Music

Ain’t No Surrogate here! Janet Jackson Shows off her Baby Bump

Janet-Jackson

Did we hear someone say BN Style Your Bump? We can’t wait for the Janet Jackson edition!

Singer and Mother-to-be, Janet Jackson was out and about in good spirits showing off her pregnancy glow recently in some photos taken  by ET Online

Janet-Jackson-001

The 50 year old singer has been married to Wissam Al Mana since 2012, and this appearance puts surrogate rumours to rest.

Last April, Jackson announced that she would be postponing her tour to start a family and although she has yet to publicly speak about her pregnancy, La Toya Jackson offered an update on how her younger sister is doing, telling ET that she was on bed rest. “She’s resting,” La Toya said. “She’s doing fabulous.”

Photo Credit: ET Online

1. Goody

September 30, 2016 at 10:33 am

Happy for her.

2. Viv Law

September 30, 2016 at 10:50 am

She’s having a baby at 50 and she looks great.
    I wish her safe delivery when the time comes.

3. Billionaire in Grace

September 30, 2016 at 11:41 am

This shows that anything is possible if you believe

• Idomagirl

September 30, 2016 at 9:56 pm

*if you have money.

• Author Unknown

October 1, 2016 at 12:26 am

You and this money thing sha. Lol. Just kidding Idomagirl. Money is overrated.

4. Author Unknown

September 30, 2016 at 2:44 pm

I don’t know why I’m not cool with your ‘Ain’t No Surrogate here’ caption. I get that it’s to prove the rumours wrong, but what it does is also diminish the status of women who had children via surrogacy. I realise surrogacy is not a first option, but we need to start treating motherhood, whether via purely natural means, IVF, surrogacy, or adoption as having the same social standing.

• Nahum

September 30, 2016 at 9:17 pm

Gbam!!! God bless you o!!! Even motherhood by adoption is still motherhood and should be celebrated. We need to stop this bias abeg. Everyone won born like the Hebrew Women, if it is not your portion, you roll with the punches and make lemonade out of your lemons

• Prince

October 1, 2016 at 12:30 pm

You just made my day. Nice one. Bellanaija does not have a proof reader

5. Luvnaija

September 30, 2016 at 4:05 pm

I couldn’t agree more with you unknown author! The title rubs off on me the wrong way! The baby shaming and all things shaming in our society today is off limit! There’s no race! No competition! Nothing to prove!
    Even the bible says ” even if you have everything you desire in life, it’s all vanity”
    Maybe I’m being touchy…pregnancy hormones hopefully!!

6. otinkpu

September 30, 2016 at 6:33 pm

My sentiments exactly Unknown Author. She could have used donor eggs,we simply do not know the facts. Would that make her less worthy of praise? I think not.

7. Viv

October 1, 2016 at 10:53 am

I never wanted to comment because Bella commenters like forming class.
    But due to the truth I know about this beautiful soul of a woman, Janet Jackson.
    She being well enlightened and go getter ,she freezed her egg at 40 waiting for the right one. So dearies she is carrying her bio child and even if she did otherwise you cant match up to her mitchew

• Lol

October 1, 2016 at 11:40 am

So are you agreeing or disagreeing that non-natural pregnancy shaming is wrong or is your problem that commenters speak good English and think well which you call “class”.. I’m so confused

• VIV-id imagination.

October 1, 2016 at 8:57 pm

@Viv: “”you cant match up to her””. I’ve always wished Janet well and prayed she would be found by her won husband and have her own children and have true love and true happiness and joy. Why it is impossible for anyone to equal and even surpass her, seeing as she is not God, and, (2) seeing as what anyone becomes is solely in the power of the Almighty God, is what is puzzling to me in your comment.

Also, puzzling, is how you announce so ‘authoritatively’ with such knowing certainty that “”she freezed her egg at 40 .”” I’ve checked and there’s nowhere on the internet (that I’ve seen yet, you may provide a link) that this is reported. Janet only mentioned once that she was “”considering freezing”” her eggs. All other news is supposition and guesswork. You, however, state it as if with all authority. Are you Janet’s confidante? Or, gynaecologist? Or, Janet?