Scoop

Juggling Nollywood & Motherhood! Dakore Egbuson Akande Covers Exquisite Magazine’s 78th Issue

Dakore-Akande-Exquisite-Magazine-Bella-Naija (2)The cover star for the latest issue of Exquisite Magazine is Nollywood actress Dakore Akande who looks chic on the cover in a gorgeous Ankara dress.

In the magazine’s new issue Dakore talks about her movie roles, being a brand ambassador, what it takes to be a working mother, wife and role model and so much more.

Dakore-Akande-Exquisite-Magazine-Bella-Naija (4)Dakore-Akande-Exquisite-Magazine-Bella-Naija (5)

She looks stylish in the editorial shoot, styled by Ifeanyi Ifan Michael and photographed by Kelechi Akaniro wearing several Nigerian fashion brands.

Inside the pages of this special mother’s day issue are also letters from readers to their mothers as well as the latest trending fashion report both local and international and more exciting views.

Dakore-Akande-Exquisite-Magazine-Bella-Naija (7) Dakore-Akande-Exquisite-Magazine-Bella-Naija (6)Dakore-Akande-Exquisite-Magazine-Bella-Naija (3)

Credit:
Stylist: Ifeanyi ifan Michael
Photographer: Kelechi Akaniro for Snapfactory
MUA: Onyinye for Zaron

1. temi

March 13, 2015 at 12:26 pm

I love this woman. Though, not her acting o. I just can’t stand her fake American accent biko. Because her popsy lives in NY and she (dakore) born and raised in naija. Her dad “bought” her American accent all the way from America abi?. I just don’t Gerrit. I like her personality. I love how she respects herself but definitely don’t want to hear her speak in movies.

And enough of this “working mom” shenanigans. My parents are both professionals who work almost 7days a week (doctor and nurse practitioner). with 4 kids. They didn’t polongo for the whole world o jare. Ko jekin gboron.

• AMEBO

March 13, 2015 at 1:41 pm

When you have kids and have to combine raising them with a full time job, come back and make this comment. Bare in mind that your mum will not tell you the hassle it was/is for her combining those two roles.

• Dami

March 13, 2015 at 2:31 pm

Dakore doesn’t work full time. She has only done 2 movies since she returned. Omotola should be the one talking about”working moms” 4 kids and countless movies. She didn’t even have parents (her parents) to help.

• Temi

March 13, 2015 at 2:39 pm

Gurlll..I was raised in the US. And you know raising kids in this country is not so easy. Heck, you can’t even leave your kids in the house and go grocery shopping. And is it job I should talk about. When they say nurses and doctors work. They actually do work. Overtime and all that. No house help to help, no mother in law to look after anybody, no parents siblings anywhere. Just us and babysitter for a couple of hours. My parents never for once yell to anybody. I am not saying it is easy. I am just saying she still has helps. Dakore’s mom helps, she has plenty domestic staffs, she doesn’t work everyday of the week. So can we rest already?

• Na Wa

March 13, 2015 at 6:59 pm

And I’m sure you live in America Abi? Because those are the only jobs that Naija people rush for, because they believe that no medicine, no money…

Smh!

• Temi

March 13, 2015 at 9:14 pm

You’re right and wrong. My folks have always been in the field before they dreamt of living in America. My dad was a doctor in Nigeria and my mom a matron. they won’t come to America and change fields. You get?

• nene

March 13, 2015 at 8:10 pm

lmao at the accent. i hate that accent she puts on. but i love her, even though her acting is not good enough most times.

2. kenitola

March 13, 2015 at 12:59 pm

beautiful dakore

3. JADE

March 13, 2015 at 2:09 pm

@ Temi plus she hasnt worked for ages, since she got married she hasnt done any movies so can we please breathe? i love Dakore, shes so classy and elegant but BN abeg make we hear word. Working mom is not a new thing

• beaudonna.blogspot.com

March 13, 2015 at 8:48 pm

Like amebo said, when you have kids come back and make this statement. Plus she does stage plays just in case you are not aware

• Temi

March 14, 2015 at 6:39 pm

Obviously you and Amebo are getting me wrong.
      Dakore has it all.. she has tons of domestic staffs. I doubt she does her laundry or even mop a basic kitchen. If you know what mothers go through in the US. You would scream. They basically run errands my themselve, they’re responsible for their kids (100%). no househelp anywhere. Who even want to apply as somebody’s maid when there are plenty community colleges and unis everwhere in every county. I am not saying it is easy being a mom. What I am trying to make you understand is nigerian mom’s are living the luxury life. They sit in the living room and you hear (madam, food is ready).

4. Maureen

March 13, 2015 at 2:21 pm

She’s beautiful

5. Joyce

March 13, 2015 at 5:36 pm

Some married women in Nigeria amaze me with all this I am very busy, working mother bla, bla, bla, even with all the help and domestic staffs they have. The fact is, she’s doing nothing special for her to blow her trumpet.
    Most mothers in US do much more with no help and do not go about announcing how busy they are.

• Iamwhatiam

March 14, 2015 at 1:54 am

just wait untill the ‘most mothers in US’ gets interviewed.
      The fact is every mum complain of challenges even the stay at home mothers complains of doing all the chores at home and not getting to interact with adult as the working mums.

