Relationships

“When will men put as half as they put in new relationships into their marriages?” OAP Shaniqua Jon Snow Condemns Israel Houghton & Encourages His Ex-Wife of 20 Years, Meleasa

BellaNaija.com

LOS ANGELES, CA - FEBRUARY 13:  Musician Israel Houghton (R), winner of the Best Gospel Performance award for "You Hold My World" and Meleasa Houghton pose in the press room at The 53rd Annual GRAMMY Awards held at Staples Center on February 13, 2011 in Los Angeles, California.  (Photo by Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images)

LOS ANGELES, CA – FEBRUARY 13: Musician Israel Houghton (R), winner of the Best Gospel Performance award for “You Hold My World” and Meleasa Houghton pose in the press room at The 53rd Annual GRAMMY Awards held at Staples Center on February 13, 2011 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images)

Gospel singer Israel Houghton and Adrienne Bailon got engaged this past weekend, after a brief courtship – see their Euro vacation and Paris proposal here.

The singer announced his divorce to his wife of 20 years this year, citing his infidelity of some years ago as the cause of their marriage breakdown – click here to read.

Soon after, he was spotted on vacation with The Real talk show host and singer Adrienne Bailon, and now they’re engaged – see the photos here.

OAP Shaniqua Jon Snow wrote an open letter of encouragement to Meleasa Houghton, Israel’s ex-wife, and said men seem to put more effort into their new relationships with younger partners.

***

Twenty years of one’s life just gone done the drain. I simply just don’t get it. How men just don’t want to grow up. How they feel younger women and butterflies in the tummy should be the next thing to acquire as soon as they become rich or richer.

You think Adrienne would be all ‘i am so in love with my bf’ if #Israelhoughton wasn’t rich and couldn’t afford expensive getaways? Everyone is congratulating #adriennebailon but I just feel so much pity for #meleasahoughton. Where does she start from? Like she just wasted 20 years of her life. She always took a back seat, let the spotlight remain on #israelhoughton. She was always behind him in those pictures, prolly never felt good enough, wanted to cover up as much as possible as a Minister’s wife. ‘Oh you are a Minister’s wife, you should cover up as much as possible, no – not much make up’ etc. Anyone notices how Adrienne doesn’t cover up much – Minister’s fiancee or not, and Israel is so blind to see it. What does he know? He’s so in love… He could fly her to the moon if he could. Shamelessly displaying all his love to his new fiancée on SM not minding how hurt his wife may be seeing all of their clothless vacations and PDA.

When will men grow up?

When will they understand that God takes vows and marriages seriously?

When will they put as half as they put in new relationships into their marriages?

Old wine tastes better than new wine. Forget the new wine bottle, forget the shape, forget the waiter that serves it, forget how it makes you feel. Invest in your marriages, make it work. To fail your wife is to fail God. Take your marriages seriously. Date your wives. Take them on romantic getaways. Make them express themselves as they want to. Help them chase their own dreams. And to #meleasahoughton chase your dreams, don’t give up on them. Surround yourself with good friends and family. Laugh, love and heal. It may take a while but God’s got you. He will never leave you nor forsake you. Don’t feel less in any way. You are such an incredible and beautiful woman, never doubt that.

My heart is with you, now and always. ❌⭕️❌⭕️

1. nwa nna

August 15, 2016 at 8:24 pm

OAP why are you taking panadol for someone else’s headache?! ssh

• keke driver

August 16, 2016 at 9:24 am

O! shut up

• GraceOfGOD

August 16, 2016 at 11:22 am

Good day Madam. Are you a HUMAN BEING? Do you have BLOOD running through your VEINS? Do you know the MEANING of the word COMPASSION? Are you also a HOME-WRECKER? Do you SLEEP with MARRIED men? Madam I am ASKING all these QUESTIONS because your comment was INHUMAN and it somehow shows that you do NOT have GOOD VALUES. A WOMAN who must have GIVEN UP on her DREAMS just to SUPPORT her HUSBAND has been BETRAYED by him and they are now DIVORCED. The BETRAYER of husband could NOT even take time to REFLECT on his life, his MISTAKES, no he needed FRESH BLOOD to satisfy his SELFISH DESIRES. He took a NEW girl friend and he even DARED ask her hand in MARRIAGE, a “Minister” of GOD for that MATTER and you Madam have the GUTS to SUPPORT him? In case you want to DEFEND yourself by saying that we are NOT allow to JUDGE, I would just say HOLD IT THERE. What he did is WRONG morally and even BIBLICALLY. I would like to CONCLUDE by advising my FELLOW WOMEN to NEVER GIVE UP on their DREAMS for ANY MAN. Please WOMEN, PLEASE PURSUE and LIVE your DREAMS. I will never CONDONE BULLSHIT even if that means that the ENTIRE world will be AGAINST me. I stand for JUSTICE and I refuse to COMPROMISE my CONSCIENCE to PLEASE the MASS. I CANNOT wish you to have a GREAT day because I am still MAD at your comment, but I wish you to have a RETHINK about your LIFE. Peace!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Kathy Morris

