Scoop

Exclusive: The Wait is Over! Toke Makinwa Releases Cover Art for her Memoir “On Becoming”

cover-artwork-frontIs it a movie? Is it a documentary? Is it a reality show?  Social media has speculated profusely over the last week since the release of Toke Makinwa’s ‘On Becoming’ visuals.

The wait is finally over.

We can now confirm that ‘On Becoming’ is the title of Toke Makinwa’s book.

In her memoir, we meet the real Toke Makinwa, going from bubbly child to lonely teenager after the devastating loss of both her parents and now one of Nigeria’s most successful media personalities.

She also breaks her silence on the marriage scandal and how it changed her life, finding forgiveness and strengthening her faith in God.

On Becoming is Toke’s journey through pain to victory.

on-becoming-hardcover-book-ereader

The book goes on release on the 28th of November 2016 in bookstores across Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, United Kingdom and United States. E-Books will be available on Kindle, Amazon, OkadaBooks and others.

1. Ayo

November 10, 2016 at 12:13 pm

Amazing.
    Really looking forward to reading it and understanding her journey.

• Lacey

November 10, 2016 at 8:29 pm

This is the problem with the Nigerian youths! What is the scientific problem she has solved?Toke does not inspire me in anyway! Though I commend her hustle!but right now I really begin to see the reason why Maje had to bail !

• EC

November 10, 2016 at 8:53 pm

Oh no Lacey. She has a story and she is telling it. How is ThisBeatisYoursTruly paining you

• Bidemi

November 10, 2016 at 10:11 pm

@Lacey, Trump won o. Maybe time to start packing. All you illegal immigrants Trump is coming for you.

• Lacey

November 10, 2016 at 10:13 pm

Nigerian youths are a lost generation! Anything freaks you guys! @EC I do not even get it!what story are you talking about? You guys are just so shallow ! I pity the next generation following this set of lost jewels! All shades of shallow! No substance!!!

• Jo!

November 11, 2016 at 8:34 am

Hahahahahahaha. E say “scientific problem” lololololololololololololololol. OMG

• EE

November 11, 2016 at 12:20 pm

You really believe the BellaNaija comments section is a reflection of “Nigerian youth”???

We come for the light atmosphere, nothing serious, I’m sure we’re all hardworking dollar spinning machines IRL.

• Just Negodu

November 11, 2016 at 2:06 pm

Gbam @EC. Isn’t that what @Lacey says anytime she is called out on her BS? “I only come here to enjoy the light hearted comments o….l work in corporate America.” This Lacey is full of BS. I hope you also read the comment letting you know Trump won. Bloody illegal always has a useless opinion. Toke is doing well for herself. No ne cares about your opinion Lacey.

2. Person

November 10, 2016 at 12:27 pm

Yaass!!!! Tokestarr keeps winning and slaying! I’ll be buying!

• FasholasLover

November 10, 2016 at 2:48 pm

Mee too. I shall be investing in Tokstarr’s (With a double R) ministry. Go girl!
      There are opportunities all around us. May God open our eyes to see them. Not only see them, but to see them early and act on them.

3. jess

November 10, 2016 at 12:27 pm

That is one gorgeous picture.

4. Dame Marian

November 10, 2016 at 12:28 pm

Dear Toke Makinwa, l don’t know you but l love your strength and dedication to what you do.l see MO ABUDU in you.God crown your efforts…..kindly make the book reachable for us….

5. dapo

November 10, 2016 at 12:43 pm

Mehn, who is doing this gal’s publicity. 100% dopeness

6. Mahka

November 10, 2016 at 12:54 pm

That cover picture is everything…I look forward to reading but I honestly felt these issues doesn’t have to be ‘a must tell’, these stories are private happenings in your life. Since you want to share, no problem ,am reading. Go toke, go toke go!!!!

