News

Strange but True: It is Now N1,000 to Open a Zenith Bank Account

BellaNaija.com

600x600-guy-purseSince its inception in 1990, Zenith Bank has strategically positioned itself as the bank for the corporate  giants of industry, the affluent upper middle class, the high networth individuals and the so-called ‘one percent.‘ These fortunate customers have enjoyed the very finest banking services available in Nigeria for nearly three decades. This exclusivity of the bank’s clientele made it perhaps the most aspirational brand in the country, as many young people set life goals that included being able to own an account in Zenith Bank. This was no mean feat to achieve, seeing as it cost at least N250,000 to open any account in the bank.

Until now.

Zenith Bank has recently refocused operations on the retail segment of the banking sector, meaning that the bank’s superlative services are now available to everyone. That almost insurmountable barrier to entry, N250,000, has been reduced to an infinitesimal N1,000.

Furthermore, the bank has made it super easy to open an account with them by introducing an account opening shortcode *966*0# which can be dialed from any phone to instantly open an account and receive your account number. You then need to visit any Zenith Bank branch within 7 days to activate your account.

N1000 to open an account at Zenith Bank?  No one would have thought it possible.

__________________________________________________________________

Sponsored Content

1. Marlvina

November 19, 2016 at 2:48 pm

Beyt I currently have a savings account with Zenith but I never paid the supposed N250k o. Where’s ds coming from? Ehnnn? Since when? I only transferred a lil amount into the account after its opening.

2. Babycakes

November 19, 2016 at 2:51 pm

What’s strange in it now? it’s recession, simple!!

3. Netizen

November 19, 2016 at 2:55 pm

Even with the #1000, I’m still not opening any account with them. Customer service to the “perceived poor” customers is terrible. I went to a branch two weeks ago to deposit money into someone’s account. Can you imagine that the cashier flung my deposit elsewhere when he was done? Myself and the lady in front were confused. I have a small stature so there was no way my hand could have reached it without someone passing it to me or me taking a few steps to my left. What got me angry was that i was right in his front. Even if he wanted to fling, he could have just directed it to me. I had to ask if it was mine, guess his response. “Why not check if it’s your name there” with a very condescending tone. The lady quickly stretched her hand and passed it to me. I asked him how I was supposed to know that it was mine. Firstly, we were three at the counter. Secondly, you didn’t direct it to me. I left the bank so angry that day. You know how you feel when someone who wants to dash you money throws it at you so you can scramble to catch it. That was how I felt. Never going back there. And to think that I had my first account opened there for me as a kid by my parents. When I became an adult, I couldn’t operate the account because of lack of BVN. Oya then, convert the account. It became a problem even up till now. I wrote letters, dropped passport, did everything I was supposed to do, yet they kept using me to play ludo. I just stylishly withdrew all my money from them. No time for nonsense.

4. Hanee

November 19, 2016 at 2:59 pm

Yeye they smell? When their mates has been doing zero naira to open account

5. keke driver

November 19, 2016 at 4:02 pm

Strange ke? @ZenithBank welcome to the club.

6. Africhic

November 19, 2016 at 5:18 pm

Zenith Bank you are 10 years late to the party

• mujer

November 19, 2016 at 11:02 pm

exactly why I am staying with Union and First Bank They are now trying to lure those who they previously looked upon with utter disdain. The masses shall keep their wrinkled naira notes in banks that have welcomed them from day 1. Issue is they are not being stangulated by the econ situation and they want to combine all ya #1000 to build a reserve. No way. Keep catering to the high net worth. JP Morgan still has its bourgeois branches where they offer personal banking services to those who need to not count their stashes. You should follow suit.

• Daizzy

November 26, 2016 at 7:54 am

My dear you can’t be farther from the truth! They seriously just woke up from slumber! I’ll happily stick with my Union Bank!

7. Flexe

November 19, 2016 at 6:46 pm

BN, did they pay you…see advertisement!!!

• unadite

November 19, 2016 at 8:43 pm

But of course na

8. Tutu

November 19, 2016 at 8:54 pm

Terrible customer service!!!!!!!

• bil

November 20, 2016 at 12:18 pm

I have banked with them for over 6 years now and their customer service is nothing to write home about. The last time I called I kept telling them go and learn from Stanbic ( that is one thing I think they do well).

9. felix Usoh

November 19, 2016 at 11:00 pm

I opened mine two weeks ago and I forgot going for the atm card. What should I do?

10. Adviser Archibong Ene

November 20, 2016 at 3:30 am

I appreciates Zenith Bank so much having partnership for over 4yrs now, but I need to have mobile banking on my phone which is not possible, please help me download zenith app into my (itel 1556) Thanks, Adviser.

11. Nahnash

November 20, 2016 at 6:36 am

That’s good

12. Okey Nwosu

November 20, 2016 at 8:41 pm

Good progress. In 2004 when I wanted to open a Savings account in Zenith, it was 500k. Now 1k . What a change in strategy .

13. CHIOMA

November 21, 2016 at 3:18 pm

zenith bank just woke up from their slumber but i guess its too late
    Even if they change it to zero naira, i’m never banking with them. The way they talk to people, MY GOD, They look down on people alot. they give you attention and talk to you nicely if you are rich. I’ve been to several branches and they are all the same * SO RUDE*. Just walk into any zenith any branch to make an enquiry and see how they will respond to you
    Back in 2006 when i followed my mom to open a zenith bank savings account at Ogba branch, she was with 100k and the customer care lady without even looking at us said in a very condescending tone ” we open savings account with 200k and above” and walked away. I can never forget that day in my life, I felt so bad and since then, when i see a zenith bank, i just waka pass to show you how bad i felt, i don’t even use their atm machines. NONSENSE

14. bright

December 29, 2016 at 9:44 pm

well thanks for the info buh people say they are pretty good at security measure buh surposing that thier attitude sucks these bad i don’t stand a chance. well then i will either consider fcmb or eco bank, talk about gorging by the blogers infos they wil just kill u with sweet mouth thanks