Events

Adebola Williams hosts CNN’s Zain Asher in Lagos | Noble Igwe, Waje, Toke Makinwa & More Attend

Zain Asher & Adebola Williams

Zain Asher & Adebola Williams

CNN Anchor Zain Asher is currently on a working visit to Lagos, Nigeria and recently she was hosted by Adebola Williams in his home with a few friends also in attendance.

Toke Makinwa, Timi Dakolo, Waje, Tosyn Bucknor, Stephanie Busuri, Arese Ugwu, Noble Igwe, Latasha Ngwube, Zainab Balogun, Lala Akindoju, Vimbai Mutinhiri, Stephanie Busari, Shade Ladipo and more were spotted at the hangout.

See the photos below.

Timi Dakolo & Zain Asher

Timi Dakolo & Zain Asher

Adebola Williams & Eunice Omole

Adebola Williams & Eunice Omole

Zain Asher & Shade Ladipo

Zain Asher & Shade Ladipo

Andrea Giaccaglia & Vimbai Mutinhiri

Andrea Giaccaglia & Vimbai Mutinhiri

Zain Asher, Adebola Williams, Eunice Omole, Tosyn Bucknor, Waje & Latasha Ngwube

Zain Asher, Stephanie Busari, Adebola Williams, Eunice Omole, Tosyn Bucknor, Waje & Latasha Ngwube

Zain Asher, Vimbai Mutinhiri, Tosyn Bucknor, Zain Asher and Lala Akindoju

Zain Asher, Vimbai Mutinhiri, Tosyn Bucknor, Zain Asher and Lala Akindoju

image

Adebola Williams & Toke Makinwa

Arese Ugwu, Toke Makinwa & Tosyn Bucknor

Arese Ugwu, Toke Makinwa & Tosyn Bucknor

Arese Ugwu, Waje & Noble Igwe

Arese Ugwu, Waje & Noble Igwe

1. kikiki

October 9, 2016 at 7:52 pm

I just want to shout Igbo Kwenu!!! Igbos should be proud of themselves. All these they achieved without being parasitical to the Nigerian state. Shows that having all political position does not guaranty success. Jidenna, Chimamanda, Linda Ikeji, Genevieve, Chiwetel Ejiofor,Bella Naija, Zain Ejiofor Asher……….
    Nigeria Kwenu! Igbo Kwezuenu!

• A Real Nigerian

October 9, 2016 at 8:25 pm

ROTFLMAO!!
      Another clueless igbo person trying way too hard to massage the ego of her insecure ethnic group. There is nothing to be proud of and you cannot deceive anybody with this facade of “underdog success”.
      Why do you have to remind everyone of your ethnic group’s inborn inferiority complex? Always crying and moaning and trying to draw attention to themselves.
      “Wah wah wah we are the smartest!!!”
      “Wah wah wah we know how to do business!!!”
      “Wah wah wah we have Achebe and Chimamanda!!!”
      “Wah wah wah Nigerians are envious of us!!!”
      “Wah wah wah give us Biafra!!!”
      “Wah wah wah we’ll vote for Jonathan just to spite other Nigerians!!!”
      One would think that the loud and arrogant yorubas or the ignorant, paedophile hausa-fulanis are the worst, but damn, you guys are on another level.
      If you constantly have to whine about oppression when your biggest problems come from your own society, you’ll never achieve anything and will always be victims of your self-induced mental slavery till the apocalypse.
      Stop with the constant whining, bitterness and moaning. Stop selling your souls just for a little bit of money and think of how to make yourselves a better people!

• kikiki

October 9, 2016 at 8:39 pm

@ Real bitter Nigerian, I am an Ijebu. From the royal family.
      You just exhibited your bitterness and insecurities against this bold people
      I am very proud of the Igbo nation. Their tenacity is out of this world. V seen them in my graduate and postgraduate in Harvard and they aren’t what the likes of you paint them.

Get a life knuckle head!

