Kenyan’s were won over by She Leads Africa and their professional bootcamp the SheHive last weekend. Over 4 days, She Leads Africa brought their SheHive to Kenya, where 100 Narobi women came together to learn, network and boost their careers.
This sold out bootcamp hosted speakers such as:
- Bob Collymore – CEO of Safari.com
- Hilda Moraa – Founder and former CEO of Weza Tele Ltd.
- Helen Gichohi – MD Equity Group Foundation
- Shamim Ehsani – Managing Director of Tribe Hotel
- Wanjira Longauer – Host, Moments (Ebony Life TV)
- Andreata Muforo – Investment Director at TLcom Capital Partners
True to SLA’s signature style, the bootcamp was educational yet informal – a safe space for women to learn critical skills in a casual and refreshing environment. At one point, participants were listening to prominent female business leaders; at another, they were taking part in a rap battle to explain why they were #MotherlandMoguls.
The 2016 SheHive tour has already taken She Leads Africa to Abuja, Accra, NYC and Nairobi. The next stop is London (August 18th – 21st) which will be held in partnership with Facebook (Tickets here).
Speakers for SheHive London include:
- Nieros Oyegun, Principal and Head of Corporate and Financial Advisory at W8 ADVISORY
- Imad Mesdoua, Political Analyst at Africa Matters and BBC, Al Jazeera, and France 24 Guest Analyst.
- Yvonne Haizel, Lead African Investment Strategist, Mitsui & Co. Europe Plc.
- Jessica Hope, Founder, Wimbart Hope.
- Afua Osei, SLA Co-Founder.
- Charles Sekwalor, Founder, Move Me Back.
- Michelle Esomme, Chief Executive Officer of the African Private Equity and Venture Capital Association
After London, the tour will go on to Lagos and Johannesburg. Interested participants and partners can learn more about the tour and sign up at sheleadsafrica.org or contact info (at) sheleadsafrica.org
More photos from SheHive Nairobi