Style

BN Style Your Bump: Nikki Perkins Edition

It’s time for another edition of BN Style Your Bump, a series where BN Style looks into maternity style from different women to help inspire you! So far we have profiled Chrissy Teigen, Patricia Bright, Kourtney Kardashian, Tamera Mowry, Maky Benson, Blake Lively and Lami Phillipsclick here to see them glow in style.

jamie and nikki bn style your bump bellanaija may2016Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 09.33.07_

Today, we have gorgeous lifestyle vlogger Nikki Perkins. Nikki and her husband Jamie are popularly known for their YouTubev weekly vlogging channel Jamie and Nikki and they recently had their first daughter Ava Sarah. Her maternity style was an extension of her personal style, body con dresses and pencil skirts but I really liked the jackets as well, especially the sleeveless ones. It reminded me a lot of Chrissy Teigen‘s edition (click here if you missed it), they’re both models actually so it’s no surprise.

If this is your first edition of this series, we recommend a few pregnancy styling tips which I’ll list below. They stay the same each week but vary with different body types and personal preferences. Just remember to look good, stay comfortable and enjoy your glow.

So let’s get to it.

jamie and nikki bn style your bump bellanaija may2016Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 09.32.56_

Love the colour combination of this look and the beige jacket as well. Here she’s 12 weeks in but notice her use of jackets as we go along.

jamie and nikki bn style your bump bellanaija may2016Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 11.09.46_ jamie and nikki bn style your bump bellanaija may2016Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 09.32.46_

Here she is at 13 weeks looking hot in this burgundy bodycon dress.

jamie and nikki bn style your bump bellanaija may2016Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 09.33.27_ jamie and nikki bn style your bump bellanaija may2016Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 09.36.27_ jamie and nikki bn style your bump bellanaija may2016Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 09.36.35_

At 19 weeks, here she is in this grey outfit with a cozy longline sweater jacket in the same colour.

jamie and nikki bn style your bump bellanaija may2016Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 09.36.48_

Here she is with her husband Jamie in a cute white loose fitting peplum top and blue jeans. It’s causal but super cute and it’s one of my favourite looks in this edition.

jamie and nikki bn style your bump bellanaija may2016Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 09.36.55_

Sexy in black at 20 weeks. Love it! Notice the V-neck and thigh high slit in this dress. A dress like this could be a little risqué for some but you can always find a dress that you’re more comfortable with that doesn’t have such a low neckline or high slit but Nikki is killing this one!

jamie and nikki bn style your bump bellanaija may2016Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 09.37.59_

Another sleeveless jacket with a V-neck top at 24 weeks.

jamie and nikki bn style your bump bellanaija may2016Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 09.38.05_ jamie and nikki bn style your bump bellanaija may2016Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 09.38.10_

More bodycon dresses

jamie and nikki bn style your bump bellanaija may2016Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 09.38.20_ jamie and nikki bn style your bump bellanaija may2016Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 09.39.10_

At 32 weeks, here she is cradling her baby bump in a V-neck bodycon dress with a thigh high slit and sleeveless jacket.

jamie and nikki bn style your bump bellanaija may2016Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 09.39.19_ jamie and nikki bn style your bump bellanaija may2016Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 09.39.30_

Preparing for the arrival of her baby girl at 35 weeks, she’s working on Ava’s room in this lovely V-neck windowpane print maxi dress.

jamie and nikki bn style your bump bellanaija may2016Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 09.39.57_

Wearing a black bodycon dress and bomber jacket, she has on comfortable sneakers here while taking a walk, testing the baby’s stroller with her husband.

jamie and nikki bn style your bump bellanaija may2016Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 09.40.06_

She’s 38 weeks in at a wedding with her husband, wearing this deep V-neck bodycon dress in a beige/blush colour.

jamie and nikki bn style your bump bellanaija may2016Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 09.40.52_ jamie and nikki bn style your bump bellanaija may2016Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 09.41.01_

I just had to share these photos of Ava and her parents, they’re so adorable!

jamie and nikki bn style your bump bellanaija may2016Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 09.42.03_ jamie and nikki bn style your bump bellanaija may2016Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 09.42.29_ jamie and nikki bn style your bump bellanaija may2016Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 09.47.37_

This has been another stylish edition of the BN Style Your Bump series. As promised, here are a few tips to note:

• Accentuate your slimmest body parts. Try empire waistlines.
  • Jackets are a great way to conceal the bump while thigh high slits and V-necks are great for flaunting your legs and cleavage.
  • Don’t be afraid to wear bodycon dresses and feel sexy with your body just remember to be tasteful about it. If you’re a beginner with this, try a bodycon dress in a dark colour and a maxi length. The colour and length reduces attention on your bump.
  • Balancing volume in your outfits by pairing loose clothing with fitted items as well. An example is pairing a loose top with skinny jeans.
  • And if you have no baby bump, check the BN Body Shape Series for useful styling tips!