• Arinola

October 9, 2016 at 8:42 pm

I don’t understand why you feel the need to be so bitter, you could have passed the message along without the need to be so ugly…all ethnic groups have people to be proud of and if someone wants to blow their horn, albeit a bit prematurely, then let them…I mean we are all Nigerians..no wonder the white man was able to land on the shores of Africa and we sold our own people leading to what is happening in America and all over the world (segregation, Jim Crow, police brutality, racism)
      You have to bring yourself down before someone else can bring you down..so I applaud anyone that is proud of their ethnic group..however the most important message is that we are all Nigerians…let us lift ourselves up for pete’s sake!

• Mrs chidukane

October 9, 2016 at 9:01 pm

Shut up anuofia! Igbo kwenu my sister! I didn’t even bother reading your rubbish epistle. Everyday on bn Igbo people are vilified as though they’re the only ones that commit crime in Nigeria. If she wants to celebrate an Igbo sister that is doing well then she has every right to do so and you will deal with it and shut your bitter mouth all the way up!

• A Real Nigerian

October 9, 2016 at 9:43 pm

Not only are you exceptionally clueless, you also seem to be vain and seeking validation as well for whatever inadequacies plague your sad life.
      I don’t care if you went to Harvard or Uniport, neither do I care if your ancestors were kings or slaves. Do you think bragging about your status will make your twisted tribalistic opinion any less hollow? Or do you want to intimidate me? *hisses loudly*

• Lacey

October 9, 2016 at 11:01 pm

@ real Nigerian, this person is an individual , you have just displayed your high level stupidity , coming here to say one tribe is inferior! We all should see ourselves as Nigerians and promote true federalism at all times.

• Lagos ismy home

October 9, 2016 at 11:29 pm

Kikiki….. there are load of Yoruba and other tribe graduates from Havard. Havard is not exclusive to the igbo and neither is any other great college abroad so not sure why you mentioned it here

• Fols

October 9, 2016 at 8:51 pm

My people must we always narrow everything down to tribe? Why can’t we just appreciate that she’s of Nigerian origin representing the country well abroad? The Yoruba people have some great exports too like John Boyega, Femi Oke, Wole Soyinka, Asa, Omotola, David Oyelowo, Fela, the list goes on. But the best part that connects us all is that we are Nigerian. We can all boast that our tribes are the bomb, but the Igbo tribe that produced Peter Obi and his integrity (thumbs up) also gave us Prof Maurice Iwu (former INEC Chairman of amazing signs and wonders). The same Yoruba tribe that gave us Fashola gave us Fayose. Attahiru Jega who has been widely acclaimed speaks the same Hausa with Abacha and certain other despots we despise.

In each of us, we have both the good and the bad. Let’s just learn to appreciate ourselves and each other as Nigerians without playing the subtle tribal supremacy card. Every tribe is great on its own but mine is greater than another. We all make each other greater. Together we are stronger and capable of awesome things!

• Fols

October 9, 2016 at 8:54 pm

Sorry i meant to say “none is greater than another” not mine is greater than another. Thought this auto correct demon would never catch me ohhh ?

• The Real Oma

October 9, 2016 at 9:06 pm

You have spoken well @Fols, It is about time we de-emphasized tribe, and built our strength as a nation. We all have good and bad people, let no one ever forget that.

• Didi

October 9, 2016 at 9:52 pm

Fols I used to think like you until I saw the numerous hate comments against Igbos everywhere on the internet including even Bellanaija. Just a crime news story where Igbos are involved is enough to begin anti Igbo bias on Bellanaija but not so where Yoruba criminals are involved. Yorubas are more likely to be defended against tribalistic comments here compared to Igbos. So while I see where you are coming from Igbos deserve a lot more accolades than most due to the very negative impressions that others attempt to paint of them.

Has anyone noticed how stigmatized groups are always painted as whiners and complainers (i.e. Black Americans, minorities, etc) by others? Maybe “Igbo whining” as they call it has merit due to their very unique history in modern Nigeria compared to other tribes.

