Style

Bold Head Pieces to Make You ‘Ooh’ & ‘Ahh’! Ene Maya Lawani’s “The Urban Chic” Collection

Ene Maya Lawani 2015 Collection - Bellanaija - April2015003

Presenting “The Urban Chic” collection from Miss Nigeria 2004, Ene Maya Lawani.

This collection is a burst of creativity and colour that will suit any personality or affair – from weddings to dinners; and has been created to mark their 5th year anniversary.

Featuring fascinators, head pieces and jewelry, the brand seeks to set the standard for head apparels as fashion statements and accessories that can add an edge to any outfit.

View the collection below;

Ene Maya Lawani 2015 Collection - Bellanaija - April2015005 Ene Maya Lawani 2015 Collection - Bellanaija - April2015006Ene Maya Lawani 2015 Collection - Bellanaija - April2015013 Ene Maya Lawani 2015 Collection - Bellanaija - April2015007 Ene Maya Lawani 2015 Collection - Bellanaija - April2015008 Ene Maya Lawani 2015 Collection - Bellanaija - April2015009 Ene Maya Lawani 2015 Collection - Bellanaija - April2015010 Ene Maya Lawani 2015 Collection - Bellanaija - April2015011 Ene Maya Lawani 2015 Collection - Bellanaija - April2015002 Ene Maya Lawani 2015 Collection - Bellanaija - April2015004 Ene Maya Lawani 2015 Collection - Bellanaija - April2015012 Ene Maya Lawani 2015 Collection - Bellanaija - April2015014 Ene Maya Lawani 2015 Collection - Bellanaija - April2015020 Ene Maya Lawani 2015 Collection - Bellanaija - April2015019 Ene Maya Lawani 2015 Collection - Bellanaija - April2015015 Ene Maya Lawani 2015 Collection - Bellanaija - April2015016 Ene Maya Lawani 2015 Collection - Bellanaija - April2015017 Ene Maya Lawani 2015 Collection - Bellanaija - April2015018 Photo Credit Photography: Foto Lighthouse (Instagram: @FotoLighthouse) Makeup: Bedazzled Makeup and Spa (Instagram: @BedazzledMakeupAndSpa) Model: Faith Morey (Isis Models) (Instagram: @FaithMorey) Styling: Julliet Morgan (Instagram: @JullietMorgan) | Vialemo (Instagram: @Vialemo) For more information, visit www.enemaya.com | Follow Ene Maya Lawani on Instagram: @enemaya_stores

1. Regina de lad Fabricas

April 16, 2015 at 5:57 pm

Definitely a contender….love the lace and pearl affair.

2. Christian Sister

April 16, 2015 at 6:11 pm

I don’t mean to reign on her parade, but my eyes were on the model and the makeup more than the ‘collection’. Some of these fascinators look like what we see everyday. Some others like the spider or whatever that’s crawling on the head is ridiculous tbh. Then the net looking headscarf/veil wrapped over the shoulders is sumn I don’t get either. This is a far cry from creativity. And at the end of the day, you’d pay a lot just to own one of the pieces.
    All I’m saying is, let your work sell because it’s good, not because of your name *drops mic*.

• ayokka

April 16, 2015 at 7:14 pm

Haba, “chtistian” sister… maybe some of her pieces look regular… but there are quite a few that are unique and creative. Like the spider one. It doesn’t have to be “normal” for it to be creative. And I think it’s not fair you’re ininsinuating she’s selling her name more than her product. I don’t know her but i love at least 5 of the hats. Be nice.

• Blessmyheart

April 16, 2015 at 8:38 pm

Rain on her parade not reign on her parade. Basically, a rainfall will dampen the festivities of a parade. A pun! Yay!

• concerned

April 17, 2015 at 9:46 am

Lol. Good one

• rme

April 17, 2015 at 11:50 am

i wont waste too many words on you cos you obviously dont understand this kind of fashion. i hope you remember your “comment” when muslimahs use these headpieces for their bridal outfits on BN. Smh.

3. ada

April 16, 2015 at 6:29 pm

Nice pieces!

4. iba

April 16, 2015 at 7:10 pm

The model is so pretty, i want to cry.

• Tosin

April 19, 2015 at 8:36 am

I want to more than cry.

