Sweet Spot

Marcy Dolapo Oni & Gbite Sijuwade’s Santorini Honeymoon

BellaNaija.com

Marcy Dolapo Oni Sijuwade Santorini Honeymoon BellaNaija 11
After their beautiful wedding in London, Dolapo Oni and husband Gbite Sijuwade are relishing the newlywed glow at their honeymoon in Santorini, Greece.

Marcy Dolapo Oni Sijuwade Santorini Honeymoon BellaNaija 6

The View!

Marcy Dolapo Oni Sijuwade Santorini Honeymoon BellaNaija 2

The classic white Santorini Villas

A little history on the island;
Santorini, one of the Cyclades islands in the Aegean Sea, was devastated by a volcanic eruption in the 16th century B.C.E., forever shaping its rugged landscape and villages. The whitewashed, cubist houses of its 2 principal towns, Fira and Oia, cling to cliffs above an underwater caldera (crater). They overlook the clear Aegean and beaches made up of black, red and white lava pebbles.
Marcy Dolapo Oni Sijuwade Santorini Honeymoon BellaNaija 7Marcy Dolapo Oni Sijuwade Santorini Honeymoon BellaNaija 12
Visit Greece says “Santorini is considered to be the most sought after place for a romantic getaway in Greece, since there are not many places in the world where you can enjoy exquisitely clear waters while perched on the rim of a massive active volcano in the middle of the sea!”

Marcy Dolapo Oni Sijuwade Santorini Honeymoon BellaNaija 3

Cable Car ride

Yummy Food

Yummy Food

Dolapo captioned this "My donkey "Freddy" stopped every 5 steps to take a crap! There's 500 steps to get to the top! Was a long trip #idontknowwhobeggedme "

Dolapo captioned this “My donkey “Freddy” stopped every 5 steps to take a crap! There’s 500 steps to get to the top! Was a long trip #idontknowwhobeggedme “

Sunset

Watch the Sun set

Just gorgeous! Definitely on our dream destination list.

Photo Credit: Instagram – marcydolapooni

1. Mercy J

October 19, 2015 at 11:09 am

who remembers those days when it was even a slight taboo to ask couples where they were off to for their honeymoon? it used to be such a private thing but we live in a Social Media Age now! posting pics while away on honeymoon…..lovely nonetheless! Happy married life.

• Laolu

October 19, 2015 at 11:26 am

I’m so sorry in advance for the hate that might come your way because your comment might be misunderstood by some but you’re not wrong. It could be that the fears that our parents or older people harbored are no longer realities for our generation. That’s why it’s easy for people to share their honeymoon experience with us because it’s a beautiful experience. Yea. Lovely week ahead BN Fam :*

• Becca

October 19, 2015 at 11:43 am

Nope, never heard of such ‘slight taboo’ and I’m no young un.

• xag

October 19, 2015 at 12:02 pm

Age we live in, the age of instagram. But I see nothing wrong with sharing some honeymoon pictures anyway, not like they showed the whole shebang. Nothing wrong in sharing some of the fun with well-wishers and the like.

• Seriously

October 19, 2015 at 6:41 pm

It’s ok for people to share. It’s an individual choice. I’m a private person, and enjoy private times kept private but don’t have problem with those who want to share private things publicly. The rise of social media changes everything, that’s the purpose of it, to connect with people around the world. Showing off, competition, whatever it is, people will know what you are up to. It’s interesting, how celebrities used to be looked upon like they were special human beings. They seem like the only ones allowed to enjoy exotic places and have extravagant weddings/lifestyle. But now, some non celebrities live the same lifestyle, travel as much as celebrities, there’s no longer mystery.!
      Santorini is beautiful, I’ve been there twice with my mom. This might help with Greece’s failing economy.

• Mabel

October 20, 2015 at 4:01 am

Girl, I am from the generation of telephone booths and 8-tracks, so I know what you are talking about. I cannot wrap my head around keeping the masses up to date on your honeymoon, it almost seems like you are not even fully immersed in the experience, you only get the one honeymoon, so soak that shit up and forget about social media fans for a while.

• Surely

October 20, 2015 at 8:38 am

You guys are absolutely ridiculous! You think that because people are on honeymoon they won’t document the beauty around them? Please! What’s all this hypocrisy and oversabi???
      It’s not like they were posting selfies when saying their vows or while they were getting the foreplay in before sex. There are manyyyyyyyyyy intimate moments you don’t get to see but it’s pizza and donkey ride you are shouting about. Abeg! If that’s the case, people shouldn’t photograph their weddings either since they should be “enjoying” the moment. Rubbish.

• Surely

October 20, 2015 at 8:35 am

I’m not that young and it’s never been a taboo in my existence. Whats the taboo? To ask where they’re going to be having the daily sex until reality sets in? Puhlease!

2. moderator

October 19, 2015 at 11:36 am

BN people. Lets respect people’s views and comments. Lets stop cyber bullying @Laolu’s comments touched me.

3. beauty

October 19, 2015 at 11:46 am

Beautiful, can’t wait to experience my honeymoon.. My Prince Charming, where are you, find me!!!

• Jay

October 19, 2015 at 12:10 pm

I have found you. But how can I locate you?

• beauty

October 19, 2015 at 3:03 pm

Jay are you my Prince Charming? Find me if you are!!

4. Tee

October 19, 2015 at 11:57 am

I just love her figure, i havnt worn shorts dat short since i was 10. When will dis my weightloss gimme fast results………. Nothn like being able to wear any and everything.