Just some food for thought.

• naija_conscience

October 9, 2016 at 10:00 pm

But fayose is bolder, smarter and less corrupt than fashola

• Bellepays.

October 10, 2016 at 2:15 am

I am not Igbo and I clicked the like button for @kikiki’s comment. Celebrating your tribe and celebrating your country are not mutually exclusive.

That my siblings and I record great accomplishments does not mean that when I celebrate, I must tag the celebration that of the entire extended family network and start lauding all my cousins, aunties, uncles, etc. It is natural for me to first see that it is someone from my own immediate family branch and be happy about that, that the honour to the entire extended family network came through someone from my own family house, even whilst I celebrate our corporate glory.

In families, there is sibling rivalry. It is natural. It abides healthily between siblings who would not think twice about teaching a good lesson to any outsider who attacked any one of them.

In secondary and boarding schools, students belong to various School Houses, and there is always inter-House rivalry and competitions; yet, let any other school come against or have to face those same students in all those same various Houses, the opposing school will find itself contending with a united force, ONE body of students.

When we insist to the illiterate West (and others) and make a distinction to them that we are Nigerians, Ghanaians, Togolese, Sierra Leoneans, etc (and not just from ‘Africa’) it doesn’t mean we are negating or denying that we are Africans.

@kikiki is not Igbo. Yet, instinctively celebrated the Igbos, within, not exclusive of our Nigerian family. It is the same as when one’s sister or brother, one’s sibling brings honour to the family and one rejoices and celebrates that sibling for so doing whilst exulting in the fact that the family’s name has been lifted up. I am not Igbo. Yet, I, also, instinctively liked @kikiki’s comment. I think this is one instinct we should all, COMPULSORILY, as Nigerians, have, emulate and cultivate.

• Luu

October 10, 2016 at 8:22 am

Exactly, people are so eager to claim achievements and nobody claims the douche bags.
      All in all, this tribe thing is killing us big time. I am Igbo and have dated Hausa men all my life despite growing up in east. So i don’t understand why we bicker. Our young generation should let go of the hatred. It is killing us

• Prince

October 10, 2016 at 12:34 pm

Nah you come make sense pass among all of them wey dey quarrel. I hail you
      Na one passport all of us carry and the back na GREEN except say you don nationalise for another country.
      Why the quarrel, Zain is first Nigerian before Igbo. David Oyelowo if first Nigerian before Yoruba. why all these ranting about tribe

• Lagos ismy home

October 9, 2016 at 11:33 pm

Is there a reason why Chiwetel Ejiofor sister calls herself Zain Asher

• Igbo-KweNOT

October 9, 2016 at 11:43 pm

Lol! IGBO: I Grow Bigger Outside. Y’all should be very grateful to your various ‘Hosts’ who allow you to flourish outside your homeland. Go develop Home and stop begging for first class recognition outside. Stop being immigrant worker bees everywhere. You wouldn’t have to make so much compensation noise if y’all had a home-base to proud of. So who hasn’t achieved what Igbos have achieved? Anything new?

• mosky

October 10, 2016 at 6:32 pm

Grateful about what? i forgot that you feed the great Igbos while your folks live under bridge at oshodi, huh!

• Smackdown

October 10, 2016 at 9:55 am

Celebrate luv, but it’s about to be 2017. Enough with the tribe B.S. We are all Nigerians at the end of the day. At least that’s how the rest of the world sees us.

2. Bubu

October 9, 2016 at 8:09 pm

Soo she is Igbo!! OK o. By the way fellow BNers there is a major tea about to be spilled. Debola and —– U will not believe it!!! Just get ur TM ready!!. Decode that caps!

• Lilo

October 9, 2016 at 8:17 pm

Arese Uguw?,

• Fifi

October 9, 2016 at 8:48 pm

I think he dated her younger sister Isoken, I remember she did a soiree featured here for him. I am suspecting him and Waje mmm am i right?