November 26, 2016 at 3:37 am

My first thought was… you are not intelligent… Then I told myself… give you a chance and hear you out. Then I spoke a couple of sentences of truth… but then you get the end of your rant, and I see profanity. How does one use language referencing God and then use profanity??? Obviously my first thought was correct. But actually it worse… you serve the devil.

• Darnell

December 12, 2016 at 5:21 am

You obviously didn’t read the article. She’s not supporting Israel houghton. Go back to school, specifically take literature and comprehension come back here read the article again then comment derelict.

• Me

December 12, 2016 at 8:14 pm

wow why do some people always see the women or the wife as the victim. As if she had nothing to do with her husband stepping out on her marriage. Do you know how hard it is to stay faithful to a woman that knowing withhold her self from her husband. DO you know the mental battles that men go through every minute of the day when they are REJECTED. When you in a so call wholesome giving marriage where you have to beg for sex, have to beg for attention, have to beg for passion and romance. especially in a christian marriage (if there is a such) where the women is to Holy art then thou to get freaky with her husband. Wife dictates when, where, and the how for sexual interaction, and then makes you feel guilty and the lowest scum on earth when you ask her for a blow job. or if you ask her to were sexy clothes or lingerie she has an emotional tantrum totally killing the mood because you made her feel like a whore. or how about when you walk up behind her just wanting to put your arms around her and she gives you the elbow of rejection because she’s doing something. or she pushes your head away when you trying to gently kiss her neck to ATTEMPT to get some type of mood going. emagin going through that for 20 years. He put in 15 faithful years before he finally messed around then he tried to reconcile 5 more years of misery before he finally called it quits. now should he have divorced her first, YES no doubt. This shit is real and both parties played a part in the destruction of their marriage. I’m going to stop because there is a ton more to say. and i dont want to waste anymore time on this

• Ree

February 20, 2017 at 1:10 pm

Shut up dude….the author is right bits the straight up truth. This marriage would have worked had he sought God and kept his eyes on God instead of this world!

• forbisi

August 16, 2016 at 11:26 am

stupid oap

• Angry babe

August 18, 2016 at 8:48 pm

You just sounded like a side chic because a woman who has invested her worthwhile legally in a man will naturally feel compassion and understand and empathize with the wife. May you never find someone that will want to take panadol on your behalf.

Women should stop giving up their lives for a man whether married or not. If your husband is growing, grow with him. Always strive to be at par with him wealth wise and knowledge wise. Don’t give up your friends or hobbies for any man. Even if such man decides to leave, you won’t be too caught up from the world and you will still be independent. It will hurt real deep no doubt but you will bounce back before the younger mistress/wife even gets pregnant sef. lol

2. Daisy

August 15, 2016 at 8:27 pm

I really felt Pitt for her when they started flaunting the whole thing on social media. I know people should follow their hearts and bla bla, but damn, this Israel person doesn’t have the fear of God abeg.

• savonarola

August 15, 2016 at 10:34 pm

Follow which heart? I think it was written somewhere in the bible that the heart of men is treacherous and desperate. It’s always better to use you head and allow our decisions to be guided by sound principles and not mere feeling.

• Chi

August 15, 2016 at 11:20 pm

You be Witness?

• Damilola

August 15, 2016 at 10:44 pm

That’s my only problem. Date whoever but Israel is flaunting his mistress and Adrienne is happy to be the next moment girl. Sooner or later, she will appear on the “Real” to get all deep. Women love to learn the hard way. Men’s feelings are very fleeting. He’s feeling so insecure right now, playing victim and she’s feeding into his self pity. Adrienne has tendency of going after broken men to make herself feel better. Her last engagement was to a married man who claimed to be getting a divorce only to say, oh we broke it off but still friends.
      When Israel gets back up again, eyes open real wide it will be a different story.
      What makes women think you are something more special than the previous woman he left his family. Honestly, they should have kept it on the low, what are they trying to prove? It’s so unnecessary. It’s going to backfire and Adrienne will take the biggest hit.

• Lucinda

August 15, 2016 at 11:00 pm

No sh*t. Lenny was married??