6. ara

March 14, 2015 at 12:26 am

I am a mom who lives abroad. Its hard combining work and raising kids but i wont say someone isn’t doing as much because she is raising her kids elsewhere! no matter where it is you,the intensity of your work are and the number of domestic staff you have, balancing work, marriage and family isn’t beans.Well done Dakore and all other mothers like me out there; actress, housewife, student, doctor, nurse or seamstress!

7. ara

March 14, 2015 at 12:28 am

I am a mom who lives abroad. Its hard combining work and raising kids but i wont say someone isn’t doing as much because she is raising her kids elsewhere! no matter where it is you are,the intensity of your work and the number of domestic staff you have, balancing work, marriage and family isn’t beans.Well done Dakore and all other mothers like me out there; actress, housewife, student, doctor, nurse or seamstress!

*Please excuse the typos in the previous comment

8. Selina

March 14, 2015 at 2:58 am

Name how many movies Omotola has done in past 5 yrs

lets not even talk about Genevieve cos right now I dont even consider her an actress anymore cos clearly acting is not her priority anymore.

People keep using omotola a poster mom for working mom . entertainer, what abouy Omoni Oboli, Omotola ain’t that much of a better actress or working mom than she is raising 3 boys and still married to father of all her kids. Omotola is overrated and that’s my opinion

• Temi

March 14, 2015 at 6:41 pm

We are talking about omotola when her kids were still young, ma’am.

9. Nina

March 14, 2015 at 1:59 pm

Oh my goodness where do i begin…poor Dakore juggling nollywood and motherhood. Billionaire Harry Akande’s daughter in law…These magazines in nijaare becoming more and more contrived by the day..Nigerians just copy to a tee everything they see that happens in the west, and this is very triubling..please pardon my rant but I seriously have to vent….The west particularly america nd the uk seem so seductive to everyone, but it really isn’t so…i am very troubled that we are begining to lose our commonsense values copying these ppl..i have lived in the US for almost 2 years and theer is literally nothing fascinating by this place..quite alright the system works theer is constant water and electricity, but the breakdown in society is terrible…pardon my digression but let me get back brass tacks.

Celebrating these women someone like Dakore who have means is quite frankly dishonest, and trust me there is no bad belle involved..let me break it down to you guys….rich madams like Dakore and her comrades have it really good between the housemaids, nannies, drivers, gardeners and other helping hands..they have ppl running their households like a well oiled machine..The kids are bathed, fed, taken to school by drivers and nannies, pampered and cared for by domestic help, and maybe her. For someone like me and my compatriots in the USA and united kingdom, it’s a totally different ball game….husband and i work full time..i do the school runs(i’m the driver) i take my kids baths, feed them, pack all of them in my soccer mom van, to any little errand or grocery store visit no matter how mundane, bcos there is no house help to leave them at home with..i do their homework with them, and advanced tutoring at home, at least a grade level higher so they can perform better than their white counterparts to give them an edge in future, take them to gymnastics, soccer, ballet, tennis, school functions, movies, concerts, the circus and so on. I am the everything, i cook, clean, do laundry, vacuum, pay bills, read to them, go to the library and you name it….we in the diaspora are the real supermoms…..maybe i need to get a maid..but i can’s wrap my head around it, too many horror stories of abuse, legal issues and so on…..but we love what we do..no one can take the glory for raising our kids only God and us… what we have to juggle even madams of lower income in nija cannot imagine…mind you i grew up with means,,,housemaids did everything i never lifted a finger until i came to university here and eventually got married….my respite and a lot of other nija moms in the diaspora get respite when we go home to nija on vacation where there is a flurry of help and ppl at your beck and call..

so please nija magazines stop with these Americanized articles and sycophancy not based in reality, just a copy of what you see in western magazines…

once again pardon my rant!!!

10. Nina

March 14, 2015 at 2:04 pm

please pardon my typos triubling instead of troubling, theer instead of there..but i was too concerned with this piece to worry about editing ..i also meant to say i have lived in the us for almost 20 years not 2 years..typo: can’t instead of can’s.. I’m just a stickler for spelling correctly.

11. nina

March 14, 2015 at 2:40 pm

I’m a working mom in the US. Ijust have to say these rich madams like dakore and her comrades have it really good btw the housemaids drivers gardeners and an army of attendants. These ppl are in heaven. They have ppl running their households like a well oiled machine. The kids are fed bathed dressed and nurtuted by domestic staff. Driver and nanny takes them to school it’s really a good life. Someone like me and my husband work full time. I do the school runs take my kids baths feed them pack all of them in my soccer mom van to go grocery shoppin do their homework with them, take them to gymastics, ballet, soccer, school functions and everywhere else. Cook, clean, pay bills, read to them, teach them a grade level higher to edge out Caucasian counterparts go to the library and other forms of entertainment. One person with 4 kids no driver no housegirl. Pls these ppl shld interview mothers in the diaspora we are literally supermoms. I grew up in nija never lifted a finger househelps did everything. ..stop with this sychophancy and disingenuous articles…u can delete my post again at least one or two ppl will read it…