• Nancy

October 9, 2016 at 10:22 pm

I hate people like you. If you will say it, say it. Don’t say it in a way that you’ve said nothing at all.
      If you say it, nobody will catch you in the comment section.
      Oya, redeem your self, come back and say it.

• Zeb

October 10, 2016 at 9:47 am

Lmao… I know d scope u are using????u be amebo big time. ?

• Guessing

October 10, 2016 at 12:21 am

Toke?

• Iyke

October 10, 2016 at 6:41 am

There’s something not right about this Adebola Williams.Maybe his sexuality?My instincts are always right.Your life,your choice though.

3. Bubu

October 9, 2016 at 8:11 pm

Maybe Bellanaija will try to get this one Exclusive!! Pix 8!! Decode that number!!

• Lizzzi

October 9, 2016 at 9:33 pm

?…. You actually had me scrolling all the way back up to count photos.

• LizziAmebo

October 9, 2016 at 9:45 pm

Amebo that u is!

4. Fifi

October 9, 2016 at 8:51 pm

Not Toke either shes Arese bff, its Waje seems he like voluptuous babes or many its Latasha

5. Amebo

October 9, 2016 at 9:20 pm

Got it, Toke Makinwa as in decode the letter in caps and Pix 8 is the pic of both of them. Please spill tea, I get kitchen roll to mop it.

6. Marlvina

October 9, 2016 at 9:32 pm

Debola and Toke!!

7. Lilo

October 9, 2016 at 10:13 pm

Nah. Isoken used to date Adebola. Isoken is Arese’s sister.Arese is Toke’s bff. Hahah. The weave pulling will be hilarious

8. anon

October 9, 2016 at 10:18 pm

Hello guys, I need some money to buy milk for my son, pay my daughter’s school fees and pay my house rent. Their dad walked out on us without making adequate arrangements for our upkeep. My acc no is 0006121375 and bank is GTB. Pls help, no amount is too small. Thank you as you respond.

9. Fols

October 9, 2016 at 10:31 pm

@Didi, I totally get where you’re coming from. Unfortunately, getting overly defensive because of some people’s ignorance and short-sightedness towards your tribe will not make them vilify you any less. Hasnt worked for any minority till date anywhere in the world. It will just continue the downward spiral. We can only hope that time, enlightenment and education will break the stereotypes that keep us in bondage.

Even within the same tribe, you will hear parents tell their children, “don’t marry from that other state”, or from that other village. Even internally, we divide ourselves further. Na wa!

Me personally, I love inter-tribal marriages because I think it serves to help break down these silly ideas, one marriage at a time. We really need God to help us in this country.

• Ekene

October 10, 2016 at 7:29 am

Madam Rest. “It have do” Only you still on that topic

10. Beard gang

October 9, 2016 at 10:37 pm

nice photos

i read comments on the maje ayida interview post and i was shocked and pained..

please not every nigerian man is irresponsible and depraved.. your vile comments are ruining marriages and relationships; it is causing unnecessary panic and distrust; making wives and girlfriends paranoid.

there are some good nigerian men, pray to the Almighty for discernment and pay attention to a man’s heart (test him if need be) and not his looks or his societal status. to women who have been hurt, God will fight your battles for you just move on with dignity, grace and love in your hearts. don’t let bitterness have the better part of you.

to the irresponsible nigerian men, humble yourself because if you allow God to humble you….henhen! lol.. it will be bad o

to the responsible nigerian men, don’t take some of these hate words at face value..lol.. show your woman love and in no time they will snap out of the ‘hatred’ …

love you all …have a nice week

• TeeS

October 9, 2016 at 11:31 pm

I like your thought process. I hate men right now. (They’ve dealt with me?( But from what you typed. I got something positive from it. Thank you.

11. passerby

October 9, 2016 at 10:45 pm

Sorry @ real Nigerian on loosing your boyfriend to Nkiru and Chi Chi.
    I truly understand your frustrations.

