Relationships

Empress Njamah on Baby Mamas “they feel sorry for themselves & wish they had a proper man”, Big Weddings & Short Marriages

Empress Njamah 1Actress and philanthropist Empress Njamah (she heads House of Empress Foundation) was recently asked about her dating life by Punch Newspaper.

The actress, who has chosen not to get married yet, had this to say about relationships, and current dating trends like being a “baby mama”.

On her professional life, she said she’s now focusing on her NGO, boutique and shoe line, but acting still remains a passion. You can read more on Punch, but here are some tidbits.

Empress Njamah 2On Baby Mamas

Most of them, who pretend that they are happy about being ‘Baby Mamas’ go home and feel sorry for themselves wishing that have a proper man.

On the Short Lifespan of Marriages in 2016

Most of the things happening in the industry are not encouraging. This week, you are happy and have a big wedding, the next, you have broken up. What is the essence?

On Women Outnumbering Men in the Dating Pool

I have friends who feel that they have got to a certain age and they are not taken. These days, there are 30 women to a man. There is no pressure on me for not being married because I come from an enlightened family.

1. Jaygirl

April 16, 2016 at 1:29 pm

Sorry for going off track but please where’s John Njamah?

2. Chinedu

April 16, 2016 at 1:51 pm

This girl is very stupid. Typical African female mentality. A baby mama desires the companion of a man but you yourself are single like the baby mama and seemingly happy. If you can be happy single why is it hard to understand that some single mothers are also happy single.

• Nahum

April 16, 2016 at 4:23 pm

God bless you o Chinedum

• "changing moniker"

April 18, 2016 at 10:52 am

single mother and baby mama….how they take correlate?
      baby mama: a woman who chooses to have a baby for a man she knows is unavailable, probable because he is rich or popular..
      y’all know the meaning of a single mother….
      comparing baby mamas to single mothers is an insult to women who had to raise kids themselves, through no fault of theirs.

• newbie

April 18, 2016 at 4:43 pm

It would be interesting to know how you arrived at your definition of baby mama. To the best of my knowledge it is a term used to describe a woman who has a child with a man she is not married to. Irrespective of fame or financial status of said baby daddy. A significant proportion of baby mamas and daddies in the US where the phrase originated are young, poor and not famous.

• Amaka d igbo chic

April 18, 2016 at 3:07 pm

Why use d word “stupid”? u can air your opinion without using fowl words at a woman who doesn’t even know u exist, boys like you should learn how to address people older than u….am sure u feel more stupid now.

3. B

April 16, 2016 at 2:25 pm

I knew she had to be single..prolly lonely too

4. Strit Kredibility

April 16, 2016 at 2:29 pm

‘…there are 30 women to a man…’ and they say women are less equal to men. It is men that should be shouting marginalization and counted as endangered specie na. Empress thank you for that statistic. Imagine!!!

5. Cheekie

April 16, 2016 at 2:53 pm

@Bella naija,i wonder why you didn’t do a post on Daisy Lewellyn’s death..Star of Blood Sweat and Heels.(Reality TV show). Or don’t people watch the show in Nigeria?
    But you have a post on Draya….Daisy fought cancer with dignity,humor,and grace,she was a beautiful soul.. A New York author,professional,style star and achieved a lot in her career..

• Ijebujesha

April 16, 2016 at 5:54 pm

How does that affect Nigerians? Did any American TV talk about Sam Loco’s death. All these ajebo pikin sef. Smh.

• ATL's finest

April 16, 2016 at 7:07 pm

@ Cheekie yes girl! God bless Daisy & she will be missed. Gone but not forgotten???

• ada

April 17, 2016 at 1:26 am

clearly the show is not popular in Nigeria.

• Californiabawlar

April 17, 2016 at 6:15 am

My jaw dropped when I read that she had died!!! It was hard to believe she was actually battling cancer while on the show. Reality tv is strange I tell you.
      She was such a sweet daddy’s girl…may her soul rip.

And BN doing a piece on her death will be more about her life really…she was a young(ish) black woman who had reasonable achievements.

• Iris

April 17, 2016 at 6:46 am

Never heard of her.

• showbobo

April 17, 2016 at 1:42 pm

We don’t know her. Most Nigerian will Just skip the post

6. 4real

April 16, 2016 at 3:41 pm

Good for her

7. Ms.b

April 16, 2016 at 4:22 pm

Some women want kids n don’t really care for a husband. Don’t know y some ppl find this hard to believe, not every woman wants a man! Some women enjoy the freedom of having regular sex with no attachment. YES, just like men

8. Naomi

April 16, 2016 at 5:28 pm

Timaya’s baby mama sub……

9. @edDREAMZ

April 16, 2016 at 5:30 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Women can never leave without love….. Wishing her all the best though….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

• slice

April 16, 2016 at 5:53 pm

Ed its live

10. really

April 16, 2016 at 5:36 pm

Everybody must bash single parents even you too empress. So mothers that were married and the marriage didnt work out; but bore kids are sad too because some deciede to walk away from abusive marriages . Or the so called single girls who had thier babies rather that get rid of it too are worse off. Did any single mum ask you or any one for money , so why all the bashing on single mothers . Thier life thier perogative. For the record am not a single mum , my cousin is and she was just unlucky with the wrong guy. Beautiful , strong , hardworking and other note worthy virtues are a few of her endless qualities . Does that give me or any one a reason to judge her or others? no.
    So some single girls are not unhappy too for one reason othe other . In fact must a woman be unhappy because of a man.
    Pls concentrate on your boutique cause your acting aint all that anyway. Even your boutique sef God help you , cause your dress sense no be for here at all.
    Bella Pls post .

