Scoop

“I Thought it was a Rumour and I didn’t believe until I confirmed it myself” – Jide Kosoko on his Wife Henrietta Kosoko’s Death

henrietta-and-jide-kosoko

Since Henrietta Kosoko‘s death, actors, actresses, movie marketers among other have paid condolence visits to the Jide Kosoko and his family to show their support.

It was on such visit that Encomium reported how distraught the actor and his family are:

While receiving sympathizers at their home in Bariga, Jide Kosoko said in distress “This is the third wife l have lost; won’t people be counting, keeping records”

When she died, he was not even aware of what had happened “I went to a particular event on Monday (June 6), I was not aware that my wife was dead until the person that was with me asked me to check the rumours flying around the social media about my wife’s death. I referred to it as rumour because I still didn’t believe, if not until I confirmed it myself….I don’t know how to explain the situation. It is an unimaginable loss,”

In October 1992 and November 1993, he lost two wives within the span of 13 months, and has described those times as a a very dark and sad period.

Friends and colleagues present described late Henrietta Kosoko as a great woman with positive influence to the society as a whole.

Our hearts go out t the family during their trying period.

Photo Credit: Ladun Liadi

1. Seun

June 8, 2016 at 12:14 pm

Very sad week.May the lord heal all the broken hearts of those who lost loved ones.The kosokos and Keshis family.

2. Chi

June 8, 2016 at 12:27 pm

But na only you? 3 wives dead? If na oyibo country, you for don come under investigation for killing your wives.

• Detutu

June 8, 2016 at 1:24 pm

I think ur comment is insensitive.

• Corolla

June 8, 2016 at 2:35 pm

@Chi, so he killed her right? He gave her the diabetes that killed her? Okay na. Bloody illiterate.

3. Moyo

June 8, 2016 at 12:52 pm

May her soul rest in peace. Amen. I find it strange that Jide Kosoko as her husband was not informed about her death before other people heard the news.

• Yeyeperry

June 8, 2016 at 3:15 pm

They don’t break news about death just like that.

4. UNCLE GWE GWE GWE

June 8, 2016 at 5:46 pm

Am so sorry.

5. Bessand

June 8, 2016 at 10:08 pm

And how did you arrive at the conclusion that diabetes killed her? I guess you’ve read her autopsy report. Or its the case that she was diabetic and died so it killed her. Classic moronic logic. Typical uneducated literate having the effrontery to call others names.

6. Pastor F

June 9, 2016 at 11:10 am

Very strange and irresponsible for husband to say he learnt of wife’s death via social media “wife” when she was being rushed you were unaware even till after death, even if you were in any part of the world this statement cannot pass, Too bad, rest on madam

• Toese

June 9, 2016 at 6:46 pm

I dont blame the man
      Probably some gbeborun person quickly used her picture as dp with RIP on it and someone posts it even while people are still deliberating on how to break the news knowing fully well that this is d 3rd wife to die, news like dat is not broken easily
      I pray God consoles him

7. tunde

June 10, 2016 at 3:38 pm

My condolence to Jide and his family. If l were Jide, it is no use trying another marriage in a superstitious Nigeria. What woman will risk his life for Jide after this 3rd strike. I understand he still has another woman beside Harietta; that woman will be nervous like hell!! Jide, please devote what is left of your life to caring for your children and grandchildren….no more marriage!!!

8. sho

June 10, 2016 at 3:59 pm

My condolence to Jide and his family. Jide, as you rightly observe, people are counting the number of dead wives including the Olunloyo witch in Ibadan. Be wary of public opinion by laying off trying another relationship. Love your children and grandchildren and devote your time to what you do best – acting.. No sane family will want to give you their daughter after serially burying three women. Just take it as your fate and move on.

9. yusuf ewumi