Career

Apply for the Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme (TEEP) 2016

BellaNaija.com

Budding entrepreneurs across Africa can now apply to join the second annual Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme (TEEP) for start-up businesses based in Africa.

The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme application portal opened for entries on January 1, 2016 and will accept applications until Midnight WAT on March 1, 2016.

To apply, entrepreneurs must complete the online application form on the web portal here

Successful applicants who complete the programme will receive the local currency equivalent of N850,000 as non-returnable seed capital, and are eligible for a further N850,000 in the form of either debt or equity, depending on business need and other criteria.

Selected entrepreneurs will join the existing cohort of 1,000 Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurs, from 51 countries, who formed the inaugural 2015 cycle of the programme and have thus far, received considerable benefits from their participation, including:

• Training: 12 weeks of training on how to set up and manage businesses with mentoring and financial support offered by The Tony Elumelu Foundation.
  • Accelerated Growth: Over 90% of Tony Elumelu entrepreneurs, with existing businesses, have reported increased growth in the past year.
  • Access to Further Funding: A significant portion of our entrepreneurs have accessed additional external funding through the platform provided by Tony Elumelu Foundation.
  • Networking Opportunities: A flourishing alumni network has developed, providing personal linkages and business opportunities across the Continent.

Founder, serial entrepreneur and philanthropist Tony O. Elumelu said:

“I believe in empowerment that can change the face of Africa as we know it. African entrepreneurs are our future leaders and I am passionate about giving them the opportunity to succeed.

‎The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme is a major, deliberate effort on my part, to institutionalise luck and provide seed capital funding, mentoring, business training, pan-African networking and springboard that our aspiring Entrepreneurs need to leap from.”

CEO of the Tony Elumelu Foundation, Parminder Vir OBE, made a call for an even broader participation in TEEP this year, saying,

“We encourage women and men with business ideas from all sectors, from every region, city, town and village across Africa, to apply. This is your programme and if you can demonstrate your passion and commitment, then this wonderful opportunity to become a Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur could be yours for the taking.”

The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme is open to citizens and legal residents of all 54 African countries. Applications for 2016 open on 1 January and can be made by any for-profit business based in Africa, including new business ideas which have been in existence for less than three years.

About TEEP

TEEP is a commitment by the Tony Elumelu Foundation to identify and fund 10,000 African entrepreneurs over a 10-year period.

It is our answer to the question of how to catalyse change on a massive scale across Africa, seeking to add $10 billion of additional revenues to Africa’s economy; provide over one million new jobs; and create a new generation of empowered entrepreneurs.

TEEP commenced in December 2014, with a funding pledge of Naira 17bn (US$100m equivalent) by the Foundation and the inaugural 2015 round drew over 20,000 applicants from 51 African countries.

1. j'suis belle

January 2, 2016 at 12:52 pm

like BN said thisi year will be great so Lord me to selected this year for this TEEP grants. Thank you JESU

2. Naomi Ejim

January 2, 2016 at 12:53 pm

Wow!!! This is another great way of starting a new year.may God bless him for such good thought and i pray I fall under the ‘worthy’ category of young entrepreneurs.

3. princess adeyinka

January 2, 2016 at 7:40 pm

Last year , I miraculously found about the Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program. Guess what, I received $5000 seed capital to start my business. Today the application is now opened to African entrepreneurs to win the same opportunity. Here is the link tonyelumelufoundation.org/teep/ . All the best. Princess Adeyinka

• Ba

January 4, 2016 at 10:33 am

Confirm! Saw a name that seems like yours in media & entertainment category. This is for real.
      This will ease my entrepreneur journey.

• Tony Elumelu Foundation

January 4, 2016 at 6:09 pm

Thank you for sharing, please remember the seed capital was just one part of what your received from the programme: 12 week training, mentoring, webinars, network with 1000 other TEEP 2015 entrepreneurs across 51 African countries not to mention the TEEP Bootcamp in Lagos. So like Princess Adeyinka said, apply.

4. Ba

January 4, 2016 at 10:19 am

I appreciate TEEP foundation for this opportunity.

5. Francis Nthenda

January 4, 2016 at 11:10 am

Got to try my luck, Africa belongs to entrepreneurs! It’s good the world have such people, banks and lending institutions are scary to young entrepreneurs!

6. mawuli orsah

January 4, 2016 at 1:01 pm

I thank God for the opportunity i am also going to try my luck since this is the hope for africa now and forever, thanks

7. mawuli orsah

January 4, 2016 at 1:41 pm

we thank god for the opportunity

8. Vee

January 4, 2016 at 9:34 pm

??

