Sweet Spot

PR Girl Mariam Adeyemi’s Beautiful Poolside “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” Bridal Shower

BellaNaija.com

Mariam Adeyemi's Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower_BellaNaija Weddings 2015_o2Love prevails!

Mariam Adeyemi, CEO of PR agency Mariam Adeyemi Company and American oil & gas professional John Timmer are all set to get married this month in Lagos and Dubai. Their traditional engagement is on Sunday the 20th, while their white wedding is on Boxing Day.

The couple got engaged this time last year – click here for the proposal news and here for Mariam and John’s pre-wedding shoot.

Mariam’s poolside bridal shower and brunch took place this past Sunday December 13, 2015  and had a “Breakfast at Tiffany, Mariam & Co” theme. The bride-to-be wore a knee-length powder blue dress with white lace applique by Tiannah Styling.

Balloons, cake, laughter and tears made the day one to remember. Here are the photos!

~ Photography: Spicy Inc StudioMariam Adeyemi's Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower_BellaNaija Weddings 2015_i Mariam Adeyemi's Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower_BellaNaija Weddings 2015_h4 Mariam Adeyemi's Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower_BellaNaija Weddings 2015_f6 Mariam Adeyemi's Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower_BellaNaija Weddings 2015_j1 Mariam Adeyemi's Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower_BellaNaija Weddings 2015_k2 Mariam Adeyemi's Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower_BellaNaija Weddings 2015_157 Mariam Adeyemi's Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower_BellaNaija Weddings 2015_s1 Mariam Adeyemi's Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower_BellaNaija Weddings 2015_y2 Mariam Adeyemi's Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower_BellaNaija Weddings 2015_z Mariam Adeyemi's Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower_BellaNaija Weddings 2015_w Mariam Adeyemi's Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower_BellaNaija Weddings 2015_48 Mariam Adeyemi's Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower_BellaNaija Weddings 2015_65 Mariam Adeyemi's Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower_BellaNaija Weddings 2015_q Mariam Adeyemi's Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower_BellaNaija Weddings 2015_r Mariam Adeyemi's Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower_BellaNaija Weddings 2015_1211 Mariam Adeyemi's Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower_BellaNaija Weddings 2015_1111 Mariam Adeyemi's Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower_BellaNaija Weddings 2015_84

Source: Mariam Adeyemi Company Blog | Photography: Spicy Inc Studio

1. Tayo

December 17, 2015 at 6:25 am

Awwww. Congrats. Despite all the drama, you still pulled off a beautiful bridal shower.

But if I were you, with all the drama from your fiancé’s wife/ex wife, I won’t post this on my Instagram or send it to blogs. I ll lay low till the wedding is over. You looked gorgeous, however.

• RIFF RAFF

December 17, 2015 at 7:21 am

He he he. Yes o! Do not under- estimate a naija woman who is bent on getting married. She is not the first and will definitely not be the last. Her situation is not unique; Have we not seen our female celebs determined to “die there” even when the unresolved issues/dramas of their partners stare at them on the face?
      Abeg , cookies and fresh orange juice anyone?

• onyi

December 17, 2015 at 12:55 pm

I prefer Zobo and local popcorn for this one for this one.Thanks !

• ATL's finest

December 17, 2015 at 11:59 pm

@ Onyi lmao u cracked me up.. As for Marian good luck & U get mind too.. That’s d spirit sha & great decor BTW, after all , everything don’t ve to b pink all d time when it comes to bridal shower

• Anna

December 18, 2015 at 6:38 pm

Is it me or are the dates on the gift hamper a month early? I wish her happiness sha 🙂

• Self-Sufficient

December 17, 2015 at 7:27 am

Lovely decor. I will be refreshing this page.

The quest to be a Mrs continues…

• DD

December 17, 2015 at 10:17 am

Na real quest o. The struggle is real.

2. Legs

December 17, 2015 at 6:27 am

Those legs?

• Mz Titilitious

December 17, 2015 at 9:12 am

o tiny baje

3. jide

December 17, 2015 at 6:28 am

Awaiting Russian madam’s clap back.
    Meanwhile where is the lady who sold popcorn during the first episode of this trilogy? I need a junior size extra butter.