3. Thatgidigirl

August 15, 2016 at 8:37 pm

Doesn’t matter if she’s speaking the truth or not, I don’t think it’s a her place to say how Melissa feels right now or felt in the marriage. Melissa is perhaps putting this past her and moving on with her life but olofofo people like this won’t let her.

• eyong

August 15, 2016 at 10:21 pm

I know right? And this mumu even has the audacity to take jabs at Adrienne talking about she’s only showing him off because he is rich. When she was dating Rob Kardashian was he wealthy? Infact, back then SHE was the celebrity of the show. Kris was begging her to appear on it for status sake. When she was dating that ex boyfriend whom she had to house, feed and bought a car for, was he wealthy? Besides, hasn’t she been working since she was 13? This people don’t seem to understand that The Cheetah Girls was a multi-Billion dollar enterprise when you put in sold out concerts, chart topping albums, and best-selling merchandise of everything from book bags to pencils to sneakers. All of which she got a percentage of. The money she made from the first Cheetah girls alone could probably run circles around his entire net worth. People just like to yap and yap and don’t even know what they’re talking about. Please, leave the poor girl. Anyone who washes THE REAL knows that Adrienne has the biggest heart, and will jump head first into love. Maybe it will be her undoing, but that’s her scar to live with.
      Israel has done his evil. He apologized. He took time off to heal, and then is coming back into his life. So what??! IT’s horrible what he did to his ex but it’s within his right to forgive himself and move on. What should he do, hang himself? HE clearly was very miserable in the marriage, and so was the ex wife. It’s probably only beause of his status in ministry that they both tolerated that long anyways. Let’s be frank here. We don’t know what happened in their marriage at all, at all, but we’re quick to try to villianize the man.

• Anon

August 15, 2016 at 10:30 pm

Pls which time did he take off to heal? And the healing is from what please? Lack of trophy wife, sexual fulfilment, too much of snores at night, etc.

• Tunmi

August 16, 2016 at 5:02 am

Thank you @Thatgidigirl and @eyong. Who are you to speak on this matter if the women hasn’t spoken on it??? Some people sef

4. su

August 15, 2016 at 8:39 pm

I totally get where this OAP is coming from…. Just judging from what I can see and also taking into consideration the fact that I do not know the full story! I was surprised at Isreal and Adrienne”s relationship and the display on social media so quick. From the Christian faith which he follows… where does it strike him not to just leave her behind and move on soooo quick… What happened to the 20 years they spent???? Did he really try to fix it??? Oh Lord! I can imagine the hurt!!! Anytime a man that was married comes along with the divorced story…. I always say an emphatic NO! Go and work it out with your wife and keep praying for God’s healing on your marriage. There are exceptional cases but……

5. Just my 1 Cents

August 15, 2016 at 8:48 pm

“She was always behind him in those pictures, prolly never felt good enough..”
    Don’t let any human being (husband, wife, pastor) undermine your worth in a marriage. You are EQUAL is God’s eyes.

I really feel for the ex wife. Like she said, where is this woman going to start from????? Especially if you sacrificed and gave all in a marriage, what man will you go to?? And Adrienne, no shame in tempting a married man. Karma is a bitch, so better watch out.

The day we women learn to be independent (married or not) is the day Men will start to respect us. If not, you are just a rag to be used and dumped. Some will treat the rag well, others will dump it when tired. #truth

• Just my 1 Cents

August 15, 2016 at 8:54 pm

I’ll correct myself. Apparently, he was divorced when they got together. I will give her the benefit of the doubt. But why do you think this man will treat you different than the way he treated his ex wife???

6. Atreides

August 15, 2016 at 8:51 pm

So he cheated on her, left her and is now engaged to another!
    And he is a minister!!!
    Truly judgment will begin from God’s house.

• Somtoo

August 16, 2016 at 9:18 am

This so calle christian brothers are the worst. The thing tire me….I dont understand how you keep calling God God God but your sins can even scare th devil. No fear for the God you confess you worship…Inshort ehn…dont look at man when you are serving God o.
      Just do you….focus on Jesus alone and you will be alright.

I cant even deal with this right now ahan ahn…I dont even care that he cheated and is getting divorced but mehn, show some sympathy for your wife…respect her…why all the flaunting and lavish trips??? I dont care how indifferent a woman seems… no woman can handle this without feeling disrespected,,,
      This men of God will not kill persin…such bad examples

• NUR

August 17, 2016 at 1:20 pm

Your comment could not be more right!!! All the prophets of old said it..when judgement comes it starts from the top…ministers of God’s house and it’s a real shame as some have followed their flesh.God have mercy!

