Sweet Spot

Kunbi Oyelese of April by Kunbi’s Friends threw her the Most Fun Bridal Shower! Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi, Toke Makinwa, Mo’Cheddah, Sasha P & More

April by Kunbi Bridal Shower and Bachelorette_August 2016_06Designer Kunbi Oyelese of April by Kunbi has her traditional and white wedding for #KandL2016 and #LanrePutARingOnIt this week so her girls threw her a fun two-part bridal celebration.

Part 1 was a NYFW-themed fashion party, while part 2 was #Kunbirellas at the club wearing tutus, tiaras and t-shirts.

Guests included besties Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi, Toke Makinwa, Mo’cheddah, Sasha P, Andrea Giaccaglia, Bolanle Olukanni and more.

The bride walking in –

Yay! Congrats @olakunbi23 #olakunbishower

A video posted by Bolanle Olukanni (@bolinto) on

Here was the setup!

April by Kunbi Bridal Shower and Bachelorette_August 2016__1April by Kunbi Bridal Shower and Bachelorette_August 2016_02April by Kunbi Bridal Shower and Bachelorette_August 2016_01April by Kunbi Bridal Shower and Bachelorette_August 2016_03April by Kunbi Bridal Shower and Bachelorette_August 2016_04April by Kunbi Bridal Shower and Bachelorette_August 2016_12April by Kunbi Bridal Shower and Bachelorette_August 2016_11

Kunbirellas at the club!April by Kunbi Bridal Shower and Bachelorette_August 2016_07April by Kunbi Bridal Shower and Bachelorette_August 2016_05

#bacheloretteparty #bridalshower #kandl2016 #kunbirellas #siplounge

A video posted by Delor Serecin (@delordesigns) on

Kunbirellas disturbing Sip! ???????? #Kunbirella #hennight #turnup #mysisterisgettingmarried #kandl2016

A video posted by E S T A N O L A (@estanola) on

1. Beard gang

August 21, 2016 at 4:43 pm

i so love the cigar photo… lol…tokstarr you rock!

2. Olanna&Odenigbo

August 21, 2016 at 4:56 pm

HML to the bride and everyone else looking for lasting love….God bless all our love hunts with lasting success…Ami…

On a more general note……i couldnt miss all the over painted faces, lace wigs and eeesh….way to much….girlllssss it only makes you look waaay older and quite ratchet tbh! Try compare Sasha P’s face to the rest…she keeps it fresh and yummy looking! Why spend all that spa and skincare money for beautiful skin, only to load it up with all sorts of powders and colours and hide it- you just look suspect!!! Many beautiful girls now looking like trannies these days… I am just recovering from a party last night…jeezzz ko funny…. wigs starting from the middle of the forhead….like even animals dont have hair in d middle of their foreheads- side note to Tamar Braxton too. whenever I turn on reruns of The Real, I feel like adjusting her wig first….come on!!!! we can do better.

Ok, rant over…back to work.

• mrs chidukane

August 21, 2016 at 5:31 pm

I so agree. Whenever I watch HipTv specials I’m always appalled by how over made up ladies are these days. It’s worse at weddings. These makeup artists do not even properly blend the makeup so most times the face is a different color from the neck. It’s not nice.

• Cynical

August 21, 2016 at 9:56 pm

My dear ehn,the make up these days na die…. I couldn’t help but notice too. Some peoples pancake for the night can honestly last them for 1 week. Pls keep it light na,it’s not a contest for who has the most on. Lovely theme by the way,happy married life Kunbi. Toke,I see you …….lol.

• Forbisi

August 22, 2016 at 6:27 am

Honestly, u said all u would have said. First thing I noticed was the bride’s overdone face, I mean it’s even shades lighter than her skin. And did u notice the highlighter on her nose just staring at us? Not good. Competition is really huge, whenever these ladies have outings, they hire a makeup artist, they are no longer satisfied with doing their own makeup themselves anymore. And because they are celebs/ media ppl, dy get it for either free or next to nothing. Competition is also huge among these MUAs too. They want to appear as the best, hence they slather it all on these ladies faces, so true about Sasha and Andrea looking the best. Gbemi should pls use less make up. Makes her look like a drag queen!

3. Baby gurl

August 21, 2016 at 5:39 pm

Andrea is so damn beautiful! ? Banky is enjoying o

4. teee

August 21, 2016 at 5:57 pm

She looks preg. Lol
    Womb watchers.

5. Ben.

August 21, 2016 at 7:07 pm

Is that Sasha P.? Whoever the lady in white big-sleeved blouse paired with green is, and Andrea, are the only two faces I like, find fresh, non-scary, appealing, relaxed easy beauty, non-scary.

They both look like they ought to have looked: threw on my smart casuals, did my make-up, hair’s looking good, neat, tidy, bag, shoes, perfume, checked myself out, everything looks good, pulls together, done in about 15 minutes, out the door with my fly self. ‘Cause I got it like that.

Not like this EVENT is a PROJECT, got my MUA, glam squad, spent ten hours at the salon having my hair stylist and his/her bevy of assistants fix on layers on layers of the longest Brazilian or wherever is trending hair weaves or wig on my head, and my eyelash technician, and my eyebrow stylist and the special designer eyebrow kit, and my clothes stylist, plus my nail stylist, so that I can step out looking like it took me ten hours at least, and a whole lot of WORK to achieve this transgender prostitute slash horror movie casting audition look.

This is not beautiful. This is sad. This is a really, very sad caricature.

6. Tai omo yoruba nimi

August 21, 2016 at 10:13 pm

But wait oo,how come Toju foyeh is not in attendance ? Them two used to be close but what happened? Even at her intro,she was MIA..Any olofofos in the house pls

• omo igbo

August 22, 2016 at 9:20 am

Toju has really been ill, she just got discharged recently. Toks and Kunbi were with her some days back at d hospital, i know this bcuz i saw it on Toke’s snap. And intro she was not in town, No ish ok

7. Fashionista

August 21, 2016 at 10:33 pm

Toke can dress die!!!! ahn ahn!

• Shalewa

August 22, 2016 at 1:51 am

With all this her \posing with cigar, she ll now be forming born again sister. Hmmmm, real twoface tinzzzzz

• Bea

August 22, 2016 at 10:21 am

Abeg relax with your itchy fingers ready to type and criticise someone. That’s not Toke with the cigar but Mo’cheddah. Toke’s picture is further down below. You shoulda gone to Speacavers my friend.

8. nikky

August 22, 2016 at 7:11 am

Mochedda is the one with the cigar o. Not Toke. or am i wrong? All these women looking the same, same faces. You cant even tell the difference anymore

• ATL's finest

August 23, 2016 at 3:50 am

Lol I thot that was Toke too! Then I saw a pix of Toke sitting down. Well we can’t tell when everyone is looking alike with all these beater faces :)..

9. ade

August 22, 2016 at 5:30 pm

na mocheddah be that. no be toke o.can that Diva get bk to music already? an EP first.then a Video album for d lost times.And finally An Album hughh? trust me that’s all u need to get back to d spot.

10. Olamikuye

August 24, 2016 at 8:32 pm

Module. …..modupe …….u sha want to b bad by force…..okay oooo….dats mocheda not toke ooooo……..me I sha pray for peace and love in this union…..God bless ya new home kunbs