Sweet Spot

“I don’t do religion… Find God on your own and work out your own salvation” – Toke Makinwa

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Toke Makinwa

Toke Makinwa shared a lengthy post on Instagram talking about religion and how there are several misinterpretations of the word of God.

Toke talks about how people should embrace success and wealth because that is how God wants it.

She wrote:

I don’t do religion, I think one of the major problems in the world today is religion. Wars have started in the name of religion, people are lost in certain doctrines, they don’t know who God is. God is not a poor God, God does not delight in poverty! Being a Child of God does not mean you shouldn’t desire the fine things of life. The street of heaven is made of Gold. Stop buying the lies sold to you. God wants you to flourish, to dominate, to subdue the earth. You can dream big, it is your duty to carry the light of God. Stop with the Vanity upon Vanity talk, every single person that worked with and for God was blessed. Soooo blessed at that. Those days it was in cattle, land and much more. If that doesn’t tell you that you should be blessed, I don’t know what will. My last post inspired this. I just feel the need to encourage someone out there. Find God on your own and work out your own salvation. Your father owns the heavens and the earth, you should be at the top. Stop judging, not every successful person has sold their soul to the devil. You don’t know their walk with God, Jesus met the lady at the well and asked her for a drink, she had been married many times and was living with a man that wasn’t her husband but Christ went there cos he knew she would come to draw water, do you think Jesus needed the water? You think he couldn’t command water to rise? he knew she needed salvation, he went there cos he knew she would come and he approached her not with judgement but with kindness. God loves us all. Ok bye.

Her previous post was about Kylie Jenner’s wealth, and praying God gives her the next brilliant idea to be more successful –

1. Meeeeeee

December 2, 2015 at 1:38 pm

Abeg shut up nd sit down tokeur alwyson news. Who r u advising wen u cant evn keep a home. U tink its all abt fashion nd going out. Read d likes of tiwa savage interview nd c wat it tks. U tink ur stl a child. Till u gt old nd den u will knw hw imp it is to ve a man

• RIFF RAFF

December 2, 2015 at 1:50 pm

Ask your mother to come teach her how to keep a home then pass her your father or your husband so they can give her a child.

• seyi

December 2, 2015 at 3:05 pm

Thanks for your reply jare.. some people sha!!

• Mz Titilitious

December 2, 2015 at 3:29 pm

Pple like u lack respect for their parents at home that’s when u come here insulting someone else’s mother and father… cant u just face her alone?

• ak

December 2, 2015 at 4:46 pm

but for real, why do all her clothes still have tags on them… lmao. Abi na borrow pose?

• Anon

December 2, 2015 at 5:02 pm

ak – I laughed at your comment. Why do you think they are her clothes?

Think!

She’s in a shop…

• Layo

December 2, 2015 at 5:08 pm

RIFF RAFF, why you do have to involve her Mom? You could’ve lashed out on her without involving her Mom. People who have no regard for their family will have it hard having regard for other people’s family.

• Bola

December 2, 2015 at 1:54 pm

considering that Nigeria is supposedly one of the most religious Countries yet it is full of such wicked and ungodly people i get her point about religion in the context of what it has become . As for the mumu talking about not keeping her home, is she the one that got another woman pregnant? you are one of the religious but wicked types who love to mock others

• Beeeee

December 2, 2015 at 3:38 pm

Kai, you are quite evil o….JEEZ!

• Josephine

December 2, 2015 at 4:04 pm

This kind of hatred over what? You should be ashamed of yourself.

• gurl_wendy

December 2, 2015 at 4:08 pm

Geez, who let this retard near a phone to type? it’s just sad to think that this sort of venomous person will procreate and have kids…

• Dolly

December 2, 2015 at 6:58 pm

Dear Toke,
      Just like many others, I don’t hate or love you but I dislike the person you project always. Vanity in this context is misplaced and reading your post just takes me back to reasons I still can’t relate with your persona. First Vanity means excessive pride in one’s appearance or achievement and that’s not totally an indication of affluence. If I have to describe Toke Makinwa in one word I’d say ‘Vanity’. Why, because that’s who you put across, this fame hungry, attention seeking, narcissist, self acclaimed girl who has these little girls believing in wealth over values.

