News

Silverbird Staffer Aishat Noble Mustapha brutally murdered in Ogudu

Aishat Mustapha RIPThe violent death of Silverbird staffer Aishat Noble Mustapha is sending shockwaves through the media community. The bubbly young lady was killed on Saturday 14th March 2015 soon after she returned to her Ogudu home from work.

Aishat is said to have been stabbed multiple times. Speculation on the identity of her killer is rife, however, we are awaiting the official police confirmation before publishing these details.

According to official reports, the incident occured between 7 and 8PM on Saturday. The police is currently investigating the case and a suspect is in custody. Aishat’s family is distraught and are seeking for justice.

The seeming rise in violent crimes against women in Nigeria is startling. Something needs to be done to curb this disturbing trend.

Watch the Silverbird TV News Report on Aishat’s Case

1. x-factor

March 17, 2015 at 4:44 pm

Aisssshhhhaaaaa!!!! JESUS!!!!!! she stilll served me smoothie a few weeks back!, this sooo sad!

2. JAY

March 17, 2015 at 4:48 pm

VANITY

• nikki

March 17, 2015 at 4:56 pm

what is “Vanity” about this?? Do you even know the meaning?

• Taiwo

March 17, 2015 at 4:58 pm

May her soul rest in peace.

Stop wasting MB!! Vanity ko, vanity fair ni olodo

• Dom!!!!

March 17, 2015 at 5:03 pm

VANITY?????? Someone has brutally been killed and all you have to say is VANITY, for the sack of commenting on BN. Or you are the killer then? Is it why you killed her? SMH MCHEWWWWWW. May her soul rest in Peace something needs to be done about this violence. Enough of this

• Dom!!!!.

March 17, 2015 at 5:10 pm

**Sake

• Nahum

March 17, 2015 at 7:11 pm

Please help me ask o. A young, beautiful woman has been killed and this one says Vanity… What does that mean? Did you kill her? For what reason? What does vanity have to do with it? Please let us start thinking before we talk. This is how people offend God with stupid statements

• ifeanyi ojiako

March 17, 2015 at 5:45 pm

Dont jus spew rubbish bcos Etisalat dashed you 5mb! Where dos vanity come into play here?

• nil

March 17, 2015 at 5:46 pm

Clearly doesn’t know the meaning of Vanity

3. nikki

March 17, 2015 at 4:55 pm

What a shame! I hope the perp is brought to Justice. They dont value lives of Women in Nigeria!

• Ovadje

March 18, 2015 at 1:33 am

Because men don’t get brutally killed in Nigeria? Abeg, go take seat jare and quit polluting this thread with your silly “look at me” BS.

Meanwhile, may Aisha’s soul rest in peace.

4. maria

March 17, 2015 at 5:00 pm

I guess what me. Jay is trying to say is that this whole world is Vanity. all our stress and hustling will all come to an end someday. this is so sad. RIP

5. Busola

March 17, 2015 at 5:17 pm

RIP and condolences to the family. Search all the men in her life from boyfriend to houseboy. One of them did it.

• Annaleigh Kathryne

March 18, 2015 at 6:29 pm

and what about the women?

6. ChiChiChilolo

March 17, 2015 at 5:22 pm

Na wa ooo! What a cruel world. May her soul R.I.P

7. hawttalkwithtosan.blogspot.ca

March 17, 2015 at 5:33 pm

So sad. What a waste of life. Human are just cruel!

8. @edDREAMZ

March 17, 2015 at 5:37 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    What a painfull exit… May her soul RIP….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

9. JAY

March 17, 2015 at 5:42 pm

WHICH OF THE VIOLENCE ??? IS IT DV OR VIOLENCE IN GENERAL???

10. Zeal

March 17, 2015 at 5:43 pm

CHOI!!!!!! Nna na wah o. R.I.P BABE

11. charles

March 17, 2015 at 6:13 pm

Such a beautiful soul wasted, very sad. but @bella, no need to turn this into a “feminist cause”.I Nigeria, people are killed daily, men,women-children and adults. life is worth nothing in this part of the world and security is zero.

12. Mz Socially Awkward...

March 17, 2015 at 6:28 pm

Cold-blooded and very likely premeditated if she was stabbed so many times. What a horrible loss of this young woman’s life; truly hope for her family that the police investigation produces the answers they need, even if only to help them make sense of the tragedy.

13. Ella

March 17, 2015 at 6:33 pm

OMG! I don’t know her but this is so PAINFUL. Very young and pretty. May her soul Rest In Peace, Amen.