Look out for the next one, Wednesday next week.

Sources: Nikki Perkins | @jamieandniks

1. Engoz

June 1, 2016 at 3:46 pm

Omg Nikki on BellaNaija. Yippee ??????????

• jade

June 1, 2016 at 4:59 pm

Nikki is stunning. Her skin color is too beautiful and she has the cutest facial features ever. Ava is adorable.

• seriously

June 1, 2016 at 7:28 pm

Is she real? she’s a barbie. Can she please make a barbie after herself? I will gladly buy for my nieces and future daughters. Gorgeous lady and pregnancy looked good on her. These. victoria secret models ain’t got nothing on her.

• Sonya

June 1, 2016 at 9:32 pm

na so all of una go dey famz!

2. anonymous today

June 1, 2016 at 3:53 pm

So glad to catch Jamie, Nikkie and Ava.
    This family is my favorite on youtube yeeyyyy.
    Ava is such a cute lil girl

3. nene+

June 1, 2016 at 3:55 pm

Nikkie is a beauty.
    Love love this family.

• nene+

June 1, 2016 at 6:28 pm

Seem to me that BN heard your cries on adanna and david.
      I absolutely love Jamie, Nikki,Ava, Louis, grandma and dad.
      I however, dont wish some wolves eat them raw here like they did to my dear adanna.
      Trust Jamie he is not as pretensions as some oyibos he will reply you head on.
      I enjoy their vlogs twice weekly.
      Glad to see the Sudanese beauty Nikki. yeeeeeaaahhh

4. cara

June 1, 2016 at 4:03 pm

I watch their vlog weekly, I’m obsessed with them.

5. ATL's finest

June 1, 2016 at 4:07 pm

Oh whao Congrats y’both. I remember watching their wedding vlog & it was beautiful. Ava is such a damsel

6. nene+

June 1, 2016 at 4:17 pm

Nikki**

7. Adaobi

June 1, 2016 at 5:05 pm

Beautiful family. I love their love.. Nikki is what you call a beauty,Be it black,white,brown,grey,red, she is beyond beautiful. Ebony!! Beautiful baby Ava. Handsome Jamie. God bless your home.

8. Natu

June 1, 2016 at 5:23 pm

I love them together!!! #Interaciallove #Swirl

9. [email protected]

June 1, 2016 at 5:49 pm

Finallyh BN has realised that other vloggers do exist lol I love Nikki and Jamie and Jamie’s mom is the mother in law we all wish for. BN keep up with the diversity enough of the same old tired vloggers you guys keep shoving down our throats hehehe

10. [email protected]

June 1, 2016 at 5:51 pm

You should feature Latoya of Latoya’s Life next she also just had a baby

• Obsever

June 1, 2016 at 7:54 pm

We don’t know those ones biko! There are only 3…. The Patricia Bright and hubby, Nikki and Jamie and finally the annoying dancing duo, Adanna and David.
      People’s beef with Adanna only stems from her background and the thought that she got to where she’s at simply cos of the stolen assets used to pave way for her and then she flashes her good life in people’s faces to run it in, making it offend people more and more. Aside from that i’m pretty sure they would have been the people’s favourite been that she grew up in Nigeria which would make her more relatable than the rest.

Patricia is of Nigerian parentage but she was born and raised in the UK.

Nikki is from South Sudan. In one of her vlogs she mentioned that her family were refugees who escaped to Austrilia on Asylum.
      But look what she has made for her self! So this is the kind of story a lot of people can relate to seeing as with present day hardship not everyone was born with a silver spoon let alone a stolen silver spoon made to feed the masses!!

• Bey

June 1, 2016 at 10:47 pm

My dear no one has beef with Adanna, they are simply ANNOYING.
      What is dere to beef about really. They are unique in dere own quirky way, but they both don’t do anything for me. D only 1 I watched was d dancing to naija music 1. Maybe bcos I’m a fashion girl/design girl. And dere blogs lack that.
      This girl here is a beauty. I can see fashion, design (love d lay out of dere home) and dis one doesn’t seem annoying.

• Jade

June 2, 2016 at 10:33 am

@Bey
      Why you always lying!!! Naijas have beef with Adanna., it has nothing to do with them being boring. Naijas are mad at her life. It’s like how dare she live happy and post it bcos of who her dad is. There are far more boring youtube couples and people still watch them without all the venom naijas spit out towards Adanna. They are not boring, they are currently full time professionals and there are folks like me who enjoy their simple videos. I believe, their videos will be different from the other youtubers who have different background. For example, Nikki used to be a model, jamie a videographer and people watch just to look at how beautiful Nikki is and Jamie’s editing skills. It’s not like their personal life is more interesting and special. They are regular folks with no special background, so folks can relate more.
      Adanna and David are not as out there as the others, they are more on the serious end.