I mean how do I take someone who takes pride in calling Kim Kardashian her role model seriously? Without getting biblical, chasing wealth & fortune without strong values will lead you back to base. It will be a circle because your fancy wannabe *** never thought anything else matters in life besides being at no.1 spot on Forbes list. There’s more to life Toke, than the riches and before you drag God into validating your argument & justifying your thirst think about the clueless little girls and your easily impressed Instagram followers who would think acquiring these things by all means necessary is the only thing that will validate their existence.

I think that explains why I will never relate to who you are, I will not knock your hustle but there’s contentment in having strong values.

• st cathy

December 3, 2015 at 9:34 am

Normally, I wouldn’t read further once I spot the name Toke Makinwa- No love, no hate, just can’t relate with the persona. However, not being much of a religious person myself- highly turned off by the pastor worship and the lazy way our people turn to religion or blame enemies for their woes-I was curious to hear her perspective. But I was simply stupefied by her .. gosh! I dont even know what to call this thing she wrote. She made me feel like ” duh, its Toke, what were you expecting?”

• Olope

December 4, 2015 at 2:36 am

I root for the girl so, just because of how much hate people toss her way. But my God! If we have to judge people by their words, I have to say she is so lost. Oprah once asked what exactly makes Paris Hilton famous. There is more to being successful than having riches and fame. What is so impactful about the Kardashians that anyone with integrity would make them a role model? I pray she finds her way back to the decent person I know is in her. That Bob Marley’s quote (“some people are so poor all they have is money”) is so opt. Abacha was rich, should we make him a role model too??? I know Toke has bettef upbringing than that post of hers would lead one to believe. She has a platform, it’ll be a waste if she mis/abused it. She doesn’t do religion, really? Here is someone who preaches from the Bible, a religious book, on a regular basis. Let’s not throw cliches around cos they sound fancy or suit our immediate need. You don’t do religion but spirituality? Then preach Godliness. I personally prefer that. But don’t speak from both sides of the mouth, babe!

Well, it is much easier to jugde people in the public eye. We all have our shortcomings.mi just really want her to do well and better, and put naysayers to shame.

• Olope

December 4, 2015 at 2:38 am

Typo.. So apt, not so opt

2. 'Deola

December 2, 2015 at 1:40 pm

I hear you.

If there was so much to go around, a level playing field and people living by the rules, who would even care that someone is making money. It is our backwardness that makes us so focused on others little sucesses. I pray the world and door of opportunities open to people.

3. maame ekua

December 2, 2015 at 1:41 pm

SOO MANY CONTRADICTIONS HERE. U TELL TO FIND OUR OWN SALVATION YET GO AHEAD TO PREACH US ON JESUS WITHNESSING TO THE WOMAN AT THE WELL. NOT A SIN TO BE RICH OR PROSPER BUT GET RICH THE RIGHT WAY. BEING RICH IS NOT JUST HAVING MONEY OK. IF U WANT DIE AND REINCARNATE AS KRIS JENNER’S DAUGHTER THAT WAY U WILL BE PIMPED TO BECOME RICH BUT REMEMBER WITHOUT PEACE. I KNOW ALL THIS IS COMING FROM YOUR POST ABOUT KYLIE MAKING $ 8.1 MILLION IN A DAY. BOB MARLEY PUTS IT BETTER – SOME PEOPLE ARE SOO POOR ALL THEY HAVE IS MONEY

4. RIFF RAFF

December 2, 2015 at 1:46 pm

VANITY UPON VANITY is small. The expression that gets to me is END TIME. Boy i hate END TIME. END TIME house, END TIME girls, END TIME anything.
    There is also “You will take it with you when u die.” I agree i won’t but i definitely won’t leave it for u.
    I have nothing against riches as long they are not acquired dubiously or worse, by oppressing those who cannot speak for themselves

5. bruno

December 2, 2015 at 1:59 pm

wetin this mumu dey talk. toke pls learn to keep ur big mouth shut. u are no intelligent at all. u sound like ada nnewi.

