Relationships

“I was not the One that Led Whitney Houston to Drugs” – Bobby Brown in His 20/20 Interview with ABC News

Bobby Brown recently had a 20/20 interview with Robin Roberts and he made some candid revelations about the deaths of his wife Whitney Houston and daughter Bobbi Kristina.

image-3-600x304

The 47-year-old was married to Houston, who died in 2012 at age 48, for 15 years. In 2003, Brown was reportedly charged with misdemeanor battery related to alleged domestic violence.

They had a volatile romance,and during that period, Brown said that he and the pop star had devolved into a pattern of drug abuse. Brown and Houston would lock themselves in one wing of their mansion, getting high while nannies cared for their daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown just rooms away.

“I always made it a point to not let her see me or my wife in that type of situation,” he insisted, though. “It’s hard when you’re doing it everyday, it’s really hard. We could have been better. We should have been better.”

“The last few years of our marriage it was terrible,” he explained. “Both of us trying to be clean, or one of us trying to be clean… it was terrible.”

He has also written a memoir titled ‘Every Little Step, My Story’ and he cited cocaine, alcohol and crack-laced joints as his substances of choice and it will be out from June 13th 2016.

During the interview, he slammed longtime rumors that it was he who led Houston to drug abuse, “It wasn’t me who started her,” Brown said. “I take my part and I take it hard for me even being a part of it, but we all have our own minds and some of us are stronger than others.”

Here are some of the other things he said in his interview:

• Houston Started Flirting with Him at the 1989 Soul Train Awards
  • Nick Gordon Knows What Happened to Bobbi Kristina
  • New Edition Was Only Paid $500 For Their First Hit, “Candy Girl”
  • He is no longer doing drugs
  • He claims he had sex with a ghost.

Read up on his interview on People.com

1. ATL's finest

June 8, 2016 at 1:42 pm

I heard she was doing drugs already before she met him. I feel bad for Bobby & I wish him comfort. Letting go of a wife & a daughter isn’t easy.

2. Prince

June 8, 2016 at 2:02 pm

What do they expect from him, to agree that he pushed her to early grave. Evil man.

3. ada

June 8, 2016 at 2:31 pm

I watched Oprah’s interview of Whitney’s mum, Cissy and older brother Michael shortly after her death, her brother Michael admitted being the one who introduced her to drugs shortly after career took off and he was travelling with her for shows. I was shocked as most people assume that Bobby was the one who inriduced her to drugs.
    Bobby had his own drug and alcohol problems no doubt but Whitney was no saint either. After watching that interview, i stopped blaming Bobby for Whitney’s drug woes.

4. O

June 8, 2016 at 3:49 pm

Never blamed Bobby, I’ve always been of the opinion that like minds attract.

5. Runs Girl

June 8, 2016 at 9:14 pm

Just looking out for who to blame. She choose her lifestyle and I think its her choice.

6. Dee

June 10, 2016 at 9:34 am

He didn’t introduce her to drugs… many people in her life have acknowledged that. But their relationship was toxic and despite whatever efforts they made, ended up destroying their daughter’s life.

7. NUR

June 10, 2016 at 5:40 pm

It is sad what happened to Whitney but I don’t believe anyone can force you (except if na serious force) to do anything you do not want to do. Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks…it is what you conceive in your heart that you will proceed to do.
    How many people have grown up in drugs or been around it but never even dared touch it. She made a choice and unfortunately it led to her demise. May God help us.

8. j'suis belle

June 13, 2016 at 2:44 am

so whatz the name of the R.S him and his family are aboutto shoot?keeping up with the browns???