Style

All You Need is Some Sellotape! Would You Try Huda Kattan of Huda Beauty’s Highlight & Contour Hack?

BellaNaija.com

Huda Kattan Huda Beauty Highlight and Contour Tutorial - BellaNaija - January2016005The ability to highlight and contour has become one of the must-have skills of the makeup world. However, a good number of women, and sometimes men, still struggle to get their highlight & contour game strong.

That’s why uber-popular makeup artist & beauty blogger Huda Kattan of Huda Beauty decided to share what she says is the “easiest way to contour your face.

Huda uses strips of sellotape for this mini-tutorial. She covers up the sides of her face she wants to highlight with the tape, leaving the parts she wants to contour exposed. Remember, you contour where you want to have depth i.e: the natural hollows of your face; and highlight the parts of your face you want to be more protruded or stand out i.e: the elevated parts of your face.

Huda Kattan Huda Beauty Highlight and Contour Tutorial - BellaNaija - January2016001 Huda Kattan Huda Beauty Highlight and Contour Tutorial - BellaNaija - January2016

After applying the tapes she applies her contour and then peels the tapes off. The tapes act as a stencil and when peeled off, reveal clean dark sections on her face. She then goes on to highlight, and then blends away the harsh lines.

Huda Kattan Huda Beauty Highlight and Contour Tutorial - BellaNaija - January2016002 Huda Kattan Huda Beauty Highlight and Contour Tutorial - BellaNaija - January2016003

The finished look – a pretty good highlight & contour.

Huda Kattan Huda Beauty Highlight and Contour Tutorial - BellaNaija - January2016004

Now, for any makeup lover, highlighting and contouring already takes a good amount of time to accomplish. So is this way better? Her Instagram army (@HudaBeauty) of over 10 million seem to think so. On her page, where she shared the time-lapse tutorial, IGers commented on how amazing the method was saying they would definitely give it a try. Although there were a few people who thought doing this tutorial everyday is going to be even more stressful.

Watch the video HERE and let us know what you think. Would you be trying this method at home?

Photo Credit: @HudaBeauty (Instagram)

1. ATL's finest

January 18, 2016 at 2:33 pm

Brilliant idea but wouldn’t try it.. I don’t need a tape pulling my hair too..(Ouch) but do I see a Kim K/ Klyie J wanna be ??

• similicious

January 18, 2016 at 3:22 pm

Clearly, you don’t know who Hudda is… She is a makeup mogul and most celebs that you mentioned use her lashes. So….

2. Somto

January 18, 2016 at 3:32 pm

Bella please this is the right spelling Cellotape. Thank me later.

• Californiabawlar

January 18, 2016 at 4:19 pm

Omg! Sellotape (in my most natural Yoruba accent) has a spelling?!! ??? In my three decades of living I have never seen it spelled…thought it was something we made up as Nigerians hehehe…. Thinking about it sha, I know ‘cellophane’ as a material, just never connected the two.

Meanwhile, I’ve confessed to my ignorance o but my phone autocorrected your ‘cellotape’ to ‘sellotape’ or ‘cello tape’ ….

All is well that ends well…I’ve come to the realization of something new today… I can now go back to sleep.

• Sorry Somto

January 18, 2016 at 5:55 pm

This spelling is actually correct. It’s S not C

• Lola

January 18, 2016 at 9:28 pm

It’s Sellotape madame spelling police. Thank me later 🙂

• Eaglebabe

January 20, 2016 at 9:49 am

Sellotape is a British brand of transparent, cellulose-based adhesive tape and is the leading brand in UK. The term has become a genericised trademark in Britain, and is used much in the same way that cellophane and scotch tape came to be used in America, referring to any brand of clear adhesive tape.

The name was derived from “Sellophane”, which itself was derived from Cellophane, at that time a trademarked name, with the “C” changed to “S” so that the new name could be trademarked. As an example of a genericised trademark, it has an entry in the Oxford English Dictionary.

Basically, Cellotape is a contraction of cellophane tape and Sellotape is a brand name. So, all Sellotape is cellotape but not all cellotape is Sellotape.

3. @edDREAMZ

January 18, 2016 at 3:34 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    God am dead….. Angel of my life pls come to me o am begging yu……
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

4. bruno

January 18, 2016 at 4:39 pm

after all that effort, she’s till a 4/10

5. Olu

January 18, 2016 at 5:22 pm

All this to have a skinny-looking face??

Na wah o …the struggle must be real true true