• Ife

November 10, 2016 at 1:09 pm

Hey dear , it’s no longer private it’s moe a biography which we can all learn from

7. Thatgidigirl

November 10, 2016 at 1:05 pm

When life throws you lemons, make a chocolate cake and keep them wondering HOW??? Love her or hate her, you can’t deny her hustle. I call her an acquired taste that has come to stay. Meanwhile, if you haven’t read Arese’s book, help yourself mbok. It goes into some deep part of your brain and hits the reset button….I’m not sure how an investment of my time and money in Toke’s book would help me considering we “read” her life everyday on blogs and social media, but I wish her the best because she deserves nothing less.

8. Gen

November 10, 2016 at 1:07 pm

Yasss!.. So buying this book. This Toke is quite an interesting individual.

9. Nonso

November 10, 2016 at 1:11 pm

I love you Toke!
    I definitely will buy…

10. Xoxo

November 10, 2016 at 1:23 pm

Toke Toke…. Babygurl!!!! Look at that cover…. I so did not see a book coming. I though she was probably going to do a reality show or something of that nature. I’ve got to say I’m really impressed and I’d definitely read her book. I’ll at least have an idea of the real Toke Makinwa without all the backlash. Never knew she lost both her parents. Keep winning Toke. Nothing will bring you down by Gods grace. Your hustle and can do spirit is an inspiration.

11. Billionaire in grace

November 10, 2016 at 1:48 pm

Even South Africa!!!! I will but it and see what she is up to

12. Deb

November 10, 2016 at 2:40 pm

I’m going to read it.

13. Ese v

November 10, 2016 at 2:45 pm

I’m a closet Toke fan. You CANNOT deny her hustle! Keep going, girl!

14. trey

November 10, 2016 at 2:51 pm

When I was pregnant many years ago, I got this very annoying spot which I thought was a pimple. It metamorphosed into a cute little beauty spot or mole, call it whatever. From it being an eye sore, I now get comments like ” what a cute beauty mark you have there” ! Yeah right, 10 years and it becomes a beauty spot or whatever. That spot is Toke! Incredible! Impressed!

15. FinchleysFinest

November 10, 2016 at 3:20 pm

You see why I love this babe… I am happy its a book and not some Nollywood Home video lol…

TokStarr…… God bless ya Hustle

16. Nothingbutthetruth

November 10, 2016 at 3:47 pm

Oh dear! Who is laughing now. While some negative comments were piling on the teaser here last week, toke signed a youtube presentation award deal and now has a book soon to be released.
    This must be really hard for all them stone throwers.
    While some are hating toke keeps growing leaps and bounds. He has indeed set toke a table in the presence of her enemies.
    Welldone toke only luv and 100% respect ive got for you.

17. Amebowhosendyou

November 10, 2016 at 3:53 pm

Na wah for Toke. Nothing stopping this chic at all i swear!
    After world people will say toke bleaches. Its her choice afterall who your black skin epp
    Toke is fake – who your realness don epp
    Toke attends all the events even the one they didnt invite her to. Its part of her job. Who your conservative good girl moves don epp.
    Toke was a runs girl oh. Who your virginity don epp
    Dey there dey count bridge toke don carry sack enter bank. Bad belle peepo.
    I go buy the book. I dey wait. Well done starr!

18. Ej

November 10, 2016 at 4:02 pm

Isalie ebuka n noble igwe gay, no way they are not, ironi

19. Nothingbutthetruth

November 10, 2016 at 4:12 pm

@EJ take a minute and ask your self what the meaning of what you just wrote means. Also take a minute to ask yourself if either of those guys are your relatives or brothers will you be in a hurry to spread bad vibes as is obviously your intention. Noble just got married a few months ago so also take a minute and ask yourself how you will feel if you were his wife reading your comment.
    Be kind and let love trump hate. Spread love that you may also find love.