12. Author Unknown

October 10, 2016 at 12:04 am

Is Zain Asher a big deal like that? I get that she works for CNN as an anchor, and that’s commendable given her line of work, but so have many. I don’t mean to diminish the poor girl who is simply attending a private party held in her honour by a friend, and who clearly didn’t ask for this attention, but I think the big deal is that she’s Nigerian. Kind of suggesting that Nigerians attaining any level of success abroad is a big deal. If I’m not mistaken, she didn’t attend Unilag and then become a CNN anchor (with a Nigerian accent and all). Now that would be quite something. Let’s learn to celebrate ourselves without insulting ourselves in the process.

• Longe

October 10, 2016 at 3:32 am

So much rubbish coming from an unknown author. Stop typing rubbish and get off your bum and do something. People have studied in Nigerian universities and do something, hating on privileged people or those with foreign education on this blog is really boring and pointless, seeing as people without these privileges are doing great things anyway. For the fact that you don’t get how big it is for a black woman to be a CNN anchor… in fact bye. Be there looking for who will massage your insecurities

• Luu

October 10, 2016 at 8:26 am

Tell me more my dear. I dug my ass at a quasi-federal university. Did my MPH at a supposed Ist generation federal university and now on PhD elsewhere. I can say boldly I’m cutting it in my field. Now tell me again success and I will tell you how i got here. And so many Nigerians have made it through all the stress to leave a mark on the world. I am constantly in awe of these people.

13. nnenne

October 10, 2016 at 4:41 am

Thanks for appreciating your own Adebola.
    It says a lot about you .

• Tesh Says

October 10, 2016 at 5:05 am

Would he still appreciate her if she wasn’t chiwetel’s sister or worked for CNN. There is an agenda behind this. Famzing at the highest level

• ATL's finest

October 12, 2016 at 4:59 am

@ Tesh says ???????lmao! Best comment ever read on this article & On that Note, it’s a good night from me to y’all. Everyone is hanging on to connections /keeping their Famzing business tight.

14. Victor Adegoke

October 10, 2016 at 9:40 am

Very good people representing the Naija Nation. We should eschew tribalism and ethnicism. This is killing us as a Country.

15. trudy

October 10, 2016 at 11:21 am

dear nigerians and africans, we are so full of tribalistic hate but complain when white people are racists ? no race is greater than the other, no tribe is greater than the other. you cant have tolerance for your fellow countyman and you expect another race to respect you? ***side eye**

• Mama

October 10, 2016 at 12:38 pm

This is my mantra all day everyday! When I hear some people say their tribe or culture or ethnicity is the best in Nigeria, my next thought is by what yardstick or scale did you make that measurement? I have said it before and will continue to say it that many Nigerians have no respect for cultural and religious differences. It is one thing to praise yourself and another thing to put down others down in order to praise yourself. We want to go abroad and be accepted by the host country but yet are unwilling to accept others within our own country however different, uneducated or “parasitic” in the words of someone here.

16. olorire

October 10, 2016 at 11:55 am

wow you guys have no chill….loool just ere toread comments

17. Grandma

October 10, 2016 at 1:46 pm

Sitting pretty and wondering how girls/women fall over themselves to attract Adebola. I can imagine how they don’t let him rest. Mr, don’t allow them distract you ooo.

18. FAITH

October 10, 2016 at 2:59 pm

I DO NOT KNOW WHY IGBO PROBLEMS ALWAYS YORUBA PROBLEM
    NIGERIA IS AN ENTITY OF DIFFERENT NATIONALITIES.
    CELEBRATE UR OWN AND WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL?.
    ALWAYS SHEDDING TEARS MORE THAN THE BEREAVED.
    HOPE TO SEE THIS FAULTY FOUNDATION COLLAPSE DURING MY TIME.

19. abi

October 10, 2016 at 9:40 pm

You’d have to be really insecure to be bothered about someone praising their own.