Style

The 60 Days of Beauty Series: The Lancôme Genifique Youth Activating Serum

Efua Oyofo

Lancome GENEFIQUE_ADVANCEDSince the dawn of time, women have been searching for a way that they can keep their skin glowing and looking young.
Some time ago, I received the Lancôme Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate to help advance the preservation of my youthful glow. Initially I wasn’t sure how I felt about the serum, as in my opinion I have a fairly good skin care routine already.

Here are my thoughts on the serum.

Packaging:
• Yes. Pretty and dark, the packaging makes me feel that I am using something precious almost medicinal. This is partly due to the self-loading dropper, which delivers the exact amount of product that you need for your face. It took some time for me to understand the best way to use this dropper, if I am being completely honest.

Product:
• This is great to use after every shower, and it gently absorbs into my skin,. I find it keeps my skin soft and supple, and I much prefer using it as the first item to touch my skin, before of my sun screen. It feels quite smooth and soothing, and for some reason my skin feels a little bit more protected (and more supple) than it does otherwise.
• I find I prefer to apply the product on my skin still in sections, so that I am not racing to rub it in as quickly as I can but can actually take the time to massage the product into my skin and see the results that I get instead. Aside from the extra bit of attention you pay to your skin, I also seem to need less of the product than I do when I disperse it as recommended by the product instructions.
The Genifique’s light, clean fragrance is very compatible with my other beauty products that I use on my face. Overall the texture of my skin feels smoother and silkier than it does when I don’t use it, which is great.

Overall, I am really happy with the Lancôme Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate. I am blessed with a baby face, but I do feel that this product will help me keep looking younger for longer.

Sponsored Content

Beauty and curvy blogger, travel and experience lover, dedicated to promoting happiness and enjoying all of life’s wonders and inspirations.I write sometimes.Blogs:Dating While Nigerian - a collection of curated relationship stories about dating as Nigerians. www.datingwhilenigerian.comThe Beauty Project - A beauty and lifestyle columnist, celebrating beauty, from the inside and on the outside in all it's various forms. www.thebeautyproject.tvInstagram: @efuastar Twitter: @efuastar

1. Ene

November 17, 2015 at 5:28 pm

You forgot to mention it’s also very expensive. I got the Lancôme holiday set containing this youth activating serum and it’s so basic to me.

2. Marie Antoinette

November 17, 2015 at 6:15 pm

Overly expensive and does nothing!

• bluebell

November 17, 2015 at 8:59 pm

I agree that it is expensive and has little effect on the skin. Fortunately, I got lots of samples from cosmetics counters otherwise I would have asked for a refund if I had paid for the product.

3. mma

November 17, 2015 at 7:10 pm

Hi Ene, why is it so basic? I’m contemplating it so would like your opinion.

4. chika

November 17, 2015 at 11:03 pm

lol this looks exactly like that Dencia’s whitenicious facial cleanser,i used it the witenicious cleanser and soap and like it.i will try this too

5. fani

November 18, 2015 at 7:59 am

It is the truth !!!! this is my go to serum..Love it!!!!

6. Gwen

November 18, 2015 at 10:57 am

I Love the serum. Expensive but worth it.

7. Cheryl

November 18, 2015 at 11:00 am

Of course it’s expensive.. It’s Lancome.. Anyway, I agree with Fani.. I absolutely love the feel of Genifique.

Bluebell and Marie Antoinette- How long have you used the product before condemning it? It’s not magical you know.

8. Ngozi

November 18, 2015 at 11:19 am

Thank you Efua for this review. I am going to try this. I will be patient for the results, whatever is good na good money kill am.

9. Happy

November 18, 2015 at 8:07 pm

This serum is the truth! I’m in my early thirties and have battled acne all my life. This serum transformed my skin. I’ve been using it for over one year now. I use it morning and night as the first layer before using my acne treatment and light powder. It is expensive but is better investment than all the make up I’ve ever bought. Give it a shot and be patient.

10. Ene

November 19, 2015 at 9:45 pm

Hello mma, I used it for about 3 months and it does the same thing as a normal face moisturiser, hydrates the skin. To each his own, you can try it though