9. Michael Anthony

January 5, 2016 at 2:19 am

wow! this is a very innovative development that will catapult Africa socio- economic development. i want to be an entrepreneur as well as very keen advocate in innovation, as such i believe this is the opportunity i have been praying for. may it help me achieve my goal.. Thank you Mr Tony Elumelu.

10. Eno Usoroh

January 5, 2016 at 2:23 am

TEEP is an endeavour that will go down in history as one o the best things out of Africa. God bless Sir TOE and the entire TEEP Family. I am also a beneficiary of the 2015 seed capital which I am using to kick start my educational services. The 12 weeks online mentorship training, the Boot camp experience, the networking opportunities and being a member of such a prestigious Alumni are just a few of the benefits. I encourage as many as possible to apply. Our ideas will transform Africa….yes we can!

11. Alabi shakiru

January 11, 2016 at 6:35 pm

I will like to go into poultry farming.

12. memory

January 12, 2016 at 10:00 pm

can someone kindly send me a direct link for application

13. arinda nicholas

January 14, 2016 at 10:55 pm

This will enhance economic growth to african as whole we really thank toney and God shd reward you a baundately and your family

14. Tony Anyebe

January 25, 2016 at 10:11 am

Great iniative. But how can the foundation also include a programme on how they can help recover peoples money frm contracts executed with gov and top organistions.

15. ANTHONY K CHELULE

January 26, 2016 at 3:22 pm

Here in Kenya, I will try.

16. Simangaliso Mhlanga

February 4, 2016 at 11:10 am

l’m inspired by what Mr Elumelu has accomplished its now our turn to do the same to the generation to come but for now we need help.Some of us did not get the privilege of going to Universities but we have been in business for a long time Sir we need your help and to those who got the privilege of getting help from one of the most accomplish man in Africa l say be faithful.May God Bless Tony Elumelu.

17. MICHAEL OWOH

February 8, 2016 at 2:34 pm

Nice and great opportunity…..i have to get this!

18. Rahemati

February 9, 2016 at 2:07 pm

This is the great opportunities for African entrepreneurs who want to stars a business and participate and contribute own role for developing Africa .

19. Quinter

February 10, 2016 at 9:05 pm

I will give it a try, am an Agripreneur and wish to be a job creator. am passionate about creating employment but my challenge is financial start up.

20. Maeda Anwar

February 24, 2016 at 3:11 pm

where can I get application form? I tried but I couldn’t get……

21. oroma Robert

February 26, 2016 at 3:55 pm

it’s a good program especially for women and youths across Africa , thanks.

22. Kemah Duweh

February 27, 2016 at 2:00 pm

I am the founder of Fredkema Business empowerment incorporated and would like to benefit from your organization’s training and startup package. I live in Liberia and would appreciate you informing when its is ready. thanks

23. vanessa

March 1, 2016 at 6:03 pm

pls i have registered but no mail was said to my inbox to complete the registration process. this has made me unable to apply. please do something

24. mark tobechi A.

July 27, 2016 at 10:16 am

I got informed by a friend about TEEP and was really amazed.can’t wait for 2017 application form to fill.am sure gonna enroll n hope il b selected among the lucky ones.God bless TEEP

25. Adewale T. Daniel

August 27, 2016 at 8:04 am

I am privileged to found about the TEEP and was really excited, I learnt the next registration will be till 2017, I have a business idea that have been on me since last year due to financial constraint, but I will greatly appreciate it if I can be shown Grace to be help and attended to as urgent to embark on the new idea deposited in me to change lives; presently am self-employed as a graphic designer/prints, got married last year December, am a hard working man but really in need to change my world , have great impact to lives worldwide, it will be my great honour if am considered; thanks God bless Africa, God bless Nigeria, God bless you.

26. Aisha Othman

October 1, 2016 at 9:27 pm

this is laudable developmemt.well done

27. Abel Onojah Elijah

February 9, 2017 at 4:14 pm

TEEP is a welcoming development in our country Nigeria, most especially in this period of our economic crisis. i can’t afford to wait for the next set empowerment. Am an agronomist by profession who seeks to go into a large scale farming [Agriculture] in Nigeria. By so doing to create jobs for the young teemed youth and to also reduce the rate of unemployment in the country. i can be reached by the following contact:: [email protected] or 08069214555. Thank you for the great opportunity you brought to us, we are glad. God bless.