7. JustSaying

August 15, 2016 at 8:54 pm

Useless men
    that shyt will NEVER work in a million years
    NEVER EVER EVER – you are doomed Israel

8. Aproko

August 15, 2016 at 9:14 pm

Men and their warped ways. The thunder that will fire most men is still brewing in the sky. lol
    But Oge, Did you know that Ernest’s Mom seperated you two spiritually? that’s what their parents do to all their would be daughters inlaw. Ernie married to lil chic in dubai with all the criminal history that only people like dieziani should shoulder, knowing fully right she wont be able to come back to naija without being arrested. I hope they dont offer her to the gods of ogboni during child birth. Pelu gbogbo cele ti e nlo, your woli should have foretold to you that Ernie was just using you for monetary and material gains. Same story he told to you, me, and all other girls before me.
    btw, your icloud eish rocks.

Thunnder fire Abigail Obosi

9. Fact

August 15, 2016 at 9:21 pm

btw, your icloud eish rocks.

Thunnder fire Abigail Obosi and Ernest Obosi

• Apple Pie

August 17, 2016 at 11:02 pm

ah ahnn, watapenn! if its the same Obosi’s I know, then my dear you’re totally wrong! And did OGE ask u to fight her battles!?
      My dear, deal with your heartbreak in some other way, dont drag an entire generation into public mud!

• FACT

October 31, 2016 at 10:31 pm

APPLE PIE, GO TO PZ AND DO YOUR FINDINGS. LOL
      THE LADIES IN PZ WILL FILL U IN. SHIORR

10. bruno

August 15, 2016 at 9:24 pm

women can never be satisfied. even if this man carried a gun and killed himself, they will still blame him. move on. 20 years of his life was also stolen.

ok pls ladies what do u want him to do? he should never find love again? or he should wait for his ex wife to find love first before he gets engaged? or he should just kill himself? which one do u people want? pls this attitude many of u women put up after a divorce is pathetic.

I know many nigerian women who after their divorce, some few months later, they got pregnant for another man immediately and got married while their ex husband never remarried. but u dont see the men coming out here weeping and crying like b!tches. ladies continue making urselves look weak.

those 3 dunces on moments on ebony live tv will carry this particular matter on their head now like bread sellers.

• Passerby

August 16, 2016 at 12:22 am

Bruno always making everything about gender…..there is no competition between male and female. We are co dependent. Remember a woman birthed you. Always so gender defensive.

It’s all about character people. Anyone can make their life’s choices but at least be kind, be sensitive and walk your talk. I find it very immodest for a supposed man of faith to be flaunting his half nude bride to be all over social media. Seems rather odd and unchrist-like to me.
      God will replace the woman’s lost years. No need to make her a victim afterall we don’t know the future and she’s probably better off without him looking at the way he is behaving. Good riddance. Life goes on. Next.

• Tunmi

August 16, 2016 at 5:06 am

I agree with Bruno here. None of us knows what happened. The guy admitted his guilt unlike the pastor we’re still waiting for a robust reply. The woman hasn’t made a statement so stop speaking for her. I get that Nigerian women to often feel marriage is their end-all-be-all so the end of it must be the worst thing ever. But it isn’t. Who knows, maybe the woman is happier and on her way to living her life?

11. lacey

August 15, 2016 at 9:30 pm

I am never listening to any of his songs again! This is so gross!What even put me off is the nonsense display of his affection on SM!That is how they confuse young believers who look up to them with their dirty lifestyle!

• Elo

August 15, 2016 at 9:47 pm

I 100% agree with you! Would never listen to him.

• Dilish

August 16, 2016 at 9:22 am

Not been able to listen to any of his songs without picturing him on the beach with her…..smh..im done

12. Mr. Egghead

August 15, 2016 at 9:32 pm

This is an unfair angle.
    It makes it look like Israel dumped his wife for some shiny new thing.
    Maybe when he cheated, his wife didn’t take him back. He must have sacrificed for the marriage too. It wasn’t easy to fess up but he did and tried to save his marriage ( for over 5 years) but apparently it wasn’t enough.
    He wasn’t some deity enjoying all the sacrifice of his wife.
    Maybe it just fell apart between them.

• Anonymous

August 15, 2016 at 9:57 pm

you’re a horrible lawyer for men I cant lie.

• Mr. Egghead

August 15, 2016 at 10:12 pm

Learn to mind your own business if you don’t have any contribution to add.
      It saves you the stress of running into ‘horrible lawyers’

• Anonymous

August 16, 2016 at 3:28 am

stop crying anytime someone disagrees with you. Your clapbacks always reek of hurt and bruised ego. I bu’ro nwoke?

