Style

Stylist Richard Akuson collaborates with Photographer Terna Iwar for an Unusual Fashion Editorial

IMG_0044[1]

Some months ago, I collaborated with classically trained fashion Photographer Terna Iwar for a nearly unusual fashion editorial. While a lot of you might not know this, but before there was Richard Akuson ‘the fashion writer’ there was actually Richard Akuson ‘the editorial stylist’ and doing this was just as exciting as ever. Our idea for the shoot was simple; to try our best to capture movement/motion in its purest and most graceful form – hence the blurriness.

It was important we got someone who could move with grace like model, dancer and creative artist Marryam Moma who brought so much effervescence to the shoot. The editorial exclusively features looks from budding womenswear designer brand Maison Mimi’s Spring/Summer 2016 collection with makeup done by Hauwa of Ajike Beauty.

IMG_0401[1] IMG_0043[1] IMG_0032[1] IMG_0034[1] IMG_0045[1]

Credits
Photographer & Art Director: Terna Iwar (@ternaiwar) for Bantu Studio (@bantustudio)
Stylist & Creative Director: Richard Akuson (@richardakuson)
Model: Marryam Moma (@marryammoma)
Make Up Artist: Hauwa (@ajikebeauty
Clothes: Maison Mimi SS16 Collection (@maisonmimi)

Richard Akuson is founder at The PR Boy a boutique media and press relations agency for fashion, beauty and lifestyle brands with a specialty in raising the overall awareness of a brand, product or image of a company or person. Richard is also a weekly columnist at Bellanaija.com ('On The Catwalk' and 'Collection Conversations'), he's also a party host at The Front Row and a vlogger at Get Pink with Richard . Want to reach out? Follow @richardakuson on Instagram and @richardakuson on Twitter or send an email to [email protected]

1. Green

April 18, 2016 at 10:32 am

This Richard can just like to praise himself. Can you let your work speak for itself?!!!

• bruno

April 18, 2016 at 11:13 am

im so glad im not the only one who can smell his bullsh!t. look at I bleed fashion, fashion is constant in my life, me me me me me me.
      he is so full of him self.

everybody takes blurry pictures, and they delete them from their devices. so I dont know whats so unique about this crap.

u are trying so hard to be artistic but u dont have any artistic bone in ur body.
      I’m not hating just stating the obvious.

2. xplorenollywood.com

April 18, 2016 at 10:49 am

Does this mean that the clothes enable u move effortlessly or they just said let’s try this and it came out blurry? The blurry red one takes the cake for me.

3. michy

April 18, 2016 at 11:56 am

I don’t understand the essence of this shoot. Can someone please explain it to me.

4. Zoba

April 18, 2016 at 12:10 pm

I agree…stop blowing your horns…if your ‘style’ is as great as you claim, we’ll see.

5. Confused

April 18, 2016 at 12:21 pm

Hold up you guys. Dis we just look at the same post? First off, this is an actual artistic editorial and i like it. Secondly, i don’t understand what all yoir rants are about, the guy hardly said anything to warrant all these except if you all know him personally and are only extending all that personal drama to this post.

Am i missing something? Maybe some bit to this puzzle?

6. Ginger

April 18, 2016 at 12:34 pm

“While a lot of you might not know this, but before there was Richard Akuson ‘the fashion writer’ there was actually Richard Akuson ‘the editorial stylist’ ”

He didn’t use an adjective to describe Richard the fashion writer OR editorial stylist… Lol where exactly did he praise himself or imply that he’s so stylish?
    AND just like that, he’ll become BN’s most hated.
    Lol everyday, something new to use and bash someone new.

7. onika

April 18, 2016 at 12:54 pm

ugly looking clothes…..the model even looks old…….this designer no try at all….ur work will speak for you……..*zooms of to the oscar de la renta post

8. Barbara

April 18, 2016 at 4:46 pm

Another attempt at selling bullsh*t… Thanks but not thanks. There is a reason some things are simply not done.