Style

They Call Her Queen Dencia! Check out More Photos from House of Maliq Magazine’s Luxury Issue + Her Interview

BellaNaija.com

HouseOfMaliq-Magazine-2015-Dencia-Cover-March-Edition-2015-7882-00Yesterday we shared the first look at Dencia for House of Maliq magazine’s Luxury Issue with the pop star dressed in gold (click here if you missed it).

Now House of Maliq has released more photos from the editorial spread, shot by Scott Herbert, as well as her interview with the magazine.

HouseOfMaliq-Magazine-2015-Dencia-Cover-March-Edition-2015-7882-44-600x490 HouseOfMaliq-Magazine-2015-Dencia-Cover-March-Edition-2015-7882-00000-396x600 HouseOfMaliq-Magazine-2015-Dencia-Cover-March-Edition-2015-7882--415x600 HouseOfMaliq-Magazine-2015-Dencia-Cover-March-Edition-2015-7882-GFGF-380x600 HouseOfMaliq-Magazine-2015-Dencia-Cover-March-Edition-2015-7882-9-395x600 HouseOfMaliq-Magazine-2015-Dencia-Cover-March-Edition-2015-7882-450x5504542-398x600

Read excerpts from her feature below.

On her projects: I’ve been chasing my dreams and living life.I’m working hard and having lots of fun doing it. I’m currently on the road promoting my new single, “African energy” . This week alone, I just left Las Vegas, where I attended the billboard awards for Los Angeles to kiss my beautiful dogs and now headed to Lagos to premier the video for my new single, “African energy” and then Europe for more promotion.

On her inspirations: I’m a goal driven person who is relentless in pursuing my dreams. I’m inspired by not just one person. I draw inspiration from everything and everyone around me. I’m inspired by powerful & successful women like Folurunsho Alakija, historical greats like the Queen of Matamba, Madam CJ Walker( okay let me not get too deep lol) and of course my grandmother who raised me to be fearless. I’m also inspired by haters, I’ve observed that the more focused you are and the higher you climb the ladder to success in life, the less you can hear their rants, rumors and lies from below.

On her passion for fashion: Fashion is something i’m extremely passionate about. I truly enjoy colors, sunglasses, shoes, visors, accesories, anything fashion. I believe I’ve always had style since i was a little girl. I believe fashion is an expression of personal or collective style. it can speak for a person, culture or group of people. There is hip hop inspired fashion,vintage fashion, chic styled fashion, edgy harijuku style & pop fashion, all types of fashion. The most important thing is having your own style and expressing yourself however you chose to. I’ve attended fashion events all over the world from Europe to Tokyo and of course the United States. I’m always networking and studying the game like Kanye West. You can bet on the fact that I will be respected and known in the fashion industry shortly.

On being controversial in the music industry: What industry? i’m not part of any industry because I am in any every industry . Music is how I express myself,music has helped me grow,I don’t relate to most artists because we are different people with different dreams & visions,I have a vision,driven by a vision of a different version.. I don’t have the same challenges they have. Im in my own lane,  They can’t make their own decisions and rely on music to survive. In my situation, I’m focused on building a beauty brand,fashion & much more that will take care of me and my future kids and their kids. Any controversy is mostly because people choose to focus on my personal choices. I just live my life and people talk about it. I’m motivated by the fact that I’m not yet where God wants me to be.. I found out Steve Forbes the CEO follows me on twitter and i’m very excited. That means i must be doing something right.

You can read up her full feature here.

Photo Credit: House of Maliq

1. mo

May 21, 2015 at 9:11 am

I see Dencia is channelling Nicki Minaj these days

• Dencia Fan

May 21, 2015 at 4:57 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS WOMAN.

The woman is artistic as well as hardworking and driven, these pictures are a reflection of her personal style, she does not go with the crowd and does not need anyone’s affirmations to reassure or boost her confidence.

It is obvious that these images were not shot by the usual “House of Maliq” team, she is setting a standard I implore other magazines to step up to.

Dencia is innovative and unyielding in her approach to business and generally in her pursuit of success.. Alot of these “Nigerian Celebrities” should look and learn how to build a brand that actually makes money.

Well done Dencia, single black females around the world are rooting for you.

Whether you like her or not, the babe dey try ABEG

• Ada Nnewi

May 21, 2015 at 7:42 pm

I swear she keeps pushing hard!