• [email protected]

June 3, 2016 at 5:39 pm

Well they have featured Christy Teigen, Kourtney Kardashian, Blake Lively bumps in the past so go figure

11. Felinda

June 1, 2016 at 7:30 pm

Jaimie has got to be the best video editor in all of youtube.
    He is phenomenal. Support Husband, Son and definitely DAD.

I dont mind ‘swirling” myself – it is obvious most treat their women better.

They are the cutest interracial couple ever. So down to earth and no pretense.

• Rufina

June 2, 2016 at 9:36 am

I thought no one will mention this! His video editing skills are off the shizzle and their taste in music is sooooo unique. I love her style too, she makes me love being dark especially when pregnancy gives you more melanin than you can handle.
      Sundays and Wednesdays are always a delight with Jamie and Nikki’s vlogs :*

12. Felinda

June 1, 2016 at 7:30 pm

i meant *supportive

13. _zuggy

June 1, 2016 at 8:05 pm

How do they all do it? I was looking forward to seeing her fat nd round at some point but it didn’t happen. How do they keep up with their body size, ts a concern to me whenever I think of getting pregnant. u guys can add thes tips too. T will be helpful.

14. MamaD

June 1, 2016 at 8:12 pm

Nikki’s parents-in-law are bae mehn! There’s this episode they came to pick her for Church on a Sunday. I was in awe seeing her father-in-law give her a peck when she opened the door.

She’s so girly. Oh! Her complexion is amazing, brown Chocolate.

15. Berry Dakara

June 1, 2016 at 8:34 pm

She rocks bodycon dresses soooooooooo well. I really liked her bump style.

16. Mz Socially Awkward...

June 1, 2016 at 10:13 pm

*clears throat* Ermmmm, escooos me please, ma’s?? So… As I saw all the good reviews about the vlog, I …ermmm… said in my own mind, “okay, even though I’m not a vlog somebori, lemme just peek into YouTube and see wassup”…

And so, das how I went & clicked oh & mehnnnnnnnn!!! Can I please be allowed to say her husband is foiiinne??? I mean, damn! And he has that Chris Hemsworth-ish kain scruffy hotness with the goodness of their sexy Australian accent to boot. The babe fine, true, but please – is it acceptable to appreciate him for a minute??

Kai! But Australia far oh… I mean, all this while I’ve been living in denial that white bobos don’t anything for me, without realising I’ve been on the wrong continent. KAI!!! ?? Gorgoeus family, jare… Their baby is so cute.

• Rufina

June 2, 2016 at 9:45 am

Omo…. I think I prefer huis body stature when they were dating. He seemed buff and their ‘Boyfriend does my makeup’ video was so cute. Now he seems a little too slim but hey, you’ve gotta love Jamie and Nikki…. and Duckie!!!! She’s the coolest sister in law evurrr!!!

17. lily

June 1, 2016 at 10:26 pm

She’s so not human. She’s definitely a dol!!!!!!

18. Just my 1 Cents

June 1, 2016 at 11:22 pm

I love this gurl and her family! She’s unhuman.
    I’m glad she found someone who loves her unconditionally. If she were in naija….no comment.

19. Rufina

June 2, 2016 at 9:42 am

Sundays and Wednesdays are always a delight with Jamie and Nikki’s vlogs :*

20. Mz Titilitious

June 2, 2016 at 11:03 am

she’s so cute! chei

21. AANUOLUWAPO OYEDELE

June 2, 2016 at 11:21 am

Nikki is a bae, i love her tiny voice and her innocent looks.

22. Engoz

June 2, 2016 at 12:32 pm

@Jade

Me I like all three… Patricia, Nikki, and Adanna because I like the family values being promoted. Entertainment especially black entertainment has been hijacked by ratchet media with tv shows like real housewives. I also started watching Sisi Yemmie. I also forgot Shirley and her sister Kezia. I don’t watch TV o. This is my own form of entertainment. These women encompass positive images of black women. And I like they are all African.??? I can’t seem to get into African American couples though. I just cannot connect. Dunno why.

For Adanna, many Nigerians are typically sentimental and very threatened around wealthy people. Didn’t you see the way many insecure people came out of the woodworks when an article on Bella commenters ‘elitist’ attitude was published? We have a problem of also blacklisting a person we don’t like and attack any action they embark on even if it’s good. The image Adanna puts out is positive and to reduce her accomplishments to ‘her father’s wealth’ is ridiculous. Many Nigerians here in America, we don’t have any political background, but we are accomplishing great things here. The main ingredient is having principled family values, dedication and hardwork. I have seen rich politicians with children with a drug addiction. So I can’t reduce her accomplishments to her father’s wealth. Adanna would still do great things with or without her political background. So I agree with you Jade jare.

23. Naijatalk

June 2, 2016 at 5:25 pm

Give me my sisi yemmie anyday, I will stalk her when I’m in Nigeria. I also love Adanna and David, I think they are cute and Adanna is also a stunning natural beauty.