5. oy

October 19, 2015 at 12:42 pm

una still follow dem reash honeymoon??? lol

• Tari

October 20, 2015 at 8:53 am

Dem go follow dem enter bedroom and to labour ward.
      This social media mining is awful

6. Are We There Yet?

October 19, 2015 at 1:05 pm

Dolapo dearie,

HML & GBYU!! Your wedding experience has been beautiful soo far and i have enjoyed going on this marital journey titled #dollygbi2015.
    Please spare 60 seconds of your precious honeymoon time and get into this lipton i am about to serve.
    The general public (bellanaijarians) loved ur class & charisma because you were different from the pack of the current red carpet attendants, veeloggers, OAPs & watever else you call our dearest BN faves.
    i understand your social media platforms are yours and ur prerogative on how they will be handled but aunty you are slightly becoming a “notice me”. You are now a Princess & probably will be one of the most popular Sijuade royal family members in yoruba history, so this #iPassMyNeighbour contest needs to stop! Your husband seems lowkey, so yall both need to keep the lowkey life. I love both of yall.
    Enjoy ur honeymoon and save some memories for just the both of you. When you carry the general public along for every event/activity of the honeymoon, wat else can busy bodies like myself do than to battle over all the imperfections of ur life??

Please dont pull a Toke Makinwa on us if external agents startto f*ck up some commas in ur marital life! You invited the public to lay in ur bed, so dont act different if we Jarunpa oh…lmao

• lotusflower

October 19, 2015 at 3:00 pm

This post is cringe-worthy. Are you ok?

• RIFF RAFF

October 19, 2015 at 3:20 pm

I AGREE!
      Mrs Sijuwade, mystery is always attractive. This is what “endeared” u to so many. Strive to keep things that way; DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT LET YOUR PR TEAM TELL U OTHERWISE. . The “pack mentality”, the “in your face” strategy does not suit you….see my life, see my honeymoon, see my prince, Don’t take that route of trying to prove something ( see how i better pass my neighbor, like someone aptly mentioned) . Rise above that. Leave it for new moni peeps. Minimalism instead looks good on you.. Just show a sneak peek of what you’re up to once in a while. And that’s it.

Always keep this in mind: When a commodity becomes too common in the market, it loses it value.

• Tee

October 19, 2015 at 4:29 pm

Mr /Mrs RIFF RAFF, hope you are aware BN probably lifted this from her instagram page. Since when have ppl not posted snaps of dere honeymoon on FB or IG to share with friends and not the whole of Nigeria. I am certain her PR ppl didnt send these. Get facts right before criticizing people you know nothing about. Gbite’s instagram is even private, but im sure Dolapo being a media personality has alot of followers on instagram. Are they the 1st to post their honeymoon/holiday pictures on social media. Don’t you post ur holiday pics on FB or instagram. people go to even Ghana and post pics, so whats the big lie. ……………………

• anu akinbosotu

October 19, 2015 at 3:58 pm

@ whoever “are we there yet” is, You are a terrible person!!!

• Mo

October 19, 2015 at 4:45 pm

I burst out laughing reading your comment. But I can’t lie, you are very very right. I see her as that classy secluded babe. But when you post on Instagram, I’m sure you kinda expect bellanaija to post it.

Don’t let us lose the mystery, class and value we once saw in you. For example: when I saw your traditional wedding pics, I was mesmerized – because I barely see you on the blogs. But now nko?? Hmmm. I reserve my comment.

Happy married life and trust me, we love mystery.

• GBG

October 20, 2015 at 6:22 am

“Jarunpa” got me laughing… so true, I’ll also have to say “a fi fila p’erin ojo kan lo ni yi mo…” there should be a limit to her displaying her #ibetterpassmyneighbour. Nigerians can turn around and be bitter!

7. Nma

October 19, 2015 at 1:52 pm

Santorini is so beautiful! Miss my honeymoon days there too.

8. Sophia

October 19, 2015 at 1:53 pm

While y’all are complaining about it being a taboo or not, my own concern is who uses fork and knife to eat pizza! Lol Rome ain’t that fancy but I love those views sha oo

• O

October 19, 2015 at 2:24 pm

The Mayor of New York, and New Yorkers were like, “heck, NO!”.

• xag

October 19, 2015 at 3:18 pm

Actually it’s the proper thing to do.

• Lala

October 19, 2015 at 3:41 pm

Many people. Was at an Italian restaurant a while ago- people eat pizza with their cutlery.

• Anon

October 19, 2015 at 5:54 pm

Rome?

• anonymous

October 23, 2015 at 8:37 am

AUNTY PLEASE GREECE IS NOT IN ROME!!! THEY SAID SANTORINI GREECE NOT ROME

9. Missappleberry

October 19, 2015 at 2:09 pm

BN a beg stop stalking this couple naw. E don do abeg.

10. Bey

October 19, 2015 at 2:25 pm

Princess Dolapo enjoy jare

11. notanutelllalover

October 19, 2015 at 3:12 pm

Y’all know BN got it from HER instagram account. It wasnt sent to BN as per, “show my honeymoon pix” to prove say “iBetterPassmyNeighbour”. Just Saying tho!

12. Prince

October 19, 2015 at 5:16 pm

Dolapo is a stunner and amazing chic. I am so happy for her, plus she’s so good at what she does. Congratulations!!!

13. Sadia

October 19, 2015 at 11:55 pm

Plsss y’all should shut up ;!!!! What did she post that you people are saying shes no more secretive…is it donkey pizza or ocean you’ve never seen….abeg oh she has found the love of her life and shes excited to show the world..free her and let her flaunt her man .its not like shes shoving her expensive hotel room or any overly expensive stuff in your face

• reply -> Sadia

October 20, 2015 at 6:43 pm

Madam Sadia, you can convey your message without screaming “shut up” at virtual unknown folks. You berra take it easy and not burst a vein..lol