News

NBA Superstar’s Wife Ayesha Curry catches Flak for saying She prefers “Classy” “Covered Clothes”

BellaNaija.com

Ayesha-Curry-TwitterThe world is so funny these days. NBA Superstar Stephen Curry‘s wife Ayesha shared her view on the current fashion trends via Twitter a few hours ago.

The mum of 2 posted a series of tweets – one of which said “Everyone’s into barely wearing clothes these days huh? Not my style. I like to keep the good stuff covered up for the one who matters“.

She followed up by saying; “Just looking at the latest fashion trends. I’ll take classy over trendy any day of the week. #saturdaynightinsight

However, not everyone was happy with Ayesha’s views with some accusing her of “shaming women” and judging women’s rights to express their sexiness through their clothes.

Read Ayesha’s tweets and let us know your thoughts.

Check out responses to Ayesha

The Feminists went in…

Some called her a hypocrite

Supporters

1. Anon

December 6, 2015 at 8:50 pm

Sugabelly weighs in…

2. Tolu

December 6, 2015 at 9:01 pm

So?

3. Kezhia

December 6, 2015 at 9:03 pm

I am not going to bash anyone for dressing however they want, but I have seen things and shocked by what I saw and still see. Everyone’s got their opinion I guess.

4. Crown

December 6, 2015 at 9:08 pm

Ayesha Curry – you go girl!

5. Tea

December 6, 2015 at 9:10 pm

Sugar belly shld know beta dan calling ppl “trash and filth”

• emma

December 6, 2015 at 11:03 pm

I wish there was a way I could stretch my hand through my computer screen to slap you into next week, but I can’t. What a shame.

• lindsay

December 8, 2015 at 4:05 pm

ignorant human

6. ElessarisElendil

December 6, 2015 at 9:12 pm

A. Steph married well.

B. Before somebody inevitably makes the mistake. The guy that whored for sugabelly’s attention is not Nigerian.

7. ATL's finest

December 6, 2015 at 9:27 pm

Lol @ Sugabelly that’s mean.. That’s a serious issue at hand. Mrs Curry your life, ur body, ur rules. Whatever works best for others let them do but hey it’s ur opinion and u are entitled to it hun

• sugarbelly'sbelle

December 7, 2015 at 12:48 am

she responded to someone who just said she deserved to be raped

8. Vortex

December 6, 2015 at 9:58 pm

BN, I wish that description was “the confused trolls went in” and not “the feminists went in.” How did Felicia Jean & co. draw such conclusions from Ayesha’s tweets???

9. Nahum

December 6, 2015 at 10:34 pm

I prefer being covered up as well. I am not into the marketing of my goods but I sure as hell won’t stop a sister from rocking her sexy outfits. To each her own. The people that did not like her comment are dumb as hell.

10. emma

December 6, 2015 at 11:23 pm

I’m all for dressing for yourself but these days I feel that women just go overboard with it, call me old school, but I’d rather leave somethings to the imagination. Overall, If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck it is a duck, and if she dresses and looks like a hoe she is………………….I’ll just leave my comment here. I know some people will disagree with my comment, but lets face it, that’s how society is, or is everyone going to say that they’ve never looked through some peoples IG”s and had a slight thought that they could be a hoe with the way they dress?

11. Kaeto

December 6, 2015 at 11:23 pm

The guy that talked about rape in that content sounds very stupid, ignorant. i don’t care about any bodies outfit but when you look like someone with a bad image and come my way, honey the rejection will so bite that you won’t even know what hit you. Prostitutes dress to sell their market, bitch why do you look like them( many that don’t even have standards, values). Yes!!!Covered women are represented well, ??????. But not like the Muslim full attire of female bombers. Dress the way you want to be addressed.3

12. chi-e-z

December 7, 2015 at 12:57 am

ugh… goodness can’t we women folk just live!!! I can’t believe this ape b/c of dressing nonsense excuse. I was walking home from school late @ night black jeep nearly runs me over guy trying to force me in pick race run to the closest atl police station by me which can u imagine is closed. call my dad freaking out after I make it home tell him almost got kidnapped and raped tells me to be safer coming home earlier fro night classes and proceeds to ask me how was I dressed need to be more covered up mayde I’m like wat I had my school oversize t-shirt on baseball cap like wtf does that actually justify someone daping me how I was dressed??? After that next time I was actually raped didn’t even know what to do or who to call but my ex who is like closest thing I had to a secure father figure in my mind like my life just ridic it’s amazing I still trust men I love like I do considering.

• chi-e-z

December 7, 2015 at 12:58 am

the ape part was def not supposed to be thr didn’t finish typing a word in anoother place my pc is stupid slow and annoying…

• Rape is not our normality.

December 8, 2015 at 1:20 am

@chi-e-z mentioned she’s been raped. I find the number and increasing incidences of BN commenters who mention they’ve been raped, some more than once, in the comments section of various posts alarming. A lady commenter, now married, mentioned on Sugabelly’s site that she’s been raped three times. @chi-e-z mentioned she was raped. No comment following, no sympathy, no advice, nothing.

Have we become numb?

• Josephine

December 8, 2015 at 4:25 pm

Ch-i-ez, I’m sorry you went through this. Thank God for your strength and thank you for sharing.

13. Anu

December 7, 2015 at 4:24 am

“these days” if you don’t like what you see, look elsewhere. there are women with covered clothes and there are some with crop tops and minis just like how some people prefer apples to oranges. If you don’t like apples then go and buy oranges. There are more troubling things in life eg. Your phone/light bill and what you will eat tomorrow than what SHE’s wearing.

These day ko,these days ni.

14. Anon

December 7, 2015 at 6:31 am

Sugrbelly is referring to the guy who justified her rape experience to how she was dressed. Bearing in mind the pictures I have seen of her modest.

15. The Buttery Hotness

December 7, 2015 at 7:02 am

Someone says she prefers classy over trendy and these ones are experiencing labour pangs. These (faux) neo-feminists just confuse themselves. You say a woman’s body is hers to do as she pleases (so are men’s, tbh), and someone says, Oh, I prefer classy to trendy (not even trashy o), I prefer to keep my good stuff for the one who matters, and you are drowning in bile. Is her body not hers to do as she pleases? E dakun, make up your minds.

As far as I’m concerned, it’s only guilty conscience that is strangling the ones that are upset, because they are clearly using torchlight to read their meanings to her tweets. I searched and searched, went through seven seas and over eight hills, and I did not find anything condescending in her tweets.

They should kontinue. Riley Curry will soon come for them.

16. whoever

December 7, 2015 at 10:19 am

Common Sense is a Flower that does not grow in Everyone’s Garden.
    Ayeesha Prefers covered up bearing in mind that she’s a young wife and all, that’s her preference. Just like some people prefer Oranges to Apples and some Apples to Oranges, it doesnt mean Oranges are bad or Apples are either.
    + the guy who mentioned the rape issue is completely stupid. Not much respect is given to a woman’s body and I think boys should be taught from a young age to cherish a woman’s body, so when they become men they won’t think of things like Rape or abuse.
    Ladies should also please be careful, if you see anything suspicious about a guy you r dating when he’s angry or something pls RUN! Please be careful about where you go at nights too.

Riley is coming for all the haters. Lol

17. Niyoola

December 7, 2015 at 12:19 pm

People who misguided. I people that responded are not feminists. They are rabid people looking for people to troll , pounce on

18. .....just saying

April 9, 2016 at 2:19 am

Speaking of which, any update on that sugabelly case mbok?