Scoop

Ini Edo, Joseph Benjamin & Venita Akpofure star in ‘While You Slept’ | Watch Trailer

While-You-Slept-Ini-Edo-Venita-Akpofure-Joseph-BenjaminNollywood movie stars Ini Edo, Joseph Benjamin, Venita Akpofure, Bobby Michaels and more are the lead stars of ‘While You Slept’.

The movie, produced by Emem Isong, was written by Kehinde Joseph and Chiji Vivians and the movie was directed by Desmond Elliot.

Plot: Shot in Lagos, ‘While You Slept’ is about a lady, Amaka Okoro whose life has been turned upside down when Najite, a mysterious stranger shows up claiming to be the secret wife of Emeka…Amaka’s late husband.

Watch the trailer below!

1. Shao

March 17, 2015 at 3:58 pm

Too much shouting. Do we need to live in this stereotype of “a loud nigerian?”

2. Ebony

March 17, 2015 at 3:59 pm

Venita. Seems like she acts well and brought a different vibe

3. @edDREAMZ

March 17, 2015 at 4:17 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Oky gud to knw….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

4. kina

March 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm

What is this – now? this Royal Arts don’t know the word evolution? when are we going to go past this style of story telling and film-making. And whats with all the shouting. Evolve people the world is seriously leaving you behind. There is absolutely nothing wrong with going back school to school to improve your craft no matter how long you’ve been in the industry. Even if we don’t get it perfectly, this is 2015; our sound design shouldn’t be this bad now!!! ehn!!
    mcheww!! I’m so frustrated with Nollywood I swear.
    Back to my downloaded series, next stop EMPIRE!!!

5. eyong

March 17, 2015 at 4:58 pm

Didn’t even watch the trailer, already knew what to expect. However, I just one to give ini edo one small crack against that her head. Ini, when will you learn to appropriate your movie posters to the titles or theme? Wetin you and three other girls standing legs spread have to do wih that title? I mean, it baffles me. I’m not hating, but she and rukky sanda are so fund of these horrible movie posters. Mtcheeww. Please, stop trying to do everything yourselves film business is team work, get learned professionals who can do it justice and stop being greedy. Greed is the number one reason Nollywood is stagnant

6. bee

March 17, 2015 at 5:31 pm

ummm… has anyone watched the hollywood movie while you were sleeping… I smell a serious similarity. besides all the shouting.

7. hawttalkwithtosan.blogspot.ca

March 17, 2015 at 5:40 pm

Yawn

8. Dolly

March 17, 2015 at 7:29 pm

I swear EMEM ISONG and co need a sabbatical, they are freaking tired!

• Loliita

March 19, 2015 at 8:25 am

From just one trailer?! Na wa for you o! IWhich Royal Arts film is tired? I loved Knocking on Heaven’s Door, Lagos Cougars and Champagne! This one looks promising. I’m going to watch it with my BFF.

9. amy

March 17, 2015 at 8:52 pm

Am never a fan of nollywood…. Always ashamed watching wat these adults act

10. Say the truth

March 17, 2015 at 9:16 pm

Can you please tell all these DSLR filmmakers that they can’t use only one lens for a whole movie? Also, why all the shouting?

11. nene

March 17, 2015 at 9:58 pm

mba!

12. tunmi

March 17, 2015 at 11:22 pm

I steer clear of anything involving the technical work of Desmond Elliot

• Cvizier

March 18, 2015 at 3:31 am

I want to love your comment 10billion times. Royal arts started a steep decline when Desmond joined the team. His storylines are so wack, His production skewed and his directional prowess is in doubt. Gosh. I could go on and on and we won’t leave here. They also need to stop recycling the same faces especially that bleached out girl with fake accent and Morris whatever his name is. Nonsense, To think I was rooting for Royal Arts before.

• Nana

March 18, 2015 at 10:00 am

While I do not know about Royal Arts movies and the effect of Desmond on the team, but for the 100th time, Venita did not bleach,there’s even a post on Bella where she talks about her racial heritage. Google things before you type.

• ALert!

March 18, 2015 at 10:44 am

..But anyone can see that the accent is forced

• sunshine

March 20, 2015 at 7:15 am

Tell me about that Morris S-something guy. Dude cannot act to save his life.

13. Omo1

March 18, 2015 at 10:37 am

Nigerian movies always look like exactly what it is, acting! And shouting your guts out doesn’t make better acting.

14. Nollywood Reinvented

March 18, 2015 at 5:57 pm

I hope this movie turns out well and all the scenes in the trailer were not the only good ones in the movie.

15. ......

March 18, 2015 at 7:39 pm

It baffles me..these so called actresses shout to compensate for poor acting….the ini edos, chika ike and uche jumbo the leader of the shouters and face contortionists…and a whole bunch of other mediocre acts..enough already with this nonsense..

• Lateh

March 21, 2015 at 7:22 pm

Tell me about it !’ You have mentioned the real shouters jeez!! I used to like Ini but these days it seems they’re just being themselves instead of acting

16. Ruby

March 19, 2015 at 8:20 am

I dont know what all of you are saying but this looks like a pretty good film! Ini’s acting is real and Venita is a breath of fresh air! Cant wait to watch it when it comes out on Friday! Yaaay!

17. Edwina

February 23, 2016 at 5:59 am

I just saw While You Slept and absolutely loved it. It was a well written and well acted thriller. Ini Edo did her best acting in this film. She is a very passionate actress and the situation her character found herself allowed for Ini to let it all hang out. Venita Akpofure did a wonderful job playing opposite Ini Edo. Her character was a real snake in the grass and Venita’s coolness in her role made her character diabolical. In my opinion this film is one of Nollywood’s best offerings. This is a must see!