News

EFCC Declares Goodie Minabo Ibru Wanted for Alleged Fraud

Goodie Ibru WantedThe Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has declared wanted billionaire businessman Goodie Minabo Ibru for alleged capital marker fraud, money laundering, and other fraud related offences.

The EFCC said in a statement on Wednesday:

The public is hereby notified that Goodie Minabo Ibru, whose photograph appears above is wanted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission in connection with a case of conspiracy, Capital Market fraud, Stealing, diversion of funds, and money laundering.

He allegedly diverted billions of naira and assets of Ikeja Hotels Plc, owners of Sheraton Hotel, Lagos, Federal Palace Hotel and Capital Hotel, owners of Sheraton Hotel, Abuja to his personal benefit.

The 74-year-old Ibru is 5’11 ft, dark in complexion and a native of Agbara-Otoh, Delta state. He speaks English, Yoruba and Urhobo fluently. His last known address is No 5 Ogalade close, Victoria Island/Sheraton, Ikeja Lagos.

Anybody having useful information as to his whereabouts should contact the commission through any of its offices located at Abuja, Kano, Gombe, Lagos, Ibadan, Maiduguri, Enugu and Port Harcourt.

1. Anon

October 12, 2016 at 9:20 pm

Oturugbeke!

2. Olu-lo-lu-lo

October 13, 2016 at 12:12 am

The Ibru family sha! Dem no dey tire!

• Here

October 13, 2016 at 2:25 am

The buhari and tinubu family no dey tire too! Plus all the jobless billionaires up north east. But here here. Oh well, like bn people like to see “we can’t because of one leave the other” ?

3. Chu

October 13, 2016 at 12:36 pm

Ah, what am I seeing? Where they waiting for Michael to die? Was he the one holding the family together. I never thought I would see this. An Ibru on wanted list? Na real oturugbeke. As my aunt would say ebabo!

4. nene

October 13, 2016 at 1:03 pm

after he has left nigeria, they are looking for him. smh

5. I_I

October 13, 2016 at 2:15 pm

The man has been seriously fighting with his late brother’s widow for control of several businesses . . . I’m guessing this is a fall-out.

6. Someone pls explain

October 13, 2016 at 5:29 pm

How is his name Minabo? Is he from Rivers. I’m asking cos that’s my neighbors kids name here in Lagos and they are from Rivers state. Thought he was from Delta.

7. CUTTRED MEATLOAF!!

October 13, 2016 at 6:07 pm

Finally ooh!!!! its about to go down……whats with the IBRU dynasty and fraud…..perhaps some forces are trying to bring the empire down @ all cost…its about to get UGLY!!!