• Californiabawlar

August 15, 2016 at 11:06 pm

For the first time in BN history I FULLY AGREE with you. Maybe because you stated your opinion respectfully…lol.
      In his Facebook epistle he did say his wife couldn’t take him back! What’s he to do? Well….maybe not flaunt the relationship on social media sha….

• Fashionista

August 16, 2016 at 12:54 am

Me too I don’t understand what people want him to do. I guess be miserable all his life? He cheated, confessed, begged for forgiveness and tried to make it work but his wife could get past it (understandably difficult). Okay so what next? Kill himself. Even God encourages us to forgive ourselves.

• TEE

August 16, 2016 at 3:10 am

You are indeed a horrible lawyer for men …vex all you want

13. fred

August 15, 2016 at 9:56 pm

Nobody knows what goes on in people’s marriages. To put your mouth in it is the height of stupidity. If the ex wife isn’t crying out loud then why should you? Do you know if she asked him to leave or maybe she was preparing to walk? It’s just shallow thinking from someone that says men should grow up when she hasn’t grown up herself.

14. StoryOfMyLateDad

August 15, 2016 at 10:00 pm

my dad did same to my mom who suffered with him from start before he became wealthy.

He died at 52- his side bitch died exactly 7 yrs to the day he died
    How did she die, well one of the sons she had for my dad became a drug addict so he owed debt and my step mom was gallavanting looking for money and trying to borrow from here and there everywhere or else they will kill my step brother (cos remember my dad had died 7 yrs prior so all the wealth had gone) and as she was crossing the street – a car hit her GBAM – she had internal bleeding and died exactly 7 years to the day my dad died.

My mom is stilll alive and well in her 70s- we are all doing well. See the significance of the number 7

All my dads friends who cheated on their wifes are dead before age 60 – all the wealth amassed and to which they felt a sense of entitlement for more pussy – have all vanished FIAM, including my dad

His one friend who stayed loyal to his wife all through for better for wors even after his wife wenet mental after pospartum syndrome – yet stayed with her. Died at 87 last year.

I want to write my moms memoirs in a form of a book to advice young women leave married men alone – even if the man is going through problems with his marriage leave him alone – especially when kids are involved. I was that 8 yr old kid when the infidelity started in our home and i know how it affected our family the fights screaming bouts etc. They thought i was too young to be aware but i was very aware and i always blamed myself cos i thought it was my fault.

I HATE HOME WRECKERS and husband snatchers. Adrienne may say she didnt break a home cos Israel had separated – Bitch separated is not divorce – keep ya legs close . You Adriene and ya genreation are cursed 77 times 7. Anofia.

• MY OWN STORY

August 15, 2016 at 10:16 pm

My own Dad did the same.
      He left the house for onitsha after he received his pension in lump, he felt mom was old and fat so now is the time to live the life.
      mom was all we had left, she would cry herself to sleep every night, till one day she was able to gather money and travelled to london so she can be able to feed and fend for us.
      a week to her travel, Popsy now came back like a prodigal son, 3yrs after the fact, and so broke and old looking.
      Momsy is still the one fending for us, even popsy’s upkeep till date.
      Thank God she didnt wait for his cheating ass, she broke out to make a living for her family, toiling in no man’s land.
      Most men are failures. I loathe my Dad!!!!

• e_mysterylady

November 13, 2016 at 10:07 pm

Forgive your father for your own sake and to heal your heart. If not hell is waiting after death and for relationships, no man wants a bitter woman to marry.

• Karma Family

August 15, 2016 at 10:24 pm

@StoryOfMyLateDad, i pray your family karma flogs Stella Damasus and Nuella Tchidi Chikere. lol

• Lucinda

August 16, 2016 at 12:07 am

I have come to despise that word karma. Sometimes Karma works. Sometimes it doesn’t. There are millions of bitter women who won’t move on because they are waiting for karma. A can man change and offer an olive branch without going back to the woman he cheated on. Take it and stop holding your life waiting on “karma”. There are far too many bitter and lonely women who have put their lives on hold for this “karma”.
      @my own story why did your mom take him back? Don’t loathe your dad. It’s a weighty feeling and you’re too innocent to carry it. Ask from both sides of your family to get a more objective angle of what happened. Start from when they started dating.

