Have you ever spent so much on human hair bundles and after a month or two, the hair just starts misbehaving (tangling, matting, shedding etc.) and not necessarily because it’s not good quality? The hair may simply be dried out or weak due to lack of nourishment from the scalp.
I stumbled on this trick a while ago on YouTube, it seemed so ludicrous at the time but I was brave enough to try it out and was pleasantly surprised! I have been doing it ever since and it works wonderfully well.
Ever heard of the hot oil hair treatment? It is a method of restoring health to hair, using natural oils. The oil is heated applied to the hair and allowed to sit for a while. This treatment ensures that the hair really absorbs the oils which can then perform various functions.
The same thing applies to human hair, and can be used to restore your hair bundles to their former lustre and glory. Here is how to carry out the treatment:
- Comb the hair out and detangle
- Remove any combs, rubber or metal
- Apply generous amounts of hair mayo and natural oils (olive oil, coconut oil, etc)
- Comb the hair to make sure the product is well distributed
- Put the hair in a plastic bag and make sure it air tight
- Put it in a microwave for 1 minute (2 minutes max!)
- The bag should be very hot. Wrap a towel around the bag with the hair.
- Leave it for about 10 hours
- Rinse the hair
The difference will be so clear. I’ve had hair pieces as old as 3 years that still look fabulous! I’d love to know if you try this out and if it works for you.
Before you try this, make sure the hair is actually human hair. I have never tried this with synthetic hair or the synthetic-human hair blend and I have no idea what the result would be. Also don’t leave your hair in the microwave for too long. Try a minute first and then, if the hair isn’t hot enough leave it for another minute.
Watch this tutorial on Lovette’s House of Style‘s channel
I really hope you found this helpful.