Career

How to take your Business from Store to Online! R&R Luxury used Storefront.com.ng to Get to the Next Level

Many entrepreneurs struggle with how to move from their brick and mortar stores to the wonderful world of e-commerce online.

Storefront.com.ng is a product that allows merchants have their own online store.

By signing up to Storefront, merchants automatically get a FREE online store with limited features.

They can however get more from their account by upgrading to our paid plan to enjoy these and much more:

• Setup of online credit card payments (allows Quickteller payments, Visa Card, Verve Card, MasterCard, Bank Transfers and ATM payments)
  • Custom marketing banners displayed on the site
  • Custom domain name and email etc
  • Storefront.com.ng is easy to use and it only takes a few minutes to get started.

Store Front Nigeriawww.storefront.com.ng talks to one of their clients Valerie Obaze, the CEO of R&R Luxury, to find out why she started the company and how she has improved her business with the help of www.storefront.com.ng

image00Valarie has been able to grow her business selling online at www.shop.randrluxury.com and here’s what she has to share concerning her experience and chosen e-commerce platform.

image01The History of R&R Luxury
R&R Luxury came out of a need to provide my newborn child with skincare products that were made from 100% natural ingredients and were available in abundance in our local environment. This led to the discovery of our anchor
product, Shea Oil which was quickly adopted by the rest of the family when we realized that we could all benefit from taking a more holistic approach to our skincare routines.

Transitioning to Selling Online
We live in a modern age where e-commerce is a way of life, so it was always part of our business plan to make our products available online, in order to reach a wider audience and also provide the convenience of shopping from the comfort of your own home. The move to e-commerce for us came many years down the line because we struggled to find a platform that would provide us with the one-stop solution of creating the look and feel of the website, providing a user-friendly backend and most importantly be able to also take on the mammoth task of making sure that we could receive card payments in a safe and reliable way. www.storefront.com.ng provided all of that and more, so they were the obvious choice.

image04Challenges Faced?
The challenge in growing your workforce will always be the balance of input versus output, so the key thing for us when growing is to make sure that we have a firm grip on all of our figures to ensure that we are maximizing the manpower available to us and also having a strong business model so that we can see clearly when gaps need to be filled and make allowances for that.

Marketing Lessons Learned
As the CEO with a decade long background in PR & Marketing, we have been fortunate enough to make the most of the editorial opportunities available to us. What we are working on more now is digital marketing and cementing our online presence in the global village. I would say that the lesson learnt, very quickly when we started doing more marketing online is that you can’t do everything yourself. There are just some things that are better left to the experts. So moving forward we have “seasoned professionals” working on our Google ads, social media and SEO optimization.

image03Road to Success!
We are still on the path to success and are working on growing day by day. Initially our business relied very much on “word of mouth” marketing and we were growing in a pretty much organic way. That changed when we decided to take a more intentional approach to business and invest in building a company made to last beyond our years.

Want to get your business online?

– Visit www.storefront.com.ng
– Click on the Signup button
– Enter your details
– Click Signup

Setup your store and start selling.

__________________________________________________________________
Sponsored Content

1. David

March 7, 2016 at 11:45 am

…..cool article…..I also use this product and they are on point……

2. Olanma

March 7, 2016 at 11:52 am

Good article but if you want your business online and you want to create more publicity for it, I’ll say Jumia or Konga instead; they are Nigeria’s largest online retailers. And you have more people shopping on these platforms; Jumia and Konga. Just my opinion, and ultimately the truth.

• Olanma

March 7, 2016 at 11:53 am

Very interesting article as R%R Luxury also started on Jumia and is still on Jumia.

3. Nigeria Money

March 7, 2016 at 11:58 am

Taking your business online is a very good step in the right direction. Nigerians are getting more enlightened about the power of the internet nowadays and you can leverage on this to start making more profits from your business.

4. JENNIFER

March 7, 2016 at 12:49 pm

Is she advertising Storefont? I have bought her products on Jumia before. Anyway, I have never heard of storefront. E-commerce is good and people nowadays like convenient shopping; being a seller myself, the two trusted platforms in Nigeria presently are Konga and Jumia. More awareness for your goods, plus most Nigerians are very familiar with these two companies.

5. Bisola

March 7, 2016 at 9:49 pm

Storefront seems like is a great idea for small businesses. I have shopped on Jumia and Konga in the past but love the idea of having my own realiable dedicated site to sell my products, I think there’s enough room for everyone. But I must say, I love what Storefront has done with the R&R site, it’s user friendly and easy to use. Think il give them a try.

6. Bukola

March 8, 2016 at 9:42 am

Selling on Konga/Jumia is great but you know the customers aren’t loyal to you, owning your own storefront helps your brand awareness. That’s a beautiful template on R&R luxury and I’ll take that any day as a seller over high commission payouts and the risk of store suspension.

• Igwe

March 9, 2016 at 12:08 pm

The customers aren’t loyal to you? Are you a Storefront rep? I am not sure when you got that false information. I currently sell on both platforms; Jumia and Konga and have been doing so for over a year and I am a stay at home Mom; I cannot begin to tell you how much I make weekly; not to talk of monthly. More than what someone possibly makes working full-time. It is mind blowing. You can advertise Storefront, but you can certainly do it without bringing Jumia and Konga down. Even the Valerie who’s endorsing Storefront; which I have never heard of until now, sells on Jumia , even till now.

• Valerie Obaze

March 16, 2016 at 9:34 pm

Dear Igwe,

Thank you for your input. Congratulations on your online success, that is fantastic that you are able to make a great living as a stay at home mum! And You are absolutely right, Jumia do still stock my products and were one of my first retailers indeed. However I would like to take the time to point out the difference. To be fair you can’t even compare the two. Jumia, as many have said is a market place featuring several products and many brands, even competing ones, which is Not a problem.
      Storefront however give you your own dedicated website, with your own url (ie igwesproducts.com) and a choice of templates to choose from in creating your look and feel. They also walk you through the process of setting up your own website step – by- step and are always on the other end of the phone should you encounter a problem.

So if you ever plan to have your own dedicated e:commerce platform for your customers to shop your exclusive offering, then maybe you should engage storefront.com.ng . And they didn’t pay me to do this, I’m just happy to endorse a fantastic, homegrown product that has done wonders for my sales.

Have a wonderful evening and may God continue to bless the works of your hands.

Valerie

7. Storefront

March 8, 2016 at 11:42 am

Storefront was setup to provide merchants with their own unique online stores and is NOT a marketplace. Most of the merchants on our platform currently sell in the various online marketplaces but also desired to have their own sites where they could freely express their brands and not compete with others. You can check us out @ storefront.com.ng