• Bey

August 15, 2016 at 11:33 pm

God bless you dear.
      People never see the effect these things have on a family as a whole.
      I made similar comment ystady, that if I we’re Adrienne and her boo I wld have kept d engagement private. Just as a sign of respect to his ex wife and their 20yrs together. No way she’s not hurt, put urself in her shoes.
      I don’t want to be dese women dat get with a divorcee so soon after a divorce or dos are the cause of d marriage break up.
      You don’t know what dese things are doing for you spiritually. You don’t know d curses dat mite bed heaped on ur kids and generation. The tears and cries of a wife left in pain, u don’t want to know.
      Abeg I don’t need a man with baggage. Some u need to be spiritually strong to stay in such a marriage.
      At my young age I’ll be carrying spiritual load dos my mothers age are carrying.
      Biko give me my own young man, let’s build together.
      I can’t shoutttt.
      I’m talking from an African stand point, luckily Adrienne is American. But when getting wit a newly divorced Man U need to be wise. D media coverage of dis engagement is too much. She’s in Yankee where d media build u up, just to bring you down.

• Tunmi

August 16, 2016 at 5:08 am

Your dad cheated tho… Also advise married men to keep to their vows

• Naijatalk

August 16, 2016 at 2:44 pm

And she acknowledged in her epistle that her dad’s cheating led to his untimely death. Putting aside the scriptural warnings and implications of infidelity (because the book of Proverbs is replete with several warnings to MEN about staying away from the strange woman. The end of the strange woman and the man who goes in to her is death.), the emotional and physical stress of maintaining a double life can kil

• Stratum

August 16, 2016 at 4:00 pm

Hello. You can contact [email protected] for help with writing the memoir…

15. Giddygal

August 15, 2016 at 10:08 pm

Yes her opinion is a bit biased but I truly feel that they should have toned down the pdas in respect of his young kids.Its the kids who will be most affected by it.
    Does he have a right to move on..absolutely yes.But foremost he is a father and should have taken that into perspective before splashing all on social media.

16. MY OWN STORY

August 15, 2016 at 10:17 pm

My own Dad did the same.
    Momsy is still the one fending for us, even popsy’s upkeep till date.
    Most men are failures. I loathe my Dad!!!!!

• Ruthy!

December 3, 2016 at 12:51 pm

Please don’t loathe your dad, he is still your dad. I understand how you feel even God understand your feelings too, he wants you to forgive him and move ahead in peace. Love you!

17. Rose

August 15, 2016 at 10:27 pm

Storyofmylatedad…
    I agree about home wreckers and the fact that some women purposely go for married men however perhaps you can also tell the married men to keep it in their trousers? It takes two and it is absolutely deplorable behaviour from both the men and women.

18. Giddygal

August 15, 2016 at 10:31 pm

Nobody knows the absolute truth of what went on in his marriage but I was hoping that for the sake of his kids he should have toned down the social media postings of his new relationship.Yes he has a right to move on but his most important role as a father is crucial at this time.Praying for peace,healing and wisdom for all.As one of my fave songs from him goes’Jesus at the centreof it all’☺

19. Lucinda

August 15, 2016 at 11:36 pm

We women have to swallow hard truths more often. To address the OP’s first question. ie., why men invest so much in new relationships more than the previous marriage. Oddly, many of them actually believe in redemption from second chances. Learning from past mistakes. Case in point: Kevin Hart. Even widowed men like Oshiomole are not left out. The downside for wayward men who don’t change is that they end up like Suara from Superstory. They eventually lose all the women with all their money. I come from a family with a man like this (same pattern as narrated in comments above). BUT if he is a changed man he can sustain it and enjoy his new family like Steve Harvey.

To address the situation with his wife when they were together (covering up and being modest). DON’T EVER EVER EVER lose yourself to a relationship with any man. This is a strong negotiating point you should establish from your dating days. If you’re in too deep it’s late. Maintain your individuality and say it with your attitude. (Note that this is different from being proud or overly opinionated). Bad men know a “follow-follow” woman when they see her and they will use you like rag because of your predictability and impressionability. They know you’re not going anywhere if they misbehave! After they leave, you will want to die because you didn’t have a life outside “them”. Enough said.

Congrats to Adrienne and Israel and lots of love to his ex wife. That’s life!

• think about it

August 16, 2016 at 7:18 am

well said….I agree

20. Billionaire in grace

August 16, 2016 at 12:41 am

BN family please know that Jesus Christ is coming back soon and he says in his words that if your leg is causing you to sin cut it and throw it ont he fire.that was in the context of adultery, I think israel Houston has to repent before God because it hurts to see a man of his stature to behave as thought there ismlGod in heaven who is watching u.

