News

When Love & Service Collide: 2 Brides Attend NYSC Head Count Exercise in Wedding Gowns – PHOTO

BellaNaija.com

NYSC Bride2It was their wedding day but these NYSC members still had to fulfill service requirements.

According to Vanguard, the brides on Sunday attended a headcount of serving corps members, an impromptu exercise which just happened to fall on their wedding date.

An unnamed corper told newsmen that the exercise was conducted to guard against “ghost corpers.”

See photos of the brides:

NYSC Bride 1

Photo Credit: Vanguard

1. JustAGirl

August 24, 2015 at 11:28 am

THOSE TWO PICTURES DO NOT IN ANYWAY CORRESPOND! Except you are talking about two different people, what I see is two different brides in two different dresses.

• lookbeforeyoucomment!

August 24, 2015 at 12:49 pm

did you read the headline???????

• Olu

August 24, 2015 at 1:08 pm

You just had to yell out ur ignorance in caps. Learn to read …..and understand

• JustAGirl

August 24, 2015 at 4:05 pm

Dear Olu..you are the ignorant one. Sorry!

• karen emmanuel

August 24, 2015 at 2:50 pm

The heading says “2 brides”… how come you are not seeing it? lol

• who???

August 24, 2015 at 4:14 pm

The post was updated!

• Jhennique

August 24, 2015 at 6:11 pm

lol! some people are not alright ni oh

• jean

August 25, 2015 at 6:24 am

we all should learn to correct with love and let peace reign……too much hate in the world already……friendly hugs…

• red

August 25, 2015 at 9:41 am

thanks Jean. my thoughts exactly. kilowa le toyen? so she missed the heading..big deal?

2. Purpleprints

August 24, 2015 at 11:41 am

Wonders ShallShall never end. Couldn’t she have taken a permission to go for her own wedding?

• bn lover

August 24, 2015 at 12:40 pm

Hmmm,My dear dis head count people no dey hear English. They conduct impromptu head count all in an attempt 2 get ghost corpers,so if u r not dere dat day…..ur name na OYO. If u like dey labour room. The most annoying part is dat they will send d notification in d night a day b4 or dat morning sef….then u will see hustling and bustling.

3. No heart to hate

August 24, 2015 at 12:04 pm

It is very clear you didn’t read properly before commenting

4. Deborah

August 24, 2015 at 12:04 pm

They said ***BRIDES***IT WAS THIER*****.. Read before you comment ma.??

• JustAGirl

August 24, 2015 at 12:27 pm

I you read earlier you will see it was updated. My comment was before the update, as I see BN took note of it! Reason well before you comment ma’am. 🙂

In the past BN would have noted beneath a comment, but theses days they don’t they will just stylishly update it. Even now they are still some errors, but I will leave them to update it still

• JustAGirl

August 24, 2015 at 12:27 pm

#If

5. cleo

August 24, 2015 at 1:07 pm

I think it was not necessary. Evidence of wedding invitation card, permission from state coordinator should suffice for a head count.

• Ese

August 24, 2015 at 3:04 pm

Exactly, In NYSC, Brides/Grooms are given permission for about 2weeks or more to attend to matters regarding their wedding. Its either these brides are ignorant or just wanted public attention. Better still, they could have gone the next day being Sunday if t was indeed necessary.

6. bee

August 24, 2015 at 1:08 pm

They should just stop all this nonsense…its not cool at all. Matter of fact, it all so razz. Its like a lawyer coming for a party in wig and gown because he has to come from court or go straight to court or a Doctor in surgical garments or and engineer in his kit. Its disgusting and unethical. Nigerian must sha over do things sha!

We also went to school and served naa. These things aint so hard. If you tell NYSC you got married yesterday they will admit you and even celebrate you naa. I entered camp a week after my wedding and i was really celebrated, with no difficulty whatsoever.

if you are unable to reschedule there is no point turning yourself into a drama queen. just change and attend the event abeg.

• Blessing ekene

August 24, 2015 at 2:21 pm

Thank u, God bless u for dis comment. Nigerians too dey over do

7. chi-e-z

August 24, 2015 at 1:20 pm

hmmm o di kwa serious :/

8. Robby

August 24, 2015 at 1:47 pm

Only in naija can this crap happen, na wa o

9. adelegirl

August 24, 2015 at 2:07 pm

This is nonsense. So is attending one’s own wedding not a valid reason to miss this nonsense nysc headcount? How many corpers have lost their lives or risked their lives in a bid to meet such pointless headcounts previously?

10. Ayodele

August 24, 2015 at 2:11 pm

This is so unnecessary, my Cordinator called me on the day of the head count told her I wasn’t around she just asked for my full name and asked me to send her airtime and that was it, she doesn’t even know me in person

11. Ayodele

August 24, 2015 at 2:29 pm

This is so unnecessary, when my Cordinator called me about the head count I told her I wasn’t in town she just asked for my full name and asked me to send her airtime and that was it

12. JustAGirl

August 24, 2015 at 4:04 pm

@ ookbeforeyoucomment!, Olu, and Karen Emmanauel.. Bella Naija DID make a mistake in the first post. This they updated after I pointed it out. As you can see I was the first to comment and I had to read through severally before pointing it out

So BN because I made a correction, you did not post my reply to Deborah’s comment? Ride on!

• red

August 25, 2015 at 10:25 am

babe @JustAGirl.. stop defending yourself jere, u dont need it. it haff do. even if you made a mistake, ur head shouldn’t be chooped off

13. Whyna?

August 25, 2015 at 9:15 am

BN na only una talk two brides oh! Other blogs talked about one bride

14. happygogirl

August 29, 2015 at 7:27 pm

I jst wonder why some people hear nysc and all d hairs on their body stands! Nonsense head counts, bt it might interest you to know that lots of corpers are never on ground, other corpers stay annd serve diligently, while others stay elsewhere and are the first to hustle for the 19,800k! See the worry when their payment is delayed! People can loose dia lives through many ways, not cos they are corpers, enough of ther nysc bashing already. It’s usualy peeps who don’t stay @ dia state of deployment or leave any legacy behind dat run the scheme down always! Asive other parts of Nigeria is working so well!