14. T-O-P

March 17, 2015 at 7:44 pm

Sometimes I wonder what goes on in this people’s mind. God please say your people and grant her family the fortitude to bear this great loss

15. Sisi

March 17, 2015 at 9:11 pm

This is really sad, how can a sane human being stab a fellow human multiple times? May her soul rest in peace.

16. NaijaPikin

March 17, 2015 at 9:23 pm

Usually when a person is stabbed multiple times, it’s a crime of passion

May her soul rest in peace and may her killer (s) be discovered

17. Olubowale oluyemisi

March 17, 2015 at 10:19 pm

So sad !

18. Marlvina

March 17, 2015 at 11:16 pm

So unfortunate. May God grant the family perfect peace & grace during this period.

19. raheemat Abagun

March 17, 2015 at 11:22 pm

Inalilahi’waina ilahi rajihun………..RIP 2 her and my. Condolence 2 her fam………on. D VANITY. Issue,not all pple knw d meaning of Words

20. Tina Anita

March 17, 2015 at 11:42 pm

I weep for her! Her dreams, aspirations, etc have all been terminated out of the blue for no justifiable reason? Aishat was such an intelligent young lady…Deriz God…May the good Lord rest her soul and console her loved ones

21. Pryceless 'oap

March 18, 2015 at 8:41 am

May her soul rest in perfect peace and God will keep the rest of us alive.

22. integrity

March 18, 2015 at 8:42 am

Very sad…. So Painful. Poor lady i can imagine the intense pain being stabbed 8 times….! You dont want to think of it…… RIP dear.

23. ada nnewi

March 18, 2015 at 8:44 am

May her soul R.I.P…

24. KayKay

March 18, 2015 at 9:08 am

OMG…..wot a cruel world,dis an act of bn inhuman.i heard d lady is pregnant

25. Ebony

March 18, 2015 at 9:22 am

Very sad. RIP. Can’t imagine the pain she must have gone through, the fear. Knowing her family will never see her again as she took her last breathe, wishing she could tell them the killer as she was the only one that saw the person. Everyone around needs to be interrogated. Neighbours, gateman, someone would have seen someone walk in or something. Or is it someone that lives in? This person(s) must be brought to justice here on earth first by God’s grace.
    We all need to be more security conscious in this country. I hope eyewitnesses around that day can give detailed analysis that will help in tracking down the person(s)

26. oy

March 18, 2015 at 9:23 am

hmmmmmmmmmm. so sad

27. Adaeze Writes

March 18, 2015 at 9:40 am

This is so sad. May her soul rest in the Lord and may the perpetrator be caught.

28. Noms

March 18, 2015 at 11:43 am

You were such a warm lady… always willing to listen about what I had to say about women’s health whenever you stepped into Piliy Pharmacy @ the Galleria.
    I can’t remember how many times I screamed JESUS when I first read about your gruesome death.
    RIP, Aisha.

29. Nkoyo Geronimo

March 19, 2015 at 9:15 am

So sad how our young people are dying this days, Update on this story is that Aisha was stabbed by a married guy (her neighbour)she was pregnant for ( confirming crime of passion) may her soul rest in perfect peace.

30. alexander mccathy

March 19, 2015 at 3:06 pm

this so so sad and mean , very very painful,she was such a lovely lady ,always willing to help n ever smiling , what a brutal way to die, its so unfair……may her gentle soul rest in peace….sad sad sad….

31. Amypat

March 19, 2015 at 9:25 pm

May her soul RIP

32. Eket soul

March 26, 2015 at 10:49 am

I feel terrified. D police S#ould scree^ #er call logs. D killer would be broug#t to justice.

33. funmi

March 26, 2015 at 10:58 pm

Aisha’s death really touched me,no 1 because I live alone&am a woman I think deeply, so this comment isn’t for shallow pple ,please am sorry, but most pple are shallow, if there was no break in or force ful entry, that means aisha knows her killer /she left her door open, always close ur door/gate to make enty difficult&give u time to calaculate shld I shout? Or run?u come to visit me&u want to simply buy a recharge or a drink I tell u to lock the gate, locking me in is better, Nigerian ladies have it in mind no matter how civilised ur bf mayb remember most Nigerian men think alike, the men think they shld always initiate sex if the woman feel s sexy once in a yr she is an ashy, dont ever tell a man two things, if ur not interested in the relationship/ur pregnant,I heard she wasn’t pregnant! What if she was two weeks gone will it show thru autopsy?my dad says I dont need prayers to change my status to being married my problem is that I have a fear for it, how wont I be? My dad being a lawyer gives me real life stories of men who want to kill their wives for money/is it men who don’t wait for their late wives anniversary to reach 6 mths b4 remarrying/is it in my colleague tearfully telling me today how her handsome millionaire dad used to rape her&her sister? A man that can get any woman he wants at his beck & call?