21. ElessarisElendil

August 16, 2016 at 4:20 am

Going through the comments in this, the Iara and Jhene articles has me convinced Bella Naija women want not just a rich man who loves them but is handsome too, who will never cheat but continue to love them if the woman cheats. Attainable goals.

• Anonymous

August 16, 2016 at 7:00 am

No one defended Jhene Aiko though

• Californiabawlar

August 16, 2016 at 7:49 am

As in!!! Not one single person supported her! In fact I read this comment and took time to go read the comments on Aiko’s post. This dude just lost any credibility he had left…. Awon eleyi le gan o! Una dey pad comment like budget again? ??

Walking away flexing and singing **why you always lying…why d fcrk you lying**

22. Thoughtful

August 16, 2016 at 7:14 am

This same thing happened to my mother and mother in law funny enough. When someone asked my MIL to stop being bitter and move on, her reply was ‘I pray the same thing happens to your marriage, then you can tell yourself to move on’. Men! Men! Men! (and women!) Go into marriage carefully and then protect it. Israel has so obviously hit a mid-life crisis from his comments and wants to live life. I know because I am there too. Does not mean I will throw all caution to the winds and act foolishly. There are always consequences to your actions even though God loves you…

23. T

August 16, 2016 at 8:41 am

Adrienne,i wish you the best of luck o. Honestly…i would feel uncomfortable with any man who cheated on his wife of 20 years…the mother of his kids. i mean who’s to say yours will even last that long?Again…Nobody says he shouldn’t move on if his wife doesn’t want to take him back,But the fact that he flaunts it shamelessly on SM?Dude!have you even considered how your kids feel?they’ve not even had time to fully accept the divorce and you’re already shoving this down their throats!tufia. Says a lot about the kind of person he is. An undisciplined man is an undisciplined man.

24. Ngozi

August 16, 2016 at 9:28 am

Melissa will be fine. Don’t feel too sorry for her. I don’t like the social media flaunting even with Israel’s kids. But I won’t make Melissa a victim because I know God will see her through and he will be there for her. Praying for you Melissa. Keep your head up girl and don’t focus on your ex. God loves you that’s what matters.

25. Omomo

August 16, 2016 at 11:37 am

I hardly comment here but I just couldn’t let this pass. Something similar happened in my family after my mum labored with Dad to get to where they were. He cheated also and even married the side chick ,balling with her and what nots .
    Fast forward years later, Dad is retired and not working anymore. Mum is also retired but was immediately blessed with a plum job soon afterwards. Right now she is doing so good and looking real young , you wont believe she is a grandma. To think she would always cry herself to sleep every night and even considered leaving my dad at some point cos of the betrayal.
    But we(her children)prevailed on her not to leave but encouraged her to stay strong.
    God has a way of taking care of His people ,especially the ones who hold on to Him in tough times.
    Just be strong and hold on ma(ex Mrs Israel Houghton),God is not man and cannot be mocked.
    Sorry for the epistle
    P.s.:i still love my dad though, his weakness, imperfections and all.

• e_mysterylady

November 13, 2016 at 10:20 pm

How is she still with your Dad when you said he married the side chick?

26. TRN

August 16, 2016 at 12:03 pm

This was EXACTLY my thought on the Instagram post this was culled from. We need to gain independence else men would keep messing up with our emotions. I just believe she thought was never good enough.

27. Shalewa

August 16, 2016 at 7:42 pm

So what do we call you forbisi ? ……….or whatever you say you are. Pls learn some decorum

28. deep

August 16, 2016 at 10:30 pm

If you don’t know what transpired, don’t assume someone else’s position on their behalf. We have all made decisions that people misjudged us for at different times and it was impossible to explain our situation to everybody, so we allowed them to assume and we did what we thought was right. His first wife is not a media person, she could not have been as lousy as the new lady. The new lady made the relationship public and I guess he had to go with the flow. Please, don’t pity someone that is probably living with another man and excited about her new life. We write based on what we see in the media and what we know. Pray for them and let God be the judge.

29. Eno

August 17, 2016 at 8:11 am

Dear judgmental Christians, guess what? Israel is a human being, he made a mistake, cheated on his ex wife, he falls just like the rest of us Christians, now we were not in their marriage to know maybe is ex wife couldn’t trust him again to make the marriage work, maybe that just completed left Israel no choice but to accept defeat and move on. And guess what else? People who make mistakes deserves another shot in life, love and marriage and he found it in Adrienne. Now of course he will treat Adrienne like he is he is older, has made mistakes with a woman and learnt his lessons.

30. Tosin

August 17, 2016 at 8:48 am

Devil May Care – Diana Krall

never regret.