Cheers!

4. Legs

December 17, 2015 at 6:29 am

Ps this girl is bold

5. Finally!finally

December 17, 2015 at 6:41 am

Warridis ?Dose legs d American try?

6. seun

December 17, 2015 at 6:46 am

Them legs though??? Bruh?

*Sips chai tea*☕☕

• eno

December 17, 2015 at 6:53 am

Yes she has beautiful legs…very model like. Glad u noticed

• toothpick legs

December 21, 2015 at 12:26 pm

I’m just so happy to see someone with legs like mine rocking minis and stillettos. They don’t look the sexiest, but should she not dress how she likes bcos of that? As much as I don’t like the drama surrounding her, I’ve learnt one thing today- rock your scrawny skinny legs like you don’t care. I will not come and go and kill my self na……Hehehehe.

• lmao! joke

December 30, 2015 at 10:55 pm

Lmao! E say na beautiful, beautiful and bleashing. Not surprised sha *side eye*

7. eno

December 17, 2015 at 6:52 am

Hey Mariam, I love your boldness. Enjoy your life jare. We only have 1 life to live and that is it. Sure you will look beautiful on your wedding day.

• True that

December 17, 2015 at 5:15 pm

Hiiiii Mariam. (Waves)… ?

• ATL's finest

December 18, 2015 at 12:02 am

@ Eno abeg shift to d next Lane… Mariam’s P.A

8. LOVE

December 17, 2015 at 6:54 am

Please some popcorn and zobo for free while we wait for comments, Na legs of life oh

9. Tari

December 17, 2015 at 7:31 am

@ifeanyi, which option is this one? A,B,C abi na D?

• dadatic

December 17, 2015 at 8:44 am

LWKMD Tari help us ask oo. This one pass Ifeanyi’s options.

10. Anonymous

December 17, 2015 at 7:41 am

I’m confused. I don’t know whether to commend her bravery or to ask if she never learns.

• Wanttoknow

December 18, 2015 at 1:22 am

What happened ?? All this half gist it isnor good ohh

• ATL's finest

December 18, 2015 at 8:21 am

Lmao @ Want to know.. To get all the scoop, scroll to the beginning of the page, http://www.bellanaija.com/2015/11/01/exclusive-mariam-adeyemi-and-fiance-john-timmers-pre-wedding-photos/ so anyhow she. After the pre-wedding made its debut (lol) to BN, as usual we have a lot of people tapping into the blessing and wanting mix kids smh.. A week later , Mariam’s oyibo hubby to be has got a wife or an Ex- (whatever d Status is) claps back to BN & brought a huge 411 info (find am make u read am) which drew so much comments & of course u trust ur BN sis/bros: for its never a dull moment with such article.

Chia this APROKO no be work ooo ! Voluntary work ?????abegi it’s Christmas holiday so make I enjoy am in EVERY way.

11. Puzzles

December 17, 2015 at 7:42 am

so…. what’s the True Hollywood Story? Is he married to the other woman or is she just a bitter ex-wife?

As the wedding is still taking place, I’m inclined to believe that the true story is quite similar to the Mercy Johnson pre-wedding saga..

I mean, the groom-to-be can’t be stupid enough to go thru with the wedding if he’s really still married to the other woman knowing the legal implications in his country.

• Afua

December 17, 2015 at 9:56 am

As long as he doesn’t sign a marriage licence or certificate, he cannot be charged with bigamy. I have a feeling the Dubai wedding will just be ceremonial.

• Zoma

December 17, 2015 at 12:09 pm

@Puzzles

Well said!

John is not stupid. I believe the wedding is still going to take place because there’s nothing that can stop it.

No normal human can see fire and still jump into it. Life is way more precious than that.

• Emannuel

December 20, 2015 at 5:25 am

yes. he’s still married

12. HOUSE OF ZINO

December 17, 2015 at 7:57 am

Congrats Miriam…May God bless your union.

