!!!

3. sisieko

March 12, 2015 at 10:54 am

Lovely

4. puzzles

March 12, 2015 at 11:18 am

BM, can u be my make-up artist on my wedding day? (she says in faith cos the bros neva show)

5. Zeal

March 12, 2015 at 11:24 am

Wow *inWakeupcallvoice* this is fantabulous, chai! but Banke you too cost o for people like me wey wan be like you, how wen go do na *sadace*

6. mimi

March 12, 2015 at 11:32 am

the makeup is fab and the photographer is the BOMB!! bighstudios the boss himself!!!!

7. Sugar

March 12, 2015 at 11:37 am

Toke has become a brand you like it or not. I like her ibo spirit hustling mentality…..She pushed herself out there and keeps rising. Toke Tokeeeeeee sensible girl of Nigeria

8. dearestzee

March 12, 2015 at 11:57 am

flawless,cute Toke

9. Anon

March 12, 2015 at 12:31 pm

Love the hues of gold.

10. Tosin

March 12, 2015 at 12:34 pm

This whole make-up thing.

I know white people use it especially on stage to keep from ghosting with the stage lights. I know performers use it esp on stage to create the effects they need, to change their looks, highlight features, all that. It’s an amazing tool! You can make a person look like what you want with the clever use of makeup working with the lights, working with the distance and angle from which the face will be viewed.

But away from stage, I do not know why black people do it. I do not know why women remove their eyebrows then start drawing them back. I do not know why faces are the new canvas squares to be fretted over and painted over and composed into blocks of every colour on the wheel. A lot I don’t know. Scary.

Sometimes I see makeup on a person and think – why? Not every time, but sometimes.

Sometimes I see a lady in her twenties all done up like she’s lost, doesn’t know who she’s copying or why.

Comic relief: sometimes further downstream from the temples of fashion, soooo pass New York and LA, pass the urban villages in Lekki and on BellaNaija, check the aspiring women e.g. in Ogun State, I see the finez girlz do their own version on the heyebrow on-fleeking, because all you need is some yellow rectangle around the brows, then smear black on the hairy part. Seen this twice now, I didn’t even have the heart to say wtf happened sweetie?

Why do you like this stuff?

11. blah blah

March 12, 2015 at 12:35 pm

But she’s not Ibo. So what’s the IBO spirit husbtlig mentality? Ibos hustle. Yoruba hustle. Hausas hustle. Nigerians hustle. Every good thing in Nigeria must be Igbo sha. You guys need to chill with the delusions of grandeur.
    Toke love you will only get better. BN she is one of ynaija’s 100 influential women in Nigeria. Have you guys done a post on that?

• Sugar

March 12, 2015 at 2:33 pm

My dear, go to Alaba market or Balogun market and compare how Ibo pple hustle to yoruba people hustle. There is a great difference. Why do you think ibo people are successful in business?? Go and do your research.

• Nuna

March 12, 2015 at 4:25 pm

Please calm ur tits! There’s nobody who would mistake Toke for Ibo. Even her name sef. She clearly used it figuratively.

• Sugar

March 12, 2015 at 5:41 pm

Olodo, read the conversation thread and digest, in case you need a dictionary to help you out then reach for your shelf. I can help you out to understand better anyway………
      What we’re saying is that Toke has an hustling spirit which depicts that of an ibo person she’s a brand and she worked her way through it. Nobody said she’s ibo!!!!!!!!!!!

12. justdeywakapass

March 12, 2015 at 12:36 pm

TOO MUCH PHOTOSHOP. THE NORMAL CONTOURS, LINES AND CURVES OF THE FACE AND NECK ARE GONE. MAKES HER LOOK LIKE PLASTIC

13. queen bee

March 12, 2015 at 12:49 pm

YEEPAH photo edit of laife, however very lovely kudos to u @ BMpro

14. @edDREAMZ

March 12, 2015 at 1:08 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Those lips are – melting my soul i swear…..
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

15. juju benga

March 12, 2015 at 1:21 pm

all you haters…. please show me your photographic skills oh!!! ah ahan you cant just appreciate someone hardwork chai!!!! God is truely watching you oh!!!

16. oy

March 12, 2015 at 1:47 pm

well-blended. lovely

17. Beeeee

March 12, 2015 at 2:08 pm

Kai….beautiful and Lady Toke is just gorgeous….

18. tunmi

March 12, 2015 at 2:20 pm

The second image I like, the first one makes her face devoid of angles (think plate or ballon). I love the second picture, methinks it should have been the cover pic

19. jummai

March 12, 2015 at 3:09 pm

Story for the gods, what ever makes every one happy.

20. hawttalkwithtosan.blogspot.ca

March 12, 2015 at 3:41 pm

Maje be laughing and thinking – my wife looks nothing like that!

21. lol

March 12, 2015 at 4:15 pm

Bm’s work is quite bland. No vavavoom. Too weddingly. #my opinion.

22. jojo

March 12, 2015 at 4:37 pm

Lovel makeup. go Toke
    Love the gold one. Now we need a how t0

23. Seriously

March 12, 2015 at 9:26 pm

Na wa o, what people call beautiful makeup. The makeup showing around her mouth area is just too much. I guess, the more cakey, obvious it looks, it’s good makeup. Most of this makeup look clownish especially in person. Photoshop helps with the illusion. With all the contouring, highlight four pounds of makeup, feathery eye extension, lip pump, transformation things. I will choose natural bare face. And for makeup, minimal makeup to enhance your features not change you completely.

24. Allergic to BS

March 13, 2015 at 8:36 pm

@tosin
    Your – and unenlightened simple!

• Tosin

March 14, 2015 at 5:32 pm

a lot i don’t know.
      i do know you’re selling plastic surgery next. hey, it’s all good 🙂