31. ifeanyi

August 17, 2016 at 9:04 am

Live and Lets Live…Whatever makes them Happy! She should look to God for her Vengeance! Take a Clean Start and Move on with your Life without the hurt with it…

Nothing is achieved crying and hoping the relationship break…Nothing! Not even the satisfaction of Karma…

When someone do you wrong…they put a hook around your neck…when you forgive them, you take the hook off…

32. huh

August 18, 2016 at 2:26 am

Why should she have stayed strong? For a sham of a marriage? This is the problem with women and this winning mentality. Unfortunately the children end up imbibing this mindset and the cycle continues.

A married man’s responsibility is to his wife, no one else owes you anything. The sooner men know there are repercussions for their actions (children’s scorn, societal shame, financial ruin via divorce) the sooner our marriages will become unions of partners

33. its me

August 25, 2016 at 12:54 pm

i’m not really supporting anyone but i think, Christian believers should begin to learn how to pray for saints in their trying times. are we not supposed to bear one another’s burden. you never can tell what ur prayer can do. no one is above temptation. #praymoreandcondemnless

34. ME

September 4, 2016 at 6:09 pm

For all those ‘you don’t know what happened ‘ persons, please shove it a thousand miles up your *****. Israel Houghton himself EXPRESSLY stated what happened: He cheated on her with another woman. That is what happened and now he is about to marry his trophy wife and is making it global news. What is difficult to understand? God forbid bad men and women in this life! Don’t be one unless you want to be unfortunate in life.

35. Ndelly

October 19, 2016 at 11:27 pm

Luke 16:18 ESV / 56 helpful votes

“Everyone who divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery, and he who marries a woman divorced from her husband commits adultery.

Matthew 5:32 ESV / 39 helpful votes

But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

1 Corinthians 7:10-11 ESV / 29 helpful votes

To the married I give this charge (not I, but the Lord): the wife should not separate from her husband (but if she does, she should remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband), and the husband should not divorce his wife.

Mark 10:12 ESV / 29 helpful votes

And if she divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery.”

Romans 7:2 ESV / 27 helpful votes

For a married woman is bound by law to her husband while he lives, but if her husband dies she is released from the law of marriage.

Matthew 19:9 ESV / 27 helpful votes

And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery.”

Mark 10:11-12 ESV / 26 helpful votes

And he said to them, “Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her, and if she divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery.”

36. DHM

November 11, 2016 at 5:54 am

From what I read in the New Testament, the only spiritual reason allowed for divorce is Adultery. It would appear that his ex-wife (Meleasa) certainly has grounds since he cheated. The Lord may not be pleased that he is getting remarried given his Adultery. So much for: “Til Death do us part and forsaking all others”! If he cheated on Meleasa, there is a high probability that he will cheat on Adrienne. The same vows he made to God and Meleasa are the same vows he will be making to Adrienne!

• Kathy Morris

November 26, 2016 at 3:41 am

If Israel was Christian—he would not be with Adrienne.

37. Thewind

November 20, 2016 at 6:29 pm

This is reallly sad! Im not trying to judge Israel, but where is the respect towards his ex- wife and his children. This man has four kids with his ex- wife. This man has already been established. To me that’s just crazy and sloppy that Adrianne would even marry this man who already has been established with four kids. I think that Adrianne could have done better. My heart really goes out to Meleasa. It is heart breaking to watch your ex-husband divorce you goes and gets married to another woman in the same year.. That to me is Just heart breaking!!!!. Any ways we shall see how it all turns out. Of course, if this man was not well Known in society, Adrienne would have never married him in the first place. Not to be judgementall, there are some great man out there that are single and established, She could have given these men a chance as well. But then again people like her marry for status thinking that its love. All of this hype, with her displaying her photos of him on social media, and the lavish vacations are all based on her emotions and are at the moment. But when the tough gets though, and situations comes crawling out of the middle of nowhere in the marriage what is going to happen then?.

38. mrsthankful

February 1, 2017 at 8:12 pm

A Minister, We are to love what God love (marriage). And hate what God hates (divorce )
    Are our vows empty words—-For better or worse, it’s not ‘if’ it’s ‘when’ because those times are coming

• LadyB

April 2, 2017 at 6:46 am

I’m so happy someone is reading their Bible. For everyone else who thinks that it’s okay to cheat; 1 Corinthians Ch 1 is a wonderful starting place. There’s no justification.

39. Jean

May 27, 2017 at 8:32 pm

The men of the world are going to support other men. Why can’t we as women support other women when they have been hurt.