• bruno

December 2, 2015 at 2:15 pm

*not*

• Layo

December 2, 2015 at 5:11 pm

You are so intelligent that’s why you had to throw a low jab at Ada Nnewi, who is immensely annoying but makes use of her brain regardless; unlike you.

• Ada Nnewi

December 2, 2015 at 8:19 pm

Bruno…Bruno. .when are you finally going to America so we can hear word? Just claim victimisation for sexually orientation and they will give you asylum so your frustration will end…

6. nike

December 2, 2015 at 2:01 pm

Go girl preach it.people need to hear this.

7. akin

December 2, 2015 at 2:06 pm

Toke. Toke. Toke. Ok ooo

8. Tee

December 2, 2015 at 2:09 pm

So God should give u an immoral idea abi? Dress half naked , start dating a man in his mid 20s while you’re still 17 pose half naked on Instagram in the name of freedom please – then inject fillers into your lips and then make money please let’s b realistic not everyone can live the kardashian lifestyle and it’s not something to proud of. Now looks at mark zuckerberg Facebook owner giving away 99% of his wealth

• maame ekua

December 2, 2015 at 2:19 pm

bam tell her. she thinks having money is to be rich. soo hollow

• Becca

December 2, 2015 at 2:53 pm

Well the bible surely isn’t the best source for morality…god did after all impregnate a minor without her consent….in today’s lingo that would be statutory rape even if baby mama Mary said ok God, knock me up.

• C'est la vie

December 2, 2015 at 7:07 pm

Which “god” are you talking about?.Can you pls enlighten me?

• Ifybaby

December 2, 2015 at 7:17 pm

The fact that the same ALLMIGHTY GOD has not wiped you off the face of this earth, for this your highly disrespectful and blasphemous comment, is proof that HE IS A MERCIFUL AND LOVING GOD. Now go, and sin no more.

• Becca

December 2, 2015 at 8:58 pm

@Ifybabe – firstly blasphemy is a victimless crime!

Secondly it will be more good and merciful of God to use his almighty powers to wipe diseases off the face of the world than avenge someone who hurts his feelings. So petty of him, he should just brush it off his shoulder like haters gone hate and get on with doing good instead of making it the most abominable offence. Really extra petty!

Thirdly, it is historically known that Mary was under 16 when she was told ” The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overpower you” Luke 1,35 and then she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit matt1,18. Or is the bible lying? Well I already know the answer to that.

• Debz

December 4, 2015 at 10:33 pm

Wow, you must hate God so!!! I guess it’s petty of him keeping you alive till now also. How about I pray for God to be petty and silence you forever. Clay talking to the Potter. OYO lo wa!!

• Inspired

December 2, 2015 at 4:04 pm

The last i remember. Adele has achieved more and NO she didnt go naked. Pick your side.

• G

December 3, 2015 at 11:28 am

Adele covered one eye

• C'est la vie

December 2, 2015 at 7:04 pm

Well said! I couldn’t have said it better.some people are so shallow! *smh*

9. sass

December 2, 2015 at 2:11 pm

Toke no one said you cannot be rich, successful and a born again Christian. But toke bia this ‘god’ you have been finding is he happy with all the breast baring you have been doing recently? can you wear those your breasticular outfits to your MFM Church? pls I am just asking.

• AmericanWonder

December 2, 2015 at 2:44 pm

I sure can, I’ll tell them “My breasts are like two towers…like clusters of fruit” – Songs of Solomon
      Why hide my blessing? They should mind themselves ooh, I prayed well and hard for these puppies & the Lord answered my cry.

• Krasavitsa

December 2, 2015 at 5:12 pm

Amen sistah! God bless you!!!

• Omoye

December 5, 2015 at 12:45 am

Ur body is the temple of God.. go ahead and walk around naked so you can show us all God’s glorious temple… nonsense, u think ur clever

10. C'est moi

December 2, 2015 at 2:29 pm

If God is indeed responsible for blessing people with wealth & food then he should be held thoroughly accountable for the poor & starving too.