• Ej

November 11, 2016 at 8:29 am

Excuse me ma or sir, am very sure u read meaning into my disbelief, u weren’t here with me or in my head, I refused to belief it cos I am a big fan of ebuka, cos of media, and he inspires me even after tying this I paused and took a minute and said out loud it is not possible, it can’t never happen, sorry if I gave u a wrong impression but clearing I was not thinking in ur way

20. Flexe

November 10, 2016 at 4:16 pm

I wish her all the best. She keeps moving no matter what life throws at her. #That’stheSpirit.

21. Nne Somebody

November 10, 2016 at 4:17 pm

I’m so happy for Toke. I don’t know of any celebrity in Nigeria that people love to hate as much. All this anger and hatred going round the world, makes you think some people need a hug. Keep shining, Toke.

P.s, you photograph so beautifully

22. abby

November 10, 2016 at 4:24 pm

Lol ! which wait? you and who were waiting? Congrats Toke

23. nene

November 10, 2016 at 4:32 pm

i didnt know she was an orphan. good for her. i think her book will be a success.

24. Busarni

November 10, 2016 at 4:42 pm

Say what? When ? How? Stop spreading false tales ooh. Each to his/her own…

25. Seriously

November 10, 2016 at 5:45 pm

Yay!!! Go Toke. Congratulations. Keep soaring.

26. Fashionista

November 10, 2016 at 5:50 pm

I will be buying this (well if the price is reasonable sha). Well done Toke, your strength, focus and resilience against all odds is actually inspiring.

27. apples

November 10, 2016 at 5:51 pm

wow! this sounds interesting…… keep your hustle up girl, not a fan but i like how you take advantage of whatever this life gives you.

28. Talk Talk

November 10, 2016 at 5:53 pm

Am I the only one that thinks Toke looks so much like Bonang in this picture? Congrats girl stay winning!

29. Talk

November 10, 2016 at 5:54 pm

P.s you are really unpredictable!

30. Cece

November 10, 2016 at 8:27 pm

I wonder who the biographer is. Its a great cover. Her haters have gone missing from this post. We need celebrity biographers in Nigeria. Hopefully, the book itself would be as great as the cover. Would like to read RMD’s biography..

31. Cece

November 10, 2016 at 8:28 pm

And you guys saying thumbs up, work extra hard and you will have a biography in hot demand too. She is human like you.

32. Vivian Emobena

November 11, 2016 at 12:16 am

In every mess there is a message like that of Oprah Winfrey . Toke is such a strong lady and I appreciate her so much . I will read and I will learn.

33. book

November 11, 2016 at 1:06 am

Na wa oh, is it in this recession we will buy book?
    In this heat we will read this big book?
    someone read and summarize ni
    Let me know whenever it is made into a movie, inspirational books bore me abeg
    Long pages of unrealistic nonsense, exaggerated events
    Inspire wetin.. all na hustle for the writers oh jare

Chimamanda must be unpleased
    A whole book dedicated to how ‘he’ treated me..
    Toke’s feminism is not her feminism at all

34. Wetin

November 11, 2016 at 1:45 am

This is irrelevant to as far as I am concerned. She should have continue writing.. . Like this is mostly like a time for the story to flow.

35. JENNIETOBBIE

November 11, 2016 at 3:44 am

My kind of girl…love her

36. Jo!

November 11, 2016 at 8:35 am

Hahahahahahaha. E say “scientific problem” lololololololololololololololol. OMG

37. anonymous

November 11, 2016 at 8:52 am

A little too young for a memoir now, isn’t she?

• anonymous

November 11, 2016 at 8:55 am

But it wouldn’t stop me from reading, you better get those coins girl!

38. Tosin

November 16, 2016 at 6:58 am

and donald is president-elect

39. Beautiful

November 16, 2016 at 8:51 am

….and what should we learn from this ? We are expected to buy a book telling us a story of another persons life??? I don’t get it , once the book is out bloggers will reveal its content so why bother buying?? I can pass on Arese Ugwus book on financial planning to my children but not this certainly . People should learn to face their own hustle and not be obsessed with knowing what’s going on in the life of others , total lack of focus in most people.