Scoop

“I have to move on and save myself” – Mary J. Blige on her Divorce from Kendu Isaacs

mary-j-bligeR&B singer Mary J. Blige is speaking up for the first time about her emotional divorce from her husband and manager of 12 years, Kendu Isaacs.

Speaking on Good Morning America, MJB explains that her “heart is okay” and that she is “hanging in there”.

“No one wants to go through this, and this is hard,” she told Robin Roberts.

She said, “The breaking point was when I kept asking over and over and over again for respect and to be respected. And it just seemed like I was beating a dead horse. It seemed like I was talking to a wall. I just wasn’t getting it back so if I can’t get respect in the relationship, then I have to move on and save myself. That was the point where I was like, ‘I’m done. I just can’t do it anymore.’”

Talking about handling her finances in this period, she says ““You have to handle your business. You have to take responsibility and stay on top of it because things like this will happen if you don’t. You need people that will help you, but they can’t do everything for you. You have to be in the mix of it.”

Watch a clip below.

1. bibieki

November 17, 2016 at 5:15 pm

love you mj

2. Denise Gatewood

November 17, 2016 at 7:00 pm

Tell Mary J. Now is the time to fall back on her Hodly supports. They will carry you when you need them to and in a little while, she will be stronger and wiser and nestled firmly in a solid relationship where love will abound.

3. Sonia w young mitchell

November 17, 2016 at 11:20 pm

GOD will never put more on us.than we can bare.

4. Sonia w young mitchell

November 17, 2016 at 11:22 pm

GOD Will never put more on you than you can bare.

5. ADAMU

November 18, 2016 at 2:46 am

I am your sincere fan MJB so where ever you can be happy will be the best place to be!!life is so short to spare the minimum happiness we needed

6. Renee Bell

November 18, 2016 at 3:29 am

When seems like your at your lowest TRUST IN THE LORD HE WILL PROVIDE GOD BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU SAFE.I LOVE AND THERE ARE MANY MORE.

7. Regina Rhynes

November 18, 2016 at 10:02 am

Good morning &May God bless you as Only He can & Always has been with Your life & YOur. Spiritual. Healing. Music! !, & JUst LIke. One of my favorite SOng of. Your’s Remember that. U are. Living. PRoof! ! For me and my Soul! !, Love you so. MUch More Than One. Fan Could. Imagine. Stay STRONG. GIRL! !??