2. mrs chidukane

May 21, 2015 at 9:12 am

This girl has extremely low self esteem and is extremely delusional. I really feel sorry for her. I wonder what happened to make her this way. This is the first person I can actually say I don’t want to read about or see anymore because everything about her gives me a headache.

• bennice

May 21, 2015 at 9:38 am

Just like she said in one of the excerpt. She does not give a damn to haters. #ycbfasc#

• Tiwatope

May 21, 2015 at 9:53 am

Why must you hate? What have you achieved with your own life? Shut up and BOW before The Queen!

• Ewa

May 21, 2015 at 10:54 am

Which stupid queen,? If this is your queen, it shows how much low self esteem you have. What have YOU achieved in your own life? Keep bowing there sogbo?

• Missthain

May 21, 2015 at 10:03 am

Can we please stop hating… it is the 21st century! This girl is going places and dinning with people most of us only dream off. Yes she is making her money from sources most people don’t support, but please commend her for her hard work, determination and self driven attitude. Most of us need these in our lives… Time is moving fast and things are changing… join the revolution and stop hating!

• mrs chidukane

May 21, 2015 at 11:48 am

Only people as delusional as Dencia is would believe I’m hating on her. It’s more like she annoys me and her attitude puts me off. Releasing a horrible single and peddling bleaching cream requires only so much hardwork, drive and determination. And no matter how loud her rabid dogs scream bow to the queen, ain’t nobody bowing down to that plus I only bow down to the Most High God.

• Tiwatope

May 21, 2015 at 4:19 pm

You will keep shut and bow to Dencia, The Queen who has snatched your edges and left you bald, bitter and bothered.

• Eve

May 21, 2015 at 7:19 pm

You ate not hating on her, you are jelous of her

• Eve

May 21, 2015 at 7:17 pm

That sounds more like jelousy

3. ada

May 21, 2015 at 9:20 am

She looks like a reptile in the green outfit. Dencia can still be unique in her own way without dressing this way.

4. jokeadegoke

May 21, 2015 at 9:22 am

Chase your dreams dencia!!

5. Seriously

May 21, 2015 at 9:26 am

I really don’t understand this girl, and what she does. Neither will I pretend to understand her fashion style or what she’s trying to prove. I have mixed feelings, a side of me is convinced she’s suffering from some type of major inner problems and the other side gives her credit for hustling.

• Eve

May 21, 2015 at 7:21 pm

How does her style put food on your table?

6. dobzi

May 21, 2015 at 9:29 am

Love all the pictures

dobzifingers.blogspot.com/?m=1

7. sista

May 21, 2015 at 9:39 am

What ve I set my eyes on? (in kitty Montgomery’s voice) I I ah am ah I ah ………..don’t no what to say

8. Tiwatope

May 21, 2015 at 9:55 am

Wow…. Are these photos real? I can’t believe my eyes! QUEEN, why must you slay me so? Snatching my wig so effortlessly. My edges are gone. My scalp is tender. Continue to pave the way, Queen!

9. dim

May 21, 2015 at 9:59 am

I aint tripping with all the money she looks ratchet

10. Bee

May 21, 2015 at 10:13 am

she hardly/never shows her legs….i wonder why…..just curious….

• Pretty girl

May 21, 2015 at 7:42 pm

The bleaching cream didn’t work on her legs so she has to cover them up.

11. skelly

May 21, 2015 at 10:16 am

hmmn..she must cover that leg by fire by force…lmao

12. bruno FIERCE

May 21, 2015 at 10:32 am

her looks are old. dencia pls update ur wardrobe

13. Politbru

May 21, 2015 at 10:36 am

A good fashion must answer to these three questions: 1. Does it fit? 2. Does the colour complement me? 3. Is the feedback positive? i.e. Fitness, Colour and Style.

14. ji

May 21, 2015 at 10:50 am

LMAOO!! Please who calls her Queen Dencia and why?