11. Blackman

December 2, 2015 at 2:31 pm

Most people here are missing the point .. she was talking about wealth and religion

12. King Bey

December 2, 2015 at 2:46 pm

There is nothing wrong to be rich and all that, but make money the right way is all that matters. I noticed so many girls out there want to be like the Kardashians

13. TheDevilIsALiar

December 2, 2015 at 2:50 pm

I would have been inclined to meditate on the trajectory of your argument had it been about business only. You don’t do religion but preached all through. I see many churches turning into management schools especially in Lagos. Jms 1:27 “Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.”

Have you seen Mark Zuckerberg, Calos Slim, Warren Buffet, Ingvar Kamprad etc these are billionaires but live so simple lives you would be ashamed of your “decking and forming” of trifles. It pains me the most when I recognize that it’s blacks that make the most noise over their trifles. An let it be known that being humble is beautiful which the pseudo celebs of Nigeria lack. Nobody is against dreaming big, just do it with humility. Truth is, we ain’t got no celebs here sis.

• ak

December 2, 2015 at 4:41 pm

Please lets not turn this into race thing…

Your comment made sense until you said “It pains me the most when I recognize that it’s blacks that make the most noise over their trifles.”

Have you never heard of ARAB MONEY? or the millions of $$$$ in Hollywood / Hamptons / NY— even CRIBS will show you that is isn’t a BLACK / race thing.

It is a mentality that Christians should shy away from…

Toke Makinwa ain’t no the first thing about real worship and service to God….

Was Moses rich? Was Paul? or any of the 12 apostles who brought Christ to the world? Y’all should look up how they lived and died and see if y’all can do such…. What about missionaries in China/Iran/Iraq risking their lives everyday for the gospel?

Yes God blesses… But he also takes away….

Our prayer is that he should bless us… but that even if he doesn’t, we should continue to please him daily.

14. hezekina pollutina

December 2, 2015 at 3:14 pm

People abuse religion in Nigeria. Period. She is right in that sense. But I do not agree about God wants you to be a rich person or whatever. Or God is a business God. Don’t get that part. I agree, as far as do not blindly follow doctrines and realize its all Man-made.

15. ngozi

December 2, 2015 at 3:15 pm

I get what she’s saying, however, Why is she obsessed with the kadarshians and jenners? She’s always using them as examples for success when there are so many successful and rich women out there. They may not be attention seekers, half naked with a caked face but they are out there. she could even use our own Linda ikeji sef but no… Ok toke go and release that sex tape already and make that $$millions. I just find her a bit vapid IMO sha. May God really help you girl. Lol

16. hezekina pollutina

December 2, 2015 at 3:24 pm

Also, I would not model my personal success after Kardashian formula. These ladies are really all vanity. They do not represent much of an example other than that of hungry hustlers that will do anything for money and attention. Money is not everything. Money is just a means to do something, but thats it. It is sad that things are so imbalanced in Nigeria, where people do not even have basic amenities and opportunities to a decent quality of life. Everyone deserves that. Instead we have conspicuous consumers gallivanting and pea cocking spreading gospel of consumerism while hungry masses gaze on in hunger. People do anything for money because there is no money. Imagine if we had our situation together here. I bet people would be less religiously zealous. They would be more logical, maybe even more ethical. hmmm…Toke we know you are hungry and it comes from a deep lack of self esteem, you need to work on that. However, you are a beautiful lady and ought to know what you need dey for inside. Plus you are gifted. Work on that.

17. Cher

December 2, 2015 at 3:36 pm

So those who are poor and live in poverty I guess they didn’t work hard enough. As if everybody on this planet is suppose to be Rich …

Toke please go invent super bleaching cream for your $8.1 million .

18. gifi

December 2, 2015 at 3:42 pm

toke, you are not a world order…..after lagos and maybe abuja, you are a nobody?

