Style

“She created an extraordinary life…walking a path that did not exist” – Tracee Ellis Ross shares Why Mom, Diana Ross is Beautiful for Mother’s Day

DianaRoss & Tracee Ellis Ross - BellaNaija- May 2015_001

When was the last time you told your mom she was beautiful? Well, for actress Tracee Elliss Ross it was yesterday when she participated in Ulta Beauty‘s #MyBeautifulMom campaign for Mother’s Day which asked consumers to take a moment to say “you’re beautiful” for their special day.

For music royalty like Tracee’s mother – Diana Ross, finding the right way to say you’re beautiful can be hard, but when you say it from the heart, it’s perfect.

Earlier on yesterday, Tracee posted this video on her Instagram and Twitter accounts sharing why her mom is beautiful.

In Tracee’s words – “My mother is beautiful because she looks like she swallowed the sun. Because she created an extraordinary life by walking a path that did not exist before she came along. And because she has 5 children that love her deeply.

Watch!

Watch the official video featuring more people sharing why they think their moms are beautiful and telling them in their own way.

Photo Credit: Getty Images/Albert L. Ortega | Video Credit: @TraceeEllisRoss (Instagram) & UltaBeauty (Youtube)

1. papermoon

May 9, 2015 at 11:14 am

Diana Ross, still beautiful after all these years, I want to be like you when I grow up.

2. Fols

May 9, 2015 at 11:20 am

Yessss! ‘Nuff respect to this lagend. Before there was Beyonce, there was Diana. She was the whole package back then; like no other woman was before. #DianaRossLiving legend

• papermoon

May 9, 2015 at 12:25 pm

True that, Fols…… Also reminds me of Tina Turner…

3. Aarti

May 9, 2015 at 4:16 pm

Makes me really sad, Tracee is not married or hooked up. She is such a lovely lady and my big sister in my head. I guess each to their own. I hope she finds true love. Love to Tracee and Diana!
    #Celebrating Mums

• ani

May 10, 2015 at 12:25 pm

I second you. I have a super soft spot for her. She’s classy and different from ‘others’.
      I wish her and her mum happiness and joy.

• nawa 4 "mentalities"

May 11, 2015 at 12:03 am

So until she is with a man that means she has found true love. So man = love?

4. Vernon Moses

May 10, 2015 at 4:53 am

Tracee love her ma.

5. Vernon Moses

May 10, 2015 at 4:55 am

Tracee was nearly in tears talking about her ma.

6. kunmi

May 10, 2015 at 7:22 pm

Awwwwww I just shed tears watching these videos. I love my mom so much and the most beautiful thing about her is she’s so selfless. She’s everything to everyone, it’s amazing.

7. darvin

May 11, 2015 at 6:43 am

I’m glad my mom is blessed & still beautifly still in the land of the living at age 81/ but I have speciacial love for women like diania Ross whom have brought a career along way from hardships of rascisim/ tiresome touring all over the globe/ coming thru era’s of other celebrities of drug use – over dose deaths/ raised her children out of the limelight & still beautifully standing strong today !!!! God has truly blessed you Ms. Ross & we thank him for sharing your gifts with us. You are beautiful & will forever remain in our hearts. Hope u enjoyed mothers day today….

8. Ebony

May 11, 2015 at 9:53 am

Diana Ross is beautifulll

9. The Buttery Hotness

May 11, 2015 at 6:37 pm

I can swear I felt a teardrop roll down my cheek. Such an emotional ad campaign. Loved the story of the one who tattooed her mom’s signature on her arm…and the last one…aaaahhh papiii. Hahaha. Oh, oh, and the one who’s mom told him to come get lasagna. In mom mode all day, everyday.
    All good mothers are definitely beautiful. No wonder we have 50 billion mother’s day in one year. haha