11. oga oh

April 16, 2016 at 5:37 pm

Madam perfect , pls what of your sex tape . all na wash ……. single and most passed around.

12. oga oh

April 16, 2016 at 5:38 pm

pls dont get me started , we need a whole day for your low down .

• Clara

April 16, 2016 at 6:38 pm

whats got you so mad you gotta switch avatars and post soooo many dumb comments. Please go and cook stew for your babies mtchewwwwwww

13. oga oh

April 16, 2016 at 6:02 pm

Bella Naija as much we love you!. Why post some comments & leave others . Pls post my comment, every one is entitled to thier opinion. She has said hers so why the one sided mantra. moreover whats the whole essensce for comments sections if comments are only picked !

14. me

April 16, 2016 at 6:41 pm

Why would a woman love to live her life as a single mother if all things were well in her relationship? Some are forced to live that way. Show me a happy child who loves to live life as a one parent family if all things were OK.

The truth is that situations might have forced a woman to remain a single mum, but every child would really love to come from a stable home where love was evident.

15. Titi

April 16, 2016 at 6:45 pm

Lol baby mamas Don suffer! Chei! Even this old mama floxy is shaming baby mamas. Hehe

16. eniyola

April 16, 2016 at 6:50 pm

Hellllllo……she said BABY MAMAs NOT single mothers. I don’t think they are the same even if all estranged baby mamas are single parents.

17. Wunmi

April 16, 2016 at 7:31 pm

That is how they will be boasting upandan like they don’t secretly wish for a man that will love them.Tonto dikeh said worst things but when love arrest am,she gentle,come dey sing another song.Cos I still don’t understand how a grown up woman will say marriage is not on her mind.Just simply say u haven’t found your Mr X

• Mamza

April 16, 2016 at 8:52 pm

Marriage is not on my mind! I’m 36, can’t have children(premature ovarian failure at 17). I work just to take care of me and myself, my nieces and nephews and my parents. Im saving towards retirement. I’m comfortable. Travel around when I’m not working. Volunteer and keep myself busy most times. My dear marriage is not on my mind. It has nothing to do with finding mr right or mr left. My very close friend is 42, perfectly healthy, never being married, never had kids, never had the desire for either. So you see, a grown woman can say marriage is not on her mind. I’m just one example, there are many others like me.

18. Chioma

April 16, 2016 at 7:38 pm

Who asked her. The funny thing about Africa is that the biggest ashawos and those who have had so many abortions are the ones who harp the most about single mothers. It called deflection and aint nobody fooled by that. The virgins are happily living their life and are at peace with the choices they made. The hoes are the most pressed. Look at me I am not like them need for validation because they are unhappy with what is in their own closet. Single mothers should pay her dust.

19. Bey

April 16, 2016 at 8:09 pm

Empress I ain’t judging, but I feel you shld be d last person giving advice on this issue.
    Can swear uv never had an abortion before, where you not once pregnant or smthn of dat nature. And I Neva heard you got married.
    Abeg ppl shld judge soffry soffry. I won’t judge single mothers bcos I know sum respectable ones that just got unlucky in love. And I’m not talkn of dos 1nce dat purposely wanted to trap a rich guy.
    Empress Biko, face ur job. Which is acting.

20. swagg1

April 17, 2016 at 12:21 am

Ms Perfect thinks her shit dont stink. Who is the hell is she to judge others?? The more you look the less you see about her so called value.

21. PD Young Billionaire

April 17, 2016 at 1:20 am

Empress,I think it’s so unfair of you to say such about single mothers.I am pretty sure most of them didn’t plan to be that. Life you know, could be unfair sometimes.Who knows tomorrow?What if you become a single mother yourself tomorrow???#ThinkAboutThat

• "changing moniker"

April 18, 2016 at 10:53 am

baby mama o…. not single mother…
      stop vexing ontop matter wey no get vex

22. frank

April 17, 2016 at 4:19 am

I only came here for the comments

23. Puzzles

April 17, 2016 at 9:03 am

I don’t think she’s bashing single mothers. I think what she meant was that most if not all wish they had a caring man by their side. I’m sure that most women who are single mothers didnot plan for it to happen that way but many are making the best out of the situation
    And please, this babymama trend is not good. Single ladies, zip up cos condoms and pills can fail

24. keshinro

April 17, 2016 at 1:16 pm

How can they still feel sorry for themselves when already they understand the outcome of what they were delving in. No baby mama would ever tell you they don’t know the likely outcome of their coded sprees with these young and not-ready-to-get-married superstars.

If empress was married and she has experiences of managing a man, a home and her carrier, then she can come to the public and talk about marriage, not when she doesn’t understand an inch of what commitment is all about.

25. I need to Pierce my ear lobes.

April 17, 2016 at 2:16 pm

Sorry to digress.
    I noticed she has a tragus piercing.

Does anyone know a safe, clean where I can get one in Lagos?

26. Aya Gbo nikan

April 18, 2016 at 3:33 am

baby mamas are women who deliberately get pregnant to achieve a selfish reason. Single Mothers are women who happened to get pregnant due to naivety and circumstance. She was referring to baby mamas so quit bashing her . Don’t believe all that men say about women sleeping around….

27. Nany

April 18, 2016 at 10:13 am

The actress, who has chosen not to get married yet….. BN really? After her failed relationship with Timaya, who else has asked her out? I don hear.

28. IDONTCARE

April 18, 2016 at 3:09 pm

So its now a crime to be a single parent? Everybody is talking Empress too is talking. Oh before I forget, it may interest you to know that Empress used to be a klept… Don’t know if she has stopped. Oloshi

29. ogboo

April 18, 2016 at 4:04 pm

Mamza, you still have children through IVF . At least you have money to travel around, so i can safely assume that you are capable .