13. Anonymous

December 17, 2015 at 8:46 am

Wow Lovely Gown and Decor

14. Chi

December 17, 2015 at 9:04 am

Haba what was making everyone cry? Na wa oo

15. NSe

December 17, 2015 at 9:12 am

This aunty is ready to die here!

16. Afua

December 17, 2015 at 9:51 am

In order for John not to get arrested for bigamy, the wedding in Dubai will just be ceremonial, not legal. To the outside world, she will be seen as a “married” woman, but not quite, as no legal papers would have been signed.
    I’m sure they will legalise things once he gets a divorce. He better pray the wife doesn’t use all these BN posts in her divorce petition!

PS. What does Mariam’s mum have to say about all this? My mum would snatch me by the edges!

• DD

December 17, 2015 at 10:20 am

I agree. Probably won’t be a legal ceremony. Omo… my mum, sisters and aunties would all have kittens!!! By the time they finish with me I would just sit down and write a ‘Dear John’ letter. But Mariam seems like a very determined young lady….

• lahmeet

December 17, 2015 at 4:48 pm

LOL! Na really dear john letter

• June

December 17, 2015 at 10:52 am

Lol! @ being snatched by the edges ! Haha

• Zoma

December 17, 2015 at 12:07 pm

Afua

I’d rather say we watch and see what happens than predict. All in all, we are not holier ourselves.

What’s what doing, is worth doing well. Unless you’re a family member to either John or Mariam or the Russian wife, you never really can tell.

• Mrs. T

December 17, 2015 at 4:56 pm

I’m not even accusing her for going ahead with the wedding and having a bridal shower, even though I won’t go ahead with it if I were her. (God forbid, sorry just had to). However, she’s not quite reasonable for sending the pictures to blogs, particularly BN who put her on a blast. Not to mention that her husband-to-be, his legal wife can use the pictures lawfully against them. Wisdom is key here. I wonder the noise of having your stuff on BN, there’s beauty in privacy. The same BN that leaked your secrets to the world. Some people will never learn.
      Good luck, Mariam.

• Bey

December 18, 2015 at 4:01 pm

My dear u speak truth……….. If I were her even if I go on to still get married, everything will be low-key. I def won’t be hiring a professional photog and know put on BN that leaked d story. Even d Dubai wld be very strictly by Iv and wld rather pictures are not circulated. Another point is she might be trying to show d ex wife that she can’t be moved. Brave girl Nways…….. It’s her marriage, her choice. I more or less see d woman as a pained ex. I just hope d guy can atlst still provide and be dere for his kids.

17. laugh

December 17, 2015 at 9:54 am

Na laugh I dey

18. Marc Francis of Chelsea

December 17, 2015 at 10:25 am

More like Breakfast at Tiannah’s Place empire

19. Tee

December 17, 2015 at 10:28 am

“I showed him that Nigerian women are trendy. He loved my lovely designer dress and was amazed at my fashion sense” my dear, I remember those words in your marriage proposal. Those were your attributes. Anyway, prepare for marriage not the wedding. Your showing off attitude and superficial lifestyle says more about your person. Hmmmm just saying, maybe u go learn after marriage, since age no do him work

20. A-nony

December 17, 2015 at 10:28 am

And what’s wrong with her legs? Did she create herself or give herself the legs? When you create an ant, come back and talk to us.
    Madam Mariam, flaunt those legs all you want jare.

21. Ready

December 17, 2015 at 10:40 am

Loool. Ok o.

22. Nnechi Spicy

December 17, 2015 at 11:08 am

Nwanyi oma, ibikwala odo?
    Ngwanu where is thatu pop corn seller?
    Measurum otu big bowl diar. Then addituru copu zobo. Tainkyu.

• chi

December 22, 2015 at 12:13 pm

Nwannem, a likirim otu i si asu asusu anyi. Chai a chigburum onwem ochi.

• hahaha

December 30, 2015 at 11:03 pm

Nnechi na Chi, umu nnem engiri-Igbo unite! Hahaha, hapu kwa nu, asusu anyi ji ato pieces! O to ka ri ri mmanyi ngwo na ji abubo. Igbo kwenu! Anyi ga na aga n’iru ruo mgbe ebighi ebi, iseee.

