Scoop

First Look at Kerry Washington as Anita Hill in HBO’s “Confirmation” | Watch Teaser

BellaNaija.com

Kerry Washington Anita Hill

A couple of months ago it was announced that Kerry Washington would be playing to role of Anita Hill in HBO film “Confirmation” and now there’s a first look at the movie which is based on the 1991 Clarence Thomas Supreme Court nomination hearings.

Anita Hill is a woman who accused Supreme Court nominee Clarence Thomas of sexual harassment and was accused of fabricating the claim to support a bid to sabotage his career.

Kerry Washington

Kerry Washington

Anita Hill

Anita Hill

The movie also stars Wendell Pierce as Clarence Thomas, as well as Erika Christensen, Jennifer Hudson, Greg Kinnear, Jeffrey Wright, Bill Irwin, and Eric Stonestreet in supporting roles.

Watch the teaser below.

1. Okada man

February 18, 2016 at 12:46 pm

Ha, I cant wait kwa!

2. Prince

February 18, 2016 at 1:00 pm

Nice one but Jennifer Hudson looks more like Anita Hill

• Damilola

February 18, 2016 at 4:47 pm

@ prince

It’s not always about looks but also delivery. Kerry Washington fits the role very well especially her exposure to politics. Jennifer Hudson fits more into dramatic singing roles. This is an informative movie, a story that shaped American politics when it comes to women and sexual assault.

3. similicious

February 18, 2016 at 1:07 pm

Finally Hollywood, stories worth telling.

4. Single Shalewa, Bitter Bintu!

February 18, 2016 at 1:43 pm

Lol @similicious Hollywood has been telling stories since yonder. Or you wanted to type Nollywood?

5. RichyGame

February 18, 2016 at 2:07 pm

Wow! I remember the proceedings was it on CNN then but my take home from it all was “I’ve heard enough lies” and it was in the courtroom as I remember. In fact, I have been using that line ever since. Oh well, the whole drama was adapted for TV. C. Thomas was eventually confirmed!

6. Oma

February 18, 2016 at 4:07 pm

Oh my Kerry, am so watching

7. Ebere

February 19, 2016 at 9:09 pm

A day after my birthday, YAY!!!!!!!!!!I’m so watching it………

8. Precious

February 19, 2016 at 11:16 pm

Kerry Washington is going to deliver. Nollywood should learn to bring more of our escapades to the big screen.