Just stay safe and don’t think you are a Kylie….(yes, “a” kylie”

19. concerned9ja

December 2, 2015 at 3:55 pm

For startes the Kardishans including the sex changed Dad have a very powerful machinery behind them big conglomerates pushing their brand….what is she yearning sef!!….
    So powerful that they roped….comvinced most major advertising moguls to buy into Transgenderism….well that almost normal in most western countries today..
    In most western countiries no one envies them but in a country like ours where poverty is rampant and as someone said not a level playing field we validate MONEY not WEALTH… the young don’t really care how one makes money…
    After seeing the exotic display of money and other luxuries splashed on most major blogs and instagram….
    There’s going to be a lot of desperation and depression ahead..if values are not re-emphasised…of which we need a fuunctioning…equitable society in order for that to happen!!
    So please park well..don’t see people hating on Oprah..Dangote..B.Gates..Buffet..late Job..Ronaldo…..these are inspiring wealthy people.

20. timi

December 2, 2015 at 4:07 pm

U all should free Toke please, life isn’t that hard, no need to be bitter. I was actually inspired by her post. Nigerians are so all about religion, yet we have so many dishonest people around. God forgive me for judging but something happened to me today. Here I am at the office, so unhappy with my job, thinking of calling it quit, am a single mum and have a child to care for. I receive a call from a pastor who I talk to when am down, she was telling me she had no money on her and that 3 of her kids were sent out of school cos of unpaid bills and asked me for money, maybe to eat. then I thought to myself, I have given her money twice without her asking, gave her money on sunday also. she is asking for money again on Wednesday. and I thought to myself, this is just sooo wrong, I also need money for myself, I have bills to pay and a child to care for, with no assistance coming from anywhere. you know all these and keep coming requesting for this and that all the time, Shuoooooo….. told her point blank I did not have. Was I wrong?

• Honey

December 2, 2015 at 4:55 pm

My dear Timi, that pastor is taking advantage of you. is she a widow if I may ask? a lot of dese pastors know the venerable ppl dey take advantage of e.g lady in her 30/40’s looking to God for marriage, lady waiting on a baby and venerable single mums like you. You came to her to offload what was heavy on ur heart and her’s was to request for money. I personally have one pastor that knew I was 31, broken bcos my fiancé left me to marry another and was waitn on God for a hubby. He began to request for stuff. I shld pick 3pastors close to me, sew seeds into dere lives, buy this, by that. All was becoming a lot. He told me by so so date I wld get married, d date expired, he moved it forward again. He gave me d characteristics of the persons dats my hubby when I began going, said it wld be a great man that will be know all over. Months later it changed to d man wont have so much, we wld have to struggle together, but I shld endure.
      My dear I gave my self sense, we all have d ability to make our problems known to God. Don’t depend on a pastor to pray for you, you can pray for urself, display faith, pay ur thites, sew seeds into an underprivileged person, cld even be someone in ur neighbourhood.
      I am not saying we don’t have good pastors out there, they are not God. They are mere humans. I may go to a pastor for prayers,but when it becums me calling you everyday before i make any move in life, or i meet any guy, then there is something wrong.I take my issues to God on my two kneels every morning, I cry unto him with my tears and in my heart and I have the failth he will surely answer. We have great Men/Women of God out there but you have to thread carefully to know the bad from the good.

• Timi

December 2, 2015 at 7:28 pm

Hmmm… She isn’t a widow, she has a husband. I just feel its getting too much. gave her money severally, how much am I earning. there are things I also want and need but cant, not because they aren’t necessary but cos I cant afford them. I actually give a lot to people but I just feel am been used in this circumstance. I mean you have a husband. I was even telling her today to try and look for something to do but she said she cant cos of her condition, she is pregnant ( again ). I asked God if I was over reacting and not been reasonable. For me though, I feel better talking to a pastor about how I feel than talking to a friend, who will tell another close friend and the train goes on, then your story is everywhere. I was telling God recently, how I wish he could sit beside me and have a conversation and me hearing his opinions directly like am gisting with a friend.

• Lady Love Ose A

December 2, 2015 at 5:12 pm

I feel you n understand where u coming from but then” it’s more blessed to give than to receive” am a single mother also I take care of my son but wen i see someone in need even if its my last i will give that person sometimes things don’t look like the way we think….maybe ur pastor is going thru hard times n God is testing u for a better tomorrow, who knows God can send u a helper who will come to u n give u a check from nowhere…..if you have give but if u dnt have to give God sees ur heart that u r a giver He will be smiling n provide for u…..I pray that God will give u the desires of ur heart in JESUS NAME…..God bless u for helping ur pastor…..