23. Zoma

December 17, 2015 at 11:31 am

You guys have zero chill! Back to work! I know this post was going to make it to Bella Naija and I was awaiting the comments.

See you at the wedding!

24. Olayemi

December 17, 2015 at 11:49 am

I must marry by force. Women see all the glaring drama and chook their head. Carry o jare. Na your life, your drama. I like that dress tho, make I snip am send to my designer. Heheheheheheheh

25. Missy

December 17, 2015 at 12:49 pm

What’s all this about drinking zobo with pop corn? Is this a Mariam-John-and-RussianMadam-saga thing or do people do that for real?

• whocares

December 17, 2015 at 1:18 pm

@Missy- My dear Missy. We eat popcorn and wash it down with tea/zobo because one cannot watch a drama unfold without the appropriate erm ipapanu. It’s just unnatural. Do you go to the cinema empty handed? why then should we watch real drama unfold with empty mouths and stomachs? Let me throw in a made up adage here: one does not approach the goat’s anus and say that is smells. That is to say, if you cannot beat them, don’t wonder about it just shrug and join them. Here is a cuppa tea and some pop corn for you darling.. I hope you did not waste your time attempting to decipher my bs sha. lol.
      Now on to the matter at hand. When I first saw this picture, I wondered to myself “what is this lady trying to prove and to who?” She is the PR guru, so she knows. Mine is just to sit and let BN entertain me.

• Nnechi Spicy

December 17, 2015 at 3:22 pm

BwahaHahahahaha @whocares you be case honestly. This your explanation reminds me of exam questions where we’re told to ‘discuss’ a certain topic. You really discussed d popcorn and zobo theory.

26. Diana

December 17, 2015 at 3:20 pm

Marriage is a do or die affair for Nigerian women. Also, an accomplishment to many of them. Madam could have laid low & settled the family drama since she’s determined to transition from “miss 2 mrs” (written on one of the cakes). But an iMust marry woman will boldly show off her newest “accomplishment”.lol. Good luck to her though.

• Belema

December 18, 2015 at 1:45 am

“Marriage is a do or die affair for Nigerian women. ” That is a VERY stupid generalization. I’m sure you do know it’s immensely illogical and irrational to generalize. I’m sure you went to high school and college, you can or could say “a couple” “some” or “most”. As opposed to saying “Nigerian Women”. These kind of comments agitate me.

27. NaijaPikin

December 17, 2015 at 4:56 pm

I thought she was with Bobby Taylor. I guess not.

The dress doesn’t work well for her. I agree with others, no marriage license will be signed.

28. Mrs. T

December 17, 2015 at 5:00 pm

Ever since the scandal, she’s been looking stressed and pale in almost all pictures I’ve seen of her, I really hope she’s genuinely alright.

Ps- This is where you’ll see Taje.

29. Zee

December 17, 2015 at 5:02 pm

CHOI…..SEE LEGS…. DAMN GIRL

30. GirlFromIpanema

December 17, 2015 at 6:59 pm

BN Comment section NEVER disappoints!!! I just tend to somersault straight to comments without reading the main post knowing that’s where to get the “koko”of the story and plenty fillers lool??.

God bless una BN commenters, Una no go run out of Lipton oo ☕☕

• Nnechi Spicy

December 17, 2015 at 10:15 pm

…popcorn and zobo too.

31. DollarsBaby

December 17, 2015 at 11:17 pm

pool side breakfast at tiffany’s ko, pool side hangout to chop cake and fanta at random location ni. where are the breakfast items????? This girl needs to take several seats!!!!!! She really should have laid low until the drama settled down and there is peace. But again good publicity o, bad publicity o, all na publicity- maybe she likes it.

32. ATL's finest

December 18, 2015 at 12:07 am

When I have a long and tiring day at work, all I have to do is click on BN & Ta-DA all their comments just get me rolling and laughing my ASS OFF. BN sis/bro( my dysfunctional FAM) with their un-sanitized typing hands.