5. @edDREAMZ

April 16, 2015 at 8:39 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Model no fine and some of the stuffs no fine….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

• Tai

April 17, 2015 at 1:38 pm

She’s not bad looking at all ,pls let me see why you look like so I can see if you are fit to pass that comment

• tai

April 18, 2015 at 12:32 pm

i meant ‘what you look like’

6. truth hurts

April 16, 2015 at 8:44 pm

We as Nigerians have to learn to appreciate our own, she is trying delving into turbans and headpieces was a bold choice as many thought it would fail. But this is five years later and she is still on her hustle. Foreign designs have more avant guard designs. Pls let’s be positive irrespective of who it is, PROUDLY NAIJA. I love Nigeria abeg

7. BEAUTIFULNBLESSED

April 16, 2015 at 9:31 pm

VERY ELEGANT PIECES……….

8. bn lover

April 16, 2015 at 10:16 pm

OMG…..white is everything. Nice piece dear

9. busybee

April 16, 2015 at 10:33 pm

I love these!!! very chic, especially the pearl one

10. Ona

April 16, 2015 at 10:54 pm

These are gorgeous! Wish she sold ’em online.

11. Kareem

April 17, 2015 at 7:09 am

Model Hot, Pieces nice, Una try abeg. Naija all the way.. Christian sister I can swear you have never produced anything in your life that is why you find it difficult to appreciate the work of those who are producing and progressing. Show some love. Ene Maya well done,

12. benny

April 17, 2015 at 8:04 am

I hate to use the word hater. I absolutely hate it but damn @christian sister, u r one.
    These pieces are lovely. Not all of them are what I will wear but most. They are stunning. Kudos Ene.
    Please what you are doing is mighty great.

13. Ebony

April 17, 2015 at 9:07 am

Ene Maya is so talented.
    Went to her store at Surulere mall one day and was just in extreme awe for the “aweable” pieces

14. Anon

April 17, 2015 at 9:09 am

This is her best collection to date. A massive improvement from prior ones.

15. chelle

April 17, 2015 at 9:31 am

the model you used last time is finer than this one

16. concerned

April 17, 2015 at 9:44 am

Well, it is Christian Sister’s opinion and she’s entitled to it so I won’t call her a hater. However, the hats are breathtaking! Love the 1st yellow one and the white one with pearls. Very creative. Ene Maya, who knew?

17. ACE

April 17, 2015 at 10:06 am

Some were nice, others regular. She try sha…

18. Hafsat Blacksoap, Oils & Butter

April 17, 2015 at 10:18 am

I loved almost everything! I like the fact that she has some pieces a fashionable hijab wearing sister could wear and still be decent while at it. “Reigner on parades” cut her some slack mbok! Its not easy doing business in Nigeria. Comparing our designers to Carolina Herrera and co who have an enabling environment isnt fair on our designers at all. Congrats to Ms Lawani. Wishing you many more successful showing.

19. consolather Mapunda

April 17, 2015 at 11:22 am

I really like the things you guys are doing, I appreciate with ma heart.please keep it up.

20. rme

April 17, 2015 at 11:56 am

these headpieces are sooooo pretty! i can think of a dress for each one already… and i’m sure the ones for the muslimahs have caught an eye or two 😉

21. ChiomaJisos

April 17, 2015 at 12:07 pm

All I see is beauty! Love love love …..

22. brenda

April 17, 2015 at 1:33 pm

Wow love it all.Ene is very creative please come to London we need you here . well done

23. Tai

April 17, 2015 at 1:37 pm

Haba she’s not bad looking at all,may I see what you look like Mr and then I can see if you are fit to pass that comment

24. E

April 17, 2015 at 3:35 pm

YES MAMA! I love the pieces. And that model is firrreee! Beautiful!

25. Idomagirl

April 17, 2015 at 6:16 pm

I really really love the ones for Muslimahs. Especially the 2 white ones. Love.

26. Tosin

April 19, 2015 at 8:35 am

The model, the looks, the everything. Got me feeling homo.

27. ChicMonique

April 19, 2015 at 1:01 pm

I’m a proud owner of two EneMaya’s fascinators. Each one cost me less than N10grand. @ChristianSister: where is the love?and encouragement? Anything that doesn’t tickle your fancy will be appreciated by another. Your comment is laced with something far from ‘Christian’. Ene Maya, your pieces are fantastic.

28. millinerybyelizabeth

April 19, 2015 at 11:33 pm

This is what I do also and I must tell you, Ene is creative. The fascinators are woooow.