• oluchi

December 3, 2015 at 10:10 am

Timi dear, I just read your post and want to encourage you in ur walk with God. God is crazy faithful and you know the best part is that you can actually relate with him as you do a friend.Jeremiah 31:3 Call upon me and i will show you great and mighty things, God’s word can never lie. Just make efforts by starting with worship, invoke the Holy Spirit then pour out your heart to him, trust me you ‘ll hear his sweet calm voice speak to you. Also be careful not to rush out of his presence after speaking to him. Just know that God is more interested in speaking to you than you are in hearing his voice. God bless u big.

21. concerned9ja

December 2, 2015 at 4:09 pm

And if you money is acquired through the Acts of the Flesh…..see Galatians 5 Verses 19-24…then that’s your burden to carry..

22. mosdef

December 2, 2015 at 4:09 pm

@ becca, i smiled when i read your comment…. we’re on the same wave length…. as for this matter, i ain’t got nada to say…….# i’ll rather just whistle

23. peyton

December 2, 2015 at 4:12 pm

I have no issues with anyone’s success. But your post is indeed full of contradictions. You don’t do religion yet you refer us to Jesus? and you keep talking about salvation and God wanting you to be rich? and you don’t do religion. Well read the portion of that same bible that clearly states that contentment is great gain. You know why churches today are filled with so much filth its because of greed, the quest by Christians to have wealth that they think its why they were created. So pastors spend time preaching on prosperity and how to get more money. They ride in big cars and attempt to fleece the members. Yet they forget that the singular purpose of Christianity is not wealth, and you don’t need to be a millionaire to be happy or live happily. You cannot in one breath say I dont do religion and in another breadth ask God to give you a next big idea so you can make money for yourself. Christianity isn’t about you it is about living a life of service to God and others.

24. rain

December 2, 2015 at 4:18 pm

Toke shut up pleaaze!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. prince

December 2, 2015 at 4:25 pm

Christianity really is personal. I just don’t understand her language too well.
    Meanwhile, Christianity is not a religion, It is the life of Christ alive in you. The Pharisees and Saducees were religious people, that’s why the Apostle Paul said that “the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life” we need to get this religious thing out of our head.

26. Bey

December 2, 2015 at 4:39 pm

Pls Toke take several seats…….infact take d whole Wembley stadium.

27. Gorgeous

December 2, 2015 at 5:24 pm

She obviously does not know that when believing in God, with wealth comes great responsibility. Following God is a call to serve in humility, that is to serve the least among us. She does not know God obviously. Those most favored by God carried very big crosses even down to David. Toke please invest in a bible since you called Jesus in your sermon.

28. STORY

December 2, 2015 at 5:40 pm

Toke so you know God…….But didnt you fornicate with your husband before you got married. What about all the lies and falso appearances you keep up? All the boob exposure. You know God but does he know u? #IAintJudging but at least if you must talk pls talk with sense. It is kylie jenner that is ur inspiration now, tell your sister to make sex tape and make you famous. You dont need God for that

• Krasavitsa

December 2, 2015 at 8:49 pm

Sweety, you are judging.

29. naijagem

December 2, 2015 at 5:58 pm

I’m not sure I fully know the backstory behind this post. But going by her post alone, she does make some valid points. I’m not a fan of Toke’s but I agree with some of the things she said. I think as a society, we often get caught up in religion with all the dos and don’ts that we forget the purpose of Christianity. God’s ultimate goal is for each and everyone of us to have relationship with him and to know him personally. A lot of us today are piggybacking off of our parents’ relationship with God. Work out your salvation as instructed in the bible and get to know God for yourself. Now regarding prosperity/success, i’m sick and tired of the world’s belief that Christians shouldn’t enjoy the finer things in life. A poor Christian is an oxymoron. Being poor is not a mark of humility and God does not wish for anyone to be poor. He wishes for us to prosper in all we do provided that it aligns with his will for our lives. Another misconception out is that money is the root of all evil.. Money is not evil, if it was why do we have jobs. It’s the LOVE of money that is evil. Make money, enjoy it, help others and never let the love of money trump your love for God. #Beblessed