15. PRIME PERSONA

May 21, 2015 at 10:50 am

In Dencia’s dictionary, I’m uncertain if there’s any such word as moderate, normal or simple or modest. She thrives on ambiguous , controversial and complex and to be honest its working for her. I’m really not a fan but i cant hate on her hustle meeehn

16. Ty

May 21, 2015 at 11:01 am

Where is her hand in the main picture…..hmmm photoshop gone wrong

• Doxa

May 21, 2015 at 6:39 pm

I noticed the missing hand in the 1at and 3rd pics too

17. poison ivy

May 21, 2015 at 11:07 am

Masquerade Masquerade Masquerade……….Haa!! Mbanu, O gini?
    Painful to watch and read(am lost of words)chineke, nwa nkea sef.
    P.s Who read the part where she had to go to her LA home and kiss her dogs after attending the billboard awards in Las Vegas (humble pie anyone?)lol
    Dencia, what is it with you and knee high boots and jump suit sef, (cover cover) what are you covering eh madame?

• bn lover

May 21, 2015 at 3:38 pm

U want to know??? Are you sure u want to know dat somebody’s leg is now Black and yellow,black and yellow. I didn’t say anything ohhhhhhh

18. winner

May 21, 2015 at 11:08 am

The fact that she covers up so consistently gives me huge reservations on the condition of her skin. Something MUST be wrong…really wrong.

• Eve

May 21, 2015 at 7:23 pm

You are sick as hell, if she goes naked, y’all will hv something new to talk about. Did you not see her skin on the whitenicious cover?

19. liz

May 21, 2015 at 12:03 pm

Hello to every one bowing to the queen and to others saying the plain truth some people call critism.lol
    I respect her hustle. But am drawn to somethings in this pictures;
    -one of her pic like someone said photoshop gone wrong she became an handicap to look perfect and avoid revealing her knuckles I think
    -and one of the covers says ‘How yo love the skin you are In’.
    chai!africans…..Apparently I can’t just imagine someone that changed her skin colour from a beautiful choclate or whatever to a walking corpse coloyr giving such advice . Ma’am before writing on that you didn’t love the skin you were in before or even tried loving to so dont give us Bull$#!+ here.

• Eve

May 21, 2015 at 7:25 pm

Do u hate the face you have before adding make up to it? Hipocrates

20. nnenne

May 21, 2015 at 12:09 pm

Go Dencia. Do your thang!

21. Chizzy

May 21, 2015 at 12:09 pm

This is horrible, so much going on on this cover!
    So she sings????? I’ve never of any of her songs before.
    (Let me go and check her out on YouTube).

22. 'Lara

May 21, 2015 at 12:12 pm

Photoshop gone wrong, where is her hand in the picture.

23. Noddy

May 21, 2015 at 1:07 pm

Stop popularizing unimportant people. Specifically those who are no good for our community. Let her stay whereever she is.

• Eve

May 21, 2015 at 7:26 pm

How important are u?

24. Hanee

May 21, 2015 at 3:15 pm

i love this lady courage, determination and her uniqueness. It doesn’t matter how she’s doing it but she’s definitely doing her thang. It’s not easy so stop hating on her

25. Who Cares

May 21, 2015 at 5:41 pm

Isnt it amazing how no matter how crazy someone is there will be ppl out there crazy enough to still call them queens and kings. U cant blame them coz they dont know this ppl. Now i love her hussle, no doubt. She has hussled to be where she is now. From sleeping with married men back in MD to moving to CA and sleeping with more men. Now the problem i have with her is her constant lies. First she said she was Nigerian. Big fat lie. 100% cameroonian. Then she said she was born light skinned, another fat lie. When caught, she accepts she bleached and ppl shld leave her alone. Well y did u lie in the first place! She claimed she never denied the fact that she bleached! Check out her first interview after Whitenicous came out. U claim to be doing charity all over the place and expect orphan kids to look up to u but still every single day u embarrass urself on social media and cant take a damn day to just humble urself. Now our days, google keeps everything so ur kids will see it some day. Thats my problem with her! Accept everything and just live ur life. No matter how much u deny it, some of us have known u since from ur days from Progressive back in Cameroon. But i wonna ask her one question, will she bleach her kids as well? Or marry a white man like her sister and claim we were born mixed?

26. tutu

May 21, 2015 at 9:13 pm

Please, why are they making her look like she has only one arm in a lot of the pictures..ish!

27. coke

May 22, 2015 at 9:19 am

i think something is wrong with this girl..

28. Adelaide

May 27, 2015 at 8:52 am

Y’all should keep bowing to “Queens” that are nothing oh, do you know if she cries herself to sleep at night? Bow to God who keeps your soul.