30. Boity

December 2, 2015 at 6:35 pm

Tokes Definition of Rich and Wealthy just like the million other foolish vain nigerians is having MATERIALISTIC THINGS

Idiots! I lost all ounce of respect for you the way you defined rich –

I guess it must be something in those nigerian waters. You are all the same – VAIN. – NIGERIANS ARE THE MOST VAIN AND MOST MATERIALISTIC PEOPLE ON THIS PLANET. You have no identity – your only identity and sense of worth on this planet is what materialistic thing you own as evident by your blogs and all your social media post. Empty Souls. So pitiful.

• Anon

December 2, 2015 at 9:21 pm

It’s unfortunate that you’d make such a general statement about Nigerians, very ignorant on your part. You sound so full of hate yet you are visiting the same blogs you find to be shallow, confused much?? Materialism isn’t limited to any one nationality same way I’d like to believe ignorance and hate towards other Africans isn’t general to South Africans.

31. Blueberry

December 2, 2015 at 6:48 pm

Clearly Toke you are clueless. Go and read and study the bible again. So the Kardashians to you are a perfect example of Godliness with all the crazy things they do? One advice for you: Money is not the root of all evil. The LOVE OF money is. Meditate on that before you go and do something foolish for money.

32. ToBeReal

December 2, 2015 at 8:18 pm

Madam….First you need a Sister willing to have butt pad injections…make a sex tape preferably with a Rapper….have a Dad willing to be a Transgender…a depressed brother and drug alcohol dependent baby daddy and you on your way to making a cool million..you go girl…

33. Dd

December 2, 2015 at 11:12 pm

Toke has spoken the truth ….. religion these days is different from what the Kingdom of God actually preaches ..Jesus came to preach to all ..God bad and ugly he is friends to all ..non judgemental cos he knows humans were bon into an imperfect world so we will perfect our ways in Christian Jesus ….Dominating, renewal minds from staying ignorant , by all means letting the devil and his subtle ways deprive us from what God set us to do, preach the gospel … enjoy and not endure and be a blessing… Jess rod on a tear rubber donkey … had 12 assistants …1 was a doubter , 1 argued , 1 had anger issues and one was a their that kept stealing from Jesus that even his assistants were not aware … He crossed seas in a big boat with convoys of little boats following hin ..Every where he went he pulled crowd …He was never poor ….. The prostitute came to Jesus to talk to him and even ask to seek his face ..Religious leaders tried to condemn him .. They claim to be self righteous and extremely judgemental ..but when that same prostitute gave her life to the kingdom of GOD she brought a whole village with her …and they got the gospel and received salvation …..Religion set laws and misplaced rules ..eg dont wear short sleeve hands .some certain clothes…funny doctrines …. ..

34. Mabel

December 3, 2015 at 12:53 am

I don’t do religion either. Religion is not of God, man created religion for his own purpose, before there was religion there was spirit, that is all God is, spirit. The kingdom of God is within every single soul and every living thing upon the earth, To commune with God does not mean one needs to enter into any religion.

I do agree with her as well that God wants everyone to flourish abundantly. Poverty is anti-God, look around at the world and the universe, there is abundance in everything and the world can still sustain every human, animal and plant that exist with ease, not to mention the varieties of human, plant and animal life, everything is in abundance in the universe. God is not lacking in abundance and therefore abundance is the natural human state to exist in. I get what she is saying and I agree fully, but I fear if her Kylie post preceded this one it may have her coming off negatively to many ppl.

35. Soso

December 3, 2015 at 2:34 am

She sounds like she’s hurting. Someone correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t her husband just get another woman pregnant? Sometimes when what you believe is true love donkey kicks you in the teeth you say and think some outlandish things to keep from dealing with the truth. Especially when the”truth” happens in front of the millions of people myself included who will judge. I pray for her healing.
    As to wealth and religion and blah blah blah. … the word says to “be in the world and not of the world”. When you are ‘of the world’, the devil sees no reason to mess with you. You already belong to him so he leaves you alone to go about your business. Ignorantly, you believe yourself to be prospering out of your own ‘goodness’ or hard work or tithing fulfillment etc. When you live in the world but are not ‘of’ it, the devil sees it s a personal challenge and begins to torment your life. You start to feel yourself cast away by God and as opposed to buckling down in faith and pushing through you start to seek answers ie..prosperity gospel preachers, babalawo and the likes when if you just persevere like Job in the bible you will eventually come out on the other side and God will begin to bless you with treasures from heaven. Treasures first of the heart and then of the world. You see God understands the currency of the world after all he created it but like a wise friend once told me “God will never bless you with worldly goods if he does not own your heart”. If he cannot lead you to using your wealth to glorify his name ie helping widows and orphans and those less privileged he won’t bless you with it. Instagram oppression and Chanel domination has nothing to do with GOD. It’s OK Toke we are all human. I feel your pain through your words and I want you to know the sun must shine again.

36. Toast

December 3, 2015 at 2:56 pm

I just read what someone called becca wrote. It’s sad that someone will write this. Now, let me enlighten you.
    Mary was destined to become a great woman by birthing the only One who can forgive you for this blasphemous write up. You dare speak of God this way? This is clearly a generational curse where you are meant to be bound in bondage forever. You mock the Lord your God for a meagre write up to make people think you are smart? The devil is clearly using you and has used your parents to bring such a plague to this world.
    If your mother saw this, would she be happy? Do you even feel sane saying this?
    My only prayer is that God sends men of many incurable illnesses to “rape” you and your generation (male, female and others) till he sends His son back to the world.
    You think He wanted His only son to die for the sins of mankind? He used Mary because she was clean.
    You obviously can’t know what using people for greatness is because you and your line can never be used. Then I pray He forgives you in the latter part of your years so you can know what you’ve been missing from being away from His presence and for this miserable talk you’ve just spoken. Then after the forgiveness, He’d leave you to sin some more so that you can rot in the lake of fire that you will enjoy being in.
    You don’t have to embrace religion but never mock God. God is not mocked. He’s awesome and beautiful and kind. Just walk with Him and let Him take over.

• Becca

December 4, 2015 at 12:09 pm

You really aren’t doing God any favours as the benchmark for morality & good if you think God will “send men of many incurable illnesses to “rape” you and your generation (male, female and others) till he sends His son back to the world.”

Epic Fail on your part, but thanks for proving my point.
      And ‘Becca’ is about as frightened of your prayer as I am of you being gobbled by a fire breathing dragon.

• Becca

December 4, 2015 at 12:12 pm

“If God listened to the prayers of men, all men would quickly have perished: for they are forever praying for evil against one another. ” Epicurus

37. TobeReal

December 3, 2015 at 6:25 pm

@Toast…tell them o…reason why Pastors are telling their congregation to boycott social media….really had to hold my nerve on seeing it…but best to ignore such people no need giving them the attention they so crave…
    John Lennon of the Beatles more or less said the same thing and what happened to him??

38. Cici

December 4, 2015 at 4:27 am

Toke glorifies fornication and indirectly supports it regularly on her silly vlog. She constantly and indirectly speaks of how it does not matter if one has sex before marriage, which means she indulged in it a lot before marriage (shame, even with getting “him” drunk with all that milk before he bought the cow, you still couldn’t keep him).

Please stop disgracing the good people of MFM, those strong praying people that hardly wear make up and keep their hair covered all the time – true MFM church goers don’t even wear weave. Looking from your image and party hopping (party over here…Toke, party over there…Toke), YOU ARE NOT MFM, I am not judging you but simply stating a fact.

Stop trying to pull that church’s name into the mud – I don’t know what your agenda is against that church MFM. “By their fruits you shall know them”, you are not MFM.

Toke, you once told an interviewer a while back ago that in order to be famous and loved by people one has to use the “God factor”. I guess you are trying to use the “God Factor” to gain favor, fake like you know God and get the love of the people, but from the comments of your “fans” here, it looks like the “God Factor” is not working for you.

God is not to be mocked.